Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense...

+8
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Vlad
Frank Ricard
kingstonlake
Ass Dan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Heat Miser
12 posters

Go down

Article MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense...

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-23, 00:34

...this is a fun read.

http://mgoblog.com/content/fee-fi-foe-film-michigan-state-offense/
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Article Re: MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense...

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-23, 00:45

gHost Spartan wrote:Heat, did you really read it? I got about two paragraphs in and lost interest.

Yes. Shadenfreude. I'm finding their boards more interesting than our boards these days. Board quality is inversely proportional to football success.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-23, 00:54

gHost Spartan wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Yes. Shadenfreude. I'm finding their boards more interesting than our boards these days. Board quality is inversely proportional to football success.

I still feel uneasy about the game. Anything can happen. Michigan is a cornered beast, with some potentially mortal wounds, ready to either lash out and take the Spartans with them, or simply die a feeble death after one last charge. I'm always nervous about this game and I really don't enjoy all the "we're gonna kill them" talk.

They are roadkill...and they'll be in the same boat next year regardless of coach breaking in a new qb. Then it's back to Spartan Stadium in '16 for 7 of 8.

This is as close to a sure thing as we're likely to ever get. Enjoy it.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-23, 01:17

Heat Miser wrote:

You're so right
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-10-23, 01:26

I'm watching the 2004 game and they're cheering when Stanton isn't getting up. He goes down, crowd gets quiet, he stays down and the crowd turns up.

They are shit, they have always been shit and on Saturday they will be sorry. Fuck these mother fuckers. I'm heated.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-10-23, 01:57

Their two best players are playing on one leg. Mercy killing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-23, 02:41

Ass Dan wrote:I'm watching the 2004 game and they're cheering when Stanton isn't getting up. He goes down, crowd gets quiet, he stays down and the crowd turns up.

They are shit, they have always been shit and on Saturday they will be sorry. Fuck these mother fuckers. I'm heated.

MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense... 502811600 Get em!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2014-10-23, 05:33

Actually, most of what was mentioned in the blog and comments were fairly reasonable. The only comment that caught my eye was something to the effect of MSU runs a sensible offense given their star ratings MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense... 502811600 Over at mgoblow, they'll never get it.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2014-10-23, 08:53

gHost Spartan wrote:

I still feel uneasy about the game. Anything can happen. Michigan is a cornered beast, with some potentially mortal wounds, ready to either lash out and take the Spartans with them, or simply die a feeble death after one last charge. I'm always nervous about this game and I really don't enjoy all the "we're gonna kill them" talk.

Those who take this game lightly just haven't lived long enough. Count the number of times we've been heavy underdogs to them, and have found a way to win.

Hoping to make it 6 out of 7, but not assuming anything.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-23, 09:08

Vlad wrote:

Those who take this game lightly just haven't lived long enough.  Count the number of times we've been heavy underdogs to them, and have found a way to win.

Hoping to make it 6 out of 7, but not assuming anything.
Didn't we lose 7 straight from 2002 to 2007 as underdogs? That is 6 years. Someone posted that we won in 90, 93, 95 and 01? Also MSU is usually better when both teams are ranked and I know we won in 99. I'd like you to stop being a pussy and go count all the times we've been heavy underdogs and beat them, in their place. I'm guessing the number is 1 time.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-23, 09:09

gHost Spartan wrote:

That's how I feel. The vast majority of Spartans on the forums seem to think that it's going to be similar to last year. While I'm hoping it's three times worse, I'm still nervous that, inexplicably, Michigan coalesces and sneaks a W. It's their Super Bowl, just as it was once our Super Bowl, their backs are against the wall, and their coach is fighting for his job.
MSU coaches and players are saying that they take this game personally and they have all seen the Mike Hart comments and seen how the fans react after a um win.

um coaches and players are saying this is just another game to them.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-23, 09:11

Heat Miser wrote:

They are roadkill...
white trash roadkill.. they suck.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-10-23, 09:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:white trash roadkill.. they suck.

They seem scared, don't they Bob?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-10-23, 09:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

They seem scared, don't they Bob?
I pity them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-10-23, 09:20

gHost Spartan wrote:

That's how I feel. The vast majority of Spartans on the forums seem to think that it's going to be similar to last year. While I'm hoping it's three times worse, I'm still nervous that, inexplicably, Michigan coalesces and sneaks a W. It's their Super Bowl, just as it was once our Super Bowl, their backs are against the wall, and their coach is fighting for his job.

Agreed. We need to put a hob nailed boot on their throat and never let up.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-10-23, 09:53

Frank Ricard wrote:Actually, most of what was mentioned in the blog and comments were fairly reasonable. The only comment that caught my eye was something to the effect of MSU runs a sensible offense given their star ratings MGoBlowJob's take on the MSU Offense... 502811600 Over at mgoblow, they'll never get it.

Completely reasonable. That's what's fun about it. They're fucked, they know they're fucked, & event went to the trouble of writing a detailed analysis of exactly why they're fucked & the manner in which they're likely to be fucked.

I concur with their analysis.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-10-23, 14:08

Bump for Vlad, unless he's just a trolling dick, with zero credibility.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-10-23, 21:19

InTenSity wrote:
Didn't we lose 7 straight from 2002 to 2007 as underdogs? That is 6 years. Someone posted that we won in 90, 93, 95 and 01? Also MSU is usually better when both teams are ranked and I know we won in 99. I'd like you to stop being a pussy and go count all the times we've been heavy underdogs and beat them, in their place. I'm guessing the number is 1 time.

I posted in that thread that the last time UM came into this game unranked and MSU ranked was 2005. MSU lost. That was in Spartan Stadium.

The only other time this situation happened was 1968. MSU lost that one too. So we are 0-2.

Of course I was advised that this year "is so much different".
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-10-23, 21:32

gHost Spartan wrote:

Meechigan typically has a team that has players that can jump up and bite you even when the chips are down. This team is bad. Their offensive line is the worst one in the B1G. That means they can't run the ball or protect any QB long enough for them them to get a passing game established. They can't score unless MSU turns the ball over and Meechigan's defense scores (like MSU 2 years ago)
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-10-23, 22:15

Herbie Green wrote:

I posted in that thread that the last time UM came into this game unranked and MSU ranked was 2005. MSU lost. That was in Spartan Stadium.

The only other time this situation happened was 1968. MSU lost that one too. So we are 0-2.

Of course I was advised that this year "is so much different".

I remember that 05 game. Holy cow where we all ridiculously over confident going in. Man did that one suck
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-10-24, 07:34

InTenSity wrote:
MSU coaches and players are saying that they take this game personally and they have all seen the Mike Hart comments and seen how the fans react after a um win.

um coaches and players are saying this is just another game to them.

Pretty sad when Hoke's best hope is that we will lack focus and blow the game. No, Coach, that's your coaching method, not Coach D's.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down