Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

+17
By-Tor
DWags
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  Empty You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:53 pm

I'm in the camp that Dantonio should fire a few members of the staff and pass the keys over to a new OC. What's your take?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  Empty Re: You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:04 pm

I'm in the camp that probably has to happen. Except for poorly-timed and too often used jet sweeps I don't think Salem is doing that bad. It is different from Warner. Problem is, Salem still has to make things happen with same OL.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  Empty Re: You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

Post by Cameron Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:05 pm

Whoever has the answers, it is clear that they are not currently on staff.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:10 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'm in the camp that probably has to happen. Except for poorly-timed and too often used jet sweeps I don't think Salem is doing that bad. It is different from Warner. Problem is, Salem still has to make things happen with same OL.

I'm with you. I actually like our play calling up until we get into the red zone. Also, here's a scary thought I think our offense gets worse when Lewerke leaves. His keeper plays are decent, I think Rocky is about on par with the 2018 injured Lewerke and that's not a good thing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Find people who can recruit. Then find people who can coach them. Hopefully it’s the same person.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Find people who can recruit. Then find people who can coach them. Hopefully it’s the same person.

Could an offensive mastermind get more out of this offense? Lets say we had Rich Rod as an OC
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:25 pm

We need a functioning OL. Find someone who can recruit these guys and we'll get back to winning.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:25 pm

Recruit some OL guys from the state of Wisconsin.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:27 pm

The Pantry wrote:Recruit some OL guys from the state of Wisconsin.

Amen, they are proven gamers year in and year out. I'm surprised more national blue bloods don't go in there and try to lure kids out of that state.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:36 pm

I’m not being paid to make the corrections on offense any more than I’ve been elected to solve the problem with mass shootings. Those in charge must solve the issues.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:37 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I’m not being paid to make the corrections on offense any more than I’ve been elected to solve the problem with mass shootings. Those in charge must solve the issues.

I’ll give you a penny for your thoughts.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:46 pm

The Pantry wrote:Recruit some OL guys from the state of Wisconsin.

Im down with that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m not being paid to make the corrections on offense any more than I’ve been elected to solve the problem with mass shootings. Those in charge must solve the issues.

You're overpaying.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:21 pm

steveschneider wrote:

What I.B. said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:24 pm

We buy a boat. We buy some oars. And we fucking row!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:We buy a boat. We buy some oars. And we fucking row!!!

If we ever put oars on Spartan helmets, I’m going to puke and then I’ll call and cancel my donate.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Oats, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 pm

I build the hog mollies, and make it known, I'm building ground up on the o-line. And, I will hire the best damned offensive line coach there is and pay him a ton of money.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm

SawGreen wrote:I build the hog mollies, and make it known, I'm building ground up on the o-line. And, I will hire the best damned offensive line coach there is and pay him a ton of money.

Will he know what to do with OTPT's oars?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:13 pm

Does MSU not have any money to upgrade the football coaching staff? Lets hire some baller coaches. I have to believe we have more money than LSU.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:19 pm

steveschneider wrote:Does MSU not have any money to upgrade the football coaching staff? Lets hire some baller coaches. I have to believe we have more money than LSU.
Apparently we spent it all on legal bills and law suit settlements...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:02 pm

steveschneider wrote:Does MSU not have any money to upgrade the football coaching staff? Lets hire some baller coaches. I have to believe we have more money than LSU.

Perles spent it on ribs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:40 am

Part two question, with current talent how do you fix this offense for the remainder of the season?

Imo fix the red zone offense. We don’t have the OL to power run it in and are getting stuffed at the line of scrimmage. Gotta pass it in and maybe spread the field more.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 am

Why the hell would you believe that
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:55 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Nm

Last edited by steveschneider on Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 am

We might have more $$ than LSU, but LSU spends more $$ on Football than MSU.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:01 am

I'll check with "Valenti" and get back to you guys.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:19 am

InTenSity wrote:

We might have more $$ than LSU, but LSU spends more $$ on Football than MSU.

Link is from a couple of years ago.  Schools were pretty similar in revenue and expenses.  I think LSU has surpassed MSU in revenue (and probably expenses) since then.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

There are probably other things related to football that LSU gets more money from (that aren't specifically accounted for as football revenue).  I'd guess LSU has more donations from boosters, but I could be wrong.

Dantonio gets paid more than Orgeron.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 am

#13 and this is where we are at. Damn shame.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:27 am

It will cost you about $650,000/annually for my fix to the system, but let's just say that it starts with playing a more up tempo pace.
Giving the defense time to set, substitute and adjust takes away an advantage that the offense has in setting the pace of play. Then again if you are afraid of going 3 & out and having to rest your defense then maybe you don't have much of an offense to start with.
And sometimes it doesn't even have to be snapping the ball up tempo, but getting to the line and "freezing" the defense.

For more information, send 25,000 swill coins (this is the new world cyber currency of choice)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:38 am

My long term fix would involve paying players under the table, grade fraud and hiring recruits families to high paying cushy jobs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:#13 and this is where we are at. Damn shame.

That’s a lot of expenditures for a basketball school.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:46 am

If I was in charge you fuckers would hate me. Think shit is screwed up now? Wait till you see my triple reverse passes on first down and punts on third down.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:48 am

DWags wrote:If I was in charge you fuckers would hate me. Think shit is screwed up now? Wait till you see my triple reverse passes on first down and punts on third down.

Good stuff. If I was in charge I'd throw deep balls 4 downs in a row and never punt. My motto would be punting is for wimps. I'd use the punters scholarship for something more important.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 am

I would run the best play in college.
The under thrown ball to the outside line, where the receiver has to slow down, forcing the DB to run into him and get PI called every time. Once it is 1st and goal, I'd kick a field goal, since that play would be taken away.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am

#5 in the Big Ten.

After OSU, UM, Penn State, and Wisconsin.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:05 am

InTenSity wrote:I would run the best play in college.
The under thrown ball to the outside line, where the receiver has to slow down, forcing the DB to run into him and get PI called every time. Once it is 1st and goal, I'd kick a field goal, since that play would be taken away.

Yeah, exploiting the terrible reffing is a rock solid plan. Last night they were talking about how the Patriots prep based on the refs calling the games.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:51 pm

DWags wrote:If I was in charge you fuckers would hate me. Think shit is screwed up now? Wait till you see my triple reverse passes on first down and punts on third down.
Dwags, I’m with you. Depending where the ball is on the field, why wouldn’t you punt on 3rd and 25 instead of a token draw play for 5 yards?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:08 pm

NigelUno wrote:

#5 in the Big Ten.

Little brother syndrome much?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

#5 in the Big Ten.

Little brother syndrome much?

I would say our football team has pretty much outperformed relative to those "rankings" under Dantonio.

Not sure what you're referring to.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next