Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo)

2 posters

Go down

UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo) Empty UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo)

Post by Turtleneck 2014-10-26, 14:40

I do not watch much UM football (do not have cable). Yesterday was by far the most I have watched UM play this season. After their arrogance and generally unattractive demeanor, I was bothered by the prominent use of an image of the state of Michigan on some of their gear. How long has this been going on? That school is in no way reflective of the values associated with the state of Michigan. MSU used to be on top of this, and it was MSU that prominently featured an image of the state. In fact, there used to be an outline of the state on the floor of the Breslin Center.

I actually think this is important. MSU can't let UM steal this and use it in their marketing. MSU is the real university of Michigan.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo) Empty Re: UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo)

Post by Turtleneck 2014-10-27, 10:20

Bumping my own thread.

Just looked it up. About 1/3 of UM students are out-of-state students. That does not include international students. I have yet to locate the data for MSU, but I am confident it does not approach 1/3. So, yeah, MSU needs to take back the use of the image of the state. Definitely thinking about a letter writing campaign.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo) Empty Re: UM's Use of the State of Michigan (image/logo)

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-10-27, 10:28

Do we still have the Michigan outline on the back of the helmets? I haven't paid close enough attention to the helmets to know for sure. I like when that was added.

Either way, the state outline is fair game, whether we like it or not.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-10-27, 10:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:Do we still have the Michigan outline on the back of the helmets? I haven't paid close enough attention to the helmets to know for sure. I like when that was added.

Either way, the state outline is fair game, whether we like it or not.

It's obviously fair game, and because of that MSU can choose to feature it more prominently than UM. And that is something MSU should choose to do. This is another place MSU should compete with UM. For me, the back of the helmet - if it is still there - does not matter much considering you cannot actually see the outline while watching a game.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down