Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Net Neutrality

+34
MattyFresh
TheReal_LWS
BleacherSwill
Dr. Strangelove
Watch Out Pylon!
Cym Jim
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
Green Note
DWags
All Your Base
b0b
Floyd Robertson
Mentalstate
Loose Stools
Rodeo Burger
Zeno
steveschneider
sprtnbrn
SpartanInNH
Ass Dan
GRR Spartan
SeeRockCity
xsanguine
pulling69
Brock Middlebrook
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rocinante
Heat Miser
Cosmo_Kramer
Turtleneck
LoneWolfSparty
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
38 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Net Neutrality - Page 5 Empty Re: Net Neutrality

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-24, 10:52

Bullshit

Uh, oh.

Comcast Sics Its Legal Goons on Net Neutrality Advocates 

A couple of weeks ago, it was discovered that a significant number of anti-net neutrality comments on the FCC’s website were being fraudulently attributed to real people. The pro-net neutrality advocacy group Fight for the Future proceeded to set up a website to raise awareness of the problem and collect more evidence of the obvious astroturfing going on. Today, the group revealed that the most hated company in America had sent them a cease and desist letter.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-07-11, 15:36

Mark your calendar for the net neutrality Day of Action

As the Trump-era FCC moves to repeal net neutrality, the deadline for new comments on its proposal is rapidly approaching: July 17. With that, a diverse coalition of supporters of the current net neutrality rules are planning a last-ditch mass internet protest for tomorrow, July 12: Battle for the Net’s “Internet-Wide Day of Action to Save Net Neutrality.”

Among other actions, Battle for the Net is encouraging websites or mobile apps to display banners or other content demonstrating how they believe they and their users will be disadvantaged if net neutrality is repealed. For example, some sites will display “spinning beachball of death”, “blocked,” or “upgrade” alert modals that ask users to imagine cable companies interfering with the equal delivery of their content, and encourage users to contact the FCC and Congress to defend the existing rules. (These alerts won’t actually slow down the sites that use them.)
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-30, 22:18

I think the FCC was hacked. This document is currently being hosted by FCC.gov.

Net Neutrality - Page 5 DIhCnQwUMAAo8K6
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-06, 11:03

Another example of fucking bots being the reason we can't have nice things.

Net neutrality becomes a battle of the bots

But, thanks to bots, “public opinion” is less clear when it comes to about 21.8 million comments submitted to the FCC since the current chairman, former Verizon lawyer Ajit Pai, proposed rolling back significant elements of that order’s provisions.

Which is pretty much the point of bots – to obscure the opinions of actual humans. As Motherboard reported this week, data analytics company Gravwell found that only about 18% (3,863,929) of the comments submitted to the FCC website and through its API were “unique.”

The rest were likely from “automated astroturfing bots,” and overwhelmingly favored doing away with net neutrality – the opposite of the Freedman poll’s findings. However, Gravwell did find a few that supported net neutrality.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-21, 10:39

The FCC's plan to undo net neutrality is about to be revealed

Chairman Ajit Pai's reversal of Title II changes could be presented later today.

Back in April, new FCC chairman Ajit Pai outlined a plan to undo net neutrality protections implemented during the Obama administration, before taking public comments. Millions of messages in response crashed the FCC's website for a time, but despite opposition, he is reportedly ready to move forward and may unveil more details this week. The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Politico separately reported that we will find out details later on Tuesday, before the commission votes on them in December.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-21, 10:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:The FCC's plan to undo net neutrality is about to be revealed

Chairman Ajit Pai's reversal of Title II changes could be presented later today.

Back in April, new FCC chairman Ajit Pai outlined a plan to undo net neutrality protections implemented during the Obama administration, before taking public comments. Millions of messages in response crashed the FCC's website for a time, but despite opposition, he is reportedly ready to move forward and may unveil more details this week. The Wall Street Journal, New York Times and Politico separately reported that we will find out details later on Tuesday, before the commission votes on them in December.

Thank you, President Trump!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-21, 10:42

I don't really think there is anything we can do Floyd. Pai is just going to do whatever the fuck he feels like because he can. It wouldn't matter if 300 million complaints from 300 million citizens came in, as long as 5 entities are for repealing net neutrality, that is what is going to happen. The only thing I feel I can do is never vote for another republican again. I've voted for them in the past, but I think I'm now a 1 issue voter, and this is a pretty big one.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-11-21, 10:44

does this mean I can keep my guns and bibles?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-21, 10:51

Net Neutrality - Page 5 3003718628
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-21, 10:52

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:The FCC's plan to undo net neutrality is about to be revealed

Hi Bee, could I get your thoughts on Net Neutrality?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-11-21, 11:00

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

If liberals are for it then I am against it. Wink
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-11-21, 11:01

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

And this is why this country is failing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-11-21, 11:08

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Thanks for solidifying my thoughts on you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-11-21, 11:19

InTenSity wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

You can’t just expect stupid people to think for themselves brah.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-21, 11:23

InTenSity wrote:I don't really think there is anything we can do Floyd. Pai is just going to do whatever the fuck he feels like because he can. It wouldn't matter if 300 million complaints from 300 million citizens came in, as long as 5 entities are for repealing net neutrality, that is what is going to happen. The only thing I feel I can do is never vote for another republican again. I've voted for them in the past, but I think I'm now a 1 issue voter, and this is a pretty big one.

That's what really chaps my ass, InTen. One Chairman and five BODs or Trustees or whatever can set the direction while completely ignoring the input of millions of citizens.

I mean, six fucking people wielding all that power.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-11-21, 11:24

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

So you must think that Pai's directive allowing ISPs to collect/package/sell your browsing history is a good thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-11-21, 12:05

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

You can’t just expect stupid people to think for themselves brah.

Tell us some of your original thinking.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-11-23, 05:26

TheReal_LWS wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

you want this? (this already in portugal)

Net Neutrality - Page 5 Portug10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-12-21, 07:31

A slew of cable companies are going to hike prices for the new year—Merry no consumer protections!

And away we go....
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 08:04

Cable and internet companies raising their prices?  My god, that's never happened before in the history of man.

Luckily this info is from the DailyKos so we know it's not slanted in any way.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-21, 08:06

LooseGoose wrote:Cable and internet companies raising their prices?  My god, that's never happened before in the history of man.

What are your fake news sites saying?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 08:28

Loose barely understands how a rotary dial phone works, but he is an expert on net neutrality.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 08:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Cable and internet companies raising their prices?  My god, that's never happened before in the history of man.

Jesus, comcast has just announced a 1000 dollar bonus for employees.   The morons will say it's the tax bill.  I absolutely know they swallow that stuff all the way up till comcast slowly raises their prices up up up.

Oh well, Capitalism.  I'm a proponent.  Adapt, move on, make plans.    We've elected a congress and president who believe in taking restrictions off.  You either trust the corporations will keep prices down, or you plan for them moving them up.  Thing is, at this point, it's out of your hands..  All you can do is not use it.  Good luck to everyone.  You have choices in this country.  

BTW, I like Coke coming out and saying they're just gonna roll that shit into buying back stock and pleasing stake holders.  I might buy a coke due to their honesty.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-21, 08:35

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Jesus, comcast has just announced a 1000 dollar bonus for employees.   The morons will say it's the tax bill.  I absolutely know they swallow that stuff all the way up till comcast slowly raises their prices up up up.

Oh well, Capitalism.  I'm a proponent.  Adapt, move on, make plans.    We've elected a congress and president who believe in taking restrictions off.  You either trust the corporations will keep prices down, or you plan for them moving them up.  Thing is, at this point, it's out of your hands..  All you can do is not use it.  Good luck to everyone.  You have choices in this country.  

BTW, I like Coke coming out and saying they're just gonna roll that shit into buying back stock and pleasing stake holders.  I might buy a coke due to their honesty.
There is really no way to function anymore without the Internet. That's like saying you don't like your electric bill, so may as well cancel it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-21, 08:43

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:

There is really no way to function anymore without the Internet. That's like saying you don't like your electric bill, so may as well cancel it.

Yeah, I get that.  Sucks.   I don't know where this will take us, but I get that we live in a country that can fuck you sideways if corporate shills want to.   Until everyone who supports those corporations understand collectively they have more power together than any board of directors ever will, we're at their mercy.  Make plans or get butt fucked.  There are some companies that will "do the right thing".  There are some that are very excited about making more money.    Anyone who thinks all these communication corporations will all do right by their consumers is really nuts.  Hopefully there are R&D' departments and actuaries who are running numbers right now in the anticipation of competition that prove lowering their rates will pull more money in by broadening their base.   If not, what can you do?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-12-21, 09:00

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It was AT&T and they are doing it to kiss ass because they want the merger to go through.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-12-21, 09:22

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Yeah, I get that.  Sucks.   I don't know where this will take us, but I get that we live in a country that can fuck you sideways if corporate shills want to.   Until everyone who supports those corporations understand collectively they have more power together than any board of directors ever will, we're at their mercy.  Make plans or get butt fucked.  There are some companies that will "do the right thing".  There are some that are very excited about making more money.    Anyone who thinks all these communication corporations will all do right by their consumers is really nuts.  Hopefully there are R&D' departments and actuaries who are running numbers right now in the anticipation of competition that prove lowering their rates will pull more money in by broadening their base.   If not, what can you do?
What competition are you talking about? There isn't any competition. That's the thing, these monopolies are being treated as functioning competitive entities, when they aren't. There is no incentive for them not to raise rates, there is no competition, not real competition. This is how pure capitalism works though, right. The best get to the top and then you rape the consumer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-12-21, 09:47

Turtleneck wrote:Loose barely understands how a rotary dial phone works, but he is an expert on net neutrality.

You go ahead and believe whatever comforts you. But keep working to support me in my retirement. Thanks in advance.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-21, 09:59

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Loose barely understands how a rotary dial phone works, but he is an expert on net neutrality.

You go ahead and believe whatever comforts you. But keep working to support me in my retirement. Thanks in advance.

All hail His Grace, LooseGoose of House Swill, First of His Name, King of the Internet and the First Posters of the Message Board, Lord of the Internet Kingdoms, and Protector of the Internet Technologies.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-21, 10:08

Capitalism sucks.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-01-25, 11:13

Net Neutrality - Page 5 1486952199

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-25, 11:26

DWags wrote:Net Neutrality - Page 5 1486952199

Heard about that yesterday but didn't get a chance to watch it. Thanks for posting the video. Net Neutrality - Page 5 55953254

It's pretty good.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 11:33

Good illustration but probably dumb marketing.

I don't know that offending a major slice of your customers is a good idea.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-01-25, 11:36

LooseGoose wrote:Good illustration but probably dumb marketing.

I'm not sure they should feel offended. Rich, poor, fat, skinny, I would bet 90% of people in this country don't understand the issue let alone heard of it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-25, 11:41

I'm guessing right wing snowflakes have already started their #BoycottBurgerKing movement?

They're gonna run out of things to be offended by pretty soon.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 11:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I'm guessing right wing snowflakes have already started their #BoycottBurgerKing movement?

No idea Bob, why don't you go help them out?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 11:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:

I'm not sure they should feel offended. Rich, poor, fat, skinny, I would bet 90% of people in this country don't understand the issue let alone heard of it.

Quite possibly true. Just that wading into political stuff rarely ends well for corporations. I really don't care, just making an observation. I've been in a BK maybe twice in the last 5 years and if they throttled my 'net up here anymore it would simply die.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-01-25, 12:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: I'm guessing right wing snowflakes have already started their #BoycottBurgerKing movement?

No idea Bob, why don't you go help them out?

I don't hang out with ignorant right wing racist snowflakes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-01-25, 12:44

Who the fuck would get offended by this? Net Neutrality - Page 5 502811600

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-01-25, 12:54

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who the fuck would get offended by this? Net Neutrality - Page 5 502811600

It seems the Libertarians are.  

Having Failed at Making Edible Burgers, Burger King Tries To Explain Net Neutrality The second-rate fast-food giant gets basic internet protocols wrong.

And keep in mind that the now-defunct Federal Communications Communications' Net Neutrality rules were memorably and usefully defined by economist Thomas W. Hazlett as government regulation of ISPs' business models and a way of giving a new mission to an agency whose reason for being is less and less clear and whose history is not filled with glory.

The joke in the video is that customers must pay $26 to get a Whopper "hyperfast." If they go with the standard price, it takes forever. Because you know, Net Neutrality rules that were formalized in 2015 somehow magically altered the way internet service providers (ISPs) delivered data to their customers. Before 2015, the internet was a morass of shakedown artists who forced all of us to pay extra for this or that site. And now that Net Neutrality has been repealed, the 'net has reverted to a Hobbesian world in which access is nasty, brutish, and metered.

Oh wait, in fact, the average speed and number of internet connections kept growing regardless of the regulatory regime. The FCC's most recent Internet Access Services Report counted 104 million fixed internet connections, a new high. That number doesn't count mobile or satellite connections. Eighty percent of census tracts had at three or more ISPs offering connections of 10 Mbps downstream and 1 Mbps upstream and another 17 percent had two ISPs doing the same (figure 4). So 97 percent of America can go elsewhere when it comes to basic internet connections that allow the sort of streaming, surfing, and gaming we want.

Current FCC head Ajit Pai once called Net Neutrality "a solution that won't work to a problem that doesn't exist." The new Burger King vid helps prove that point.

Poor Bob, just the kind of governing he admires.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next