Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company

+7
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Stoops21
Watch Out Pylon!
Blanch32
CORNER BLITZ
11 posters

Go down

Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company Empty Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:52 am

http://www.inc.com/mat-ishbia/tom-izzo-and-how-i-turned-my-company-into-a-multi-milion-dollar-business.html

Technically, I was a business management major at Michigan State University, but actually I majored in basketball. In the early 2000s, I played for coach Tom Izzo, one of the elite coaches in basketball. During my four-year career, he guided our team to three Big Ten championships, three NCAA Final Four appearances, and an NCAA national championship--a truly amazing run.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company Empty Re: Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company

Post by Blanch32 Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:51 am

Helps when your dad owns the company. But still good for ishbia. In my experience the second gen usually tanks the business
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company Empty Re: Ishbia: Izzo's lessons helped grow his company

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:59 am

Blanch32 wrote:Helps when your dad owns the company.    But still good for ishbia.  In my experience the second gen usually tanks the business

Turkey bacon, two eggs, coffee. Sure real bacon tastes so much better, but turkey bacon is better for you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:08 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Turkey bacon, two eggs, coffee. Sure real bacon tastes so much better, but turkey bacon is better for you.
4 eggs with 4 strips of turkey bacon the morning as well. Big glass of oj hits the spot.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:19 am

Stoops21 wrote:
4 eggs with 4 strips of turkey bacon the morning as well. Big glass of oj hits the spot.

Did you freak out on your food?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:49 pm

Fast-growing United Shore needs more space, and now

Mat Ishbia is running out of space — again.

Amid a rapid expansion of his Pontiac-based mortgage company United Shore Financial Services LLC, he has put a massive building under contract across the street across from his current headquarters that would more than double its real estate footprint in the Oakland County seat if the deal gets finalized.

The goal, he says, is to keep the company — which just a year ago moved into its new building — from not having enough space as he projects growing to about 7,000 employees by 2025, up from the 4,100 he has today in 610,000 square feet at 585 South Blvd.

"The issue is, where do I fit everybody," he said.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:18 pm

He’s hired a lot of his teammates.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Giving Gilbert a run for the money?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:30 pm

I.B. Fine wrote:Giving Gilbert a run for the money?

Different part of the business.

United Shore is a mortgage wholesaler that also services mortgages.
Dan Gilbert’s Quicken Loans is a mortgage retailer. They probably compete for people/staffing.

Ishbia did his time working in the family business and saw the wholesale part of the mortgage was underserved with poor service by competitors. Now he’s setting the quality standard

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:43 am

DWags wrote:He’s hired a lot of his teammates.

Wasn’t sure where to place this story and then remembered this thread and your comment. Ishbia has hired ‘Tone, which is helping to get him back on his feet. I had no idea Smith had hit rock bottom like that.

Former MSU star Antonio Smith is turning his life around after battling homelessness

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2019/08/08/michigan-state-university-basketball-msu-antonio-smith-tom-izzo-era-battled-homelessness/1909375001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:23 am

[tw]1189187830288809990[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:16 pm

The name Ishbia sounds like an anagram or maybe part of the female genitalia. “Dude, rub her lower Ishbia, it’ll drive her crazy.”
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Someone should buy this book for Steve. Sounds like he needs it.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down