Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment

+4
Other Teams Pursuing That
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
steveschneider
8 posters

Go down

Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment Empty Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-04, 20:10

Fans tweet/comment/post like the recruit is reading their post and might not go to that school if they write what they really feel.

"Classy kid hope he ends up where ever he's happy"
Translation "fuck you you little prick. Your word doesn't mean shit".
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment Empty Re: Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment

Post by Turtleneck 2015-02-04, 20:21

Ok
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment Empty Re: Something Peculiar I've Noticed When A Recruit Opens Up His Recruitment

Post by CheesySpartan 2015-02-04, 20:50

Your observation is correct...fwiw
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 00:05

It rubs off to me like a personal letter. Kinda weird.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-05, 00:22

It's not about the recruit reading it. it's about the hive mind that is the internet and message boards. If a person says "that fucking idiot 17 year old is making the worst mistake of his life" the only response is going to be anger from the... For lack of a better term... sunshine blowers that hate any negativity. That scares off anyone that agrees with the fucking asshole comment making the original post stand out as the only asshole. So, people either don't comment or they say "must be a good kid" even though they are basing that assumption on literally nothing.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-02-05, 00:39

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It's not about the recruit reading it. it's about the hive mind that is the internet and message boards. If a person says "that fucking idiot 17 year old is making the worst mistake of his life" the only response is going to be anger from the... For lack of a better term... sunshine blowers that hate any negativity. That scares off anyone that agrees with the fucking asshole comment making the original post stand out as the only asshole. So, people either don't comment or they say "must be a good kid" even though they are basing that assumption on literally nothing.

I would say something sarcastic or just bullshit around. These guys try to act all serious and they just sound foolish
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2015-02-05, 01:24

The internet is fucking weird.

I wish we could go back to 1994.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-02-05, 02:06

I think these people form a relationship with these kids. I wouldn't be surprised if signing up for a recruiting service puts you on some kind of watch list.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-02-05, 07:11

the entire recruiting phenomenon is a very sad commentary on society....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down