Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name image likeness and recruitment

+9
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Bill Cain
Cameron
tGreenWay
NigelUno
duffy munn
DWags
13 posters

Go down

Name image likeness and recruitment  Empty Name image likeness and recruitment

Post by DWags Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 20:54

Let’s say wall side windows sponsors the Michigan State starting point guard. They give our starting point guard $1 million per year to be spokesman or to use that image. When I go out and recruit a point guard to replace him is that what I will tell them? Instead of selling the school to them I will say if you’re the starting point guard at Michigan State wall side windows gives you $1 million. This could really get interesting
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Name image likeness and recruitment  Empty Re: Name image likeness and recruitment

Post by duffy munn Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 21:13

Who knows but it will certainly change the way coaches recruit kids. Their actual involvement ( if that's even allowed) in these deals will be interesting to see.

I'll say this: I don't see Izzo playing this game very long. I wouldn't be shocked if 2021-22 is it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Name image likeness and recruitment  Empty Re: Name image likeness and recruitment

Post by NigelUno Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 22:08

The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Starting Point Guard!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 22:12

The whole nil thing will need tweaking for some time to come. It also doesn’t resolve the matter of the majority of teammates busting their humps without any compensation.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 22:45

Dan Gilbert needs to put that money to good use. I hate that fucker right now, but my opinion is for sale, and the price is an elite starting 5.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Sun 22 Aug 2021 - 23:39

“Man was created in my image and likeness” - Book of Genesis.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 0:12

NigelUno wrote:The J. Ira and Nicki Harris Starting Point Guard!

Presented by rocket mortgage!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 8:04

DWags wrote:Let’s say wall side windows sponsors the Michigan State starting point guard. They give our starting point guard $1 million per year to be spokesman or to use that image. When I go out and recruit a point guard to replace him is that what I will tell them? Instead of selling the school to them I will say if you’re the starting point guard at Michigan State wall side windows gives you $1 million. This could really get interesting

And it won't matter if you don't have any scholarships left, if a company pays a player.

What if that player (not on scholarship) gets hurt though (or just underperforms)?

Then Company X might not pay him the next year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 8:13

duffy munn wrote:Who knows but it will certainly change the way coaches recruit kids. Their actual involvement ( if that's even allowed) in these deals will be interesting to see.

I'll say this: I don't see Izzo playing this game very long. I wouldn't be shocked if 2021-22 is it.

Gotta hand it to Memphis, they have Rasheed Wallace and Larry Brown on their staff now. Memphis is positioning itself to lure the best talent in the country.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 11:10

Mad Dog will be able to afford a walk-on.

"I'm tellin' ya right now.. and I ain't pushin' no baby buggies. It'll be like the time I seen (insert name of walk-on here) goin' into QDoba and I told him they don't sell no hamburgers.. so I drove him to the South Cedar Burger King and now he is the King of The Mad Dog Show.. which reminds me of that time I saw Jimmy Snuka at the Silverdome do a quadruple twist flip and land right on Black Jack Mulligan's solar plexus.. I seen it. I was not not there, if you know what I mean...

I saw Coach Izzo a few years back and told him about it.. I said "Tommy, if you could have the restraining order removed against me, maybe we could knock back a few pops at Leroys and I could tell you more about that time I seen Abdullah the Butcher - The Man from Sudan - take on Sweet Ebony Diamond in the parking lot of the Flint K-Mart"...

now, Brock.. hit the music. This man is a living legend.. a staple of the community in Lansing, East Lansing and all points in between. He was the 7th man comin' off the bench in high school and is most notable known for his role in his middle school's Christmas play. He ain't pushin' no baby buggies and I seen the video. I really did. He did a great job.. ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome (insert name of walk-on here) onto the Mad Dog Show"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 13:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mad Dog will be able to afford a walk-on.

"I'm tellin' ya right now.. and I ain't pushin' no baby buggies. It'll be like the time I seen (insert name of walk-on here) goin' into QDoba and I told him they don't sell no hamburgers.. so I drove him to the South Cedar Burger King and now he is the King of The Mad Dog Show.. which reminds me of that time I saw Jimmy Snuka at the Silverdome do a quadruple twist flip and land right on Black Jack Mulligan's solar plexus.. I seen it. I was not not there, if you know what I mean...

I saw Coach Izzo a few years back and told him about it.. I said "Tommy, if you could have the restraining order removed against me, maybe we could knock back a few pops at Leroys and I could tell you more about that time I seen Abdullah the Butcher - The Man from Sudan - take on Sweet Ebony Diamond in the parking lot of the Flint K-Mart"...

now, Brock.. hit the music. This man is a living legend.. a staple of the community in Lansing, East Lansing and all points in between. He was the 7th man comin' off the bench in high school and is most notable known for his role in his middle school's Christmas play. He ain't pushin' no baby buggies and I seen the video. I really did. He did a great job.. ladies and gentlemen, let's welcome (insert name of walk-on here) onto the Mad Dog Show"..

Lol. That's no way to talk about the latest inductee to the Great Lansing sports Hall of fame. I mean that, I really do.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 14:01

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Mad Dog will be able to afford a walk-on.

Lol. That's no way to talk about the latest inductee to the Great Lansing sports Hall of fame. I mean that, I really do.
there's no gettin' around it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 14:20

I'll give Mad Dog credit for one thing.. and that's the fact that someone with the communication skills of a 4th grader was able to get named to the Greater Lansing Sports Hall of Fame based on his career in communications.

seriously.. congrats to him for that. That is pretty impressive.

I mean that, I really do. There's no getting around it. It's like the time I seen Chief Wahoo McDaniels body spin Andre The Giant at the Silverdome.. there ain't been nobody who could not not do something the way Chief Wahoo McDaniels didn't not do it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 15:11

Bill Cain wrote:“Man was created in my image and likeness” - Book of Genesis.
to defile, ball gag and whip... the book of Bill Cain.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 15:16

So Seriously... Let's say that Gilbert, Gores, Ishbia and Magic decide to make MSU great again... Sell their stakes in the pros... sink a million into each starting player on both basketball and football... Wouldnt that be enough of a billionaire rush to win both Natty's in a single year?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So Seriously... Let's say that Gilbert, Gores, Ishbia and Magic decide to make MSU great again... Sell their stakes in the pros... sink a million into each starting player on both basketball and football... Wouldnt that be enough of a billionaire rush to win both Natty's in a single year?

On paper, maybe. But as we’ve often discussed here and on TOB years ago, talent alone won’t win titles, and no title is a sure thing. There are too many other factors involved.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:16

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:So Seriously... Let's say that Gilbert, Gores, Ishbia and Magic decide to make MSU great again... Sell their stakes in the pros... sink a million into each starting player on both basketball and football... Wouldnt that be enough of a billionaire rush to win both Natty's in a single year?

On paper, maybe. But as we’ve often discussed here and on TOB years ago, talent alone won’t win titles, and no title is a sure thing. There are too many other factors involved.

back to you in the studio, bobby sak
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:22

Billionaires like to make money.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:22

Could print up a shirt M$U the Be$t Natty$ Money Can Buy
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

back to you in the studio, bobby sak

I’m hoping to be able to throw it back to Lee Corso some time this season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:35

NigelUno wrote:

Billionaires like to make money.

I'd rather have our billionaires us their money to win national titles then go to outer space.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 17:59

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Who knows but it will certainly change the way coaches recruit kids. Their actual involvement ( if that's even allowed) in these deals will be interesting to see.

Gotta hand it to Memphis, they have Rasheed Wallace and Larry Brown on their staff now. Memphis is positioning itself to lure the best talent in the country.

16 year-old kids be like Larry who?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 18:06

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Sure but they and their circle parents etc probably has access to that information re the pedigree
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 18:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Sure but they and their circle parents etc probably has access to that information re the pedigree

Good point. Parents and advisors can surely point to Brown's accomplishments.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 23 Aug 2021 - 18:33

At his age the parents might be reminding him of his own accomplishments.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 16:17

[tw]1709644739287371951[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 16:47

Fuck a lease, top prospects are gonna want something they don't have to give back.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 19:54

Cameron wrote:Fuck a lease, top prospects are gonna want something they don't have to give back.
When are the contracts going to go both ways? Breach and stuff when contracts aren't fulfilled.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 20:36

Think recruiting recruiting has gotten to

How much?  How much ya got? negotiations
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 20:52

It’s not NIL. This is just pure pay to play. I’m not griping, I’m just pointing out the shit storm.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 21:02

DWags wrote:It’s not NIL. This is just pure pay to play. I’m not griping, I’m just pointing out the shit storm.

Exactly. Why not just call it was it is.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 23:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Cameron wrote:Fuck a lease, top prospects are gonna want something they don't have to give back.
When are the contracts going to go both ways? Breach and stuff when contracts aren't fulfilled.

Coaches get cars. I'm OK with players getting them. In theory.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu 5 Oct 2023 - 23:36

NigelUno wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Coaches can also get fired
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 8:19

duffy munn wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Coaches have million dollar contracts, and (generally) get buy outs if fired.

Players kinda can get fired too. New coaches can get rid of players (see: Colorado), and coaches can nudge players out the door. Or a billionaire can decide to stop his NIL payments....
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 9:15

NigelUno wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Coaches have million dollar contracts, and (generally) get buy outs if fired.

Players kinda can get fired too. New coaches can get rid of players (see: Colorado), and coaches can nudge players out the door. Or a billionaire can decide to stop his NIL payments.....

It’s a big time professional sports enterprise.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 10:00

Beginning to think an actual players' union and revenue sharing might be a thing in the future.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 10:07

I miss the days of me doing Mad Dog riffs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 10:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I miss the days of me doing Mad Dog riffs.

Where did he move? Alabama or Mississippi? Something like that.

I bet Tim misses him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 12:33

DWags wrote:It’s not NIL. This is just pure pay to play.  I’m not griping, I’m just pointing out the shit storm.  

About time it’s out in the open
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 6 Oct 2023 - 14:34

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I miss the days of me doing Mad Dog riffs.

Where did he move?  Alabama or Mississippi?  Something like that.

I bet Tim misses him.  
I listen to Staudt from time to time. I actually get a kick out of someone living in the same town he grew up in, went to college in, worked his entire career in, while having absolutely no interest in any of it.

Dave moved somewhere down around the Redneck Riviera, I think. I'm a little surprised he hasn't made some cameo appearances on the radio. Maybe he has, I don't really know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down