Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

+15
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ass Dan
Rocinante
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
NigelUno
Ted Brogan
LoneWolfSparty
tTy
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! Empty Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

Post by tTy 2015-02-26, 21:51

Stop being a stubborn old OG crust fuck and foul a motherfucker when you are up by three with under 15 seconds to go, you stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!!

I love you Tom, but for fucks sake. Drop the "I'm old skew, and this ain't what we used to do back in my day" bullshit!!!! Fouling right there is the only way to virtually guarantee that you get the ball back with the fucking lead. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUKC FUCKUFKUC FKCUFKCUFKUCFKCUKFUCKUFKCUFKCUF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241 Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 1896033241

#BackOnTheBubbleAndHeadedToWiskyFUCK
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! Empty Re: Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-26, 21:57

Under 15 seconds. Ty you must be drunk. Under 5? Maybe though I'm a defend and make them force one up myself. However, I don't think anyone advocates fouling up three with more than 5 seconds left.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! Empty Re: Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

Post by Ted Brogan 2015-02-26, 21:58

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! Giphy
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-26, 22:10

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Under 15 seconds. Ty you must be drunk. Under 5? Maybe though I'm a defend and make them force one up myself. However, I don't think anyone advocates fouling up three with more than 5 seconds left.

I've only had one beer. Not drunk. Full court pressure to run clock, foul them 25 feet from the rim. Prolly burn anywhere from 5-8 good seconds off the clock doing that. Let them shoot two, call time out, draw something up and hit your own MF'ing free throws. Rinse and repeat and win.

In that situation you either foul on purpose, or play D. We did both.... Obv, that was on Shilling (I think it was), but it shouldn't have ever gotten to that point.

If you foul there, you have to F up your following possession/free throws AND F up on D when they are desperate for a FG as time expires to lose. The way we did it almost guarantees a loss in regulation....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-02-26, 22:38

#notonthebubble
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-26, 22:38

Izzo is a little too stubborn in adapting some coaching techniques/styles and has cost him a lot this year.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-26, 22:40

NigelUno wrote:#notonthebubble

#No?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-02-26, 22:41

The_Dude wrote:Izzo is a little too stubborn in adapting some coaching techniques/styles and has cost him a lot this year.

You mean like when he insisted on calling TO so he could run a set play at the end of the OSU game?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-26, 22:44

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

You mean like when he insisted on calling TO so he could run a set play at the end of the OSU game?

No, like not fouling when up 3 in late game situations.  EVERYONE does it now...the studies are out there...its in your favor to foul.  

He also still hasn't changed how he coaches defense in this new era of basketball.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-26, 22:46

NigelUno wrote:#notonthebubble

#willbewithlossatwiskydick
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-02-26, 22:47

No, like not fouling when up 3 in late game situations. EVERYONE does it now...the studies are out there...its in your favor to foul.

He also still hasn't changed how he coaches defense in this new era of basketball.
Maybe you've given up on Tom but most of of haven't
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-26, 22:59

Snake Plissken wrote:Maybe you've given up on Tom but most of of haven't

No, I havent.  Just pointing out his flaws and they are costing MSU.  Tom is the first person to admit he's stubborn.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-26, 23:00

The_Dude wrote:

No, I havent.  Just pointing out his flaws and they are costing MSU.  Tom is the first person to admit he's stubborn.

Sometimes stubborn is good. Sometimes it makes roughly 700,000 people want to punch you in your throat, and deservedly so.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 09:11

The_Dude wrote:

No, like not fouling when up 3 in late game situations.  EVERYONE does it now...the studies are out there...its in your favor to foul.  

The stats actually support not fouling but don't let ignorance stand in your way.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-27, 09:19

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

The stats actually support not fouling but don't let ignorance stand in your way.
Prove it. Because that makes no sense in the little thinking about it I've done. But someone may have looked into it more.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 09:25

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You sure bout that brah?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 09:25

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]
Prove it. Because that makes no sense in the little thinking about it I've done. But someone may have looked into it more.[/quote]

Can't argue with Harvard:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/A-Harvard-study-examines-whether-you-should-foul?urn=ncaab,265182
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 09:28

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/A-Harvard-study-examines-whether-you-should-foul?urn=ncaab,265182

Fine.

Show me a study where a team fouls some motherfucker who cans the three and 1.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-02-27, 09:28

Should have fouled. Cost us two games this year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-27, 09:44

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Actually I can. I sort of hate the way that study is done. "How many times did it work versus how many time did it not" is just the first step, especially when it's as close as that (With relatively small sample sizes.) 

I think if I were the coach a lot of it depends on the player who has the ball. For instance, if he is a 70% free throw shooter and a 38% three point shot, even if you do foul him on the shot (which is Tom's big concern, of course, what are the chances of that even happening is also a factor) then he has a 34% chance of making all three free throws, lower than his 3 point shooting %. If those are reversed, maybe I dont foul.

Of course, thats assuming the worst case scenario of fouling during the shot. Which shouldn't happen frequently at all
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 09:46

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Actually I can. I sort of hate the way that study is done. "How many times did it work versus how many time did it not" is just the first step, especially when it's as close as that (With relatively small sample sizes.) 

I think if I were the coach a lot of it depends on the player who has the ball. For instance, if he is a 70% free throw shooter and a 38% three point shot, even if you do foul him on the shot (which is Tom's big concern, of course, what are the chances of that even happening is also a factor) then he has a 34% chance of making all three free throws, lower than his 3 point shooting %. If those are reversed, maybe I dont foul.

Of course, thats assuming the worst case scenario of fouling during the shot. Which shouldn't happen frequently at all

I agree. Real world statistics should never be used.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-27, 09:50

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You mean like the part where I use real world statistics and advocate for using more real world statistics rather than stopping short and using too few real world statistics?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 09:54

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Unless we're talking about gun control.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-02-27, 09:56

Rocinante wrote:

Unless we're talking about gun control.

Well this thread is about to suck
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 09:59

Ass Dan wrote:

Well this thread is about to suck

Seriously. Fucking children.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 10:04

tTy wrote:

Fine.

Show me a study where a team fouls some motherfucker who cans the three and 1.

LOL

I am on record as thinking Gavin Schilling fouls way too much. You foul a guy in that situation, you sit the rest of the season, IMnsHO.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 10:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
You mean like the part where I use real world statistics and advocate for using more real world statistics rather than stopping short and using too few real world statistics?

I think I'll go with Harvard over some random dude on the interwebs on this one.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 10:05

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

LOL

I am on record as thinking Gavin Schilling fouls way too much. You foul a guy in that situation, you sit the rest of the season, IMnsHO.

Sit?  Fuck that.  Burned to death in a cage doused in an accelerant.  This is serious shit, dammit.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-02-27, 10:07

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

I think I'll go with Harvard over some random dude on the interwebs on this one.
You could also do the work yourself and not just assume that either me or Harvard is right. 

All I'm saying is that their "study" is sophmoric and something you would find from a high school statistics class. It isn't nearly deep enough and doesn't tell you shit. The Harvard label is useless because any idiot in a basic stats class could do that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 10:07

tTy wrote:

Seriously. Fucking children.

Ignore Roci and his ilk. You nailed. Children. And dumb ones at that.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:11

Come on guys. That was a softball, I had to swing at it. So sensitive.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 10:12

Rocinante wrote:Come on guys. That was a softball, I had to swing at it. So sensitive.

Go start your own hippy ass gun control thread and I promise I won't turn it into a basketball debate, Mkay fuckface?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:14

tTy wrote:

Go start your own hippy ass gun control thread and I promise I won't turn it into a basketball debate, Mkay fuckface?

You're an angry little man. #handsupthatjokeisreallyold!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 10:18

Rocinante wrote:

You're an angry little man. #handsupthatjokeisreallyold!

Nope, I just have a zero tolerance policy for political hijacking of my threads, since I consider that complete fucking JV shit. Respect it or get dealt with. Your choice.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:20

I actually didn't, I made one joke and you're the one hijacking the thread. By the way. Izzo did the same thing last week and it worked so although the ending sucked, I don't fault him for doing what he always does.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 10:22

tTy wrote:

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 502811600 This is why tTy rules!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-02-27, 10:23

Rocinante wrote:I actually didn't, I made one joke and you're the one hijacking the thread. By the way. Izzo did the same thing last week and it worked so although the ending sucked, I don't fault him for doing what he always does.

Apology accepted!

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! 685334576
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-02-27, 10:24

I ain't scared of you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-02-27, 10:32

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Study is flawed. It's been out there for years that you foul.

Nice try.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2015-02-27, 10:34

So back on topic. Either way you do it, foul or not, you can lose up by three under ten seconds. So this goes back to one simple thing: Hit those free throws down the stretch. Denzel buries both those free throws instead of one of two, we aren't having this conversation. Our teams of the past put these kinds of games away at the stripe.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next