Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

+15
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
Other Teams Pursuing That
Ass Dan
Rocinante
steveschneider
Travis of the Cosmos
Snake Plissken
WhiteBoyHatcher
The_Dude
NigelUno
Ted Brogan
LoneWolfSparty
tTy
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 10:35 am

The_Dude wrote:

Study is flawed. It's been out there for years that you foul.

Nice try.

You're an idiot of epic proportions.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!!

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 10:36 am

Edit. Wrong thread.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 27/02/15, 10:38 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Edit. Wrong thread.

Does this post belong in the Colored Llama thread? Because I don't think it belongs here. This is highly important shit, Bee!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 10:38 am

How many times do you see a team make their first free throw, intentionally missing the second while hitting rim, rebounding the miss and scoring? Is that more likely or a team hitting a three?

It's not even close. That's why its on knowledge you foul. That's why all the announcers scream foul. That's why every coach but izzo does it.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 10:40 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You're an idiot of epic proportions.

LWS your literally the only person that still believes not fouling is right. Is everyone else wrong and your the only right person? You are still advocating not fouling after it cost MSU two games.

Last edited by The_Dude on 27/02/15, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 27/02/15, 10:40 am

I will end this thread right now.

Tom Izzo will direct his team to foul next time he is presented with these same circumstances.

Book it. Mark it down. Take it to the bank. Nuff said.

This game finally changed his mind, I guaransheed it.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 10:41 am

tTy wrote:I will end this thread right now.

Tom Izzo will direct his team to foul next time he is presented with these same circumstances.

No. Everyone else is wrong and I'm right.

LWS
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 27/02/15, 10:42 am

tTy wrote:I will end this thread right now.

THANKS OBAMA!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 27/02/15, 10:42 am

...and Brady Hoke will wear a headset at his next job.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 27/02/15, 10:47 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:...and Brady Hoke will wear a headset at his next job.

Brady Hoke is going to be wearing a shirt with his first name on it at his next job, so you might be onto something here.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 10:51 am

The_Dude wrote:

No. Everyone else is wrong and I'm right.

LWS

You site studies but never produce them. I bring a real study and you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative. You're an idiot
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 27/02/15, 10:57 am

What happens when we foul up 3, miss the 2 free throws after they make theirs, were up only 1 and we lose?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 27/02/15, 10:59 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happens when we foul up 3, miss the 2 free throws after they make theirs, were up only 1 and we lose?

This happens sometimes too....
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 27/02/15, 10:59 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What happens when we foul up 3, miss the 2 free throws after they make theirs, were up only 1 and we lose?

Well, in that event, at least you don't get crucified by a bunch of know it all message board dipshits.

#SilverLining
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 27/02/15, 11:00 am

I can't really blame izzo for just defending the 3 when we might as well have fucking Shaq out there
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 11:01 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You site studies but never produce them. I bring a real study and you dismiss it because it doesn't fit your narrative. You're an idiot

There doesn't need to be any studies.  Its common knowledge bruh.

Whats more likely?  A team making a three or a team making their first, missing second while hitting rim, rebounding, and scoring?

Or getting a steal and scoring with 5 seconds or less left, or going the length of the court in under 4 seconds and hitting a shot?

You need a study that isn't even a complete study to tell you the opposite?  Are you being this dense on purpose?  scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 27/02/15, 11:03 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't really blame izzo for just defending the 3 when we might as well have fucking Shaq out there

*minus well
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 27/02/15, 11:03 am

tTy wrote:

*minus well

This isn't rcmb fuck em
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 27/02/15, 11:06 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't really blame izzo for just defending the 3 when we might as well have fucking Shaq out there

Only problem was we didn't do much defending last night.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 11:06 am

http://www.depauw.edu/ath/mbasket/images/up3.pdf

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 11:07 am

Time to own LWS

http://thebiglead.com/2013/01/31/college-basketball-strategy-review-fouling-up-by-three-points-late-or-playing-defense/

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 11:07 am

From last link:

Throwing all that together, my theoretical estimate was about 5-10% chance of getting tied by employing the foul strategy, depending on how much of a chance you want to attribute to a player getting a legitimate shot off while being fouled. It was about 20% of going to overtime, by playing defense straight up, depending on just how much you think the normal 3-pt rate is affected by being rushed, and the defense knowing you need a 3.

Obviously, based on my theoretical estimate, teams should be employing a foul strategy more often than not. How does that compare with actual results? Mike DeCourcy had a piece last weekend in which he cites high school coach Steve Finamore. According to Finamore, there had been 279 situations with a team up 3 in the final 7 seconds. 259 times, the team played defense, and gave up a tying three 46 times (17.7%). 20 times, the team fouled intentionally, and once, the opponent tied by getting the rebound/put back (5%).
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 11:09 am

The_Dude wrote:http://www.depauw.edu/ath/mbasket/images/up3.pdf

The_Dude wrote:From last link:

Throwing all that together, my theoretical estimate was about 5-10% chance of getting tied by employing the foul strategy, depending on how much of a chance you want to attribute to a player getting a legitimate shot off while being fouled. It was about 20% of going to overtime, by playing defense straight up, depending on just how much you think the normal 3-pt rate is affected by being rushed, and the defense knowing you need a 3.

Obviously, based on my theoretical estimate, teams should be employing a foul strategy more often than not. How does that compare with actual results? Mike DeCourcy had a piece last weekend in which he cites high school coach Steve Finamore. According to Finamore, there had been 279 situations with a team up 3 in the final 7 seconds. 259 times, the team played defense, and gave up a tying three 46 times (17.7%). 20 times, the team fouled intentionally, and once, the opponent tied by getting the rebound/put back (5%).

I site a Harvard study and you site some random dudes on the interwebs.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 27/02/15, 11:19 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Again, your Harvard study is no better than anything in high school level statistics. Please, please, please stop pretending that that's supporting your argument. It's not.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 27/02/15, 11:21 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Time for you to Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 1567726941
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 11:22 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Again, your Harvard study is no better than anything in high school level statistics. Please, please, please stop pretending that that's supporting your argument. It's not.

Yeah you're right. Taking an objective look at an entire season where this exact situation occurred is flawed. LOL

Look, I am not telling anyone that they shouldn't hold that you should foul there. Perfectly acceptable opinion to hold. Just don't try to say that it is a more statistically sound strategy than defending against a 3 pt shot. It isn't.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 11:23 am

The_Dude wrote:

Time for you to Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 1567726941

You're right. Goodbye, you are banished with BoobySak and a few other losers to my foes list. SEEYA
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 27/02/15, 11:26 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Yeah you're right. Taking an objective look at an entire season where this exact situation occurred is flawed. LOL

Look, I am not telling anyone that they shouldn't hold that you should foul there. Perfectly acceptable opinion to hold. Just don't try to say that it is a more statistically sound strategy than defending against a 3 pt shot. It isn't.
Yes, it is very very flawed. I already explained why and I'm not typing it out for you again. Based on your last reply to that post I'm pretty confident you didn't read it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 27/02/15, 11:31 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

You're right. Goodbye, you are banished with BoobySak and a few other losers to my foes list. SEEYA

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 502811600 LWS won't see anyone's posts but his soon
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 11:32 am

[quote="Travis of the Cosmos"]
Yes, it is very very flawed. I already explained why and I'm not typing it out for you again. Based on your last reply to that post I'm pretty confident you didn't read it.[/quote]

Again I call your basis for calling it flawed "poppycock". But I'll die defending your right to hold to poppycock. :hug:
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 27/02/15, 11:33 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 502811600 LWS won't see anyone's posts but his soon

You'd already be there if you weren't a figurehead mod.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 27/02/15, 11:38 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Again I call your basis for calling it flawed "poppycock". But I'll die defending your right to hold to poppycock. :hug:
Lol. He said poppycock
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 27/02/15, 12:05 pm

#FoulOrDefend

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 15/01/16, 01:04 pm

Here is a thread from last year. Sorry tTy, it was the first I came upon. Just trying to illustrate that every year is the same argument.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 15/01/16, 01:07 pm

InTenSity wrote:Here is a thread from last year. Sorry tTy, it was the first I came upon. Just trying to illustrate that every year is the same argument.

lmao, you dickhead! I haven't even commented on hoops this year, I don't think. Not negatively at least.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 15/01/16, 01:08 pm

tTy wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Here is a thread from last year. Sorry tTy, it was the first I came upon. Just trying to illustrate that every year is the same argument.

lmao, you dickhead! I haven't even commented on hoops this year, I don't think. Not negatively at least.
Maybe the wrong thread. I should look to last year's losses and then search around those dates for the threads that have the same old arguments, by the same ole people, year in and year out and how everyone has a fix, or doesn't have a fix for what Izzo does.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 15/01/16, 01:09 pm

InTenSity wrote:
tTy wrote:

Maybe the wrong thread. I should look to last year's losses and then search around those dates for the threads that have the same old arguments, by the same ole people, year in and year out and how everyone has a fix, or doesn't have a fix for what Izzo does.
We are fine. Just wait til March. But not April.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 15/01/16, 01:16 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Tom Izzo, you stupid, stupid, stupid sonofabitch!!!!!! - Page 2 Photo
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 15/01/16, 02:15 pm

Man, I miss the days of squandering 3pt leads instead of getting ass rammed by 20+ at home.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 15/01/16, 02:27 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
January - February - Izzo - Coach K

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next