Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis?

+8
SpartanInNH
Cym Jim
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
HT
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
12 posters

Go down

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? Empty How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis?

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 13:01

How do things like this get done? GofundMe? You guys can donate to my paypal and I'll forward the money to the athletic department? Is that even legal?

Nairn gets call from mom

Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn doesn't get to see his mom often. She is in the Bahamas, Nairn's home country, and has only been able to see her son play once this season in person.

When the team took the stage to accept the trophy for winning the East Region, Nairn had a phone to his ear and was wearing a wide smile.

He was talking to his mom.

"I was just listening to her cry," Nairn said. "I told her 'we're going to the Final Four.' "

His mom said she could see him on TV and continued to cry. It was a touching moment for the freshman who rarely gets to see his mother.

But, Nairn said she is going to try and make it to Indianapolis next week.

"Yes," Nairn said. "Hopefully."

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state-university/2015/03/29/forbes-clark-give-msu-boost-bench/70649098/
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? Empty Re: How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 13:14

wait a second.. Indianapolis? I thought it was in Ann apolis...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? Empty Re: How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis?

Post by Guest 2015-03-30, 13:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. Indianapolis? I thought it was in Ann apolis...

Christ I'm tired of that ad...but it does work to expose the fact that you have been watching the games, careful or you'll ruin your image.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-30, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:How do things like this get done? GofundMe? You guys can donate to my paypal and I'll forward the money to the athletic department? Is that even legal?

Nairn gets call from mom

Lourawls "Tum Tum" Nairn doesn't get to see his mom often. She is in the Bahamas, Nairn's home country, and has only been able to see her son play once this season in person.

When the team took the stage to accept the trophy for winning the East Region, Nairn had a phone to his ear and was wearing a wide smile.

He was talking to his mom.

"I was just listening to her cry," Nairn said. "I told her 'we're going to the Final Four.' "

His mom said she could see him on TV and continued to cry. It was a touching moment for the freshman who rarely gets to see his mother.

But, Nairn said she is going to try and make it to Indianapolis next week.

"Yes," Nairn said. "Hopefully."

The NCAA has got this.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-01-06/ncaa-pay-family-travel-cfp-final-fours-under-pilot-program
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 13:40

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. Indianapolis? I thought it was in Ann apolis...

Christ I'm tired of that ad...but it does work to expose the fact that you have been watching the games, careful or you'll ruin your image.
my image as a Super Spartan fan? Who would want that image ruined??

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-30, 13:48

LooseGoose wrote:
Rocinante wrote:How do things like this get done? GofundMe? You guys can donate to my paypal and I'll forward the money to the athletic department? Is that even legal?

The NCAA has got this.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/ncaa/article/2015-01-06/ncaa-pay-family-travel-cfp-final-fours-under-pilot-program

I missed that announcement a when it came out. Thanks for posting it.

I'm glad some of the TV revenue from all the commercials we endure is going to a good cause.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-30, 13:52

I hope she can make it. I'd hate for her to miss seeing her son on that stage.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-30, 14:10

We should just fly her into Capital City and have Bob pick her up on his way.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 14:13

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:We should just fly her into Capital City and have Bob pick her up on his way.
How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? 502811600

if I end up going, I'd be down with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-30, 14:21

LooseGoose wrote:

The NCAA has got this.

Hey cool!

Hope that happens!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-30, 14:46

I'll borrow gHost's 16 foot boat and get her to the mainland. It's only 150+ miles of open ocean each way.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-03-30, 15:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:I'll borrow gHost's 16 foot boat and get her to the mainland. It's only 150+ miles of open ocean each way.

I think his boat is iced up at Beaver Island.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-30, 15:15

HT wrote:I hope she can make it. I'd hate for her to miss seeing her son on that stage.

Yeah, I'd be glum glum if Tum Tum's mum mum couldn't come come to see her son son.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-30, 15:47

Cym Jim wrote:
HT wrote:I hope she can make it. I'd hate for her to miss seeing her son on that stage.

Yeah, I'd be glum glum if Tum Tum's mum mum couldn't come come to see her son son.
How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? 1966794946

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-03-30, 19:04

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The NCAA has got this.

Hey cool!

Hope that happens!

Well, hell, get on tSwill Twitter and MAKE IT SO!  

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? Tumblr_l7keywnHnV1qa4v5ko1_400
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-03-30, 22:14

From the Jan 06 2015 NY Times:

Less than a half-hour later, in emails sent within minutes of each other, the Playoff announced that it had received an N.C.A.A. waiver allowing it to reimburse parents or legal guardians for travel, hotel and meals up to $1,250 per parent, and the N.C.A.A. announced that as part of that pilot program, it would also reimburse family members up to $3,000 for semifinals and $4,000 for the title game during the men’s and women’s Division I basketball tournaments.

So it appears MSU can do it. Call the basketball office or the MSU Athletic office to see if they have done something or we need to set up an funding web site.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/07/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-playoff-to-help-pay-for-parents-expenses-to-title-game.html?_r=0
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 22:49

afro
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-03-30, 23:12

The_Dude wrote:afro

You suck.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-30, 23:39

Death Roe wrote:
The_Dude wrote:afro

You suck.

How can we ensure that Tum Tum's mom gets to Indianapolis? 992749028
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-04-01, 13:28

Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 2h2 hours ago

Marvin Clark was excited yesterday that the NCAA stipend for family travel will get his mom to Indy. Tum Tum Nairn's mom also coming.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-04-01, 13:53

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 2h2 hours ago

Marvin Clark was excited yesterday that the NCAA stipend for family travel will get his mom to Indy. Tum Tum Nairn's mom also coming.

cheers
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-04-01, 22:07

LooseGoose wrote:Mike Wilson ‏@MikeWilson247 2h2 hours ago

We seriously need a :woot: smilie.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down