Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing

+4
AMwood
Heat Miser
Floyd Robertson
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing  Empty Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing

Post by DWags 2015-03-31, 11:16

Damn, that was a fun one to watch.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing  Empty Re: Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-03-31, 11:20

Because I knew what you'd be posting before I even opened it up, I agree.

The Welterweight division from 1978 to 1984 is as good boxing gets.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing  Empty Re: Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing

Post by Heat Miser 2015-03-31, 12:07

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-03-31, 12:32

from what i understand, hearns broke his left hand within the first minute of that round. after the first minute, he only throws strong punches with his right hand. and he still put up a damned good round one handed.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-31, 13:47

Those fights between any combination of Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard were all anyone would talk about on the elementary school playground the next school day. Huge causes for debates and even flat out fist fights, between people in the various camps. Even though almost no one on the playground would see the fights until maybe days or weeks later if that, they were just really huge events, like SuperBowl levels of interest. Good memories!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-03-31, 14:08

MiamiSpartan wrote:Those fights between any combination of Hagler, Hearns, and Leonard were all anyone would talk about on the elementary school playground the next school day. Huge causes for debates and even flat out fist fights, between people in the various camps. Even though almost no one on the playground would see the fights until maybe days or weeks later if that, they were just really huge events, like SuperBowl levels of interest. Good memories!

Don't forget Duran. As Floyd said, it was a fun weight class to watch. The Hearns Hagler fight it seemed like one of them wouldn't come out of the ring alive.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-31, 16:11

Oh yeah. He was part of that great group, but didn't generate the same chatter or emotions on the playgrounds of Flint as the other guys. Not sure if it was because he was a little older than the other guys, or because he was Hispanic, or what. But his classic battles with Leonard immediately come to mind.

For anyone that's only watched the Round 1 clip embedded in this thread, if you go to watch it on YouTube, there are tons of great related videos come up, including quite a few full fights involving all these guys. I'll have to take some more time with that, as I had to stop myself from getting sucked into watching one youtube video after another in order to get at least SOME work done today.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2015-03-31, 21:15

Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-20, 11:36

Speaking of boxing, the Bull is no longer raging.

Jake LaMotta, boxing legend and inspiration for 'Raging Bull,' dead at 95
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-20, 11:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:Speaking of boxing, the Bull is no longer raging.

Jake LaMotta, boxing legend and inspiration for 'Raging Bull,' dead at 95

RIP.  Always thought he was too mean to die.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-09, 23:19

this boxing match on the 4 letter sports network, pretty good
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-09, 23:22

and now its a grab fest by the guy that isn't russian
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-12-09, 23:28

Matty you lied to me the guy just quit
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-09, 23:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Matty you lied to me the guy just quit

what a bitch that guy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-12-09, 23:33

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Matty you lied to me the guy just quit
Still the best 3 minutes I've seen in boxing  Sorry10

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down