Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minutes and shortening the bench

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
Cameron
NigelUno
Herbie Green
Blanch32
duffy munn
DWags
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minutes and shortening the bench Empty Minutes and shortening the bench

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:32 am

Here are the list of minutes. I know we all wanted Ward to play more than 20 minutes, but that's what he's been averaging. What do you do for the tournament

Bridges 31. 6 minutes. (I dont' think he can stretch it anymore)
Ward 19.6 minutes
Winston 20.8
Langford 20.5
Ellis 18.8
McQuaid 20.3
Tum Tum 23.1
Goins 18.1
Ahrens 8.5
Van Dyk 7.7

Izzo has had a nine man rotation when Harris was healthy, and now it's 8 with Ahrens and Van Dyk getting guys a breather.

Who do you take time away from and add to for the tournament?

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Minutes and shortening the bench Empty Re: Minutes and shortening the bench

Post by duffy munn Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am

DWags wrote:Here are the list of minutes. I know we all wanted Ward to play more than 20 minutes, but that's what he's been averaging. What do you do for the tournament

Ward 19.6 minutes
Winston 20.8
Langford 20.5
Ellis 18.8
McQuaid 20.3
Tum Tum 23.1
Goins 18.1
Ahrens 8.5
Van Dyk 7.7

Izzo has had a nine man rotation when Harris was healthy, and now it's 8 with Ahrens and Van Dyk getting guys a breather.

Bridges, Winston and Ward should all play 40 minutes.

Nobody else should play at all.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:19 am

duffy munn wrote:
DWags wrote:Here are the list of minutes. I know we all wanted Ward to play more than 20 minutes, but that's what he's been averaging. What do you do for the tournament

Ward 19.6 minutes
Winston 20.8
Langford 20.5
Ellis 18.8
McQuaid 20.3
Tum Tum 23.1
Goins 18.1
Ahrens 8.5
Van Dyk 7.7

Bridges, Winston and Ward should all play 40 minutes.

Nobody else should play at all.

so simpleton
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:05 am

This is always a strange question because the minutes get earned depending on how they are playing - except in the case of Cash.. If Winston is playing well he should go 30 to 10 with Tum Tum rather defaulting back to splitting time.
Actually 30/10 should be the default and Tum can get more when Cash plays bad.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:22 am

DWags wrote:Here are the list of minutes.  I know we all wanted Ward to play more than 20 minutes, but that's what he's been averaging.  What do you do for the tournament

Bridges 31. 6 minutes.  [31.2] (I dont' think he can stretch it anymore)
Ward 19.6 minutes  [21.8]
Winston 20.8  [21.3]
Langford 20.5  [23.2]
Ellis 18.8  [27]
McQuaid 20.3  [23.8]
Tum Tum 23.1  [22.7]
Goins 18.1  [17]
Ahrens 8.5  [9.2]
Van Dyk 7.7  [2]

(For comparative purposes, I added the minutes/game for the last 6 games Eron didn't play.)

It would be great to get Ward in the 25-28 range.  He has to stop making bad fouls though.  Bridges will settle for 3's too often (like yesterday when he took 11)...Ward needs to play big down low for us to win.

Bridges might have to get 35-36 minutes.  He has to be on the floor.  He's too valuable.  

Ellis has been the biggest beneficiary of Eron's minutes (with Langford and McQuaid).  I'd like to see Langford get more minutes, because he can take the ball to the hole.  We need that option from someone.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:31 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:Here are the list of minutes.  I know we all wanted Ward to play more than 20 minutes, but that's what he's been averaging.  What do you do for the tournament

Bridges 31. 6 minutes.  [31.2] (I dont' think he can stretch it anymore)
Ward 19.6 minutes  [21.8]
Winston 20.8  [21.3]
Langford 20.5  [23.2]
Ellis 18.8  [27]
McQuaid 20.3  [23.8]
Tum Tum 23.1  [22.7]
Goins 18.1  [17]
Ahrens 8.5  [9.2]
Van Dyk 7.7  [2]

(For comparative purposes, I added the minutes/game for the last 6 games Eron didn't play.)

It would be great to get Ward in the 25-28 range.  He has to stop making bad fouls though.  Bridges will settle for 3's too often (like yesterday when he took 11)...Ward needs to play big down low for us to win.

Bridges might have to get 35-36 minutes.  He has to be on the floor.  He's too valuable.  

Ellis has been the biggest beneficiary of Eron's minutes (with Langford and McQuaid).  I'd like to see Langford get more minutes, because he can take the ball to the hole.  We need that option from someone.

Interesting to see Goins and Tum tum actually went down since Harris injury and McQuaid and expecially Ellis get a boost. Same with the three other freshmen. So, we might want even more Ward, Winston, Langford, and less for Tum Tum and Goins but we have been getting that I guess. Maybe next weekend we get even more freshmen and less Goins and Tum tum
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:37 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Interesting to see Goins and Tum tum actually went down since Harris injury and McQuaid and expecially Ellis get a boost. Same with the three other freshmen. So, we might want even more Ward, Winston, Langford, and less for Tum Tum and Goins but we have been getting that I guess. Maybe next weekend we get even more freshmen and less Goins and Tum tum

Winston's would be much higher except he only played 12 yesterday. If we play small teams (and need offense), then Winston is going to play. He struggles against bigger, stronger teams. I hope he does get more minutes, but he's going to have to play bigger.

I'd like to run this lineup out there (Ward, Bridges, Ellis, McQuaid, Langford).
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:47 pm

I want more Ellis and more Langford.

If Winston can't get out of Izzo's doghouse, I'd honestly like to see Ellis get a couple small stretches as the nominal point guard. I like his passing ability, I think he could do it for a few possessions here and there. A different look when the team hits one of their inevitable cold spells. Maybe something like Ellis, McQuaid, Langford, Bridges, Ward. Never gonna happen though, unless both Tum Tum and Cash foul out or something.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Last two posts would like to see the same five out there. It's a pretty solid five.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:33 pm

DWags wrote:Last two posts would like to see the same five out there. It's a pretty solid five.

They had them listed in a different order though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:43 pm

I think we can all agree when tum graduates it will be a great day for Spartan basketball on the court.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Going to be a short tourney for MSU. Least versatile team Izzo has ever had and NCAA is about playing different styles.

Points are too tough to come by for this squad.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we can all agree when tum graduates it will be a great day for Spartan basketball on the court.

Don't know about that but this is kind of a shitty thing to say. We get it, you don't like Tum Tum.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:32 pm

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I think we can all agree when tum graduates it will be a great day for Spartan basketball on the court.

Don't know about that but this is kind of a shitty thing to say. We get it, you don't like Tum Tum.

You don't have to be the knight in shining armor for every MSU athlete, ya know
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:33 pm

DWags wrote:

OTPT is a full on member of the Brat Pack.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 pm

DWags wrote:

I said on the court. Kid probably gives it all loves MSU and has "it". His basketball skills just aren't there. This isn't really arguable, but feel free. Good luck. He brings nothing to the court.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

OTPT is a full on member of the Brat Pack.

Always has been. He just actually knows about sports.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:49 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

I said on the court. Kid probably gives it all loves MSU and has "it". His basketball skills just aren't there. This isn't really arguable, but feel free. Good luck. He brings nothing to the court.

It's 100% Izzo's fault Tum Tum hasn't developed into a stud PG. That kid has elite speed and handles, all Izzo had to do was improve his shooting and work him into offensive sets once in a while and he would have been putting up 10-12ppg with 5+assists.

Get the kid a shooting coach 4 years ago and this never would have been a problem.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:16 pm

DWags wrote:

Thought he had 9 assists the other night.

Must have been a score keeping error.

Or does 9 = nothing? New math?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:17 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:

It's 100% Izzo's fault Tum Tum hasn't developed into a stud PG. That kid has elite speed and handles, all Izzo had to do was improve his shooting and work him into offensive sets once in a while and he would have been putting up 10-12ppg with 5+assists.

Get the kid a shooting coach 4 years ago and this never would have been a problem.

Yeah guys like Tum, Ellis, McQaid..guys Izzo settled for due to misses. Not many teams beat UK or Duke or KU for croots
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:20 pm

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Yeah guys like Tum, Ellis, McQaid..guys Izzo settled for due to misses. Not many teams beat UK or Duke or KU for croots

tum is on izzo. could of had that stud from Flint instead
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:31 pm

It was a good thread DWags. For awhile anyway. A+ for the effort to encourage legit basketball conversation.

But, what are you gonna do?

Dipshits are going to dipshit.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:51 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:

Spot on. But maybe he isn't great at the sport. Can't teach someone like that to an extent.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:

So, just to clarify, a shooting coach makes everyone a better shooter? Do all the schools know about this? I wish Izzo Fife Black dude with glasses et al would get one then. Heck all of our guys would be great shooters then. Cause we went 28% yesterday.

But whatever.

Nigel and Cam I do like that line up. Frankly I wish that three of them were on the floor at all times. And when Ward and Bridges aren't on the floor, I wish one of them was at all time. I'd definitely like all five to get more minutes. I'd also like Winston and goins to be the two most subbed in to rest the five you have. Tum and Aherbs get the remainder. Wish we had Harris but it is what it is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:34 pm

....or transfers
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:38 pm

DWags wrote:

tell izzo this. izzo = hollis ; tum = softball coach
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:31 pm

NigelUno wrote:

Or does 9 = nothing?  New math?  

Lol, Nigel found another pine needle in the forest  lol! lol!

You remember that one time when he scored 13 points two months ago? Have you figured out that SAT time series yet?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Herbie is wiping standing up right in front of us tonight. Spreading his feces all over the board.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:40 pm

AnomanderRake wrote:

I don't think it really works that way. Being really fast and able to dribble the ball well aren't that strong of a base to becoming an elite D1 point guard. Beyond shooting he doesn't even have "it" being natural point guard skills to control the flow of the game, court vision and actually making other players better. You see it in Cash right away not to mention he can actually shoot. Tum should have been a 2-star. Did he even average double digits in high school?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Or does 9 = nothing?  New math?  

You remember that one time when he scored 13 points two months ago? Have you figured out that SAT time series yet?

9 assists = nothing.

Got it. Thanks Chicken Herb!

OTPT! You ARE in a clique! It's a clique of clucks! The Chicken Little Herbie Cluckers.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

I don't think it really works that way. Being really fast and able to dribble the ball well aren't that strong of a base to becoming an elite D1 point guard. Beyond shooting he doesn't even have "it" being natural point guard skills to control the flow of the game, court vision and actually making other players better. You see it in Cash right away not to mention he can actually shoot. Tum should have been a 2-star. Did he even average double digits in high school?

Being a leader doesn't make other players better?

9 assists and playing defense doesn't make other players and the team better?

I hope you don't have kids that play.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

9 assists = nothing.

OTPT! You ARE in a clique! It's a clique of clucks! The Chicken Little Herbie Cluckers.

Will you be bumping this big outbreak for a while like his big 13 point outburst he had two months ago? Do you want me to post what his points were after that game just as I predicted in advance?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Why are you still posting a stat from two games ago?

How many assists did he have against Minnesota in 29 minutes when MSU go knocked out of the BTT Nigel?

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Herbie, it's about time someone wiped their ass all over your posting career.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

9 assists = nothing.

Will you be bumping this big outbreak for a while like his big 13 point outburst he had two months ago? Do you want me to post what his points were after that game just as I predicted in advance?

I predicted you would wet your pants 145 times this year. Not sure I was close. You win.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:02 pm

Well I see I still have my stalker. I can only imagine the great insight he must be offering if I didn't have him on ignore.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Herbie Green wrote:Well I see I still have my stalker.  I can only imagine the great insight he must be offering if I didn't have him on ignore.

Your insights aren't nearly worth having on ignore. Sorry. Minutes and shortening the bench 502811600

In your head, rent free, little guy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:04 pm

NigelUno wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I predicted you would wet your pants 145 times this year. Not sure I was close. You win.

Nice deflection. I don't think you really do enjoy all the beatdowns I give you do you? Death Roe seems like someone on your mental level if you can find something to argue with him about.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Herbie acting all high and mighty like he destroys posting careers. Minutes and shortening the bench 1966794946

What a dipshit. Minutes and shortening the bench 1966794946
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:09 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Why are you still posting a stat from two games ago?

How many assists did he have against Minnesota in 29 minutes when MSU go knocked out of the BTT Nigel?

Nice deflection Chicken Herb.

I can't converse with a guy who wets his pants and can't have serious conversations.

Later.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next