Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015 Football Bowl Projections

+6
pulling69
Giant Moose
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
HT
10 posters

Go down

2015 Football Bowl Projections Empty 2015 Football Bowl Projections

Post by HT 2015-06-10, 13:44

Some early bowl projections are coming out, and I figured it would be good to start a thread for any projections that come out preseason and throughout the season.

The AP released bowl projections today, and I think the B1G has a pretty good slate this season with some interesting matchups.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/bowl-projections-2015-16-postseason

How they have the B1G in bowls this year:

Pinstripe Bowl - Pittsburgh vs. Michigan

Foster Farms Bowl - Iowa vs. Stanford

Quick Lane Bowl - Illinois vs. Duke

Armed Forces Bowl - Colorado State vs. Rutgers

Holiday Bowl - Arizona vs. Penn State

College Football Playoff semifinal at Orange Bowl - Ohio State vs. Baylor

Outback Bowl - Nebraska vs. Arkansas

Citrus Bowl - Wisconsin vs. LSU

Rose Bowl - Arizona State vs. Michigan State

TaxSlayer Bowl - Minnesota vs. South Carolina

College Football Championship Game in Glendale, Arizona - Ohio State vs. Auburn

It'd be awesome that we'd go back to Pasadena, and I think ASU would be a pretty winnable matchup (unless we're talking coeds). Also love the idea of Narduzzi beating Michigan. Arizona vs. PSU would be fun, and that game between OSU and Baylor would be a track meet. Man am I ready for the season to get here already.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2015 Football Bowl Projections Empty Re: 2015 Football Bowl Projections

Post by Guest 2015-06-10, 14:05

It might be the only year of my life that the Rose Bowl was a disappoint based on pre-season hopes.

I agree that Narduzzi/UM would be fun.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-10, 14:10

If we beat Oregon and lose to Ohio State, are we in the CFP?

* I know this is pretty worthless conversation, as the B10 was considered dead in what, week 2 or 3 last year? Then Ohio State goes on to win the whole fuckin' thing
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-10, 14:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If we beat Oregon and lose to Ohio State, are we in the CFP?

* I know this is pretty worthless conversation, as the B10 was considered dead in what, week 2 or 3 last year? Then Ohio State goes on to win the whole fuckin' thing
We're in the conversation, it really depends of course on what other teams have done.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-06-10, 14:17

Going to the Rose Bowl is our conciliation gift. This is where the program is at.

That being said, there's only one thing to do, win the whole fucking thing.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-10, 14:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If we beat Oregon and lose to Ohio State, are we in the CFP?

I think the general consensus is this. Assumptions needs to be made. MSU goes 11-1, only loss is to OSU, who is on a 2 year undefeated streak. The B1G East is 2nd toughest conference, and on the way to 11-1 MSU beats 1 top 10 team, and a couple of top 25 teams. The other assumption is that Oregon goes on to win the PAC12, or makes it to their championship game. There is a lot of ifs, but its not outside the realm of possibility. MSU OOC is just strong enough to keep them in the conversation. I really hope that the SEC playing Div II opponents in November continues to bite them in the ass.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-06-10, 14:23

I think we make the playoff this year. Chemistry won't be as good for Ohio State because at least one talented QB will be sitting and not because of an injury this time.

Something as small as team chemistry can separate a national champion from a top 5 finish.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-10, 18:36

Depends on how we look in Columbus. Also probably depends on what some other teams do. I think if we lose to Oregon but beat Ohio State, we have a much better chance of making the playoff, though.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2015-06-11, 03:21

InTenSity wrote:

I think the general consensus is this. Assumptions needs to be made. MSU goes 11-1, only loss is to OSU, who is on a 2 year undefeated streak. The B1G East is 2nd toughest conference, and on the way to 11-1 MSU beats 1 top 10 team, and a couple of top 25 teams. The other assumption is that Oregon goes on to win the PAC12, or makes it to their championship game. There is a lot of ifs, but its not outside the realm of possibility. MSU OOC is just strong enough to keep them in the conversation. I really hope that the SEC playing Div II opponents in November continues to bite them in the ass.

How can tOSU be on a two year undefeated streak when they lost to Vtech last season? TIA
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-11, 07:13

pulling69 wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

How can tOSU be on a two year undefeated streak when they lost to Vtech last season? TIA
Good point. How about a 20+ win streak?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-06-11, 07:24

Methinks they're referring to a 2 year undefeated streak in the B1GTen.   Urbz has yet to lose a regular season B1GTen game.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-14, 23:22

LooseGoose wrote:Methinks they're referring to a 2 year undefeated streak in the B1GTen.   Urbz has yet to lose a regular season B1GTen game.

Yeah, technically we weren't a conference game (even though it was for the B1G championship). They have yet to lose in B1G play to anyone.

But there's no technicality for when it comes to MSU snapping their 23-game winning streak!  cheers
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-06-14, 23:50

Excellent chance we make the playoff if we have 1 close loss at the defending National Champs and they are undefeated. Let's be honest, they aren't going to lose to anyone else on that schedule.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 07:49

June Rose Bowl champs!!!

(where can I get a t-shirt??)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-15, 07:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:June Rose Bowl champs!!!

Try Meijer. They might have some leftover from a few years ago.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 08:27

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:June Rose Bowl champs!!!

Try Meijer. They might have some leftover from a few years ago.
thanks, Brah!!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2015-06-15, 09:26

There are only 2 teams that have more wins than MSU over the last 2 years - FSU and OSU.

Even with that I doubt that the B1G, or any conference, is going to send 2 teams to the playoffs.

5 conferences vying for 4 spots - B1G will be in (OSU or MSU), SEC will be in, so the Big12, PAC 16 and ACC will get the remaining 2 spots and the conference outside looking in will still pitch a fit.

Until the playoffs expand, IMO, there will not be a conference with 2 teams in the playoffs. Although it would be awesome, and hilarious, if this year it was OSU, MSU, Bama & 2nd SEC team and f@ck the other conferences.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-15, 09:31

Wally Fairway wrote:There are only 2 teams that have more wins than MSU over the last 2 years - FSU and OSU.

Even with that I doubt that the B1G, or any conference, is going to send 2 teams to the playoffs.

5 conferences vying for 4 spots - B1G will be in (OSU or MSU), SEC will be in, so the Big12, PAC 16 and ACC will get the remaining 2 spots and the conference outside looking in will still pitch a fit.

Until the playoffs expand, IMO, there will not be a conference with 2 teams in the playoffs. Although it would be awesome, and hilarious, if this year it was OSU, MSU, Bama & 2nd SEC team and f@ck the other conferences.
I think the ACC gets left out this year. Unless Clemson or FSU is undefeated or something. Its also possible that if MSU beats Oregon and they lose 1 or 2 more, that the Pac12 struggles to get a team into the playoffs. I'm not sure how good USC is, but I think a 2 loss team, outside the SEC is going to have issues making the Playoffs. I do think that hte B12 gets a team in this year, mainly because their OOC games are sort of weak, so they have a chance at undefeated. I could see 2 from SEC, 1 from B1G and 1 from B12 this year.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-15, 09:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Excellent chance we make the playoff if we have 1 close loss at the defending National Champs and they are undefeated. Let's be honest, they aren't going to lose to anyone else on that schedule.

I don't know about that. It's awfully tough going undefeated in a season.

Bud Foster is a phenomenal DC and could have a good gameplan for taking them out, plus they play at VT at night. PSU almost got the job done a year ago and I'm sure they'll give OSU a tough game. Michigan has been able to make things interesting against OSU as well, and I am sure Harbaugh will have that team ready for OSU.

They're probably more vulnerable early in the season than late in the season. In particular, I'm thinking that because of how they'll replace Devin Smith. He was really great in taking the top off of opposing defenses, and I don't know if they have anyone else on their roster who is that good of a deep threat.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-06-15, 09:45

Wally Fairway wrote:There are only 2 teams that have more wins than MSU over the last 2 years - FSU and OSU.

What makes you think the B12 will be in? I do think TCU will have a great team next year, and Baylor should be good as well, but they still don't have a CCG and it's overall a pretty weak conference.

I currently think TCU gets the job done, but I think the only way the B12 gets a team is if they go undefeated.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-15, 09:57

HT wrote:

What makes you think the B12 will be in? I do think TCU will have a great team next year, and Baylor should be good as well, but they still don't have a CCG and it's overall a pretty weak conference.

I currently think TCU gets the job done, but I think the only way the B12 gets a team is if they go undefeated.
I think the B12 has a CCG this year. NCAA got rid of the 12 team requirement IIRC.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 09:59

July will be the month that bowl projections will become much more apparent.

you heard it here first.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-15, 10:02

Robert J Sakimano wrote: July will be the month that bowl projections will become much more apparent.

you heard it here first.
I'm pretty sure that 2 of the teams in the Playoffs will be from MSU. The 1's will play the scout team to see who wins the championship. The scout team could beat any other team that is lucky enough to get to the Playoffs. I see a Connor Cook led team, pulling out a close one over a Damion Terry led team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 10:28

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: July will be the month that bowl projections will become much more apparent.

you heard it here first.
I'm pretty sure that 2 of the teams in the Playoffs will be from MSU. The 1's will play the scout team to see who wins the championship. The scout team could beat any other team that is lucky enough to get to the Playoffs. I see a Connor Cook led team, pulling out a close one over a Damion Terry led team.
so, basically, I saw the BCS title game when I was at the Green and White scrimmage?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-06-15, 10:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
InTenSity wrote:
so, basically, I saw the BCS title game when I was at the Green and White scrimmage?

I think that's pretty safe to say. Really no reason to watch the season, you can probably free up your Saturday's now for something like golf, or boating, or going up north.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-06-15, 10:43

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so, basically, I saw the BCS title game when I was at the Green and White scrimmage?

I think that's pretty safe to say. Really no reason to watch the season, you can probably free up your Saturday's now for something like golf, or boating, or going up north.
fantastic!

if you need me, I'll be perusing the LL Bean catalog.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-15, 10:44

If I've learned anything, it's that pre season bowl projections are to be trusted as much as the word of Christ.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-06-15, 10:55

The_Dude wrote:If I've learned anything, it's that pre season bowl projections are to be trusted as much as the word of Christ.

Suspect
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-06-15, 11:04

HT wrote:

I'll give you that the Big12 doesn't have a CCG, but they are hardly a weak conference.  Kansas and Iowa State sucks but every other team is quality and Baylor/TCU/OU form a pretty rough top 3.

Then you add Texas, Ok St, West Va, Kansas State...the Big 12 has 7 good teams and then Tx Tech, ISU and Kansas.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down