Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks

+8
Brock Middlebrook
gomersbro
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Turtleneck
Floyd Robertson
Giant Moose
12 posters

Go down

New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks Empty New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-08, 12:01

New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks 1550444538

The New York Stock Exchange suspended trading Wednesday morning.

No one could buy or sell stocks. In a brief announcement, the exchange said it was experiencing a technical issue. The suspension took place at 11:32 a.m.

"We're currently experiencing a technical issue that we're working to resolve as quickly as possible. We will be providing further updates as soon as we can, and are doing our utmost to produce a swift resolution, communicate thoroughly and transparently, and ensure a timely and orderly market re-open," the NYSE said.

The NYSE had stopped trading earlier Wednesday morning due to another technology glitch. The exchange says there is more information to come. U.S. markets were already down Wednesday. The Dow was down 175 points (about 1%) around the time of the halt.

The uncertainty comes as investors were already concerned about a huge sell-off in Chinese stocks and the ongoing crisis in Greece.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/08/investing/nyse-suspends-trading/index.html?iid=hp-toplead-dom

Last edited by Giant Moose on 2015-07-08, 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks Empty Re: New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-07-08, 12:02

Sounds Greecey
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks Empty Re: New York Stock Exchange has halted trading in all stocks

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-08, 12:03

Floyd Robertson wrote:Sounds Greecey
I was thinking about Chinese for lunch.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-07-08, 12:05

Giant Moose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Sounds Greecey
I was thinking about Chinese for lunch.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-government-struggles-in-attempt-to-stem-distress-in-stock-market-1436362924
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-08, 12:16

Homeland Security: 'No signs of malicious activity at this time' in computer problems at NYSE, United Airlines.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-08, 12:32

tried to tell y'all not to vote for some black fella with a funny sounding name and a fake birth certificate..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-08, 12:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:tried to tell y'all not to vote for some black fella with a funny sounding name and a fake birth certificate..
They never listen
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-07-08, 13:13

Good. Maybe my shit won't keep losing money.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2015-07-08, 13:16

Maybe they hired the 24/7 programmers to save money?
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-07-08, 15:01

Along with the Army exercises in TX it's all part of a dry run for the coup.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-07-08, 15:10

gomersbro wrote:Maybe they hired the 24/7 programmers to save money?
and maybe their hiring 24/7 righters two right about it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-07-08, 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
gomersbro wrote:Maybe they hired the 24/7 programmers to save money?
My crystal ball says you are both right.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2015-07-08, 16:14

Giant Moose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
My crystal ball says you are both right.

I won't even tell you what my crystal balls say
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-07-08, 20:00

I feel like a Euro gyro
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-07-08, 21:07

NYSE hacked?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nyse-hacked-anonymous-warned-of-trouble-on-wall-street-hours-before-new-york-stock-exchange-computers-taken-offline-10376104.html
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2015-07-09, 02:14

I wish these hackers would just fucking go varsity on us and take out our power grid so that our politicians would finally wise up and start taking shit seriously. Our citizenry is so fucking retarded, they will never force any change until they wake up one day to find out that taking half hour long hot showers and eating ice cream on the couch in air conditioning at their leisure isn't actually a right...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-07-09, 07:49

steveschneider wrote:NYSE hacked?

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/nyse-hacked-anonymous-warned-of-trouble-on-wall-street-hours-before-new-york-stock-exchange-computers-taken-offline-10376104.html

Fwiw, I don't think they hacked it....just hacked into see the patch was going to work and shared a laugh
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-07-09, 10:04

tTy wrote:I wish these hackers would just fucking go varsity on us and take out our power grid so that our politicians would finally wise up and start taking shit seriously. Our citizenry is so fucking retarded, they will never force any change until they wake up one day to find out that taking half hour long hot showers and eating ice cream on the couch in air conditioning at their leisure isn't actually a right...

Pfffttt. I can rub one out in 5 minutes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down