Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much damage have you done to yourself?

+19
Marc Summers
Giant Moose
steveschneider
Rodeo Burger
Rocinante
Jethro Bodeen
Cym Jim
Nordic
tGreenWay
HT
GirbaudJeans
Blanch32
DWags
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Dendrobates
WhiteBoyHatcher
Masturbates
Gomer
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much damage have you done to yourself? Empty How much damage have you done to yourself?

Post by Gomer Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 22:08

Celebrating Pulling's broken arms and thinking about medical bills, etc. had me reflecting about the amount punishment I have inflicted to my body. Sniffing 40, I'm starting to feel the effects of some of it.

I'm pretty active physically, eat well, and don't partake of deleterious substances. The upside of that is that I'm lean, mean, and have a resting pulse in the low 50's. My family's medical is history is such that there aren't any of the usual bogeymen waiting in the wings to strike me down.

The downside is that the wear and tear is going to come back to haunt me I think. I broke my thumb a few weeks ago playing hockey and I have a feeling that it's going to be something that bothers me the rest of my days.

The short list of damage over the course of 30 years:
Broken tibia (football), finger (basketball), face (softball + 6 stitches), nose (street hockey), rib (hockey), and thumb (also hockey).
Torn ulnar collateral ligament (football) and meniscus (hockey).
Add to that splitting my head open twice playing grabass and once putting the dishes away and that rounds out the self-inflicted harm.

Though I probably should, I'm probably not going to change anything.

What's everyone else doing to not take care of themselves?

Last edited by Gomer on Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 1:43; edited 1 time in total
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How much damage have you done to yourself? Empty Re: How much damage have you done to yourself?

Post by Masturbates Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 22:54

Tendonitis
Masturbates
Masturbates
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How much damage have you done to yourself? Empty Re: How much damage have you done to yourself?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 22:55

Lots. My knee ligaments and tissue I'm pretty sure are like twizzlers at this point and my liver probably looks like Caitlyn Jenner's butthole.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:00

I was born with a broken body. I am cursed with shit wrong with me. I will be in a wheel chair by 45.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:35

Cervical fusion of 3/4/5, double hernia (turned out it was 4 on the left / 2 on the right and they super sized my new mesh) one rotator cuff and a scrape on the other shoulder, broken foot, multiple broken fingers and ankle sprains from basketball and several concussions.

With all that not enough to to start any white pubes.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:22; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:41

I've never had a broken bone. I was active when younger, did stupid shit, jumped on and off moving trains. The myself off a picnic table backwards at 5. I have some stories, but a bad memory now. Not sure why I'm posting here.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 19 Jul 2015 - 23:46

Broke
Left ankle
Right Ankle, needed bone reduction surgery
Right hand spiral fracture, hardest part was wiping my ass left handed
Nose

Sprains
Stitches
One known concussion.

Fuck, I'd do it all over again.  I think the  worst part is that I think my back was fucked up from football and it often goes out. have some pain in my right ankle and I really can't run much anymore.  It's more muscle atrophy I think.    

When you hit your 50's you guys will really start feeling those breaks and punishments.   I guess I'd advise to go through some type of muscle stretching activity daily.   But I'm no work out artist so I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.  Of all things that are fucked up including my back, I with I could run More than a mile without my calves popping or pulling.  That's what sucks the most.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:05

My liver hates me more than trcmb
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:13

Really bad concussion when I was running across ice with sweet moon boots on and fell right on the back of my head. I really think this fall is the reason I have such a bad memory. This happened when I was young.

Broke the same hand 3 times, twice playing hockey and once in a fight when I was in 4th or 5th grade. I surprisingly don't have issues with it in terms of pain or issues with movement.

Broken pelvis playing hockey. I actually just recently discovered it broke years ago when I went in because I was having hip pain. I had no idea until the doctor asked me about the trauma on my left side and I didn't know what he was talking about. I would post a pic of the Xray but mods would delete it because you can almost make out the outline of my sorry excuse for a penis.

Dislocated shoulder playing hockey

Hernia, had surgery after waiting way to long to deal with it.

Broken rib playing hockey.

My mom used to keep the fucking ironing board in the middle of the laundry room so there is no telling how many toes I have broken while ttying to move through in the dark.

Broken heart after hearing that Nsync were breaking up.

GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:15

Also forgot to mention a second concussion playing middle school football. I was trying to remember how long this concussion was after the first but. ...
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:24

Jesus...I forgot the worst of all. I took a puck square in the cup and was pissing blood for a week. My junk was swollen twice the size (which was a nice change) and there was a huge bruise in the shape of a cup around my crotch. I had to show it to my cousin it was so ridiculous.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:41

Broke my left arm and collarbone once falling out of a tree. Broke my same arm again in a cross-country skiing accident.

Got hit in the head with a baseball bat twice in one night, so I'm imagining I had a concussion that night.

Ended up getting alcohol poisoning my 21st birthday, so I'm sure my liver's hated me at various points.

Used to do coke...I don't really know how much that hurts the body, but I don't think it's a good thing for it.

Used to also mix prescription painkillers and alcohol...one night I threw up 11 times because it made me feel so awful. I messed up something that night.

I have arthritic knees from all bushels of apples I lifted using my knees as a kid. When it starts getting cold out, it starts hurting for me to walk because of knee pain until my body gets used to the cold again, and even then I'll still get intermittent episodes where my knees are hurting when I walk and when I'm sitting down. 

I'm only 24, so lots of room to mess it up more.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 0:45

HT wrote:Broke my left arm and collarbone once falling out of a tree. Broke my same arm again in a cross-country skiing accident.

Got hit in the head with a baseball bat twice in one night, so I'm imagining I had a concussion that night.

Ended up getting alcohol poisoning my 21st birthday, so I'm sure my liver's hated me at various points.

Used to do coke...I don't really know how much that hurts the body, but I don't think it's a good thing for it.

Used to also mix prescription painkillers and alcohol...one night I threw up 11 times because it made me feel so awful. I messed up something that night.

I have arthritic knees from all bushels of apples I lifted using my knees as a kid. When it starts getting cold out, it starts hurting for me to walk because of knee pain until my body gets used to the cold again, and even then I'll still get intermittent episodes where my knees are hurting when I walk and when I'm sitting down. 

What do you mean by alcohol poisoning?  I mean we all got so shit faced drunk that we threw up for a day afterward.  Did you have to go to the hospital and the IV shit and stuff like that?  

I also may or maynot have done a ton of drugs in college.  I mean it was the 80's.  We were stupid about a lot of shit back then.  Len Bias didn't happen till 86.  Then we all started saying em, er, maybe we shoudl slow down.  (not that I ever did any drugs, but if I had I would have said that)
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 1:00

DWags wrote:
HT wrote:Broke my left arm and collarbone once falling out of a tree. Broke my same arm again in a cross-country skiing accident.

What do you mean by alcohol poisoning?  I mean we all got so shit faced drunk that we threw up for a day afterward.  Did you have to go to the hospital and the IV shit and stuff like that?  

I also may or maynot have done a ton of drugs in college.  I mean it was the 80's.  We were stupid about a lot of shit back then.  Len Bias didn't happen till 86.  Then we all started saying em, er, maybe we shoudl slow down.  (not that I ever did any drugs, but if I had I would have said that)

I hardly remember the night, but I had the flu so I didn't eat much that day, and another friend of mine had the same birthday as me, so it was a blowout. I guess I was shaking at the bar after a couple hours so my friends (who I've complained about on here) put me in a cab, gave the guy 10 bucks to get me home, and then went back into the bar.

I woke up in Sparrow with an IV, and they breathalyzed me to check my BAC. I think I was at .07. Josh Thornhill was my nurse. Still embarrassed about the whole thing as I typically can drink a ton (6'4", 240 and built like a tank) without getting too messed up.

Felt sick all day. Hardly ate anything, and that night ruined hard liquor for me. I can't take a whiff of liquor now without feeling nauseous, and have trouble even doing shots now without feeling sick.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 1:43

Dendrobates wrote:I was born with a broken body. I am cursed with shit wrong with me. I will be in a wheel chair by 45.

Your pubes are going gray at 29. Next thing to go is your cockholster, which is going to shrivel and dry up like a dead millipede. You'll be in a wheelchair before 40.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 2:00

Fucking pussies... all of you
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 3:29

I once cracked a nail - bloody awful experience. It will come back to haunt me one of these days.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 3:57

Cym Jim wrote:I once cracked a nail - bloody awful experience. It will come back to haunt me one of these days.

Good luck trying to pick your nose with a cracked nail.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 6:35

Dislocated shoulder 15-20 times until I had to stop riding dirt bikes.
Broken hand
Broken ribs
I'm thinking (when I can) multiple concussions but we didn't worry about that shit then.
Ruptured testicle
Back permanently fucked up after a wrestling match with a bull.
2 heart attacks

The upside is that all of that was pre50 years old, since then I've been good.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 13:41

A lot.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 13:46

GirbaudJeans wrote:Jesus...I forgot the worst of all.  I took a puck square in the cup and was pissing blood for a week.  My junk was swollen twice the size (which was a nice change) and there was a huge bruise in the shape of a cup around my crotch.  I had to show it to my cousin it was so ridiculous.

I laughed. Sorry.

HT wrote:
DWags wrote:

I hardly remember the night, but I had the flu so I didn't eat much that day, and another friend of mine had the same birthday as me, so it was a blowout. I guess I was shaking at the bar after a couple hours so my friends (who I've complained about on here) put me in a cab, gave the guy 10 bucks to get me home, and then went back into the bar.

I woke up in Sparrow with an IV, and they breathalyzed me to check my BAC. I think I was at .07. Josh Thornhill was my nurse. Still embarrassed about the whole thing as I typically can drink a ton (6'4", 240 and built like a tank) without getting too messed up.

Felt sick all day. Hardly ate anything, and that night ruined hard liquor for me. I can't take a whiff of liquor now without feeling nauseous, and have trouble even doing shots now without feeling sick.

This started out baller, then went pussy. You had the flu... is the answer. Not alcohol poisoning.

I have broken various fingers at various times and so they are all jacked up. I will be in pain a lot as an old man. Also my back is jacked up from the Navy. I'm 40.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 14:17

Rocinante wrote:
GirbaudJeans wrote:Jesus...I forgot the worst of all.  I took a puck square in the cup and was pissing blood for a week.  My junk was swollen twice the size (which was a nice change) and there was a huge bruise in the shape of a cup around my crotch.  I had to show it to my cousin it was so ridiculous.

I laughed.  Sorry.

HT wrote:

This started out baller, then went pussy.  You had the flu... is the answer.  Not alcohol poisoning.

I have broken various fingers at various times and so they are all jacked up.  I will be in pain a lot as an old man.  Also my back is jacked up from the Navy.  I'm 40.

Probably should have clarified that when I woke up in Sparrow and blew a .07, it was 9 in the morning. I still drank a ton. The Three Wise Men put me over the top.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 14:23

LooseGoose wrote:Dislocated shoulder 15-20 times until I had to stop riding dirt bikes.

I think you'd be fine to ride dirt bikes, just stop crashing them, or falling off of them.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 15:12

Outside of one small cavity, not much damage to report. Big time hypochondriac/germaphobe.

I eat healthy (organic food, white meat, watch my cholesterol), visit the doctor frequently and take good care of myself.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 15:15

No broken bones and no surgeries so doing OK so far. I did have to get stitches a few times as a kid because I was reckless and somewhat accident-prone but I've fixed that as an adult (mostly).
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:11

HT wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I laughed.  Sorry.

This started out baller, then went pussy.  You had the flu... is the answer.  Not alcohol poisoning.

I have broken various fingers at various times and so they are all jacked up.  I will be in pain a lot as an old man.  Also my back is jacked up from the Navy.  I'm 40.

Probably should have clarified that when I woke up in Sparrow and blew a .07, it was 9 in the morning. I still drank a ton. The Three Wise Men put me over the top.

Yeah you probably should have clarified that. Drunkard.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:12

steveschneider wrote:Outside of one small cavity, not much damage to report. Big time hypochondriac/germaphobe.

I eat healthy (organic food, white meat, watch my cholesterol), visit the doctor frequently and take good care of myself.

Sorry but this ensures you die of a massive heart attack at around 55. Sorry man. You seem like a good dude
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:23

LooseGoose wrote:
Ruptured testicle

2 heart attacks

Holy shit... 2 grabbers and a busted ball?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 16:47

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:
Ruptured testicle

2 heart attacks

Holy shit... 2 grabbers and a busted ball?

Yep....the busted ball was a weird thing.   I was 20 and at a birthday party for one of my cousins when one of the 10 year old cousins caught me with a right hook square in the left nut.   It was sore as hell and swelled up a bit but I carried on.   About a month later I was playing softball and had someone slide into 2B and try to kick the ball out of my glove.   They missed the ball but finished the job on my nut. 

Hating Dr's I put off the inevitable until one day my Dad actually asked me if I was stuffing my pants to impress the ladies, the swelling had gotten that bad.   The initial trip to the Dr's office was a fucking nightmare.  He laid me back on one of those little tissue covered tables and after about a 30 second examination informed me he needed to operate.   Since it was now early November I ruled that shit out since it would interfere with deer season.  Knowing I was too bullheaded to change my mind he decided to drain it so I could walk better.

He inserted some type of needle directly into the nut and suctioned out a syringe full of fluid, disconnected the syringe from the needle and drained the fluid into a jar.   Did that god knows how many times but it was a pretty fucking exquisite sort of pain each time he connected and disconnected that needle.  When I stood up to leave the entire tissue covering came with me it was sweated through and stuck to my back.

By the 3rd-4th day of gun deer season (around the 19th-20th) I couldn't walk very well again so went in to see the Dr. to schedule surgery.   I didn't want to be in the hospital for thanksgiving I scheduled for the morning after 11/27/81.   I did this with his assurance I'd only be in the hospital for 2-3 days since I had Stones tickets for the Silverdome on 11/30/81.

They operated, I woke up to a former HS classmate washing my balls which was bad enough but worse was that because of how long this had been let go I'd had some gangrene and other infection set in.  He didn't know when he'd let me out.   Turned out he didn't want to let me go on the 30th but I'd had about 10 friends fill the back of their band truck with lazy boys and a keg so I could ride comfortably to the concert.  I checked myself out and went to the show, helluva a good time.

The old nut never has been right since, always a little bigger and more tender but unfortunately for the world it didn't sterilize me.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 22:32

I threw my kneecap out of place while skiing a few years ago, and I sometimes notice it at times when my leg muscles aren't strong. Otherwise, I'm in good shape.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 22:46

Nordic wrote:Fucking pussies... all of you
I was thinking the same thing
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 20 Jul 2015 - 23:10

Snake Plissken wrote:

Wait until you hit 40-50 and all the stuff they said was character building and allegedly healthy returns calling in the chits. You start knowing how to spell orthopedic surgeon and know what the hell they do.

Best way to avoid this shit is to die early.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 1:04

Snake Plissken wrote:
How's that?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 1:27

Fucked up my neck, back, broke nose (nothing), and got a concussion (potentially something) in one basketball injury

Had a few hairline fractures in a couple fingers but nothing compared to that hoop injury
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 1:42

CORNER BLITZ wrote:Fucked up my neck, back, broke nose (nothing), and got a concussion (potentially something) in one basketball injury

Had a few hairline fractures in a couple fingers but nothing compared to that hoop injury
I forgot that I had a broken nose as a result of playing street hockey. Not like a 90 degree bend in it or anything, but definitely a crack up near the bridge. Probably didn't remember as a result of the handful of concussions I didn't include.
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 17:35

Gomer wrote:
Snake Plissken wrote:I was thinking the same thing
How's that?

I was mainly just being a dick. 43, sports, lifting, etc... so I've had my share of knocks. But noting compared to LooseGoose. He wins this thread.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 17:40

I took Enbrel when I was 23 or 24. I have no idea how much longer my knee is going to hold out.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 17:55

Wrenched my right elbow pretty bad back in high school after slipping from a basketball rim. (I used to be able to dunk) Still have some loose cartilage in there to this day.

I pulled my right calf muscle bad enough that it tore the muscle and now I have I guess what you would call a dent where it tore.

Got a pretty solid case of tinnitus in my right ear. Gotta sleep with some sort of white noise otherwise it'll bug me all night.

My eyesight is getting pretty shitty. Right eye is at 4.75 right now. Left at 3.75.

Getting old sucks guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 18:02

Gomer wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:Fucked up my neck, back, broke nose (nothing), and got a concussion (potentially something) in one basketball injury

I forgot that I had a broken nose as a result of playing street hockey. Not like a 90 degree bend in it or anything, but definitely a crack up near the bridge. Probably didn't remember as a result of the handful of concussions I didn't include.

My nose was in the shape of a 'C' and went to the middle of my eye. Couldn't feel it though because of the neck/back
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue 21 Jul 2015 - 19:04

I pushed a little too hard while pooping once. And my leg fell asleep at the same time. Ugh.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next