Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+44
AMwood
Nordic
xsanguine
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
CheesySpartan
Code_Warrior
Frank Ricard
Townie
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
Gomer
I.B. Fine
SpartanJD01
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Izzo Court
Toe
Rodeo Burger
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
The Pantry
Turtleneck
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
Brock Middlebrook
NigelUno
tTito
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Vlad
tGreenWay
48 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:40

Rodeo Burger wrote:Ben Carson continues to impress.

And Trump is electable. Obama proved that celebrities are electable.
I don't think you can alienate women, Latinos and African-Americans in modern day America and win national elections. Gerrymandered districts in backwards rural areas, sure - but not national elections.

of course, I underestimate the stupidity of America at my own peril. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:43

AnomanderRake wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:

Both sides are the same. The worst part is that each sides supporters doesn't see/care about that and just talk about how dumb/stupid the other side is for their shitty nutjob candidates

This is copied from a thread of some friends bashing on the gop debate last night
"What debate..... Just a bunch of ass hats creating lies that they cannot back up trump is a clown..... Stone cold Steve Austin for president!!!!!!!"

Both sides are the same when it comes to catering to corporate/campaign funding overlords, however the democratic and republican parties are very divided on social, economic and foreign policy.

The most important impact of the 2016 election will be the next president gets to appoint a new supreme court justice for life. A conservative supreme court justice, if appointed, will give the USA no chance of overturning citizens united this century and ultimately doom our hopes of improving our political landscape by removing the inherent corruption of the current system.
while I agree with this sentiment and theory, it's hard to know how a member of SCOTUS will evaluate or determine precedent on the bench after it's a lifetime appointment - just ask John Roberts and the people who have a problem with Americans having access to affordable healthcare.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Both sides are the same when it comes to catering to corporate/campaign funding overlords, however the democratic and republican parties are very divided on social, economic and foreign policy.

The most important impact of the 2016 election will be the next president gets to appoint a new supreme court justice for life. A conservative supreme court justice, if appointed, will give the USA no chance of overturning citizens united this century and ultimately doom our hopes of improving our political landscape by removing the inherent corruption of the current system.
while I agree with this sentiment and theory, it's hard to know how a member of SCOTUS will evaluate or determine precedent on the bench after it's a lifetime appointment - just ask John Roberts and the people who have a problem with Americans having access to affordable healthcare.

You're right, a conservative justice could certainly rule in favor of overturning the original citizens united decision, I'm just not willing to take that risk, in addition to the fact that all of the republican candidates are a joke. I like our odds better with a democrat appointed justice and will be voting for Bernie anyway.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:55

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You're right, a conservative justice could certainly rule in favor of overturning the original citizens united decision, I'm just not willing to take that risk, in addition to the fact that all of the republican candidates are a joke. I like our odds better with a democrat appointed justice and will be voting for Bernie anyway.
Bernie Sanders is a great American and I agree with most everything he has to say. I'm not sure that America is quite ready for someone who approaches issues with such a degree of logic and intellect, though.

Not only that, but the corporations that are currently allowed to finance the campaigns of the two major parties will never get behind a Sanders campaign - which is what you were referring to earlier as a major problem with our electoral process. I think most Americans would agree - however, as long as we have a two party system that is contaminated with the almighty dollar, I don't think we can expect them to vote against their best interests when it comes down to campaign finance reform.

It's like police officers policing themselves. The result usually isn't good.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:55

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

The winner of last nights debate (Fiorina) ran Hewlett Packard into the f'n ground. The day she got fired the stock price immediately jumped up $10.00. Imagine what she would do if she got her hands on this country?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 10:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Bernie Sanders is a great American and I agree with most everything he has to say. I'm not sure that America is quite ready for someone who approaches issues with such a degree of logic and intellect, though.

Not only that, but the corporations that are currently allowed to finance the campaigns of the two major parties will never get behind a Sanders campaign - which is what you were referring to earlier as a major problem with our electoral process. I think most Americans would agree - however, as long as we have a two party system that is contaminated with the almighty dollar, I don't think we can expect them to vote against their best interests when it comes down to campaign finance reform.

The two candidates making the biggest splash on both sides (Sanders and Trump) aren't connected to special interest dollars.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:00

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Bernie Sanders is a great American and I agree with most everything he has to say. I'm not sure that America is quite ready for someone who approaches issues with such a degree of logic and intellect, though.

The two candidates making the biggest splash on both sides (Sanders and Trump) aren't connected to special interest dollars.

if by "splash" you mean media attention, I agree - however, I'm willing to wait until the Bush/Clinton money machine kicks in. Neither Sanders or Trump are polling well nationally right now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:03

Too funny:

As @CarlyFiorina attacked Iran tonight she failed to mention that while she was CEO she sold them computer parts, which was against the law.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:11

steveschneider wrote:Too funny:

As @CarlyFiorina attacked Iran tonight she failed to mention that while she was CEO she sold them computer parts, which was against the law.

There wasn't very much that was against the law between 2000 & 2008.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:12

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Sanders makes some of the Repub candidates look sane. His political views are simply wayyy too extreme.

He'd get owned.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:18

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You're right, a **insert opposite political ideology** justice could certainly rule in favor of overturning the **insert decision I don't like and think will cause the downfall of America**, I'm just not willing to take that risk, in addition to the fact that all of the **insert opposite political ideology** candidates are a joke. I like our odds better with a **insert your CORRECT political ideology** appointed justice and will be voting for **insert your correct political ideology** anyway.

Rinse and repeat with your own fill in the blanks.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Sanders would be an economic disaster for America.

I can see why you support him, though. You both love massive government. The problem is, a massive tax hike on the middle class and national consumption taxes are the only way to cover the costs of the massive expansion of government Sanders wants. You want to spend like Europe...you have to tax like Europe...and that would simply alienate too many people on the campaign trail. People would be horrified what a Sanders led America would look like.

The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 11:22

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Too funny:

There wasn't very much that was against the law between 2000 & 2008.

Yeah, well if you heard what she was saying about Iran last night doesn't sound like she has much room to be critical.

This lady would be a complete disaster in the white house. Very talented debater, great at presenting ideas but terrible at decision making. WTF was she thinking buying Compaq while head of HP?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 12:41

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Bernie Sanders is a great American and I agree with most everything he has to say. I'm not sure that America is quite ready for someone who approaches issues with such a degree of logic and intellect, though.

I can see why you support him, though.  You both love massive government.  The problem is, a massive tax hike on the middle class and  national consumption taxes are the only way to cover the costs of the massive expansion of government Sanders wants.  You want to spend like Europe...you have to tax like Europe...and that would simply alienate too many people on the campaign trail.  People would be horrified what a Sanders led America would look like.

on top of all of this horrifying stuff, he probably even likes brown people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 12:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

I can see why you support him, though.  You both love massive government.  The problem is, a massive tax hike on the middle class and  national consumption taxes are the only way to cover the costs of the massive expansion of government Sanders wants.  You want to spend like Europe...you have to tax like Europe...and that would simply alienate too many people on the campaign trail.  People would be horrified what a Sanders led America would look like.

It's like looking in a mirror when you and tDude post
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 12:47

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

It's like looking in a mirror when you and tDude post
you look like a post on a message board?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:12

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

You're right, a **insert opposite political ideology** justice could certainly rule in favor of overturning the **insert decision I don't like and think will cause the downfall of America**, I'm just not willing to take that risk, in addition to the fact that all of the **insert opposite political ideology** candidates are a joke. I like our odds better with a **insert your CORRECT political ideology** appointed justice and will be voting for **insert your correct political ideology** anyway.

Rinse and repeat with your own fill in the blanks.

The citizens united decision is objectively wrong. It legalized blatant corruption of our political environment. That decision was already made and the negative impact on politics has been observable in the last few election cycles.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:20

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Sanders makes some of the Repub candidates look sane. His political views are simply wayyy too extreme.

He'd get owned.

Can you tell me one political view that Sanders holds that is "way too extreme" and why you think that's the case?

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:27

The_Dude wrote: You both love massive government.

So do you, but nice try trying to deflect.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:27

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He'd get owned.

Can you tell me one political view that Sanders holds that is "way too extreme" and why you think that's the case?

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 1966794946
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:34

somehow I get the feeling that last night might be the beginning of the end of Trump.. he's not going anywhere any time soon - not as long as his ego keeps writing checks to his campaign. But I get the sense that his popularity has peaked.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:38

Turtleneck wrote:

scratch
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:45

Turtleneck wrote:

republicans didn't have a problem with a "Massive Government" (see the bu$h Reign of Terror) until a black Muslim socialist with a funny name went got all uppity and was elected president. Suddenly they became very concerned with government spending.

and, for the life of me, I just can't imagine why.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:47

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He'd get owned.

Do you live under a rock, or??

His entire plan and role for the government is extreme and he'd get laughed off the campaign trail when the average American realizes just how left he is.

However, the dude hasn't given any specific policy outlines or how exactly he'd raise the trillions of dollars...hint, the middle class would get taxed more and he'd have to institute Euro style VAT and consumption taxes.

Once the average American gets wind of that, he'd get slaughtered at the polls.

I know liberals dont care about quality of life as long as their radical policies are forced onto everyone, but most Americans don't want their own standard of living to decreased just so guilt-ridden, self and country loathing liberals can sleep better at night.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:51

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

His entire plan and role for the government is extreme and he'd get laughed off the campaign trail when the average American realizes just how left he is.

However, the dude hasn't given any specific policy outlines or how exactly he'd raise the trillions of dollars...hint, the middle class would get taxed more and he'd have to institute Euro style VAT and consumption taxes.

I know liberals dont care about quality of life as long as their radical policies are forced onto everyone, but most Americans don't want their own standard of living to decreased just so guilt-ridden, self and country loathing liberals can sleep better at night.
he sounds like a very scary man..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

republicans didn't have a problem with a "Massive Government" (see the bu$h Reign of Terror) until a black Muslim socialist with a funny name went got all uppity and was elected president. Suddenly they became very concerned with government spending.

and, for the life of me, I just can't imagine why..  OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600

I mean...remember when liberals wanted Bush hung for using drones...and Obama has used more drones to kill people than anyone ever?

If your entire schtick is going to revolve around people partisan...supporting something when their guy does it and wanting the 'other' guy arrested for doing the same thing, I really don't think you're going to get much traction, if you get my drift.

Also, for the record...and Im a broken record now repeating this point...the establishment Republicans are not conservatives.  Bush spent...a lot.  Hence why I didn't support him and why I dont identify as a Republican.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:58

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

and, for the life of me, I just can't imagine why..  OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600

I mean...remember when liberals wanted Bush hung for using drones...and Obama has used more drones to kill people than anyone ever?

If your entire schtick is going to revolve around people partisan...supporting something when their guy does it and wanting the 'other' guy arrested for doing the same thing, I really don't think you're going to get much traction, if you get my drift.

Also, for the record...and Im a broken record now repeating this point...the establishment Republicans are not conservatives.  Bush spent...a lot.  Hence why I didn't support him and why I dont identify as a Republican.
so you vote for the Democrat on the ticket?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 13:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

he sounds like a very scary man..

To most Americans, yes. His policies are quite scary and in line with the low achieving Euro countries where people have to depend on government instead of a sense of independence to live their life. We get it...you and your ilk hate people that aspire to be great and achieve great things. They shouldn't be able to do that because of, ya know, poor people that dont do great things deserve just as much.

I know, I know...people not having to be dependent on the government for daily routines scare the fuck out of people like you. Keep looking towards government to solve your needs and enforce your warped view of social justice. Ill continue to preach lifestyles that are not dependent on a fat fuck politician controlling my life. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 55953254
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:02

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he sounds like a very scary man..

To most Americans, yes. His policies are quite scary and in line with the low achieving Euro countries where people have to depend on government instead of a sense of independence to live their life. We get it...you and your ilk hate people that aspire to be great and achieve great things. They shouldn't be able to do that because of, ya know, poor people that dont do great things deserve just as much.

I know, I know...people not having to be dependent on the government for daily routines scare the fuck out of people like you. Keep looking towards government to solve your needs and enforce your warped view of social justice. Ill continue to preach lifestyles that are not dependent on a fat fuck politician controlling my life. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 55953254
meh - I believe in taking care of myself. Republicans can continue to complain about how the government ruined their lives if it makes them happy.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:06

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

You're exceptionally skilled at saying absolutely nothing with a lot of words. You never answered my question, just slipped right into another anti-liberal rant.

If you had any understanding of politics at all then you would know that even if elected, Bernie couldn't waltz into office and implement a European social democratic government overnight. Why are you so anti social programs? Show me where the bad socialist touched you.

The fact is we are already raking in enough tax dollars to make significant progress in the USA but we're misspending it on our military industrial complex and horribly inefficient/corrupt healthcare system.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:10

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

You're exceptionally skilled at saying absolutely nothing with a lot of words. You never answered my question, just slipped right into another anti-liberal rant.

If you had any understanding of politics at all then you would know that even if elected, Bernie couldn't waltz into office and implement a European social democratic government overnight. Why are you so anti social programs? Show me where the bad socialist touched you.

The fact is we are already raking in enough tax dollars to make significant progress in the USA but we're misspending it on our military industrial complex and horribly inefficient/corrupt healthcare system.
you can't really have a legitimate conversation with him - you should know that by now.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:10

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he sounds like a very scary man..

Many of those "low achieving Euro countries" have higher quality of living standards than citizens of the USA, almost all of them rank better in education and healthcare also. Hell even the average Canadian is better off than Americans now and they're a social democratic hybrid government as well.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:14

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Many of those "low achieving Euro countries" have higher quality of living standards than citizens of the USA, almost all of them rank better in education and healthcare also. Hell even the average Canadian is better off than Americans now and they're a social democratic hybrid government as well.
yeah, but.. uh.. Jesus. And freedom.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:27

Jake Tapper@jaketapper 2h2 hours ago
The Republican prime time debate had 22.9 million viewers, making it the most watched program in CNN history.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 14:28

LooseGoose wrote: Jake Tapper@jaketapper 2h2 hours ago
The Republican prime time debate had 22.9 million viewers, making it the most watched program in CNN history.

Wish the pathetic Dem nominees would have a debate like that..

But their field is so pathetic.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 15:03

I watched a bit of it.. it was less of a debate and more of a public spectacle. Which is pretty par for the course for the mainstream media.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 15:03

The_Dude wrote:
LooseGoose wrote: Jake Tapper@jaketapper  2h2 hours ago  

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 15:05

The_Dude wrote:

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 3 502811600

So, if they had someone like Trump running...they could get good ratings? And their field wouldn't be pathetic?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 15:06

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

So, if they had someone like Trump running...they could get good ratings? And their field wouldn't be pathetic?
if they had someone who wanted to kick out 11 million brown people, take away healthcare from millions of Americans and let some redneck arbiter of the Sanctity of Marriage with 3 ex-husbands decide which laws she does and doesn't obey, it would be a much better field.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 17 Sep 2015 - 15:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:somehow I get the feeling that last night might be the beginning of the end of Trump.. he's not going anywhere any time soon - not as long as his ego keeps writing checks to his campaign. But I get the sense that his popularity has peaked.

I think he's gaining steam and I think he'll be even more effective when they narrow down the field quite a bit and there's more trump in the debate. In the mud slinging department no one up there can match him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next