Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

+44
AMwood
Nordic
xsanguine
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
CheesySpartan
Code_Warrior
Frank Ricard
Townie
Ass Dan
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Travis of the Cosmos
Gomer
I.B. Fine
SpartanJD01
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Izzo Court
Toe
Rodeo Burger
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
AnomanderRake
GRR Spartan
Tim Wakefield
Cym Jim
The Pantry
Turtleneck
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Blanch32
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
Brock Middlebrook
NigelUno
tTito
DWags
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Vlad
tGreenWay
48 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-10, 15:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

One thing is for sure--if its good for ratings, the mainstream media will cover it 24/7.

Trump=ratings=$$
yep - that's what makes it so great - the mainstream media is willingly complicit as his marketing wing and he'll stay in the race for a long, long time.

The one thing Trump understands is how to be an attention whore.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 Empty Re: OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!!

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-10, 15:56

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I thought so too - but it's great entertainment and makes a mockery out of the system that is a mockery of itself.

Very true.

In other news, I am not claiming that I served in the military because I have won many Internet battles.
I was in the KISS Army in the 70's - does that count?

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 Kiss_Army_form

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-10, 15:57

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - that's what makes it so great - the mainstream media is willingly complicit as his marketing wing and he'll stay in the race for a long, long time.

oh yeah - I don't think anyone is doubting that. It makes his idiocy so much fun to watch.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-10, 15:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Very true.

In other news, I am not claiming that I served in the military because I have won many Internet battles.
I was in the KISS Army in the 70's - does that count?

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 Kiss_Army_form

I believe Donald Trump would say yes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-10, 15:59

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yep - that's what makes it so great - the mainstream media is willingly complicit as his marketing wing and he'll stay in the race for a long, long time.

He would excel as a message board poster.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-10, 18:11

Fuck all you wacko-liberal Billiary fans. He's the most entertaining prez candidate since Ross Perot
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-10, 18:21

The Pantry wrote:Fuck all you wacko-liberal Billiary fans. He's the most entertaining prez candidate since Ross Perot

Don't lump me in with Bleeding Heart Bob. Trump the candidate being entertaining is one thing, Trump the madman in the oval office is scary.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-10, 18:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Bobby Jindal Tilts at Trump

Proceeded to label Trump with many adjectives.

“Narcissist,” “egomaniac,” “absurd,” “a carnival act,” “insecure,” “weak,” “dangerous,” “unstable,” “unserious,” “shallow,” “hothead,” “small,” “substance-free,” “power-hungry shark,” “egomaniacal madman”

President Trump@Writeintrump  11m11 minutes ago  
It's #WorldSuicidePreventionDay so let's take all sharp objects away from Bobby Jindal before we show him his latest poll numbers.

This is great OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600

I read about that - and, though I'm not a fan of Jindal, he's 100% correct. As I've mentioned, though, Trump is a huge problem for the GOP. He's not going to go away and his money isn't going to dry up.

Just yesterday he was criticizing Carly Fiorina's looks.. something like "look at her face. Who could vote for that"?

The minor candidates like Huckabee - with his pandering to the knuckle-dragging constituency in Kentucky, Jindal with his 100% accurate public criticism today, etc - they need traction and media attention. That's their motivation for doing what they do. The actual candidates - Bush, Rubio, maybe even Scott Walker, et al., are letting the circus ride itself out without rocking the boat too much. They know, I suspect, that sooner or later Trump will fade away and the adults at the table will be able to have a conversation with the voters.

Spoken like the media.

I like trump simply bc the media hates him and he dictates the discussion. Not them
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-10, 19:49

Blanch32 wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600

I read about that - and, though I'm not a fan of Jindal, he's 100% correct. As I've mentioned, though, Trump is a huge problem for the GOP. He's not going to go away and his money isn't going to dry up.

Just yesterday he was criticizing Carly Fiorina's looks.. something like "look at her face. Who could vote for that"?

The minor candidates like Huckabee - with his pandering to the knuckle-dragging constituency in Kentucky, Jindal with his 100% accurate public criticism today, etc - they need traction and media attention. That's their motivation for doing what they do. The actual candidates - Bush, Rubio, maybe even Scott Walker, et al., are letting the circus ride itself out without rocking the boat too much. They know, I suspect, that sooner or later Trump will fade away and the adults at the table will be able to have a conversation with the voters.

Spoken like the media.

I like trump simply bc the media hates him and he dictates the discussion. Not them

Fox News hates him. Cuomo on CNN wants to make out with him.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-09-10, 20:02

Turtleneck wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Spoken like the media.

Cnn hates him too bc he's not misterorny
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-09-10, 20:25

Blanch32 wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Cnn hates him too bc he's not misterorny

You know, Trump does not like people like you...people that cannot speak English.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-16, 20:27

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPEI_-DUkAEH8uk.mp4

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-09-16, 20:35

I can see President Trump giving Putin this look at the G7

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 CPEKwbrWgAAYD0p
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-16, 20:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Fuck all you wacko-liberal Billiary fans. He's the most entertaining prez candidate since Ross Perot

Don't lump me in with Bleeding Heart Bob. Trump the candidate being entertaining is one thing, Trump the madman in the oval office is scary.

He is highly entertaining. He's not electable though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-16, 20:46

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You underestimate the power a celebrity type figure like Trump can have over the masses.

Dems are coming off a terrible 8 year presidency and have a historically weak field.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-16, 20:47

I'd vote for Cuban if he runs

Mark Cuban
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-16, 20:54

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

You underestimate the power a celebrity type figure like Trump can have over the masses.

Dems are coming off a terrible 8 year presidency and have a historically weak field.

A likable celebrity could get elected.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-16, 20:55

Huckabee lol
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-16, 20:56

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Clooney should run for the Dem nominee.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-16, 20:57

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

He would win.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-09-16, 21:18

At least he's kept things entertaining.

Unelectable though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-16, 21:23

Tom Brady endorsed Trump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-09-16, 21:30

steveschneider wrote:Tom Brady endorsed Trump.
...and let the air out of another ball
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-09-16, 21:43

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He would win.

After James Buchanan, is America ready for another gay president?

Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-09-16, 21:49

Walker and Rubio are sweating like pigs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2015-09-16, 22:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CPEI_-DUkAEH8uk.mp4

OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 1966794946

Rick's twitter account:
https://twitter.com/Ricks_EL/status/644328752017616897
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-16, 22:32

The_Dude wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Oh look the pseudo Spartan troll has GOP tattooed on his ass too.

Don't know what rock you have been under. While things haven't been rosey they are a helluva a lot better than they were in '07-'08. I sell to the commercial construction industry, was in Montreal at a sales conference the day Lehman closed their doors and I havbe never seen a business retraction like that. Post 9-11 was the good old days compared to The Great Recession.

Trump has an appeal because the Tea Party has shown itself to be ineffective in doing anything except keeping Congress doing important things like multiple attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act and Roe v Wade.

Trump is a true outsider. Jeb Bush to date isn't the effective campaigner his brother was and Ben Carson will meet the same fate as other black Republican Presidential candidates. When it comes to voting for him, the majority of Republicans voting in primaries won't bring themselves to vote for him.

But don't underestimate what the Bush political machine will do to help Jeb capture the nomination. GHW Bush infrerred Bob Dole would raise taxes after losing in Iowa. That bit of mis-information won him the nomination. GW Bush was flagging against John McCain when the minority love child daughter photos started making the rounds about 72 hours before the South Caroilina primary.

Trump is going to get hit with the Bush buzzsaw just like Bob Dole and John McCain. GHW Bush was Director of the CIA and ran Zapata Oil that was a front company for CIA activities. Prior to GHW Bush running for President, Zapata Oil office had a major fire destroying records. They are experienced political insiders with a lot of connections and there are a lot of chits to be collected for past favors. An example is Bill Casey getting appointed CIA director after playing a major role in GW Bush's election.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-17, 08:06

I watched about half an hour of the debate - I spent the entire time trying to figure out which one of the them was least offensive.. just when I thought I had that figured out, another one would open their mouth.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-09-17, 09:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I watched about half an hour of the debate - I spent the entire time trying to figure out which one of the them was least offensive.. just when I thought I had that figured out, another one would open their mouth.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600

I saw the highlights and it's honestly like a comedy skit, except these people are really that stupid and crazy. How is it that Republicans can't field a single candidate that isn't a batshit crazy religious zealot? I swear a moderate conservative would do pretty well in the polls. A candidate that's left leaning on social issues but fiscally conservative and doesn't cater to corporations would be a sight to behold.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-17, 09:25

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I watched about half an hour of the debate - I spent the entire time trying to figure out which one of the them was least offensive.. just when I thought I had that figured out, another one would open their mouth.. OT: Don't know if Trump's run is coming to an end, but it's been great so far!! - Page 2 502811600

I saw the highlights and it's honestly like a comedy skit, except these people are really that stupid and crazy. How is it that Republicans can't field a single candidate that isn't a batshit crazy religious zealot? I swear a moderate conservative would do pretty well in the polls. A candidate that's left leaning on social issues but fiscally conservative and doesn't cater to corporations would be a sight to behold.
I agree..

but the problem is, they all have to be beholden to the Koch Brothers, religious kooks and the right wing hate radio ilk. A social moderate/fiscal conservative would likely win the general election in a landslide but will never be able to secure the nomination.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-17, 09:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

I agree..

but the problem is, they all have to be beholden to the Koch Brothers, religious kooks and the right wing hate radio ilk. A social moderate/fiscal conservative would likely win the general election in a landslide but will never be able to secure the nomination.

It's like they're in a race to win the states of Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana then declare moral victory.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-09-17, 09:49

AnomanderRake wrote:

Yeah man...why doesn't the GOP run candidates that nutjob liberals approve...I wonder...
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-17, 09:50

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I agree..

It's like they're in a race to win the states of Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana then declare moral victory.
yep.

I've been saying all along that the American demographic is changing much quicker than the modern Republican party is comfortable with. Some (very few and certainly none of it's "leaders") recognize this and understand that affordable healthcare for all is a good thing, that equal marriage rights for all is a good thing, that black lives do matter, that we can't deport 11 million people because you find the sight of them offensive, etc.

This is the world we live in. It's the world that a plurality of Americans support - yet the old white leaders of the Republican party feel their stranglehold on power and influence slipping away. Instead of evolving on issues, they dig in, thereby disallowing them from any conversation about legitimate political candidates with relevant ideas.

Of course, the Democrats have a lot of problems of their own - in fact, the only reason a very under-qualified candidate like Barack Obama was elected in 2008 and re-elected in 2012 was more of a comment on the lackluster ideas of the Republicans than the strength of his candidacy.

And, keep in mind, that if the mainstream media has anything to say about it, they're going to do all they can to make sure that a Republican is elected. I've never seen a more spineless gaggle of self-important entertainment reporters masquerading as "news" correspondents in my life.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2015-09-17, 09:56

[
Why should anyone who isn't a registered Republican care about who the GOP candidate might be in '16?  The GOP's new smoked filled room is populated by a few uber wealthy Top 1% of the Top 1% who are going to choose after the cable network news decided to fill dead air with political kabuke theater.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2015-09-17, 09:57; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-09-17, 09:56

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Yeah man...why doesn't the GOP run candidates that nutjob liberals approve...I wonder...
cool - by all means, run Romney/Ryan and McCain/Palin again and wonder why the country laughs at you while electing very weak Democrat candidates.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-09-17, 10:03

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

cool - by all means, run Romney/Ryan and McCain/Palin again and wonder why the country laughs at you while electing very weak Democrat candidates.

It's awesome. Trump can't win, but he gets all the press. He's gotta be loving it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-09-17, 10:04

AnomanderRake wrote:

Both sides are the same. The worst part is that each sides supporters doesn't see/care about that and just talk about how dumb/stupid the other side is for their shitty nutjob candidates

This is copied from a thread of some friends bashing on the gop debate last night
"What debate..... Just a bunch of ass hats creating lies that they cannot back up trump is a clown..... Stone cold Steve Austin for president!!!!!!!"
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-09-17, 10:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

yep.

I've been saying all along that the American demographic is changing much quicker than the modern Republican party is comfortable with. Some (very few and certainly none of it's "leaders") recognize this and understand that affordable healthcare for all is a good thing, that equal marriage rights for all is a good thing, that black lives do matter, that we can't deport 11 million people because you find the sight of them offensive, etc.

This is the world we live in. It's the world that a plurality of Americans support - yet the old white leaders of the Republican party feel their stranglehold on power and influence slipping away. Instead of evolving on issues, they dig in, thereby disallowing them from any conversation about legitimate political candidates with relevant ideas.

Of course, the Democrats have a lot of problems of their own - in fact, the only reason a very under-qualified candidate like Barack Obama was elected in 2008 and re-elected in 2012 was more of a comment on the lackluster ideas of the Republicans than the strength of his candidacy.

And, keep in mind, that if the mainstream media has anything to say about it, they're going to do all they can to make sure that a Republican is elected. I've never seen a more spineless gaggle of self-important entertainment reporters masquerading as "news" correspondents in my life.

Bush got Obama elected

They never gave a damn about immigration until they lost the Hispanic vote
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-09-17, 10:25

Ben Carson continues to impress.

And Trump is electable. Obama proved that celebrities are electable.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2015-09-17, 10:39

CORNER BLITZ wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Both sides are the same. The worst part is that each sides supporters doesn't see/care about that and just talk about how dumb/stupid the other side is for their shitty nutjob candidates

This is copied from a thread of some friends bashing on the gop debate last night
"What debate..... Just a bunch of ass hats creating lies that they cannot back up trump is a clown..... Stone cold Steve Austin for president!!!!!!!"

Both sides are the same when it comes to catering to corporate/campaign funding overlords, however the democratic and republican parties are very divided on social, economic and foreign policy.

The most important impact of the 2016 election will be the next president gets to appoint a new supreme court justice for life. A conservative supreme court justice, if appointed, will give the USA no chance of overturning citizens united this century and ultimately doom our hopes of improving our political landscape by removing the inherent corruption of the current system.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next