Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fear the Walking Dead

+3
Rocinante
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
7 posters

Go down

Fear the Walking Dead Empty Fear the Walking Dead

Post by kingstonlake Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 21:41

I'm a doubter it can work.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Fear the Walking Dead Empty Re: Fear the Walking Dead

Post by tGreenWay Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 22:20

Getting a little better. That first hour was a snoozer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 22:56

Yeah, 7/10. I'll probably watch next week.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 23:05

kingstonlake wrote:Yeah, 7/10. I'll probably watch next week.

I'd probably give it a 6/10. I'll watch next week only because it picked up in the last half hour.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 23:24

I'm over the theme of this show. There's no dread because it's been played out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 23:30

Rocinante wrote:I'm over the theme of this show. There's no dread because it's been played out.

Fear the Walking Dread?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 11:31

Except for a handful of random episodes, I never watched/got into the Walking Dead series.  Seemed like a soap opera with zombies.

I did dial into the new series last night. Looks like most of the original series watchers thought it was too slow, but I dug it. I could nitpick some shit, but the story line is more intriguing than the original IMO.

I assume none of the characters from last night were/are in the original series?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 12:21

Nordic wrote:Except for a handful of random episodes, I never watched/got into the Walking Dead series.  Seemed like a soap opera with zombies.

I did dial into the new series last night. Looks like most of the original series watchers thought it was too slow, but I dug it. I could nitpick some shit, but the story line is more intriguing than the original IMO.

I assume none of the characters from last night were/are in the original series?

Well, being as how this series is based in L.A. (palm trees) and TWD is based in Atlanta, I'm gonna go with no? Fear the Walking Dead 2943907172
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 18:21

kingstonlake wrote:
Nordic wrote:Except for a handful of random episodes, I never watched/got into the Walking Dead series.  Seemed like a soap opera with zombies.

Well, being as how this series is based in L.A. (palm trees) and TWD is based in Atlanta, I'm gonna go with no? Fear the Walking Dead 2943907172

Fear the Walking Dead 2809484752
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 19:04

They could've dispensed with the back story of the family and easily cut that down to an hour. The only reason I even watched it was to see if they would try to set up a cause for all of this like some military germ warfare weapon gone bad or something. Nope, instead people just start turning into zombies after they die right from the start with zombie drug abuser chick being the first- no cause revealed.

All I needed to know about the mom's drug abuser son was well established in the first 15 minutes with him running out of the druggie church hangout and away from said zombie drug chick, getting hit by a car, and winding up in the hospital. The whole hospital escape and subsequent nonsense was contrived and unnecessary.

The daughter's character didn't seem relevant at all. Ok she's a cliche' brat toward her mom and her mom's boyfriend, but has another side and is the smart one with a dumb but artistic boyfriend who draws shitty art on her arm with magic marker. Big fucking deal. Are they setting her up to be some kind of heroine later? Probably. Who gives a shit.

The mom's boyfriend is super teacher and Mr. wonderful caring guy who's divorced and has a son that doesn't appear to like him very much. Seems like a contradiction. Speaking of which, his son was even less relevant to this part of the plot, but I'm sure it was presented so that daddy has to do some seriously stupid shit at some point in the future to save the shithead from consequences of his own making.

I initially wondered if the drugs they were using caused the druggie girl to become a zombie and she infected the others in the church by eating on them and now they all became zombies and are the ultimate cause of the zombie apocalypse. Of course, the flaw in that theory is the dude who died while being treated by EMS who starts dining on the EMS dude. He doesn't appear to have had any interaction with zombie drug chick and dead church stoners. Just another random dude turned walker for no apparent reason.

I don't know if I'm going to watch any more episodes if it's just going to be Walking Dead L.A.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon 24 Aug 2015 - 19:20

For the record suoerbdad Travis was bad ass in trading day. Lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 14:29

Code_Warrior wrote:More zombies

FIFY
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 14:53

Code_Warrior wrote:They could've dispensed with the back story of the family and easily cut that down to an hour. The only reason I even watched it was to see if they would try to set up a cause for all of this like some military germ warfare weapon gone bad or something. Nope, instead people just start turning into zombies after they die right from the start with zombie drug abuser chick being the first- no cause revealed.

All I needed to know about the mom's drug abuser son was well established in the first 15 minutes with him running out of the druggie church hangout and away from said zombie drug chick, getting hit by a car, and winding up in the hospital. The whole hospital escape and subsequent nonsense was contrived and unnecessary.

The daughter's character didn't seem relevant at all. Ok she's a cliche' brat toward her mom and her mom's boyfriend, but has another side and is the smart one with a dumb but artistic boyfriend who draws shitty art on her arm with magic marker. Big fucking deal. Are they setting her up to be some kind of heroine later? Probably. Who gives a shit.

The mom's boyfriend is super teacher and Mr. wonderful caring guy who's divorced and has a son that doesn't appear to like him very much. Seems like a contradiction. Speaking of which, his son was even less relevant to this part of the plot, but I'm sure it was presented so that daddy has to do some seriously stupid shit at some point in the future to save the shithead from consequences of his own making.

I initially wondered if the drugs they were using caused the druggie girl to become a zombie and she infected the others in the church by eating on them and now they all became zombies and are the ultimate cause of the zombie apocalypse. Of course, the flaw in that theory is the dude who died while being treated by EMS who starts dining on the EMS dude. He doesn't appear to have had any interaction with zombie drug chick and dead church stoners. Just another random dude turned walker for no apparent reason.

I don't know if I'm going to watch any more episodes if it's just going to be Walking Dead L.A.
Don't forget that the boyfriend drew some crappy art on her arm. I'm sure that is going to be something in the next couple of episodes as she looks for him, or it becomes a symbol of a free area.
There is also the kid who had the knife taken from him, and he talked about reports of this in other states.
What I didn't like is it seemed as if all the kids sort of knew what was going on, but that none of the adults did. Also, the kids not going to school, are they dead, or just staying home? Is this show following the dumbest of people who are unaware of their surroundings? How can we be following the last people to know what is going on in the city around them?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 15:18

The stupid thing about these shows is they disregard the fact that everyone is aware of the zombie apocalypse idea and would adapt pretty quickly to the reality of it. I'd be up on the mountain in no time with all my ammo and pertektin ma family.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 15:24

Rocinante wrote:The stupid thing about these shows is they disregard the fact that everyone is aware of the zombie apocalypse idea and would adapt pretty quickly to the reality of it. I'd be up on the mountain in no time with all my ammo and pertektin ma family.

I guess they never watched The Walking Dead
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 15:25

Rocinante wrote:The stupid thing about these shows is they disregard the fact that everyone is aware of the zombie apocalypse idea and would adapt pretty quickly to the reality of it. I'd be up on the mountain in no time with all my ammo and pertektin ma family.
That's what I was thinking when the kid was in the hospital. The stepdad asking him what happened. Why can't he just say he thinks he saw that girl become a zombie and start eating people?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 15:52

Nordic wrote:

I guess they never watched The Walking Dead

Man, we been knowing about the ZA since Night of the Living Dead. Romero got us all aware of this shit since the 60s.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 16:44

One last thing. What's up with the blue eyes? Is that a blatant ripoff from GoT? Why don't the other walkers have blue eyes in tWD?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 22:20

apparently a common theme with the two know zombies is drug use (girl and black dude) not sure about the traffic stop zombie.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Wed 26 Aug 2015 - 0:46

InTenSity wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:They could've dispensed with the back story of the family and easily cut that down to an hour. The only reason I even watched it was to see if they would try to set up a cause for all of this like some military germ warfare weapon gone bad or something. Nope, instead people just start turning into zombies after they die right from the start with zombie drug abuser chick being the first- no cause revealed.

Don't forget that the boyfriend drew some crappy art on her arm. I'm sure that is going to be something in the next couple of episodes as she looks for him, or it becomes a symbol of a free area.
There is also the kid who had the knife taken from him, and he talked about reports of this in other states.
What I didn't like is it seemed as if all the kids sort of knew what was going on, but that none of the adults did. Also, the kids not going to school, are they dead, or just staying home? Is this show following the dumbest of people who are unaware of their surroundings? How can we be following the last people to know what is going on in the city around them?
I'm guessing the kids are staying home from school and dying. Yeah, I think they chose the most broken family cliche' group of people in all their cliche' dumb fuck glory. However, they did miss the opportunity to introduce the gay transgendered character, so they'll have to do that next. I don't think the parents understand what's going on even after they fucked up the zombie drug dealer. I really don't think I'm going to invest any more time in this version of the show. If they killed off the entire cast in the 2nd show it wouldn't matter to me at all.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down