Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead

+9
Ass Dan
Kramerica
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
The Pantry
xsanguine
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
13 posters

Go down

Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead Empty Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:23 am

Seems like an awful lot of a commitment of time. Talk me in to it or out of it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead Empty Re: Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:45 am

It's a good show. Gets slow at times. But its not such a big deal if you watch it consecutively on Netflix like I did a year or so ago.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead Empty Re: Friends keep telling me to watch the Walking Dead

Post by xsanguine Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:12 am

The quality of television has been raised greatly the last decade or so.... this one falls into the bubblegum category, however.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:39 am

Fuck that stupid show. Watch the Dukies postgame
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:28 am

Great show. And it's not about zombies BTW.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:59 am

kingstonlake wrote:Great show. And it's not about zombies BTW.

Interesting, because the zombie thing is the only reason I've avoided watching it. I just figured it was five seasons of never-ending battles with zombies, which would get boring in a hurry.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:22 am

xsanguine wrote:The quality of television has been raised greatly the last decade or so....

I disagree with this statement.

I could name 20 series from the 60s & 70s that top anything on today.

At least another 10 from the 80s & 90s would take that honor.

Since 2000 the pickings have been slim for quality television.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:47 am

It's ok. I about gave up on it but this past season got a bit better.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramerica Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:47 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Interesting, because the zombie thing is the only reason I've avoided watching it. I just figured it was five seasons of never-ending battles with zombies, which would get boring in a hurry.

I'm in your boat as well. I just can't get into the whole zombie obsession that is going on in movies/tv. My brother-in-law tells me to watch it as well, and we have typically like a lot of the same tv/movies/music. I still resist.
Kramerica
Kramerica
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:50 am

LooseGoose wrote:
xsanguine wrote:The quality of television has been raised greatly the last decade or so....

Are you talking network only? If so I would agree.  If you're talking cable/premium channels than this is the golden age of tv.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:53 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Yeah, at this point the zombies are pretty Mich an after thought. Sure they are still there and they still kill people, but they aren't the main bad guy out there. Which makes sense seeing as anyone that's still alive in the show is probably pretty efficient at killing zombies
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks everyone. I am more confused than ever whether or not I should invest the time.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:05 am

Tried to get into it and could not.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:08 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Thanks everyone. I am more confused than ever whether or not I should invest the time.

I think the show is on once a week for an hour.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:09 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:

You can insert any apocalyptic scenario for the zombies. Its more about how people deal with it. How people regress into the stone ages to survive, what they do to each other. How people with humanity and no humanity co exsist. How some refuse to accept the human race is regressing and the battles they must fight to keep their sanity. Its a good show. I'm not a zombie guy. First season I was hooked.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:10 am

kingstonlake wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You can insert any apocalyptic scenario for the zombies. Its more about how people deal with it. How people regress into the stone ages to survive, what they do to each other. How people with humanity and no humanity co exsist. How some refuse to accept the human race is regressing and the battles they must fight to keep their sanity. Its a good show. I'm not a zombie guy. First season I was hooked.

If there isn't a lot of shooting zombies in the head then I am probably not interested. I like the shooting zombies in the head aspect of zombie movies.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:15 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Thanks everyone. I am more confused than ever whether or not I should invest the time.
Start watching it. If you don't like it, stop watching it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:17 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

If there isn't a lot of shooting zombies in the head then I am probably not interested. I like the shooting zombies in the head aspect of zombie movies.

Umm it is a zombie theme dude. There's plenty of that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:18 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

From the very 1st episode on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:44 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Are you talking network only? If so I would agree.  If you're talking cable/premium channels than this is the golden age of tv.

Yes, I was speaking of networks and wasn't clear on that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:44 am

You're asking this at Easter? Too easy.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 am

Cym Jim wrote:You're asking this at Easter? Too easy.

Easter! LOL A Catholic invention made up around a pagan holiday. I remember the death of the Lord every first day of the week.

The Church of England is based on false doctrine.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:34 am

April fools. You don't have friends.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm

My wife is the big WD fan.  I can take it or leave it.  I mostly leave it because some of the things that the main characters do are just stupid and I find it difficult to empathize with the ones who are doing that kind of shit.  If you don't like watching people doing stupid shit just because they have some contrived emotional bullshit to reconcile, I wouldn't watch the show, because it's full of people doing unnecessarily stupid shit.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down