Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome?

+14
TommyWantSparty
MSUgöat
gvsparty
pulling69
The Lonely Stoner
MJ
Inglewood Jack
jjspartan
Ass Dan
I Still Hate Weber State
SeeRockCity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Sponge Worthy
Marc Summers
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Parmesan Garlic wings at BW3: gross or awesome?

Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_lcap31%Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 9 ]
Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_lcap52%Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 15 ]
Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_lcap17%Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome?

Post by Marc Summers Wed May 07, 2014 3:52 pm

I just tried this flavor for the first time today, and was fairly grossed out by them. The color is nasty, and they taste like some type of Shrimp Scampi sauce.

Some of my buddies think they are by far the best flavor, so there seems to be a divide here.

What is your take? Nasty or Fantastic?

Last edited by pulling69 on Thu May 08, 2014 2:09 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added poll)
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome?

Post by Sponge Worthy Wed May 07, 2014 3:54 pm

Very gross..

Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed May 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Welp, we've made it. We've got a Nucky.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed May 07, 2014 4:12 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Welp, we've made it. We've got a Nucky.

Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 502811600 
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by I Still Hate Weber State Wed May 07, 2014 4:29 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Welp, we've made it. We've got a Nucky.

What makes you say that?  Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 502811600 
I Still Hate Weber State
I Still Hate Weber State
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed May 07, 2014 4:45 pm

I Still Hate Weber State wrote:

What makes you say that?  Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 502811600 

It's vintage. 2 posts. 1 about money. 1 about food.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Wed May 07, 2014 6:00 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

It's vintage. 2 posts. 1 about money. 1 about food.

Waiting for the "ever Jack off into your shoes?" thread. That is typically the third and final part of the cycle, some weird sex question
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Wed May 07, 2014 10:35 pm

OP, the correct answer is Awesome.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Inglewood Jack Wed May 07, 2014 10:39 pm

I've never had them at BDubs, but the ones at Wing Stop are great.
Inglewood Jack
Inglewood Jack
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed May 07, 2014 10:44 pm

I'd vote if we had a poll option. Fucking bullshit software.

Oh wait, WE DO HAVE A POLL OPTION! WHY DIDN'T YOU USE IT OP!?!?! WHY!?!?!
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lonely Stoner Thu May 08, 2014 12:52 am

Isn't that one of the standard ones? Parm Gar and Honey BBQ FTW!
The Lonely Stoner
The Lonely Stoner
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu May 08, 2014 2:08 am

MJ wrote:I'd vote if we had a poll option.   Fucking bullshit software.

Oh wait, WE DO HAVE A POLL OPTION!  WHY DIDN'T YOU USE IT OP!?!?! WHY!?!?!

Watch out now, moderated this bitch and added a poll  Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3493939353 
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty Thu May 08, 2014 2:41 am

Parmesan garlic is nasty, especially on the boneless wings. They really seem to slather it on those. That being said, the spicy garlic is really good.
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Thu May 08, 2014 5:09 am

gvsparty wrote:Parmesan garlic is nasty, especially on the boneless wings. They really seem to slather it on those. That being said, the spicy garlic is really good.

As soon as you stated "boneless wing" you immediately forfeited any chance to speak meaningfully on the subject. The baby food thread is elsewhere.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Thu May 08, 2014 5:34 am

They look like their covered in jiz. I'm out.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Thu May 08, 2014 6:27 am

Ass Dan wrote:They look like their covered in jiz. I'm out.

Pretty much:
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers Thu May 08, 2014 9:08 am

who the hell says BW3 nowadays?!? Nobody has called it that in at least a decade.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu May 08, 2014 9:11 am

pulling69 wrote:

Watch out now, moderated this bitch and added a poll  Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3493939353 

That's high quality modding.  Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 1486952199 

And I voted.
MJ
MJ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat Thu May 08, 2014 9:26 am

Parm garlic are neither awesome nor gross so tanfan is my vote. Spicy garlic on the other hand are awesome.
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TommyWantSparty Thu May 08, 2014 10:08 am

Sponge Worthy wrote:Very gross..

Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 3434560931 

That's my avatar, you poser
TommyWantSparty
TommyWantSparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Thu May 08, 2014 10:49 am

the best sauce they have for wings is parmesan garlic
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu May 08, 2014 11:42 am

TommyWantSparty wrote:

That's my avatar, you poser

I graciously stepped aside.. sunny 

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by gvsparty Thu May 08, 2014 12:08 pm

jjspartan wrote:

As soon as you stated "boneless wing" you immediately forfeited any chance to speak meaningfully on the subject.  The baby food thread is elsewhere.

Why because I've seen people eat boneless wings before?
gvsparty
gvsparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Oops Thats not right Thu May 08, 2014 12:10 pm

The poll question should be how fast do you get diarrhea after eating Parmesan Garlic wings?

Me, its usually within 45 minutes.
Oops Thats not right
Oops Thats not right
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Thu May 08, 2014 12:28 pm

gvsparty wrote:

Why because I've seen people eat boneless wings before?

No. Not at all. There is simply no such thing as a "boneless wing". The "things" that you refer to are nothing more than chopped up chicken breasts which are breaded, fried, then sauced up. There is no skin or bone and hence the trued flavor of a chicken wing is gone The beauty of a chicken wing is that you actually taste the yumminess of the fat (although minimal in a wing) contained in the skin on a piece. A chicken wing is already "white meat" just like a breast but is not flavorless like a breast. Kids like "boneless" because there tiny wittle fingers have difficulty holding onto a bone and there hands get messy.

As long as we are on the subject, I hope all member of tSwill are not prone to think that when they receive a pile of wings that contain "flappers" and "drummies" that the drummies are baby chicken legs. Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 1494614055  The actual wing of a chicken is made up of three parts. The portion closest to the body of the bird is commonly referred to as a "drummie", the middle section is a "flapper" and the last part is simply thrown out.

Education over. Now how many really thought a drummie was a leg? Admit it.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu May 08, 2014 12:32 pm

Their sauces are OK, but the chicken sucks. It's always dried out and never crispy.
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu May 08, 2014 1:08 pm

jjspartan wrote:

No. Not at all.  There is simply no such thing as a "boneless wing".  The "things" that you refer to are nothing more than chopped up chicken breasts which are breaded, fried, then sauced up.  There is no skin or bone and hence the trued flavor of a chicken wing is gone  The beauty of a chicken wing is that you actually taste the yumminess of the fat (although minimal in a wing) contained in the skin on a piece.  A chicken wing is already "white meat" just like a breast but is not flavorless like a breast.  Kids like "boneless" because there tiny wittle fingers have difficulty holding onto a bone and there hands get messy.

As long as we are on the subject, I hope all member of tSwill are not prone to think that when they receive a pile of wings that contain "flappers" and "drummies"  that the drummies are baby chicken legs. Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 1494614055  The actual wing of a chicken  is made up of three parts.  The portion closest to the body of the bird is commonly referred to as a "drummie", the middle section is a "flapper" and the last part is simply thrown out.

Education over.  Now how many really thought a drummie was a leg?  Admit it.

The pussification of America is leading to more and more people going boneless because they aren't told to STFU and eat when they're kids..

My Daughter is case #1. How she thinks a piece of meat got on the plate in the first place is beyond me. Squeemish because your focking Human and are a carnivore? You're goddam right.

Yeah, a Man ought to eat like a Man, not like a Princess  Evil or Very Mad 

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK Thu May 08, 2014 1:19 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:The pussification of America is leading to more and more people going boneless because they aren't told to STFU and eat when they're kids..

My Daughter is case #1. How she thinks a piece of meat got on the plate in the first place is beyond me. Squeemish because your focking Human and are a carnivore? You're goddam right.

Yeah, a Man ought to eat like a Man, not like a Princess  Evil or Very Mad 

You should eat bone-in wings because they have more flavor. Not because it makes you "manly."
JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu May 08, 2014 1:28 pm

JEK wrote:

You should eat bone-in wings because they have more flavor. Not because it makes you "manly."

Well yeah, that, I should have said, is a "given"..but I guarandamn T you, the biggest reason Women and Children, especially, go boneless is because they aren't in touch with their Human nature and they've gotten it into their heads that somehow it's gross and are pussies about it.

When our entire younger culture is dominated by the idea that killing for meat is somehow wrong..it's inevitable.

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab Thu May 08, 2014 3:44 pm

jjspartan wrote:

No. Not at all. There is simply no such thing as a "boneless wing". The "things" that you refer to are nothing more than chopped up chicken breasts which are breaded, fried, then sauced up. There is no skin or bone and hence the trued flavor of a chicken wing is gone The beauty of a chicken wing is that you actually taste the yumminess of the fat (although minimal in a wing) contained in the skin on a piece. A chicken wing is already "white meat" just like a breast but is not flavorless like a breast. Kids like "boneless" because there tiny wittle fingers have difficulty holding onto a bone and there hands get messy.

As long as we are on the subject, I hope all member of tSwill are not prone to think that when they receive a pile of wings that contain "flappers" and "drummies" that the drummies are baby chicken legs. Parmesan Garlic wings at BDubs: Gross? Or Awesome? 1494614055  The actual wing of a chicken is made up of three parts. The portion closest to the body of the bird is commonly referred to as a "drummie", the middle section is a "flapper" and the last part is simply thrown out.

Education over. Now how many really thought a drummie was a leg? Admit it.
There are a few things wrong with your post. First of all the drumstick looking part of the wing is called a drummett. Secondly, the tip is not thrown out, almost nothing is thrown out in the food processing industry. Tips are either exported to countries that aren't as picky, used to make broth/stock or used in pet food.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu May 08, 2014 3:59 pm

Jaheab wrote:
There are a few things wrong with your post. First of all the drumstick looking part of the wing is called a drummett. Secondly, the tip is not thrown out, almost nothing is thrown out in the food processing industry. Tips are either exported to countries that aren't as picky, used to make broth/stock or used in pet food.

Now that I look back at it..yeah, and the middle section is also in fact called the "flat", not the flapper.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Thu May 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Jaheab wrote:

Ha, I was gonna get into the bit about making stock but figured nobody would catch it accept Jaheab and/or tPantry. Also, don't get technical on me, on drummie v drummett. I am neither of us are necessarily correct and they both are slang terms.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Thu May 08, 2014 5:19 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Well yeah, that, I should have said, is a "given"..but I guarandamn T you, the biggest reason Women and Children, especially, go boneless is because they aren't in touch with their Human nature and they've gotten it into their heads that somehow it's gross and are pussies about it.

When our entire younger culture is dominated by the idea that killing for meat is somehow wrong..it's inevitable.

I'm really trying to follow your logic and I just don't understand what you're talking about.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Thu May 08, 2014 5:27 pm

Ass Dan wrote:

I'm really trying to follow your logic and I just don't understand what you're talking about.

Really?

OK..what I mean is that over the last several years I've watch little kids get to be more and more pussified about eating, especially meat on the bones. They start as toddlers loving things like ribs and pork chops and anything because, well, because as Human beings it's what we enjoy.

Then, though, the questions start to crop up- "Mommy, where do chicken bones come from? Is it really a BONE? Eww..

Mommy responds either "shut the **** up and eat your chicken" or "aww, that's OK Billy, we'll change everything we cook just for you"

And so it goes. The kids go to school and they are fed what? Yup..nuggets. Boneless stuff. Never friend chicken, never wings. They talk amongst themselves and the girls all decide they're vegetarians for a while. Some go back but are convinced that meat is murder so they are still grossed out by bones. Parents continue to pay for boneless stuff and never cook a bone in pork chop again. And the kids grow up thinking it is all about "taste and texture".

As I said, Pussification.
Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab Thu May 08, 2014 11:12 pm

jjspartan wrote:

Ha, I was gonna get into the bit about making stock but figured nobody would catch it accept Jaheab and/or tPantry.  Also, don't get technical on me, on drummie v drummett. I am neither of us are necessarily correct and they both are slang terms.

I'm pretty sure "drummette" is the term used in the processing industry but you're right, it doesn't really matter. The two bone piece is called "the flat."

Wing tips (and feet) make great stock (and pretty good eating, if cooked right), lots of finger-licking-good collagen and connective tissue.

I remember while I was in school some guy patented a new cutting process that gets two extra drumette-like pieces by breaking through the scapula of the carcass and "frenching" the meat to leave some bone exposed. My meat processing professor said the guy was going to make a mint because the wings were quickly becoming the most expensive piece of the bird. The last time I was a BDubs I noticed that my order had a bunch of these faux-drumette pieces (you can tell because the bone is broken and oblong instead of round). Dude is probably sailing around the Caribbean these days on a yacht called That Buffalo Lady.
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Fri May 09, 2014 8:07 am

Whoa, wait.? Are you saying this "piece" is "between" the actual wing and the breastbone?
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Fri May 09, 2014 8:53 am

Sponge Worthy wrote:

Really?

OK..what I mean is that over the last several years I've watch little kids get to be more and more pussified about eating, especially meat on the bones. They start as toddlers loving things like ribs and pork chops and anything because, well, because as Human beings it's what we enjoy.

Then, though, the questions start to crop up- "Mommy, where do chicken bones come from? Is it really a BONE? Eww..

Mommy responds either "shut the **** up and eat your chicken" or "aww, that's OK Billy, we'll change everything we cook just for you"  

And so it goes. The kids go to school and they are fed what? Yup..nuggets. Boneless stuff. Never friend chicken, never wings. They talk amongst themselves and the girls all decide they're vegetarians for a while. Some go back but are convinced that meat is murder so they are still grossed out by bones. Parents continue to pay for boneless stuff and never cook a bone in pork chop again. And the kids grow up thinking it is all about "taste and texture".

As I said, Pussification.

Yeah, I don't see it. I think kids eat nuggets because they take two microwave minutes to make.

Best believe that if my mom had whipped up a pork chop, meatloaf, tenderloin, pot roast, etc., anything that took any type of preparation, I was going to have to eat that.

I'll order boneless wings when I go to Bdubs if I don't want sauce to get all over my face and look like a complete asshole, that's a bigger deterrent to most people that whether or not the bone is in.

I guess I just don't see how kids not wanting to eat bones causes them to be pussies, especially when it's pretty likely that they'll grow out of being picky more often than not.

I hated vegetables for the longest time because, well, Vegetables suck for the most part. As you get older, you don't feel the same way. How can that logic not be equally applied to little kids liking bone in meat?
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by jjspartan Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 am

I see it more as kids not expanding their food world. For instance, my eighth grade daughter threw a mini fit when she found out the old man ordered Jets pizza instead of jumping in the car to go get a couple Hot-N-Ready peperoni pizzas which she proclaimed was the best pizza in the world.
jjspartan
jjspartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Fri May 09, 2014 9:36 am

jjspartan wrote:I see it more as kids not expanding their food world.  For instance, my eighth grade daughter threw a mini fit when she found out the old man ordered Jets pizza instead of jumping in the car to go get a couple Hot-N-Ready peperoni pizzas which she proclaimed was the best pizza in the world.

No shit, they are kids. They don't know any better. Tastes develop and change...
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaheab Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 am

jjspartan wrote:Whoa, wait.?  Are you saying this  "piece" is "between" the actual wing and the breastbone?

Yep. it's a brave new world in chicken butchery
Jaheab
Jaheab
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next