Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12?

+6
GRR Spartan
StylesGShmooth
InTenSity
Jack N Coke
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
10 posters

Go down

Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12? Empty Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/11/15, 02:28 pm

Florida Atlantic @ Florida
Citadel @ South Carolina
Idaho @ Auburn
Charleston Southern @ Alabama
Georgia Southern @ Georgia
Charlotte @ Kentucky

Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12? Empty Re: Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12?

Post by tGreenWay 16/11/15, 02:29 pm

They play such destructive football against each other that they all need a break.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12? Empty Re: Can we bitch about the SEC playing 6 non power 5 teams in Week 12?

Post by Jack N Coke 16/11/15, 02:54 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Florida Atlantic @ Florida
Citadel @ South Carolina
Idaho @ Auburn
Charleston Southern @ Alabama
Georgia Southern @ Georgia
Charlotte @ Kentucky

Rolling Eyes

No, that's not allowed
Jack N Coke
Jack N Coke
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 16/11/15, 02:55 pm

Herbs is tweeting this out.
He tweeted out the schedule along with: The SEC grind is real, ya'll.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 16/11/15, 03:20 pm

I guess we could bitch if they weren't playing conference games in week 2.  Don't really see the difference.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 16/11/15, 03:25 pm

Florida had scheduled a cupcake before the FSU game for 20 years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 16/11/15, 03:29 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:I guess we could bitch if they weren't playing conference games in week 2.  Don't really see the difference.
I wouldn't care so much, if they didn't play the FCS schools this week. It is basically an extra bye at the end of the season when every other conference is playing through the meat of their season. It is a copout by the SEC. If you want to play OOC this late in the year, then at least make it a FBS school. They could still start in week 2 with conference play and have all their OOC done by early October.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 16/11/15, 03:35 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:I guess we could bitch if they weren't playing conference games in week 2.  Don't really see the difference.
wait a second.. what about the week we were playing a MAC school and Alabama was playing Wisconsin? how about the week we were playing Air Force and Florida was playing an SEC school? Or how about the week that we were playing another MAC school and LSU was playing a team from a power 5 conference (Syracuse)..?

you need to get your crazy talk and get out of here.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 16/11/15, 03:37 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
wait a second.. what about the week we were playing a MAC school and Alabama was playing Wisconsin? how about the week we were playing Air Force and Florida was playing an SEC school? Or how about the week that we were playing another MAC school and LSU was playing a team from a power 5 conference (Syracuse)..?

How about that week MSU played FCS powerhouse Charleston Southern.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/11/15, 03:38 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

You guys are smart enough to know the difference between say week 2 and week 12, yeah? Let me know if you really want me to explain it though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 16/11/15, 03:47 pm

SEC has also been screwy with their conference play but this is smart. They lock in their position the 2nd to last regular season polling period. Everybody else is bashing their brains in with conference play and the utterly retarded backloading of schedules while the SEC is moving up in the polls thanks to a glorified bye week.

The SEC started play in 1933 but didn't even standardize the length of the conference schedule until 1978 when they went to six conference games in a 10 team league.

The went to seven conference games in 1988 and eight in 1992.

They also had a history of long gaps between member schools playing each other.
Alabama and Mississippi played once between 1933 and 1964.
Alabama and Kentucky didn't play each other at all between 1947 and 1972.
Alabama and Kentucky only played four times between 1974 and 1994.
Alabama and Florida didn't play in conference until 1948.
Alabama and Florida only played twice in the 1980s
Alabama and Florida only played twice between 1952 and 1969.
LSU and Georgia didn't play between 1953 and 1978.
LSU and Georgia played twice in the 70s and twice in the 80s.
LSU and Tennessee only played twice in the 90s
LSU and Vanderbilt didn't play between 1957 and 1976
LSU and Vanderbilt only played twice in the 70s
LSU and Auburn didn't play between 1942 and 1969

That's only a scoop of the crazy shit they've pulled.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 16/11/15, 04:16 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. what about the week we were playing a MAC school and Alabama was playing Wisconsin? how about the week we were playing Air Force and Florida was playing an SEC school? Or how about the week that we were playing another MAC school and LSU was playing a team from a power 5 conference (Syracuse)..?

You guys are smart enough to know the difference between say week 2 and week 12, yeah? Let me know if you really want me to explain it though.

It is all the same to me, play a cupcake week 1 or week 5 or 12. I don't really see what difference it makes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 16/11/15, 04:46 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:wait a second.. what about the week we were playing a MAC school and Alabama was playing Wisconsin? how about the week we were playing Air Force and Florida was playing an SEC school? Or how about the week that we were playing another MAC school and LSU was playing a team from a power 5 conference (Syracuse)..?

Get a job!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 16/11/15, 04:57 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

Get a job!

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm out of this bitch by mid January or so.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/11/15, 03:15 pm

you've clearly never met me.. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 19/11/15, 01:55 pm

Cupcake game: See Week 12 in the SEC. Six SEC teams will play FCS opponents or non-Power 5 FBS teams this week, including Charleston Southern at Alabama. The Tide's November FCS tradition continues, as Alabama has played an FCS school in November every year since 2009.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down