Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I spent the entire game in the emergency room.

+13
Rocinante
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Giant Moose
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Jake from State Farm
CORNER BLITZ
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Turtleneck
Code_Warrior
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I spent the entire game in the emergency room. Empty I spent the entire game in the emergency room.

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-21, 19:04

I have A-fib and I had heart attack symptoms, very light headed, dizzy, numbness in my left arm, and tingling all over, so I had tWfie drive me to the emergency room. Better safe than sorry. Thankfully, the first set of blood tests tests came back negative, but, more importantly, I was able to stream the game on hospital wifi and watched the game on my phone using the WatchESPN app. I'm laying here in the hospital bed waiting for the 2nd set of blood tests to come back, but I think everything's ok and I'll be able to leave soon.

MOTHERFUCKING GO GREEN BITCHES!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I spent the entire game in the emergency room. Empty Re: I spent the entire game in the emergency room.

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-21, 19:05

Code_Warrior wrote:I have A-fib and I had heart attack symptoms, very light headed, dizzy, numbness in my left arm, and tingling all over, so I had tWfie drive me to the emergency room. Better safe than sorry. Thankfully, the first set of blood tests tests came back negative, but, more importantly, I was able to stream the game on hospital wifi and watched the game on my phone using the WatchESPN app. I'm laying here in the hospital bed waiting for the 2nd set of blood tests to come back, but I think everything's ok and I'll be able to leave soon.

1. Hope all goes well. Pulling for you.
2. You will need to spend every game in the ER now.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I spent the entire game in the emergency room. Empty Re: I spent the entire game in the emergency room.

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 19:06

Code_Warrior wrote:I have A-fib and I had heart attack symptoms, very light headed, dizzy, numbness in my left arm, and tingling all over, so I had tWfie drive me to the emergency room. Better safe than sorry. Thankfully, the first set of blood tests tests came back negative, but, more importantly, I was able to stream the game on hospital wifi and watched the game on my phone using the WatchESPN app. I'm laying here in the hospital bed waiting for the 2nd set of blood tests to come back, but I think everything's ok and I'll be able to leave soon.

Got the same thing, know the game well. Get well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-11-21, 19:07

Holy shit, I hope you are alright bro. Second glad we got the win! We got balls!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-21, 19:08

Turtleneck wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:I have A-fib and I had heart attack symptoms, very light headed, dizzy, numbness in my left arm, and tingling all over, so I had tWfie drive me to the emergency room.  Better safe than sorry.  Thankfully, the first set of blood tests tests came back negative, but, more importantly, I was able to stream the game on hospital wifi and watched the game on my phone using the WatchESPN app.  I'm laying here in the hospital bed waiting for the 2nd set of blood tests to come back, but I think everything's ok and I'll be able to leave soon.

1. Hope all goes well.  Pulling for you.
Ok, but I'll need some help paying if insurance doesn't cover it.  I don't know if they have a code for football mojo.

Last edited by Code_Warrior on 2015-11-21, 19:09; edited 1 time in total
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-11-21, 19:09

Holy fuckballs, man. Glad things sound like they're OK.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-11-21, 19:09

Hope all goes well, but how was watching the game with a heart monitor on? Pulse racing for that last drive and the kick?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-21, 19:09

Turtleneck wrote:

This
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-11-21, 19:09

Also, get well brother
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-21, 19:10

Hope everything turns out okay. I've had a-fib for around 30 years now and been battery operated for almost that long.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-11-21, 19:11

Code_Warrior wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

1. Hope all goes well.  Pulling for you.
Ok, but I'll need some help paying if insurance doesn't cover it.  I don't know if they have a code for football mojo.

We will start a fund. Don't worry. Bob Sak is pretty generous.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-21, 19:11

I.B. Fine wrote:Hope all goes well, but how was watching the game with a heart monitor on? Pulse racing for that last drive and the kick?
I was calm the whole game until Gieger had to kick it. Then my heart was going like mad!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-21, 19:17

Just got the ok to go home! Woo Hoo! Everything's fine! Going home!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-21, 19:34

Code_Warrior wrote:Just got the ok to go home! Woo Hoo! Everything's fine! Going home!

Great! Now get ready for next Saturday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-21, 19:34

Fuck me. Be well you're a tough cock sucker.

Go green bitch ass.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-11-21, 19:35

Code hope you're ok. That was amazing. If you weren't actually having one I'm surprised the game didn't send you into cardiac arrest. Please get well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2015-11-21, 19:43

Code_Warrior wrote:Just got the ok to go home! Woo Hoo! Everything's fine! Going home!
Good to hear. Spartans Will. I spent the entire game in the emergency room. 1833121890
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-11-21, 19:46

Damn dude, hope everything is ok.

GO GREEN!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-11-21, 19:51

Glad to hear you're in the clear. Be well, Code.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-22, 00:08

Glad you're okay, Code! Go Green!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-11-22, 01:17

Really glad to hear you're okay and now home. Also happy to hear you got to see the game.

But there's still no excuse for you to have not taken and shared pics of nurses. WTF were you thinking? you selfish bastard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2015-11-22, 02:02

I spent the entire second half blowing dudes at the movie theatre. GO GREEN
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-11-22, 04:30

Tanfan! wrote:

+1
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2015-11-22, 06:43

Get well Spartan!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-22, 07:23

tGreenWay wrote:Really glad to hear you're okay and now home. Also happy to hear you got to see the game.

But there's still no excuse for you to have not taken and shared pics of nurses. WTF were you thinking? you selfish bastard.

You're always thinking of the entire board not just yourself. What a guy!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 08:15

Thanks for the well wishes guys! Feeling great this morning!
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2015-11-22, 08:19

Code_Warrior wrote:Thanks for the well wishes guys! Feeling great this morning!

I spent the entire game in the emergency room. 1833121890
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 08:20

tGreenWay wrote:Really glad to hear you're okay and now home. Also happy to hear you got to see the game.

Trust me, no hot nurses, but they were kind. From a body shape perspective, lets just say they were well rounded because I don't like bagging of the appearance of kind people.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 08:23

Tanfan! wrote:

They weren't RCMB dudes were they? You've offered to have sex over there many times in the past NTTAWWT.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 08:30

Jake from State Farm wrote:Hope everything turns out okay. I've had a-fib for around 30 years now and been battery operated for almost that long.
My cardiologist says I'll eventually be battery operated too. Is it a hassle to have a pacemaker?
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-22, 08:31

How did you know you had A fib? What were the symptoms?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-22, 08:39

DWags wrote:How did you know you had A fib? What were the symptoms?

Don't know about Code but when mine acts up I get a bit light headed, can often feel my heart being "fluttery" and overall weakness. Mine first surfaced in my early 30's so I've lived with it on meds for 25 years, no pacemaker yet but 2 heart attacks over a decade apart from it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 08:57

I didn't know I had A-Fib. It was found during my annual physical 3 years ago. I had a follow up check a week later and was still in A-Fib. I have absolutely no symptoms of any kind. Most people feel a racing heart and have trouble breathing. My PCP sent me to a cardiologist and they gave me a treadmill stress test and was able to do the test with no problem all the way up to like 180 beats per minute. They also found out that my heart stops beating for like 2 seconds at a time quite often. I never felt it. Cardiologist said A-Fib can be caused by sleep apnia, so he had me do a sleep study. Turns out I have extremely severe sleep apnia, which my wife has said for years. For most sleep apnia patients, they classify severe as over 30 apnias per hour. I had 90 apnias per hour. Plus I have what they call "complex" sleep apnia where the apnias go from obstructive to "central" apnias when I go on a regular CPAP machine. A central apnia is one where the brain stops telling the lungs to breath, so I have a special machine called a BIPAP ST which senses when I stop breathing and forces a breath. I'll tell you what though, I never knew what sleep was until I got the machine. I've had such bad sleep my whole life that I never knew how tired I was. I just thought everyone felt tired like that and I thought it was normal. With the machine, the first few times, I felt like I was on speed the next day. I'm used to the feeling of energy now. I love my BIPAP machine.

Moral of the story, if a person thinks they might have sleep apnia, they should have a sleep study, because sleep apnia can lead to A-Fib and A-Fib can lead to stroke. I have to take Xarelto, which is a blood thinner because blood can pool in the Atrium and clot and then the clot can get pumped out and go to the brain, causing the stroke, and the blood thinner keeps that at bay. However, having blood thinners is a hassle because every little cut bleeds like mad. Also, if I get into an accident, I can bleed to death very easily, and Xarelto has no antidote like Coumadin, so the doctors would have to just wait and try their best to control any bleeding that may result from an accident. However, it's not like I spend my time worrying about that, but I don't like having that risk factor, that's for sure.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-22, 08:57

Tanfan! wrote:

You should change up your Saturday afternoon routine every once in a while. Go hang out at the men's room at a rest area or something like that.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-22, 08:58

LooseGoose wrote:

Don't know about Code but when mine acts up I get a bit light headed, can often feel my heart being "fluttery" and overall weakness. Mine first surfaced in my early 30's so I've lived with it on meds for 25 years, no pacemaker yet but 2 heart attacks over a decade apart from it.

Shit, that's happened to me twice in the last year. If I go get that checked and don't have the symptoms at the time can they tell?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-22, 09:03

Code_Warrior wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Hope everything turns out okay. I've had a-fib for around 30 years now and been battery operated for almost that long.
My cardiologist says I'll eventually be battery operated too. Is it a hassle to have a pacemaker?

No, you get used to it. I get it checked every three months and replaced every 6 or 7 years, I'm on my third one now. Main problem is that your heart starts to get lazy after a while and won't pump as efficiently as it should. They fixed that in me by going to a three wire pacemaker. You also get put on a blood thinner like coumadin or pradaxa. Stay away from the coumadin if at all possible, that stuff needs constant monitoring and it's easy to get screwed up protimes with it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2015-11-22, 09:06

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Shit, that's happened to me twice in the last year. If I go get that checked and don't have the symptoms at the time can they tell?

They'll probably send you home with a holter monitor. It records what's going on with your heart over a 24 hour period. Usually something will show up within the twenty four hours if it's severe enough to matter.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-11-22, 09:07

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

To tell you the truth I don't know. I think they can with an EKG or a 24 hour monitor you have to wear. Reading Code's description reminded me that shortness of breath is another symptom during a really bad bout of it - your heart isn't pumping properly so you feel short of breath even if you're breathing normally.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-11-22, 09:10

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Don't know about Code but when mine acts up I get a bit light headed, can often feel my heart being "fluttery" and overall weakness.  Mine first surfaced in my early 30's so I've lived with it on meds for 25 years, no pacemaker yet but 2 heart attacks over a decade apart from it.

Depends on if you're in A-Fib all the time like me.  They will do an EKG and they will see it.  That's how they found mine.  The doc was listening to my heart during the physical and thought it sounded weird, so he hooked me up to the EKG and the rest is history. I did have to do the heart monitor thing for like 48 hours. That's when they found that my heart stopped beating for a second or 2 at a time quite often.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-11-22, 09:13

Thanks I'm going this week.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next