Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

+22
Jake from State Farm
DWags
Rocinante
DroppedByADime
SpartanInNH
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
I.B. Fine
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
Ass Dan
Cym Jim
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
InTenSity
Turtleneck
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? Empty Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-14, 21:29

I know that poster Nigel is a Star Trek guy. He is probably protesting and wearing plastic Spock ears this weekend. How about the rest of you?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-14, 21:35

I'll go in a few weeks.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? Empty Re: Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend?

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-14, 21:44

InTenSity wrote:I'll go in a few weeks.

I need you to go Friday, film it with your phone, and then post it here. Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-14, 21:54

One of my suppliers rented a theater the day before the official opening, Thursday I think, for a private screening and invited me to bring my family, so we're going to that. Otherwise, I'd wait till it came out on blu ray.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2015-12-14, 21:56

Code_Warrior wrote:One of my suppliers rented a theater the day before the official opening, Thursday I think, for a private screening and invited me to bring my family, so we're going to that. Otherwise, I'd wait till it came out on blu ray.

That's cool. Are we invited?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-14, 21:59

Turtleneck wrote:
Code_Warrior wrote:One of my suppliers rented a theater the day before the official opening, Thursday I think, for a private screening and invited me to bring my family, so we're going to that. Otherwise, I'd wait till it came out on blu ray.

You can bring as many family members as you have guns in the house. Pertekt.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-12-14, 22:01

No but I did borrow the Blu-Rays of the originals to watch with my kid. Not sure he's going to be into it but we'll see.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-14, 22:02

I have the 6 movies on Blu-ray.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-14, 22:09

Turtleneck wrote:

Nope. I had to specify the number of spots in advance. All taken up by my family. Sorry guys.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-12-14, 22:11

InTenSity wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You can bring as many family members as you have guns in the house. Pertekt.
Damn, I'm going to have to buy some guns fast.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-12-14, 22:12

InTenSity wrote:I have the 6 movies on Blu-ray.

Is that like lazer disc?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-14, 22:14

I've always refused to watch 1-2-3.....my sons are determined to get me stoned and watch those with them. I guess maybe I should before I see 7.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-14, 22:41

LooseGoose wrote:I've always refused to watch 1-2-3.....my sons are determined to get me stoned and watch those with them. I guess maybe I should before I see 7.

There is a fan theory out there. I haven't seen it or read it. This theory is that Jar Jar Binks is the most powerful Sith lord out there.
Jar Jar a Sith lord?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-12-14, 23:58

Star Wars has been terrible for the majority of the series and I can't get excited about a reboot.

I'm gonna see the Tina Fey movie with my girlfriend instead, should be pretty funny and I won't have to sit next to some kid in a Star Wars themed outfit having a quasi sexual experience watching chewbacka make a cameo.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2015-12-14, 23:59

LooseGoose wrote:I've always refused to watch 1-2-3.....my sons are determined to get me stoned and watch those with them. I guess maybe I should before I see 7.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet..
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-15, 00:01

I'm going to see it on Friday with my nephews. They are very excited to have the whole family there. If it were just me I'd wait a few weeks.

Speaking of movies, i just saw Creed. Awesome flick if you like Rocky movies. I'd call it better than any of the rocky sequels, outside of maybe 2 (probably. Maybe. I don't know. I'll have to see it again to decide.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-12-15, 00:03

3 is a good movie but it gets lumped in with the other two too often. The other two aren't very good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-15, 01:44

I'll wait until the theater isn't overcrowded with little shits
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-12-15, 02:57

Tell those little fuckers that that's a waste of weed. Nobody needs to see I-III. Make them get stoned and watch Back to the Future with you. Then get high as fuck and see Episode VII. No prequel bullshit required.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-12-15, 03:00

Cameron wrote:

Tell those little fuckers that that's a waste of weed. Nobody needs to see I-III. Make them get stoned and watch Back to the Future with you. Then get high as fuck and see Episode VII. No prequel bullshit required.

At the most, make them queue up the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan light saber fight in Episode III and watch from there. Everything else is ridiculously superfluous.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2015-12-15, 03:05

Nice!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2015-12-15, 03:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Nice!

You know better than to encourage anyone to see the prequels, for shame...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-15, 08:17

I'm not kidding when I say I'd rather watch dust collect than sit through a movie like Star Trek.

I've never seen any of the Star Trek movies.. same with Star Wars, etc - just not my kind of thing.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-15, 08:38

JJ Abrams did a terrible job with Stsr Trek IMO so I'm not too wild about his reboot of Star Wars.

Star Wars happened in the late 70s up to the mid 80s. Those days are gone and it will never be the same.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2015-12-15, 08:43

steveschneider wrote:JJ Abrams did a terrible job with Stsr Trek IMO so I'm not too wild about his reboot of  Star Wars.

Star Wars happened in the late 70s up to the mid 80s. Those days are gone and it will never be the same.

I think the first two reboots were better than the TOS movies, except for Wrath of Khan.  Wrath of Khan is still the benchmark against which all Star Trek movies should be judged. I never cared much for Picard and his crew, either on TV or in the movies.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-12-15, 08:46

gHost Spartan wrote:I'm having minor surgery on Thursday and so I'll be off work recovering on Friday. I'm thinking of going then, in the morning, in a hazy percocet hangover.
vasectomy?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2015-12-15, 10:52

Ass Dan wrote:Star Wars has been terrible for the majority of the series and I can't get excited about a reboot.

I'm gonna see the Tina Fey movie with my girlfriend instead, should be pretty funny and I won't have to sit next to some kid in a Star Wars themed outfit having a quasi sexual experience watching chewbacka make a cameo.

This sounds awful
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-15, 11:15

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:JJ Abrams did a terrible job with Stsr Trek IMO so I'm not too wild about his reboot of  Star Wars.

I think the first two reboots were better than the TOS movies, except for Wrath of Khan.  Wrath of Khan is still the benchmark against which all Star Trek movies should be judged. I never cared much for Picard and his crew, either on TV or in the movies.

I do think the 80's Star Trek movies were step back form the original TV show, but I thought they were good. I agree with you the WRath Of Khan is the best one.

I thought Abrams just turned the franchise into a modern action packed Hollywood franchise. Star Trek was just so unique and I think the finer points were totally lost on him.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-15, 11:28

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The whale one was ok too.

I liked TNG after season 2-3....season 1 sucked....and the less of Wesley Crusher the better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-15, 11:40

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm going to see it on Friday with my nephews. They are very excited to have the whole family there. If it were just me I'd wait a few weeks.

Speaking of movies, i just saw Creed. Awesome flick if you like Rocky movies. I'd call it better than any of the rocky sequels, outside of maybe 2 (probably. Maybe. I don't know. I'll have to see it again to decide.)

Good to know regarding Creed, I've been curious to check that one out. Seems like one of the better attempts to reboot an old franchise while adding something new and worthwhile to the story line.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-12-15, 11:41

Going Thursday night. My daughter (9) is really into Star Wars, as are my nephews (13 and 8). Seeing it on Cinemark's XD screen (which is kind of like IMAX, though maybe not quite as big). I wouldn't have gone opening night if not for them. I did when the prequels came out, but I was a lot younger then. Still, it was an experience, and with all the hype and excitement, the geeks dressing up, people cheering when the opening theme starts, etc., the kids will get a kick out of the whole thing, I think. It's a very unique thing, and it's pretty cool watching them get hyped up for it.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2015-12-15, 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

The whale one was ok too.

I liked TNG after season 2-3....season 1 sucked....and the less of Wesley Crusher the better.

The back story behind the first movie series is kind of interesting. Nimoy directed most of them, and then Shatners massive ego got in the way. He directed the last one and destroyed it.

I liked the search for spock, and the whale one as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-12-15, 11:58

Cameron wrote:
Cameron wrote:

At the most, make them queue up the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan light saber fight in Episode III and watch from there. Everything else is ridiculously superfluous.
Yes, kind of, though Episode III as a whole was decent even before that fight, with the full turn to the dark side, the clones turning on the Jedi, Anakin slaughtering the children.

I know people hate the prequels, but in the big picture they fit the overall story well, in that it gave a lot of backstory on the characters that we knew. Yes, the guy who played grown up Anakin is a shitty actor, but so was Mark Hamil. Jar Jar was an abomination, but at least they learned from that and barely had him in Episodes II and III. The story lines of Anakin as a kid, and as a grown up and his relationship with Amidala was boring, but it kind of had to be told. I'm not sure any real love story would have done well in what is supposed to be action movies (even in the originals, the Han/Leia love story was a pretty minor plot point, and the development of it was more hinted at, rather than shown). Having said that, the Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Chancellor/Emperor storylines and scenes were all much better, IMO. I think it goes to show how much good actors can make a difference.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-15, 12:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Yes, kind of, though Episode III as a whole was decent even before that fight, with the full turn to the dark side, the clones turning on the Jedi, Anakin slaughtering the children.

I know people hate the prequels, but in the big picture they fit the overall story well, in that it gave a lot of backstory on the characters that we knew. Yes, the guy who played grown up Anakin is a shitty actor, but so was Mark Hamil. Jar Jar was an abomination, but at least they learned from that and barely had him in Episodes II and III. The story lines of Anakin as a kid, and as a grown up and his relationship with Amidala was boring, but it kind of had to be told. I'm not sure any real love story would have done well in what is supposed to be action movies (even in the originals, the Han/Leia love story was a pretty minor plot point, and the development of it was more hinted at, rather than shown). Having said that, the Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Chancellor/Emperor storylines and scenes were all much better, IMO. I think it goes to show how much good actors can make a difference.

Don't forget the Yoda fight scene
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-12-15, 16:31

steveschneider wrote:JJ Abrams did a terrible job with Stsr Trek IMO so I'm not too wild about his reboot of Star Wars.

Uhh, Abrams did something great for Star Trek: Make it cool and interesting. It was fucking boring. This is coming from a person who has seen all of the ST movies.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-12-15, 17:05

Death Roe wrote:

Uhh, Abrams did something great for Star Trek: Make it cool and interesting. It was fucking boring. This is coming from a person who has seen all of the ST movies.

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I saw the trailer for the 3rd movie. Still no Klingons. Where the fuck are the Klingons?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2015-12-15, 19:32

The New York Times @nytimes
The consensus at the "Force Awakens" premiere: Dramatically better than the prequels http://nyti.ms/1NnW5FF

Daily Kos Elections ‏@DKElections
That's like my doctor saying my cough is dramatically better than the plague

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2015-12-15, 22:01

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

I'm not a huge Star Trek fan, but I saw the trailer for the 3rd movie. Still no Klingons. Where the fuck are the Klingons?

The Klingons were seen briefly near the beginning of Into Darkness. They were fighting Khan.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2015-12-16, 21:05

LooseGoose wrote:The New York Times @nytimes
The consensus at the "Force Awakens" premiere: Dramatically better than the prequels http://nyti.ms/1NnW5FF

Daily Kos Elections ‏@DKElections
That's like my doctor saying my cough is dramatically better than the plague

Anybody going to see the new Star Wars this weekend? 1966794946 Kinda my reaction to the whole thing. I saw the real ones in the theater in the 70's-80's, saw one crapfest in the theater in the ... 2000's? and swore I'd never do that to myself again.

Oh, and as to the Star Trek (original cast) movies, the rule of thumb is even numbered movie = good movie, odd numbered movie = unutterable piece of crap. I have seen 1 TNG movie, thought it was meh. Wouldn't recommend it, or go to any others.

Star Trek reboot was pretty cool for the first one, sucked donkey dick for the second (truly disappointing), and ..... Don't even know if they've done a third. That's how much I care.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DroppedByADime 2015-12-16, 21:18

I saw the original and the empire strikes back. Maybe a third if there was. With the fuckers partying in the trees after ?

All the shit since can fuck off. Only geeks would consider more than three of that movie. For fucks sake
DroppedByADime
DroppedByADime
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next