Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico?

+3
The Pantry
DWags
Duke Silver
7 posters

Go down

Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico? Empty Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico?

Post by Duke Silver 2015-12-24, 12:01

It has recently came to my attention that my brother in law went out and got his passport so he could travel to Puerto Rico.For those of you who did not pass 4th grade geography class PR is part of the USA and flying to Puerto Rico from Michigan is no different than flying to Florida from Michigan.

I personally think this is stupidity of legendary proportions and will tease him for life, what do my fellow swillsters think?

Last edited by Duke Silver on 2015-12-24, 12:57; edited 2 times in total
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico? Empty Re: Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico?

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 12:06

Duke Silver wrote:It has recently came to my attention that my brother in law went out and got his passport so he could travel to Puerto Rico.For those of you who did not pass 4th grade geography class PR is part of the USA and flying to Puerto Rico from Michigan is no different than flying to Florida from Michigan.

I personally think this is stupidity of legendary proportions and will tease him for life, what do my fellow swillsters think?

Yeah, pretty dumb, but here is my dumb question that trumps your BIL. I have an enhanced license. In laws have one of those time shares down in St. Martaan, I haven't been down to it, and the wife and kids always take the passports My question is, where can I go with my enhanced license without a passport? What does that entail for travel without the passport and why should I even have one?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico? Empty Re: Am I crazy for thinking my BIL is a moron for thinking he needed a passport for to travel to Puerto Rico?

Post by Guest 2015-12-24, 12:10

DWags wrote:
Duke Silver wrote:It has recently came to my attention that my brother in law went out and got his passport so he could travel to Puerto Rico.For those of you who did not pass 4th grade geography class PR is part of the USA and flying to Puerto Rico from Michigan is no different than flying to Florida from Michigan.

Yeah, pretty dumb, but here is my dumb question that trumps your BIL. I have an enhanced license. In laws have one of those time shares down in St. Martaan, I haven't been down to it, and the wife and kids always take the passports My question is, where can I go with my enhanced license without a passport? What does that entail for travel without the passport and why should I even have one?

Take your Glock. If anyone asks for a passport just flash them a look at it with "This is all the passport I need" - problem solved.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2015-12-24, 12:10

DWags wrote:

Enhanced license allows you to drive over the Canadian and Mexican borders, only. Need a passport to fly to either one.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2015-12-24, 12:24

The Pantry wrote:
DWags wrote:

Enhanced license allows you to drive over the Canadian and Mexican borders, only. Need a passport to fly to either one.

I believe they would also work for entering Caribbean islands if you travel via ship, though I would check with the Secretary of State and your cruise line before moving forward as such.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2015-12-24, 12:31

Duke Silver wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Enhanced license allows you to drive over the Canadian and Mexican borders, only. Need a passport to fly to either one.

I believe they would also work for entering Caribbean islands if you travel via ship, though I would check with the Secretary of State and your cruise line before moving forward as such.

Yeah, wife and I say "get in case we go to Canada" like we used to many years ago when we were young and fun to be with. Now, it's a nice chair and drink on Saturday. we pay for it, for our kids too, but shit, I'd never go anywhere else besides Canada without my passport. Too many rules to follow. Probably shouldn't even get the enhanced.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2015-12-24, 12:32

I knew someone at State back in the mid-80s who tried getting her Michigan driver's license and register her change of address from some place in Rhode Island. The SOS counter jockey insisted she show her country's passport. The conversation last several minutes, and only finished with the manager telling the counter person that it was okay to process because Rhode Island is "considered a part of the U.S." My friend was understandably disgusted, considering little Rhody is one of the original 13.

There are fools and idiots everywhere, and every generation has them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2015-12-24, 13:00

Wait, you telling me you don't need a passport to get into Florida?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2015-12-24, 13:08

I.B. Fine wrote:

Wait, you telling me you don't need a passport to get into Florida?
Florida no. Miami, yes. I live in Kendall, or as I call it, North Cuba.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-12-24, 13:25

Any time you come back into the US proper, it's best to have as much identification as possible. Even from a US territory. It's getting back here that's the issue, not going out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Silver 2015-12-24, 14:15

Rocinante wrote:Any time you come back into the US proper, it's best to have as much identification as possible. Even from a US territory. It's getting back here that's the issue, not going out.

Well that may be in other cases it does not apply in this instance as you never left the USA, so there is not getting back in.
Duke Silver
Duke Silver
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down