Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

+6
DWags
tTy
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
DoogieHouser
Turtleneck
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-15, 09:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I have to admit, Bob. This kind of thinking is very troubling and dangerous.
but you're a gun nut (I don't mean that as a personal attack), so the fact that you find it troubling actually makes me feel good about it.

I've never even owned a gun, Bob. I haven't even shot one since I was 12 in Boy Scouts (city boy problems). But if finding the thought process that "*any action* that can lead to saving lives from gun violence is a good thing" is a dangerous precedent to set makes me a gun nut... Then I'm the head of the NRA.

I support your right not to own a gun just as tenaciously as I support someone else's right to own a gun, Bob. I wouldn't want anyone telling you what tools you need to keep in your home and that you need to get permission from a group of people. The same group of people that will send guys with guns to your house if they find out you're not getting their permission from them. There's no inconsistencies there, of course.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL!

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 11:05

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:but you're a gun nut (I don't mean that as a personal attack), so the fact that you find it troubling actually makes me feel good about it.

I've never even owned a gun, Bob. I haven't even shot one since I was 12 in Boy Scouts (city boy problems). But if finding the thought process that "*any action* that can lead to saving lives from gun violence is a good thing" is a dangerous precedent to set makes me a gun nut... Then I'm the head of the NRA.

I support your right not to own a gun just as tenaciously as I support someone else's right to own a gun, Bob. I wouldn't want anyone telling you what tools you need to keep in your home and that you need to get permission from a group of people. The same group of people that will send guys with guns to your house if they find out you're not getting their permission from them. There's no inconsistencies there, of course.
and the same group of people who think anyone and everyone should own guns are the same group of people who try to limit someone's right to vote, demand what women can do and not do with their own bodies, advocate for/against certain marital freedoms, decide who can and who can't enter the country, want to mandate what religion should be promoted within our schools, etc.

it all boils down to what aspects of freedom can be sacrificed in the name of the greater good. Some people think that our freedom is threatened when someone has the right to marry someone else. I happen to think our freedom is threatened when someone walks into an elementary school and murders 21 first graders.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-15, 11:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

and the same group of people who think anyone and everyone should own guns are the same group of people who try to limit someone's right to vote, demand what women can do and not do with their own bodies, advocate for/against certain marital freedoms, decide who can and who can't enter the country, want to mandate what religion should be promoted within our schools, etc.

it all boils down to what aspects of freedom can be sacrificed in the name of the greater good. Some people think that our freedom is threatened when someone has the right to marry someone else. I happen to think our freedom is threatened when someone walks into an elementary school and murders 21 first graders.

I'm sure there are many people who believe those things... But I'm just not sure what that has to do with the philosophical argument we're having with regards to initiating the threat of violence against everyone in a bid to try and stop a small number of people from initiating violence on others.

As for your second part... I'm not sure that's an intellectually honest assessment of the beliefs of those who harbor them. I've never heard someone who wants to limit the marriage options of others do so on the basis that a gay couples ability to marry inhibits the freedoms of others... I've seen religious and political justifications trying to be made.

Yes, people who are killed by others whether it be a gun or knife or bomb or whatever are having their freedom's curtailed in a very permanent way. But what does that have to do with me or anyone else that isn't doing the killing? Why do you want to initiate force and the threat of violence on me because of the violent actions of someone else?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 11:53

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and the same group of people who think anyone and everyone should own guns are the same group of people who try to limit someone's right to vote, demand what women can do and not do with their own bodies, advocate for/against certain marital freedoms, decide who can and who can't enter the country, want to mandate what religion should be promoted within our schools, etc.

I'm sure there are many people who believe those things... But I'm just not sure what that has to do with the philosophical argument we're having with regards to initiating the threat of violence against everyone in a bid to try and stop a small number of people from initiating violence on others.

As for your second part... I'm not sure that's an intellectually honest assessment of the beliefs of those who harbor them. I've never heard someone who wants to limit the marriage options of others do so on the basis that a gay couples ability to marry inhibits the freedoms of others... I've seen religious and political justifications trying to be made.

Yes, people who are killed by others whether it be a gun or knife or bomb or whatever are having their freedom's curtailed in a very permanent way. But what does that have to do with me or anyone else that isn't doing the killing? Why do you want to initiate force and the threat of violence on me because of the violent actions of someone else?
we can see it differently.. it's cool with me.

and, no offense, obviously - because I know you mean well - but nobody will ever convince me of the idea that making guns easier to obtain is the answer to gun violence.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-15, 12:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

we can see it differently.. it's cool with me.

and, no offense, obviously - because I know you mean well - but nobody will ever convince me of the idea that making guns easier to obtain is the answer to gun violence.

I don't think making guns easier to obtain is the answer to gun violence, Bob. That's not my argument. My opinion on rights is a reaction stemming from efforts of a group of people trying to initiate force on everyone else.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 12:06

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:we can see it differently.. it's cool with me.

I don't think making guns easier to obtain is the answer to gun violence, Bob. That's not my argument. My opinion on rights is a reaction stemming from efforts of a group of people trying to initiate force on everyone else.
meh.. I have no problem with establishing limitations on who should and should not own a gun.

I don't really know how else to put it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-15, 12:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Were the tears real?
he needs to stop crying for murdered children and start crying for our freedoms that are being taken away.

So are you cool with limiting all "freedoms" that kill children, or just those related to guns?  It may be kinda important to me....

Sincerely,
Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 Fetus
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 12:19

Son of Sparta wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
he needs to stop crying for murdered children and start crying for our freedoms that are being taken away.

So are you cool with limiting all "freedoms" that kill children, or just those related to guns?  It may be kinda important to me....

Sincerely,
agree completely. Which is why I'm pro-life.

sickeningly consistent, right?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-15, 12:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

meh.. I have no problem with establishing limitations on who should and should not own a gun.

Bob, I understand your position completely. No misunderstands... We disagree based on some philosophical differences, not a misunderstanding of each other's positions.. I just like to argue with people and you're fun to argue with because you don't get pissy like a lot of people do and you engage in a humorous manner. I appreciate that about you and I wish more people were like that. I tend to gravitate towards individuals I disagree with (to a point). It's boring when you agree with someone about nearly everything.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 12:37

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. I have no problem with establishing limitations on who should and should not own a gun.

Bob, I understand your position completely. No misunderstands... We disagree based on some philosophical differences, not a misunderstanding of each other's positions.. I just like to argue with people and you're fun to argue with because you don't get pissy like a lot of people do and you engage in a humorous manner. I appreciate that about you and I wish more people were like that. I tend to gravitate towards individuals I disagree with (to a point). It's boring when you agree with someone about nearly everything.
thanks, man.. I feel the same way about you.

(I think, that if we lived in Kentucky, that this public display of admiration might mean we're married.. or at least engaged... just don't tell Kim Davis)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-15, 13:28

I'm just glad Michigan is a little more friendly towards people like us who were "born this way."
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-15, 13:42

xsanguine wrote:I'm just glad Michigan is a little more friendly towards people like us who were "born this way."
Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-18, 08:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Son of Sparta wrote:

Sincerely,

Awesome sauce!  

So who is/are the pro-life candidate(s) that you support that help you stay sickeningly consistent?
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 09:31

Son of Sparta wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Awesome sauce!  

So who is/are the pro-life candidate(s) that you support that help you stay sickeningly consistent?

Having a candidate that aligns with your own views 100% is impossible, unless you're a sheep who just listens to whatever a certain party tells you. You have to prioritize. I'm going to guess that abortion rights falls down the list of important priorities for a mid to late 40s guy who is unlikely to be put into a situation like that anyway.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-18, 10:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Son of Sparta wrote:

Awesome sauce!  

Having a candidate that aligns with your own views 100% is impossible, unless you're a sheep who just listens to whatever a certain party tells you. You have to prioritize. I'm going to guess that abortion rights falls down the list of important priorities for a mid to late 40s guy who is unlikely to be put into a situation like that anyway.

Perhaps..

But if one is sickeningly consistent in one's views, so much so that limiting freedoms that kill children is a high priority, one would think that one would prioritize and side with candidates that avoid the killing of as many children as possible. I am fairly certain that child gun deaths are vastly outstripped by incidents of abortion.. for instance, in 2010, there were 31,076 total gun deaths for all ages vs 765,761 abortions in the same year.

So yeah, I agree with your idea of prioritizing.

You know, to stay sickeningly consistent..
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-18, 11:40

Son of Sparta wrote:

Perhaps..

But if one is sickeningly consistent in one's views, so much so that limiting freedoms that kill children is a high priority, one would think that one would prioritize and side with candidates that avoid the killing of as many children as possible. I am fairly certain that child gun deaths are vastly outstripped by incidents of abortion.. for instance, in 2010, there were 31,076 total gun deaths for all ages vs 765,761 abortions in the same year.

And which candidate (which was your question) is going to support his stance on both of those issues? and a whole bevy of like 50 other issues?

None of them. But maybe he can hit on like 40 of them but not that one. Most people don't make abortion their number one priority. Some do. Most don't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-18, 11:54

Son of Sparta wrote:

Perhaps..

Not to mention one is very deliberate in its aims to end the life of an infant with pre-meditation and the other is just a byproduct of its existence.

At least we know now that he won't be voting for Hillary or Bernie. They're infanticidal maniacs!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-19, 07:30

Son of Sparta wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Awesome sauce!  

I know of no politician that is pro-life. If you know of one, let me know.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Sparta 2016-01-19, 17:01

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Son of Sparta wrote:

Awesome sauce!  

I know of no politician that is pro-life. If you know of one, let me know.

Maybe our sticking point is definitional....how are you defining "pro-life"?
Son of Sparta
Son of Sparta
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-19, 17:39

Son of Sparta wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I know of no politician that is pro-life. If you know of one, let me know.

I applaud your persistence but I fear the effort will prove futile. Been trying to nail this guy down to an intellectually honest answer for years now... the guy is like Bill Clinton and is married to a lawyer. He's skill level 120 in evasive answering.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-01-19, 17:40

Still love you, though, Bob. Long thyme.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-20, 08:01

Son of Sparta wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I know of no politician that is pro-life. If you know of one, let me know.

I define someone who isn't in favor of killing someone as "pro life".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-20, 08:02

xsanguine wrote:Still love you, though, Bob. Long thyme.
right back at ya, bro.. Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2016-02-06, 07:08

xsanguine wrote:
Son of Sparta wrote:

I applaud your persistence but I fear the effort will prove futile. Been trying to nail this guy down to an intellectually honest answer for years now... the guy is like Bill Clinton and is married to a lawyer. He's skill level 120 in evasive answering.

Bob is for gun control and against abortions. I don't see how much more honest he can be. He scales them on the same level, which is why he jokes about being morally consistent. I'm with him on this.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-06, 10:38

msugolfguy wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Bob is for gun control and against abortions. I don't see how much more honest he can be. He scales them on the same level, which is why he jokes about being morally consistent. I'm with him on this.

It's all consistent, honestly. I just like to give Bob a hard time often... even when I agree with him I have to play devil's advocate.

People are for or against gun control and abortion for reasons that don't have much to do with one another so trying to compare them was probably a bit ambitious.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-08, 09:35

msugolfguy wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

thanks, man.. you're a great American.

it's difficult sometimes to value life.. every life has value no matter what a politician or a special interest group might make you believe otherwise.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-08, 09:36

xsanguine wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

It's all consistent, honestly. I just like to give Bob a hard time often... even when I agree with him I have to play devil's advocate.

People are for or against gun control and abortion for reasons that don't have much to do with one another so trying to compare them was probably a bit ambitious.
as I mentioned, I think every life has value.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-08, 22:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

as I mentioned, I think every life has value.

I'm closer to where you are, Bob, with regards to abortion. I am pro-choice in what I believe the truest sense of what that phrase means; Barring extreme circumstances I'm probably not going to give my blessing to an abortion (in the event my opinion matters) but I don't feel qualified to make that decision for someone else and the option should be legally available for those who do feel that is their best option.

I guess that means I'm pro-kill-em-all.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 08:03

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:as I mentioned, I think every life has value.

I'm closer to where you are, Bob, with regards to abortion. I am pro-choice in what I believe the truest sense of what that phrase means; Barring extreme circumstances I'm probably not going to give my blessing to an abortion (in the event my opinion matters) but I don't feel qualified to make that decision for someone else and the option should be legally available for those who do feel that is their best option.

I'm pro-life.. but I'm not arrogant enough to promote legislation that would make people agree with me. I support everyone's right to have their opinion on a subject, regardless of what I believe.

I know it's naive and unrealistic, but I don't want the religious-inspired government to tell people what to think - whether it's in the area of abortion or the death penalty. I want people to support politicians who are consistently pro-life because it's what is in their heart. More of a culture shift versus a government mandate.

I realize it won't happen - but that doesn't mean I can't live in my bubble of hope. Wink
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2016-02-09, 08:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm pro-life.. but I'm not arrogant enough to promote legislation that would make people agree with me. I support everyone's right to have their opinion on a subject, regardless of what I believe.

I know it's naive and unrealistic, but I don't want the religious-inspired government to tell people what to think - whether it's in the area of abortion or the death penalty. I want people to support politicians who are consistently pro-life because it's what is in their heart. More of a culture shift versus a government mandate.

I realize it won't happen - but that doesn't mean I can't live in my bubble of hope. Wink

Hey they took away butt sex this week, so we have that going for us.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 08:29

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 502811600

I just want government out of my life.. which is why I vote republican.. and, of course, republicans promptly pass legislation imposing government on my life.

scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2016-02-09, 08:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 502811600

I just want government out of my life.. which is why I vote republican.. and, of course, republicans promptly pass legislation imposing government on my life.

scratch

Couldn't make this stuff up anymore if I tried. I was talking to a friend of mine and we tried to think of the most reasonable yet ridiculous law we could pass. We couldn't come close to anything that silly. We just laughed.

Clearly this one was probably thought their own. No special interest group would waste time on this.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 08:53

msugolfguy wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 502811600

scratch

Couldn't make this stuff up anymore if I tried. I was talking to a friend of mine and we tried to think of the most reasonable yet ridiculous law we could pass. We couldn't come close to anything that silly. We just laughed.

Clearly this one was probably thought their own. No special interest group would waste time on this.
can you imagine all of these uptight white dudes sittin' around in a committee talking about this stuff.. then deciding what should and shouldn't be illegal based on their own homoerotic tendencies that neither their wife nor mistress knows about?

I bet they prayed beforehand..  Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 11:38

You guys, the statute of limitations has expired on believing and pushing the media narrative (unless you're a #BlackLivesMatter person then just shout down people trying to present facts, works every time). Everyone has gotten the correct information (albeit a day later). Republicans are pretty dumb but unfortunately they didn't introduce a bill banning sodomy like HuffPo, Jezebel, and Salon have sold.

It's sad because it's believable... But it's just not true in this particular case. I'm sorry because I want to be the bearer of good news, not bad.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-09, 12:23

xsanguine wrote:You guys, the statute of limitations has expired on believing and pushing the media narrative (unless you're a #BlackLivesMatter person then just shout down people trying to present facts, works every time). Everyone has gotten the correct information (albeit a day later). Republicans are pretty dumb but unfortunately they didn't introduce a bill banning sodomy like HuffPo, Jezebel, and Salon have sold.

It's sad because it's believable... But it's just not true in this particular case. I'm sorry because I want to be the bearer of good news, not bad.

"Sec. 158. (1) Any A person who shall commit COMMITS the abominable and detestable crime against nature either with mankind or with any animal shall be IS guilty of a felony , punishable by imprisonment in the state prison FOR not more than 15 years, or if such person THE DEFENDANT was A SEXUALLY DELINQUENT PERSON at the time of the said offense, a sexually delinquent person, may be A FELONY punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for an indeterminate term, the minimum of which shall be 1 day and the maximum of which shall be life."
was introduced January 28th, 2016..

these anti-government republicans threw "mankind" along in there with other carbon-based lifeforms you can't participate in abominable and destestable crimes against nature with.  Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-09, 19:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:You guys, the statute of limitations has expired on believing and pushing the media narrative (unless you're a #BlackLivesMatter person then just shout down people trying to present facts, works every time). Everyone has gotten the correct information (albeit a day later). Republicans are pretty dumb but unfortunately they didn't introduce a bill banning sodomy like HuffPo, Jezebel, and Salon have sold.

"Sec. 158. (1) Any A person who shall commit COMMITS the abominable and detestable crime against nature either with mankind or with any animal shall be IS guilty of a felony , punishable by imprisonment in the state prison FOR not more than 15 years, or if such person THE DEFENDANT was A SEXUALLY DELINQUENT PERSON at the time of the said offense, a sexually delinquent person, may be A FELONY punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for an indeterminate term, the minimum of which shall be 1 day and the maximum of which shall be life."

these anti-government republicans threw "mankind" along in there with other carbon-based lifeforms you can't participate in abominable and destestable crimes against nature with.  Obama...Executive Action...GUN CONTROL! - Page 2 2599972566

That language has been there since at least 1890. What was amended was the animal abuse stuff.

You could make a case that they should be fighting to take it out... but you could be making that case for the last 130 years. That's a lot of people to be upset with.

It's not new.

Claim: The state of Michigan has passed a law banning oral and anal sex: mostly false
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-10, 08:04

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

That language has been there since at least 1890. What was amended was the animal abuse stuff.

You could make a case that they should be fighting to take it out... but you could be making that case for the last 130 years. That's a lot of people to be upset with.

It's not new.

Claim: The state of Michigan has passed a law banning oral and anal sex: mostly false
meh - regardless of semantics, the over-arching principle remains true: Republicans are a party of big government.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-10, 21:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

It's not new.

meh - regardless of semantics, the over-arching principle remains true: Republicans are a party of big government.

I think we should hold both of the parties of big government responsible for not amending it at some point over the last 15 years as a symbolic gensture.

It doesn't really matter, though, because of Lawrence v Texas 539 US 558. Probably why no one does the leg work to get it done because it's a moot point.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-11, 07:55

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I think we should hold both of the parties of big government responsible for not amending it at some point over the last 15 years as a symbolic gensture.

It doesn't really matter, though, because of Lawrence v Texas 539 US 558. Probably why no one does the leg work to get it done because it's a moot point.
yep - both political parties love big government. No doubt about it.

it's just that republicans have somehow managed to convince their intellectually vapid followers that they should want government out of their lives.. all while increasing the size of government.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-11, 08:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

yep - both political parties love big government. No doubt about it.

it's just that republicans have somehow managed to convince their intellectually vapid followers that they should want government out of their lives.. all while increasing the size of government.

I'd appreciate government out of life, also. That's why I don't vote... Because every candidate and every political party, by definition, wants their brand of control in your life somehow.

There's no such thing as a political party that wants to be smaller or less involved. It's an oxymoron. Like fucking for virginity... Or something.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next