Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

+32
The_Dude
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
gomersbro
MiamiSpartan
tMysterious #4
tig ol bitties
duffy munn
Giant Moose
Watch Out Pylon!
tTy
Jake from State Farm
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
NigelUno
WhiteBoyHatcher
Ass Dan
SpartanInNH
Tim Wakefield
steveschneider
Heat Miser
The Pantry
DoogieHouser
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Travis of the Cosmos
36 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-07, 12:51

You just know DeWeaver is the best.
Its because he hasn't seen any game action or even put on a helmet in practice.

Corley lengthened his recruiting and the longer it goes the more teams are going to tell him what they think he wants to hear. Urban Meyer is also going after a umaa 4*WR verbal. Looks like all the players leaving early means lots of open scholarships.

It would be nice if Dantonio and staff can pull out some late surprises like they did last season but this class isn't going to succeed or fail because of one 4* WR LOI.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 5 Empty Re: tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-07, 13:06

GRR Spartan wrote:You just know DeWeaver is the best.

Corley lengthened his recruiting and the longer it goes the more teams are going to tell him what they think he wants to hear. Urban Meyer is also going after a umaa 4*WR verbal. Looks like all the players leaving early means lots of open scholarships.

It would be nice if Dantonio and staff can pull out some late surprises like they did last season but this class isn't going to succeed or fail because of one 4* WR LOI.

I gotta agree. He's just a 4 star. wasn't arnette a four star? No biggy if he goes elsewhere. Sounds like he's not going green anyway
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-07, 13:09

Bob says we need Corley though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-07, 13:10

NigelUno wrote:

We don't need him. I want him though
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 13:11

NigelUno wrote:

it's true.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-01-07, 13:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

it's true.

But it's nice to have the luxury of 3 fine wideouts in the fold already. I'm more concerned about offensive linemen.
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 14:07

Is that in addition to this, or same kid? Either way, Meyer is really getting after these recruits down the stretch.

Ohio State is still looking to add some talent in the secondary for the 2016 recruiting class and it seems like two more is the expectation. Coming into Wednesday, it was '16 ATH Jordan Fuller and '16 CB Damar Hamlin as the two main prospects that the Buckeyes were in pursuit of. That changed as the day went along when Ohio State sent out an offer to '16 DB Chris Evans, a Michigan commit -- and he is now right in the thick of things when it comes to possible Buckeyes when NSD 2016 comes to a conclusion.

http://www.landgrantholyland.com/2016/1/7/10726522/ohio-state-recruiting-chris-evans-damar-hamlin-jared-mayden-isaiah-pryor
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-07, 17:44

For those interested, Corley's dad was on Ebling's show today and may have dropped some clues about his destination.

https://soundcloud.com/mibigshow/the-drive-with-jack-ebling-387

1. Down to 2 schools (most think MSU and OSU are the finalists)
2. Plans on playing both ways (according to others this has been a big part of MSU's pitch, where OSU just wants him as a WR)
3. Plans to drive to campus and enroll on Monday (eliminates Tennessee pretty much)
4. Talks about how he is tight with Rico Beard. Rico has been referencing well placed anonymous sources and has stayed steadfast in his belief that the kid would be a Spartan from Day 1.

(I didn't listen, this is what people on another site are saying)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-07, 18:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For those interested, Corley's dad was on Ebling's show today and may have dropped some clues about his destination.

2. Plans on playing both ways (according to others this has been a big part of MSU's pitch, where OSU just wants him as a WR)
3. Plans to drive to campus and enroll on Monday (eliminates Tennessee pretty much)
4. Talks about how he is tight with Rico Beard. Rico has been referencing well placed anonymous sources and has stayed steadfast in his belief that the kid would be a Spartan from Day 1.

After reading this I decided to quit fucking around and become a man of action.

I've had Donnie's # for months now and hadn't used it, tonight I did. I called him, introduced myself as Turtlneck's assistant here at tSwill recruiting central. This seemed to carry quite a bit of weight with him. We engaged in quite a bit of small talk, he seemed peeved at all the "stupid fucking Trump threads" today. Mentioned that combined with BobS's overt "brown people" racism and the Gay obsessions of gHost/TanFan that the board is verging on unreadable lately. In the interest of keeping our information pipeline open I spent 10+ minutes soothing him regarding the state of tSwill. It seems he and many of the new recruits consider this the "hipper" board to read. It seems tRCMB is regarded as passe and the home of "old ass kissing fuckers". I assured him with our upcoming elections that once Guest was elected moderator things would be better here with a new sheriff in town. It was a great conversation and I can't wait for the hat ceremony on Saturday.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 19:09

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 5 502811600

I heard he was offered a free 3 month trial membership by tRCMB.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-07, 19:12

Hahahahahha Goose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 19:22

CB Hill not ready to pick between U-M, MSU, Clemson

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/01/07/lavert-hill-football-recruiting/78415238/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 19:38

Michigan State Commit Josh King Expecting Big Things in Army Bowl
http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1630496-king-expecting-big-things-in-army-bowl
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 10:05

Recruit Corley on his choice: 'I’m still not really sure'

The U.S. Army All-American Bowl, featuring the best high school seniors in the nation, will be played Saturday in San Antonio. Few, however, will be concerned about the football game.

Most of the attention will be on the four- and five-star recruits who will announce before and after commercial breaks where they plan to play in college.

The state of Michigan’s No. 1 recruit, Detroit King four-star receiver/cornerback Donnie Corley, will pick from his final four choices of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Tennessee.

“I still don’t know, I have an idea, but I’m not 100 percent sure,” Corley said in a phone interview Thursday afternoon after finishing practice. “I’m still not really sure. I’ll wake up (Saturday morning) and make up my mind. The longer I wait, the tougher it is.

“The whole recruiting process has been fun, going to different states and experiencing it with my family, having fun with my family, but the toughest thing is making up my mind. There are a lot of schools that seem to be a good fit for me.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/01/07/recruit-corley-his-choice-m-still-not-really-sure/78421266/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 11:15

Former MSU commit Jonah Morris taking a little trip to Columbus.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When Archbishop Hoban won the state title in Ohio Stadium in early December, it did it with two Ohio State commits on its roster: Four-star junior quarterback Danny Clark and four-star senior running back Todd Sibley.

Ohio State may want to add a third Hoban commit.

That third Hoban player is four-star prospect Jonah Morris, who now could be on the verge of earning an offer to join Ohio State's 2016 recruiting class after being a longtime Michigan State commit.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/01/jonah_morris_a_former_michigan.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 11:19

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For those interested, Corley's dad was on Ebling's show today and may have dropped some clues about his destination.

After reading this I decided to quit fucking around and become a man of action.

I've had Donnie's # for months now and hadn't used it, tonight I did. I called him, introduced myself as Turtlneck's assistant here at tSwill recruiting central. This seemed to carry quite a bit of weight with him. We engaged in quite a bit of small talk, he seemed peeved at all the "stupid fucking Trump threads" today. Mentioned that combined with BobS's overt "brown people" racism and the Gay obsessions of gHost/TanFan that the board is verging on unreadable lately. In the interest of keeping our information pipeline open I spent 10+ minutes soothing him regarding the state of tSwill. It seems he and many of the new recruits consider this the "hipper" board to read. It seems tRCMB is regarded as passe and the home of "old ass kissing fuckers". I assured him with our upcoming elections that once Guest was elected moderator things would be better here with a new sheriff in town. It was a great conversation and I can't wait for the hat ceremony on Saturday.

Twisted Evil
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 20:05

Follow along with MLive on Saturday as Donnie Corley announces his college choice
http://highschoolsports.mlive.com/news/article/7601332069368211340/follow-along-with-mlive-on-saturday-as-donnie-corley-announces-his-college-choice/

There will be a get together at Bob's tomorrow to follow MLive following Corley. Please leave your guns at home, but be prepared to pray.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 20:17

4 star LB decommited from Alabama Thursday. MSU was recruiting him prior to his commitment to Alabama. No word on MSU resuming their recruitment.

Jaquan Yulee had Michigan State in his top-five at one time before his commitment this past summer. The four-star inside linebacker from Chesapeake, Va., has just decommitted from Alabama and his recruitment seems to be pretty open despite him reportedly saying the Crimson Tide still lead.

http://spartanavenue.com/2016/01/08/michigan-state-recruiting-could-spartans-aim-for-jaquan-yulee/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-08, 20:29

With Corely's intention of enrolling on Monday 11 Jan 16, wherever he decides, the recruiting will be closed.

I think we can look forward to another 3 weeks of three hat monte by recruits. There is no "no" in recruiting anymore. There are coaches who are still calling players up to the minute they sign their LOI.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 20:42

Penn St decommit set to visit MSU.

Today's Penn State football news features Karamo Dioubate's post-PSU recruitment and how the Nittany Lions' TaxSlayer Bowl performance against should be viewed by fans.

Dioubate decommitted from Penn State on Thursday, which didn't come as a shock after he first expressed interest in Auburn last month. But in an interview with Scout's Brian Dohn, Dioubate's coach at Prep Charter, David Hand, hinted at the wide-open nature of his recruitment between now and National Signing Day.

"The thing is he is playing in an all-star game at the end of the month, so he only has two weekends (Jan. 15 and Jan. 22) to make visits," Hand told Scout. "He has the one set to Michigan State, so now it is about seeing if he will make one the week before that."

http://www.pennlive.com/pennstatefootball/index.ssf/2016/01/penn_state_decommit_karamo_dio.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2016-01-08, 21:09

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Lyke and DeWeaver enroll today according to Scherer.

QB battle is going to be intense in spring and fall.

I am deeply curious about Lewerke. Everybody leaves his name out with the deWeaver hype, and Damion Terry focus. Lewerke is either great, or the second coming of Andrew Maxwell, I'm dying to see which.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 09:46

SpartanInNH wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

QB battle is going to be intense in spring and fall.

I am deeply curious about Lewerke.  Everybody leaves his name out with the deWeaver hype, and Damion Terry focus.  Lewerke is either great, or the second coming of Andrew Maxwell, I'm dying to see which.  

That is why I said it would be intense. O'Connor and Terry will be pushed by Lewerke. Then add a talented freshmen, while possibly not ready to play, making enough plays to push the O'Connor, Terry, and Lewerke. Definitely looking forward to how it all shakes out. Should be fun to watch.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 09:47

Michigan State recruiting tuned in to U.S. Army All-American game, Donnie Corley
http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/michigan_state_recruiting_tune.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:32

5 reasons why 4-star WR Donnie Corley will commit to Michigan State
http://spartanavenue.com/2016/01/08/5-reasons-why-4-star-wr-donnie-corley-will-commit-to-michigan-state/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 11:25

Originally part of the 2015 class.

Michigan State football incoming freshman DL Mufi Hunt continues transition
EAST LANSING —Michigan State mid-term enrollee Mufi Hunt is soaking in his new surroundings, excited by the basketball environment he experienced at Breslin Center on Thursday night and motivated by Friday's academic orientation.

Hunt, who has grown from a 215-pound defensive end to a 260-pound combo-defensive lineman since signing day last year, said he has already seen enough to feel good about his decision to travel across country from Salt Lake City to become a Spartan.

"The atmosphere and the fans at the basketball game were great, fans talking to me and my mom and brother and they didn't even know who we were," Hunt said. "It's a family environment here, and you can really feel that."

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2016/01/michigan_state_football_incomi_1.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-01-09, 11:39

He gained 45 pounds in a year while injured? Doesn't sound like a good thing to me
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 11:57

The injury and surgery were last summer. Supposedly it's not 'post-surgery eating McDonald's' weight.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-09, 14:02

Yep, our window is closing as scUM shuts us out in Michigan recruiting.
===========

Chris Vannini ‏@ChrisVannini 11m11 minutes ago
24 commitments, and just 1 is from Michigan. (3 of 14 last year).

Alejandro Zúñiga @ByAZuniga
Michigan's class of 2016 includes recruits from Texas, Florida, Alabama, California, Indiana, New Jersey & Michigan.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-10, 05:19

King's Donnie Corley says he's going to MSU
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 5 Empty Who are the last 3-4 recruits to fill the class?

Post by DoogieHouser 2016-01-11, 11:47

Lavert Hill, Will Farniok, Prince Sammons, Miles Sanders, E.J. Price, others?
DoogieHouser
DoogieHouser
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-11, 11:56

DoogieHouser wrote:Lavert Hill, Will Farniok, Prince Sammons, Miles Sanders, E.J. Price, others?

I think maybe Lavert Hill - I'm still curious on who's leaving since we're now at 91 committed schollies.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 14:53

LooseGoose wrote:
DoogieHouser wrote:Lavert Hill, Will Farniok, Prince Sammons, Miles Sanders, E.J. Price, others?

I think maybe Lavert Hill - I'm still curious on who's leaving since we're now at 91 committed schollies.

Dantonio is leaving with Terry. They have been secretly working on an offense that only runs jet sweeps, reverses, and draw plays.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 14:57

sign me up for being "very excited"..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 15:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:sign me up for being "very excited"..

I already have signed you up. You are going to be hosting some recruits soon. I will send you the details via PM. No booze or strippers, ok?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-11, 15:25

Turtleneck wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:sign me up for being "very excited"..

I already have signed you up. You are going to be hosting some recruits soon. I will send you the details via PM. No booze or strippers, ok?
yeah, sure, sign me up - I'd love to talk about how great our fine university is with these young men.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-11, 16:31

Just updated my scholarship chart post Conklin, post Corley.   Please let me know if you see any corrections that need to be made.

I still see it as us needing 5 players either go off scholarship or transfer and that doesn't include any new additions to the incoming class.

tOfficial MSU Football Recruiting Thread: Class of 2016 - Page 5 KZBSlAD
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-11, 17:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

yeah, sure, sign me up - I'd love to talk about how great our fine university is with these young men.

Also no guns, Bob. Bibles are good but nothing too extreme.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-01-11, 17:40

LooseGoose wrote:Just updated my scholarship chart post Conklin, post Corley.   Please let me know if you see any corrections that need to be made.

I still see it as us needing 5 players either go off scholarship or transfer and that doesn't include any new additions to the incoming class.

With zero actual info... Thompkins, Fennel, Evan Jones and Meyers stick out as attrition candidates. Kilgore, Chmura and J. Williams as well. There is probably a medical DQ or two in there and maybe the 6th year guys come back not on scholarship.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-11, 18:05

Nordic wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Just updated my scholarship chart post Conklin, post Corley.   Please let me know if you see any corrections that need to be made.

With zero actual info... Thompkins, Fennel, Evan Jones and Meyers stick out as attrition candidates. Kilgore, Chmura and J. Williams as well. There is probably a medical DQ or two in there and maybe the 6th year guys come back not on scholarship.

Depending on how everything mends I wondered if Jalen Watts-Jackson might be a Medical DQ? Your list pretty much matches my speculation with the addition of Sweat who spent much of the season suspended. Salmon who has seemed to bounce around without finding a home and possibly Martinez or Harrell because they're blocked?

All of that is pure speculation since we know nothing of the inner workings.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-11, 21:56

Donnie Corley ‏@Hit_Squad9 3h3 hours ago
Finally on campus #GoGreenGoWhite #spartandawg
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next