Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities

+13
tTy
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Blanch32
Giant Moose
duffy munn
Dendrobates
Rocinante
DWags
tGreenWay
The_Dude
Turtleneck
tanfan!
17 posters

Go down

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities Empty I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 11:59

Stock market tanks, Tanny buys!!!
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities Empty Re: I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 12:00

Thank you! When I got up this morning, the first thing that crossed my mind was how Tanfan! was going to respond to the market tanking.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities Empty Re: I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities

Post by The_Dude 2016-01-05, 13:22

Look at GoPro. Trading under $20 a share. Was just over $80. BUY BUY BUY

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities 9k=
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-05, 14:40

Tanfan! wrote:Stock market tanks, Tanny buys!!!

So, you're saying to buy when stocks are low? Then what? When do I sell?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-05, 14:58

tGreenWay wrote:

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities Pl940110

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities -great10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-05, 17:34

I have an opportunity for you to buy. PM me for details. #iloveoldballs
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 17:47

Turtleneck wrote:Thank you! When I got up this morning, the first thing that crossed my mind was how Tanfan! was going to respond to the market tanking.

Now you know.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 17:51

Turtleneck wrote:Thank you! When I got up this morning, the first thing that crossed my mind was how Tanfan! was going to respond to the market tanking.

Now you know.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 17:52

Now you know In grey and white.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2016-01-05, 18:00

I hope one day I will have money to invest in something other than my 401k.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-05, 18:23

tGreenWay wrote:

After you have made a zilly. Then make sure you come here to post how about freaking smart and rich you are.

Duh.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-05, 18:38

Aren't you like 85 years old? I thought by now you were supposed to be out of stocks and into something more stable.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-05, 19:02

Dendrobates wrote:I hope one day I will have money to invest in something other than my 401k.

Sucks to be you. I've been mfg paper loses since 05
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-05, 19:12

Blanch32 wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I hope one day I will have money to invest in something other than my 401k.

Hoping the "mfg" ( whatever the fuck that is) is covering the rent.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-05, 19:58

duffy munn wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Hoping the "mfg" ( whatever the fuck that is) is covering the rent.

Doubtful. That's why he showed up on video, begging for a spot in Beer City. He needs the food and shelter.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-05, 20:15

How much does opportunity cost?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-05, 20:20

The_Dude wrote:Look at GoPro. Trading under $20 a share. Was just over $80. BUY BUY BUY

I don't know about you pricks, but I love buying opportunities 9k=

I remember when I was a young financial advisor years ago (not what I do anymore) and a guy in the office said the exact same thing, even the dollar amounts, about crocs. I called him an idiot.

I'm not going to call you an idiot (about GoPro at least) but they have one product coming out soon, and if that flops they're toast. Id probably look into that before you go too nuts with them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 23:00

Floyd Robertson wrote:How much does opportunity cost?

Was that Econ 200 or 201?
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-05, 23:02

Apple and Disney plays not good. Unless you're shorting.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-05, 23:03

When I announced a serious buying oppo on ACI (??) can't remember ticker symbol, I think it's ACI.... and BTU about 6 months ago, nobody said shit.  Now this???  fuck.... Fucking embarrassing....
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-01-05, 23:06

tTy wrote:When I announced a serious buying oppo on ACI (??) can't remember ticker symbol, I think it's ACI.... and BTU about 6 months ago, nobody said shit.  Now this???  fuck.... Fucking embarrassing....

I posted and I wish I had listened. I still hold sds and it's been doing alright for me. Made some money on covered calls and traded the volatility a bit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-01-05, 23:51

Tanfan! wrote:Apple and Disney plays not good. Unless you're shorting.

If I had the balls I used to have, I'd short Netflix. I wish there was an way to short the entire FANG group in one trade.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-05, 23:54

Giant Moose wrote:Aren't you like 85 years old? I thought by now you were supposed to be out of stocks and into something more stable.

Like assisted living?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-06, 05:09

Giant Moose wrote:Aren't you like 85 years old? I thought by now you were supposed to be out of stocks and into something more stable.

Played
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-06, 06:41

Frank Ricard wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:Apple and Disney plays not good. Unless you're shorting.

If I had the balls I used to have, I'd short Netflix. I wish there was an way to short the entire FANG group in one trade.

Spoken like a true old guy
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2016-01-06, 07:18

tanfan i hope you didn't go all in in the last couple of days cuz you might want to put in some more today.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-06, 08:12

AMwood wrote:tanfan i hope you didn't go all in in the last couple of days cuz you might want to put in some more today.

Nae. Just a quick 15k into one of my mutual funds.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-01-07, 04:23

China crashing again. Real opportunity won't come until the markets have gone into a real bear market.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-07, 07:41

Frank Ricard wrote:China crashing again. Real opportunity won't come until the markets have gone into a real bear market.

Yes this sucked. Fuck all the media who never warned us about the expiration of the lock out period for China. Still this doesn't affect the us much unless China lowers the Fx rate again.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-01-07, 08:34

Blanch32 wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:China crashing again.  Real opportunity won't come until the markets have gone into a real bear market.  

Yes this sucked.  Fuck all the media who never warned us about the expiration of the lock out period for China.   Still this doesn't affect the us much unless China lowers the Fx rate again.

I hope Fx means Exchange rate in Blanch-ese (not reviews of the new OJ series), which will drop more, it's just too bad our debt to China is denominated in dollars.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down