Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation?

+8
duffy munn
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
Giant Moose
12 posters

Go down

If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation? Empty If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-07, 15:19

Discuss.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation? Empty Re: If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 15:21

Why just an athlete? What if Izzo or Dantonio jumped into politics after retirement?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation? Empty Re: If a former MSU athlete was running for office, would you vote for him even if you didn't agree with his party affiliation?

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-07, 15:21

Would Bob vote for Cousins?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-07, 15:22

Is Mitch Lyons a Republican or Democrat?  I'm pretty sure that I voted him either way, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 15:23

Giant Moose wrote:Would Bob vote for Cousins?
I wouldn't hold his religion against him but it is a sign of weakness.. which would be concerning.

I can't listen to musicians whose politics aren't in line with mine.. usually because it's a hideous assault on my senses like the corporate country, vomit-inducing tripe.

sports, meh - I wouldn't hold it against them if they played a sport - I'd be more inclined to vote my ideology.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-07, 15:25

That's bc your a simpleton bob
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-07, 15:29

Blanch32 wrote:That's bc your a simpleton bob
and somehow I graduated from MSU a time or two.

(it wasn't that difficult, really).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-07, 15:35

Turtleneck wrote:Why just an athlete? What if Izzo or Dantonio jumped into politics after retirement?
Izzo is going to become the 1st Governor of the U.P. after he retires and convinces the U.P. to secede from Michigan.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-07, 15:35

Blanch32 wrote:That's bc your a simpleton bob

Oh, the irony.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-07, 15:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:Is Mitch Lyons a Republican or Democrat?  I'm pretty sure that I voted him either way, though.

He's a Tea Party Republican. I was a big fan of his at State, but there was no way I could've supported his candidacy, which was a bit of a bummer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-07, 15:40

Mark Dantonio would never be on the ballot. But Mike D'Antonio would have a shot.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-07, 15:43

Yes. No question.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-07, 15:50

It depends. Is it Kirk Cousins or Boo Boo Thompson ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-07, 16:02

If somebody actually did that, they deserve what happens. Whatever that is.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-07, 16:07

DWags wrote:If somebody actually did that, they deserve what happens. Whatever that is.

What if something wonderful happened? Wouldn't that just reinforce my poor decision making process?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 16:09

Rogers and Smoker as governor and Lt. governor would be fantastic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-07, 16:24

I have voted for George Perles, Mitch Lyons and Brian Mosallam although I have not agreed with some of their comments or votes.

The reason is all three are MSU grads, were all raised in MI and none appear to be onboard with privatizing MSU.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2016-01-07, 20:16

If Boo Boo and Underwood ran together for anything there is no way I wouldn't vote for them.

BTW, does anyone else always look for the most fucked up candidates possible and vote for them for u-m regent or trustee or whatever that position is?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-01-07, 20:19

StylesGShmooth wrote:If Boo Boo and Underwood ran together for anything there is no way I wouldn't vote for them.

BTW, does anyone else always look for the most fucked up candidates possible and vote for them for u-m regent or trustee or whatever that position is?

I only vote for the green party candidates for u of m regents.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-07, 20:20

StylesGShmooth wrote:If Boo Boo and Underwood ran together for anything there is no way I wouldn't vote for them.

When I lived in Michigan, I voted for the people that appeared not to care about sports. That is who I wanted on the UM board.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-07, 20:42

What if Parrish Hickman and Batman Holman were running against them ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-07, 20:43

Turtleneck wrote:Rogers and Smoker as governor and Lt. governor would be fantastic.

Where there's Smoke, there's Fire.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-07, 20:49

What is Lyons running for?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-01-07, 21:33

I voted for Bernstein for scUM, always thought it looked good to have an ambulance chaser on their Board.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-01-08, 08:00

I'd vote for the one player who drives around East Lansing waving guns at people because I know he'll protect my right to do the same.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down