Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?

+7
tanfan!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Triple Sparty
Nordic
DWags
Giant Moose
Turtleneck
11 posters

Go down

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  Empty Re: HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 21:47

As long as you are not some clueless suburbanite, and that does not seem to be the case, then I say go for it. Just make sure you prepare accordingly.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  Empty Re: HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 21:49

gHost Spartan wrote:Question

Here's the deal: It's very difficult to get Coyote Buttes South (as well as Coyote Buttes North) passes. Both are located in a very remote part of Northern Arizona near the Utah border, not far from the infamous polygamous community, Colorado City. The trailhead is about 5 hours from Phoenix and getting there requires a high clearance off road vehicle, which I obviously have - a little concerning is the fact that these El Nino storms have been dumping precipitation through Arizona and there's a good chance that that road may be impassable and/or become impassable should the weather change while we're there. There's literally NOTHING around, at all. Anything goes wrong and we're pretty much dead unless there are others in the vicinity. Of course, we'll have cold weather and emergency gear, weapons, fire starters, etc.

Check out the link below. It's a pretty amazing place. What do you guys think, is it worth the risk or should I pass and go when its a little warmer?

http://www.thewave.info/CoyoteButtesSouth/index.html

Looks very cool.

If you want to go when it's warmer...

http://www.thewave.info/CoyoteButtesNorthCode/Permits.html

"On-line Permits for Coyote Buttes North are very difficult to obtain. Conversely, permits for Coyote Buttes South are generally easy to get."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 21:51

NigelUno wrote:

Here's the deal: It's very difficult to get Coyote Buttes South (as well as Coyote Buttes North) passes. Both are located in a very remote part of Northern Arizona near the Utah border, not far from the infamous polygamous community, Colorado City. The trailhead is about 5 hours from Phoenix and getting there requires a high clearance off road vehicle, which I obviously have - a little concerning is the fact that these El Nino storms have been dumping precipitation through Arizona and there's a good chance that that road may be impassable and/or become impassable should the weather change while we're there. There's literally NOTHING around, at all. Anything goes wrong and we're pretty much dead unless there are others in the vicinity. Of course, we'll have cold weather and emergency gear, weapons, fire starters, etc.

Check out the link below. It's a pretty amazing place. What do you guys think, is it worth the risk or should I pass and go when its a little warmer?

Looks very cool.

"On-line Permits for Coyote Buttes North are very difficult to obtain. Conversely, permits for Coyote Buttes South are generally easy to get."

I feel betrayed. I trusted this man and he lied to me.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2016-01-08, 21:52

If you want advice about Buttes I think you should ask Gomer.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 21:53

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Looks very cool.

I feel betrayed. I trusted this man and he lied to me.

I think he probably just got confused. I don't want him to risk his life now, if he can risk it when it's warmer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-08, 21:53

NigelUno wrote:

Looks very cool.

Wife's family has a cabin in Happy Jack. We try to hit it one every 18 months or so. No mountain bikes though.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-01-08, 21:54

No idea WTF you are talking about... try shortening your posts ups a bit. WBH can give you some pointers.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-08, 21:55

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Looks very cool.

Wife's family has a cabin in Happy Jack. We try to hit it one every 18 months or so. No mountain bikes though.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-01-08, 22:16

Yep, Nigel can't read. What he quoted from the website is the ability to obtain, i.e., apply for, the permits online.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 22:35

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Looks very cool.

Check the calendar, fuckface, there are only 3 available weekend dates from now until April, and in March and April almost every day is completely sold out.

https://www.blm.gov/az/paria/hikingcalendar.cfm?areaid=1

Wow. Why so mad ghost? You said you wanted to maybe go when it's warmer.

Incidentally, there are 6 weekend dates available (not 3) in the time frame you are looking at, and there are plenty of available weekday dates later in January, throughout February, and in early March (if you would like to go when it's warmer).

I can list them for you...or just look for the green highlighted days. Not that difficult.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-08, 22:37

Triple Sparty wrote:Yep, Nigel can't read. What he quoted from the website is the ability to obtain, i.e., apply for, the permits online.

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  502811600

Yeah...because you can apply for the permits online. Want some quotes? Or can you just go read it?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 10:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Incidentally, there are 6 weekend dates available (not 3) in the time frame you are looking at, and there are plenty of available weekday dates later in January, throughout February, and in early March (if you would like to go when it's warmer).

I can list them for you...or just look for the green highlighted days. Not that difficult.

Seriously, I have no fucking idea WTF happened to you in your life but you are one disturbed motherfucker. Why do you continually post in my threads? I thought that I was on ignore? Why do you always have to get your two cents in?

Maybe it was the HELP ME in your title?

Not sure I understand the seething anger in your posts, when you asked for help. If you want to go when it's warmer, there are options available to you. You're mad at me for pointing that out? When you specifically asked for HELP?

R-E-L-A-X
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:02

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Seriously, I have no fucking idea WTF happened to you in your life but you are one disturbed motherfucker. Why do you continually post in my threads? I thought that I was on ignore? Why do you always have to get your two cents in?

Although it is the smallest of values, by adding his two cents is he not increasing the value of your threads? Also, since he is giving two cents, does he get a small ownership stake in your threads?

I do find it odd that he would give you his two cents. Sure, it's just two cents, but who gives two cents to a person for starting a thread. Sometimes you guys are weird.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-09, 10:04

I can't believe Nigel had the audacity to reply to a thread on a message board. The nerve of this guy, I fuckin tell ya.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't believe Nigel had the audacity to reply to a thread on a message board. The nerve of this guy, I fuckin tell ya.

But why is he giving gHost money? That part is confusing.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 10:06

Turtleneck wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: Seriously, I have no fucking idea WTF happened to you in your life but you are one disturbed motherfucker. Why do you continually post in my threads? I thought that I was on ignore? Why do you always have to get your two cents in?

Although it is the smallest of values, by adding his two cents is he not increasing the value of your threads? Also, since he is giving two cents, does he get a small ownership stake in your threads?

I do find it odd that he would give you his two cents. Sure, it's just two cents, but who gives two cents to a person for starting a thread. Sometimes you guys are weird.

If someone says HELP ME, 2 cents is the least I can do.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:08

NigelUno wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

If someone says HELP ME, 2 cents is the least I can do.

Nigel, quite honestly, you seem like a good person.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-09, 10:12

Turtleneck wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I can't believe Nigel had the audacity to reply to a thread on a message board. The nerve of this guy, I fuckin tell ya.

Not sure, maybe he should just give it to me.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-09, 10:16

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 Ghost tilted hard in this thread.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Not sure, maybe he should just give it to me.

Agreed. I would rather give it to a poster in need.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2016-01-09, 10:30; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-09, 10:23

Turtleneck wrote:

It's only two cents. Nigel trolled him and ghost lost it. Nigel is a sad sack of shit. He's got to be retired because he spends all day trolling.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:30

Tanfan! wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

It's only two cents. Nigel trolled him and ghost lost it. Nigel is a sad sack of shit. He's got to be retired because he spends all day trolling.

I have no ill will toward Nigel. He has always been nice to me. However, he has never given me any money.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 10:36

Turtleneck wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:

It's only two cents.  Nigel trolled him and ghost lost it.  Nigel is a sad sack of shit.  He's got to be retired because he spends all day trolling.

I have no ill will toward Nigel. He has always been nice to me. However, he has never given me any money.

I'm coming up for the Maryland game. I'll put 2 cents on the Morgan Freeman statue for ya.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-01-09, 22:55; edited 1 time in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 10:40

I thought about going to the PSU game tomorrow. I decided to skip it, but regret that decision.

Also, now that you have made that public, OTPT will most likely camp out for the two cents.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-09, 10:55

Go with your slacker cycling buddies and bring your award winning Spanish speaking pet parrot with you Juanito
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-01-09, 11:08

Turtleneck wrote:I thought about going to the PSU game tomorrow. I decided to skip it, but regret that decision.

Also, now that you have made that public, OTPT will most likely camp out for the two cents.

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-09, 22:49

This thread is hilgayrious
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 22:57

Turtleneck wrote:I thought about going to the PSU game tomorrow. I decided to skip it, but regret that decision.

You can still go. Hop in your car and start driving.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-01-09, 23:03

Why do they only allow 20 people a day?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 23:05

NigelUno wrote:

OTPT is already there. When he was posting from a car in the Corley thread, where do you think he was going?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-09, 23:11

Turtleneck wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

OTPT is already there. When he was posting from a car in the Corley thread, where do you think he was going?

To a bar in downtown Grand Rapids?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-09, 23:13

Detroit is better than Grand Rapids, Nigel. Common knowledge.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-16, 21:37

HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1165525128
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-01-16, 21:40

Yet another stupid bump from a-hole
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 07:10

The Pantry wrote:Yet another stupid bump from a-hole

Crap.

I was going to bump some thread with my thoughts on baking competitions and cupcake wars, but somebody else did that already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 10:46

gHost Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Yet another stupid bump from a-hole
The guy is so fucking weird. And to think, I had just noticed that he wasn't engaging me all week. Can't imagine what its like to sit home and stew all day and obsess. The guy is fucking psychopath.

HELP ME
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-01-17, 11:14

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

HELP ME
HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946

This smiley defines you: HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  2943907172

Hey man, enjoy your day today. I'm having breakfast and gonna take my daughter to the playground to meet her little friend. Then we're gonna feed the ducks. Afterward, we're going to REI because my buddy wants to get some new hiking gear, then I'll bring my little one over to Toys R Us because its close by. Then nap. This afternoon, when its supposed to be in the 70s, I'll take my little one out for a bike ride and while she's napping I'll hike the mountain. By then you should have accumulated another 100 or so angry posts. Have fun dude.

Don't forget the MSU UW game at 10:30am your time...CBS mobile app
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 11:17

gHost Spartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

HELP ME
HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946

This smiley defines you: HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  2943907172

Hey man, enjoy your day today. I'm having breakfast and gonna take my daughter to the playground to meet her little friend. Then we're gonna feed the ducks. Afterward, we're going to REI because my buddy wants to get some new hiking gear, then I'll bring my little one over to Toys R Us because its close by. Then nap. This afternoon, when its supposed to be in the 70s, I'll take my little one out for a bike ride and while she's napping I'll hike the mountain. By then you should have accumulated another 100 or so angry posts. Have fun dude.

Is it warm enough to do all that today? I don't want you to risk your life.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-17, 11:22

CheesySpartan wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote: HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946 HELP ME out, fellas - I've got passes to Coyotes Buttes South next weekend, should I go?  1966794946

Don't forget the MSU UW game at 10:30am your time...CBS mobile app

I woke up around 6:00. Took the dog for a quick walk (it's cold out...I didn't want to risk my life). Then went to the gym. Stopped at Publix on the way home to get some stuff, and then made brunch. I will be watching the hoops game, and then some NFL.

I am available for questions throughout the day.

Just start a thread titled...HELP ME!!!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down