Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die

+9
I.B. Fine
By-Tor
Dr. Strangelove
Giant Moose
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 Empty Re: 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 13:57

DWags wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Don't really know much about his music...what are some songs I should check out to get my feet wet.

Jesus, it's another fucking horrible lyricist. A refugee of the drive by truckers who uses his alcoholism to depress you with horrible character sketches. They'll play three cord music to some fool recollecting back on past mistakes.

Perfect to see that drivel in a town for the terminally cool who are all the smartest people in the room. I'd see it if it was outside in an ice rink and I can shove knitting needles through my eyes and ears after a half hour. If not that, I'd just fucking be on my cell phone while the cool people smoked Clove cigs.
bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 Empty Re: 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-16, 14:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The_Dude wrote:here's the pic of the Belgian blue burger I found on the interweb bounce 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 969504605

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 2c36400dc563adb1d103cf741ada5571

23 Detroit foods that will make you die?

I mean, nobody is dying to try a quinoa salad right?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-02-16, 14:09

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:
We forgot to add, "very soon", sorry.

Fuuuuuuuuuck!  I knew it. It's a tumor, isn't it?  I have a tumor.

Not sure, but double                  Not sure, but double
vision is the first sign                 vision is the first sign
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-16, 14:10

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuck!  I knew it. It's a tumor, isn't it?  I have a tumor.

Not sure, but double                  Not sure, but double
vision is the first sign                 vision is the first sign

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 Double_vision_amyelyse-resized-600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 14:19

That's it. I'm dead and I'm in Hell. How do I know this? Because my feed is nonstop song suggestions from Bob. It's a never ending list of ultra cool anti hipster storytellers. Even worse, the sound system is perfect.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 14:31

tGreenWay wrote:That's it. I'm dead and I'm in Hell. How do I know this? Because my feed is nonstop song suggestions from Bob. It's a never ending list of ultra cool anti hipster storytellers. Even worse, the sound system is perfect.
23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 1966794946

asking me about music is like asking some of these yahoos about sweaty high school/college boys.. you'd better make sure you really wanna know the answers before you ask.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 14:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:That's it. I'm dead and I'm in Hell. How do I know this? Because my feed is nonstop song suggestions from Bob. It's a never ending list of ultra cool anti hipster storytellers. Even worse, the sound system is perfect.

asking me about music is like asking some of these yahoos about sweaty high school/college boys.. you'd better make sure you really wanna know the answers before you ask.

I was only kidding. I actually enjoy the artists you've posted. The guy singing that Maggie song in the Walking Dead thread was great.

And yes, I know music is to you what recruiting is to others. 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 55953254
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 14:59

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 1966794946

I was only kidding. I actually enjoy the artists you've posted. The guy singing that Maggie song in the Walking Dead thread was great.  

And yes, I know music is to you what recruiting is to others. 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 55953254
23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 3493939353

I believe that was Craig Finn.. a close, personal friend of mine and the front man for... THE HOLD STEADY.

(ya know.. the band that was scheduled to play in our neighborhood back in the fall).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-16, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Like many of them in regards to X's aand O's your knowledge and taste in music is simplistic and laughable, but you'll never stop offering it up just like that drunk at the end of a bar who once scored a jv touchdown.

:rockon:
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 15:13

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: 23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 1966794946

Like many of them in regards to X's aand O's your knowledge and taste in music is simplistic and laughable, but you'll never stop offering it up just like that drunk at the end of a bar who once scored a jv touchdown.

bump..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-16, 15:21

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

bump..

Please do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 15:24

DWags wrote:

Bump.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 15:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I believe that was Craig Finn.. a close, personal friend of mine and the front man for... THE HOLD STEADY.

(ya know.. the band that was scheduled to play in our neighborhood back in the fall).

I had no idea, and I was too drunk at your party to make the connection when they played in your backyard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-16, 15:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I had no idea, and I was too drunk at your party to make the connection when they played in your backyard.
this is a clip from the west stage.. at the intersection of Harrison, Glenhaven and Wildwood.. we put up a tent and had ourselves a big time. Sucks that you missed it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-16, 16:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

this is a clip from the west stage.. at the intersection of Harrison, Glenhaven and Wildwood.. we put up a tent and had ourselves a big time. Sucks that you missed it.

Sorry I missed it, too. Hope there wasn't a pond in the middle of the wedge. It gets pretty soggy after a heavy rain.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:09

also another great tune off of Southeastern that even those who really, really enjoy sports might enjoy - yes, it's a very simple song as it relates to the complexities of high school/college athletics - but still has a great vibe about keeping our world in perspective and to appreciate our everyday lives.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-17, 11:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:also another great tune off of Southeastern that even those who really, really enjoy sports might enjoy - yes, it's a very simple song as it relates to the complexities of high school/college athletics - but still has a great vibe about keeping our world in perspective and to appreciate our everyday lives.

Busy morning Bob? I was starting to get pretty worried about you. Like maybe you had fallen into a vat of acid or something. I dunno. I was nervous.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-02-17, 11:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:definitely one of the top 5 living songwriters under the age of 40.. you'll have a good time.

Did you invite him over too?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-17, 11:14

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:definitely one of the top 5 living songwriters under the age of 40.. you'll have a good time.

Did you invite him over too?

23 Detroit foods you need to eat before you die - Page 2 502811600

you remember that story? Nice.

I think he had departed from the Truckers at that point. Though he's always welcome.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-17, 13:47

Robert J Sakimano wrote:also another great tune off of Southeastern that even those who really, really enjoy sports might enjoy - yes, it's a very simple song as it relates to the complexities of high school/college athletics - but still has a great vibe about keeping our world in perspective and to appreciate our everyday lives.

I didn't ask, but, well, thanks. I guess.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2