Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.

+4
Cameron
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.  Empty Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.

Post by DWags Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:47 pm

Michigan State quarterback Connor Cook is preparing for the upcoming NFL draft, and in an interview with Fox Sports he said he skipped the Senior Bowl because his shoulder still wasn't 100% after suffering an injury against Maryland.

"Obviously, I wasn't 100 percent playing against Penn State, Iowa and Alabama," Cook told Fox Sports. "After the season, I talked to my agent Joel Segal and we felt like the best option was to go to California to start training and rehabbing, so that I'd be 100 percent for the Combine and Pro Day and that stuff."

To be clear, Cook didn't use his shoulder injury as an excuse for the loss to the Crimson Tide, and said it was difficult for the competitor in him to skip the Senior Bowl opportunity.

"We lost fair and square," he said. "I was out there giving it my 100 percent. I've never been one to make an excuse for how I played. Everyone else is out there playing hurt as well. We have linemen dinged up all year. They weren't complaining or making any excuses, so I wasn't going to either. It's a game. You gotta play through it and keep on keeping on."

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.  Empty Re: Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:49 pm

He wasn't 100% a captain either
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.  Empty Re: Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.

Post by DWags Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He wasn't 100% a captain either

Or he didn't bus his table 100% for Wakes.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Waiting for the chicken littles to post in here...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:50 am

I'm gonna miss Connor Cook. I didn't think he was the guy back in the day, I wanted Terry. I was so fucking wrong. I hope he gets drafted by a good team, I think he has a legitimate chance to be a great pro. He just needs weapons.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:47 am

Cameron wrote:I'm gonna miss Connor Cook. I didn't think he was the guy back in the day, I wanted Terry. I was so fucking wrong. I hope he gets drafted by a good team, I think he has a legitimate chance to be a great pro. He just needs weapons.

Some team is going to get a good QB. I've seen him mocked to Washington, Philly, Dallas (basically the entire NFC East except NYG), Denver, Indy, Cleveland.......

He will be a good QB for somebody.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:16 am

I hope he goes to Denver to replace Manning. Then we can all come to Denver to smoke mounds of dope, watch him play and crash at OTPT's pad.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:33 am

LooseGoose wrote:I hope he goes to Denver to replace Manning. Then we can all come to Denver to smoke mounds of dope, watch him play and crash at OTPT's pad.

Maybe a double header and watch Gary Harris?

We are going to need more weed.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:18 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I hope he goes to Denver to replace Manning.   Then we can all come to Denver to smoke mounds of dope, watch him play and crash at OTPT's pad.

Cook speaks about his shoulder to Fox.  XG1tshu
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:54 pm

SpartanInNH wrote:
Cameron wrote:I'm gonna miss Connor Cook. I didn't think he was the guy back in the day, I wanted Terry. I was so fucking wrong. I hope he gets drafted by a good team, I think he has a legitimate chance to be a great pro. He just needs weapons.

Some team is going to get a good QB. I've seen him mocked to Washington, Philly, Dallas (basically the entire NFC East except NYG), Denver, Indy, Cleveland.......

He will be a good QB for somebody.

Selfishly, I'd like to see him wind up with a team in one of the HS football hotbed states, where future ballers will be paying attention. Except the Browns. I wouldn't wish the Browns on anyone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down