Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you prepare your eggs?

+15
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
Ass Dan
Gomer
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Rocinante
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
SeeRockCity
pulling69
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Tim Wakefield
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you prepare your eggs?

How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 4 ]
How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 8 ]
How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]
How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 20

How do you prepare your eggs? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you prepare your eggs?

Post by pulling69 2016-03-01, 03:29

GRR Spartan wrote:Always scrambled and if I change my mind I already have the base.

To scramble eggs right you need a deep bowl, a whisk and 1-2 tablespoons of cold water and a 10" fry pan.
And butter. You are doing it wrong without butter.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2016-03-01, 03:31

The Pantry wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Always scrambled and if I change my mind I already have the base.

To scramble eggs right you need a deep bowl, a whisk and 1-2 tablespoons of cold water and a 10" fry pan.
Have tried adding the water but don't find it necessary.  Grind some sea salt into the bowl before whisking.

I use a tablespoon or two of unsalted butter in a non-stick skillet.  Very low heat, mixing constantly with a silicone baking spatula until the eggs have firmed up with a proper amount of wetness still in the mix.  Timing is critical getting them off the heat and plated while still glistening (then adding a little fresh cracked black pepper on top).  Dry scrambled eggs, like ones often found at breakfast buffets, suck.

Have tried using a cast iron skillet but they generally don't come out as well.  Cast iron holds heat so well, the window to get them off the heat in time is much smaller.
Putting salt into the eggs before they are cooked is a rookie mistake, it draws out their moisture.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-03-01, 05:35

pulling69 wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
Have tried adding the water but don't find it necessary.  Grind some sea salt into the bowl before whisking.

I use a tablespoon or two of unsalted butter in a non-stick skillet.  Very low heat, mixing constantly with a silicone baking spatula until the eggs have firmed up with a proper amount of wetness still in the mix.  Timing is critical getting them off the heat and plated while still glistening (then adding a little fresh cracked black pepper on top).  Dry scrambled eggs, like ones often found at breakfast buffets, suck.

Have tried using a cast iron skillet but they generally don't come out as well.  Cast iron holds heat so well, the window to get them off the heat in time is much smaller.
Putting salt into the eggs before they are cooked is a rookie mistake, it draws out their moisture.
Has worked great for me for 20 years. Maybe it's using sea salt instead of table salt. Eggs get seasoned perfectly throughout and are still on the wet side.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2