Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread

+20
The Pantry
Cameron
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
DWags
aualum06
Turtleneck
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Giant Moose
Death Roe
tGreenWay
BleacherSwill
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
NigelUno
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-23, 23:05

LooseGoose wrote:Rico Beard ‏@RicoBeard 18s18 seconds ago
#MichiganState Freshman PF Deyonta Davis has been drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies. #NBADraft2016

I said that already.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-23, 23:06

The_Dude wrote:What a massive fuck up. Guy was top 16 pick by virtually everyone and must had him higher.

System failed Davis and now may have ruined his life.

Ruined his life?  tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread - Page 4 502811600

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/21/why-second-round-nba-draft-picks-might-get-paid-more-than-first-rounders-this-year/

"Expect several 2016 second-round picks to make more than some of their first-round counterparts next season.

First-round picks are bound by a salary scale negotiated by the league and union into the 2011 CBA. The scale is a set amount for each pick, increasing slightly each year. Teams can pay a player between 80% and 120% of his scale amount, and 120% is so common, it’s practically the set number.

Second-round picks are free to negotiate any contract. Teams must use cap space or an exception – e.g., mid-level or minimum-salary – to sign them.

So, with the salary cap skyrocketing, the proportions for first-round picks have become out of whack. In 2011, the first year of the CBA, the No. 1 pick earned 8.86% of the salary cap ($58,044,000). If the salary cap comes in as projected this year ($94 million), the No. 1 pick will earn 6.28% of the salary cap. That same effect is felt throughout the first round.

Meanwhile, second-round picks are free to partake in the newly available TV money."

Also...Second round picks can become free agents as soon as their second season.

Last edited by NigelUno on 2016-06-23, 23:13; edited 2 times in total
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-23, 23:09

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Rico Beard ‏@RicoBeard 18s18 seconds ago
#MichiganState Freshman PF Deyonta Davis has been drafted by the Memphis Grizzlies. #NBADraft2016

I said that already.

Good for you. Hadn't seen it. I'll make sure to check your account before posting in the future.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-06-23, 23:14

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:What a massive fuck up. Guy was top 16 pick by virtually everyone and must had him higher.

System failed Davis and now may have ruined his life.

Ruined his life? tOfficial NBA 2016 Draft Thread - Page 4 502811600

Pretty much. He's 19, has zero chance to make any $$ and is no Caris Levert.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-23, 23:15

duffy munn wrote:

System failed Davis
and now may have ruined his life.

Picked 31st. Life is clearly ruined. Just be happy for Levert and STFU.

You don't get it. First round pick is everything. Guaranteed roster spot and money.

Now he will be in the D league making scraps and having to fight against everyone else to get noticed and called up.

Life changer. Kid went into tonight thinking he'd leave a multimillionaire and instead will be making next to nothing and no guarantees.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-23, 23:16

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I said that already.

Good for you. Hadn't seen it. I'll make sure to check your account before posting in the future.

Just check the thread. Herbie can give you hints on how to do that.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-23, 23:18

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

You don't get it. First round pick is everything. Guaranteed roster spot and money.

Now he will be in the D league making scraps and having to fight against everyone else to get noticed and called up.

Life changer. Kid went into tonight thinking he'd leave a multimillionaire and instead will be making next to nothing and no guarantees.

That's not true. At all. Read the link I provided.

Oh, wait...you won't, because you're just a UM slappy pretending to be a Spartan fan. Do you think you're fooling anyone?

How did getting picked in the 2nd Round impact Draymond? Was it a "life changer"?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-06-23, 23:21

The_Dude wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He's freaking 19 years old and should at least make a middle class living next year. That's around 200k, right ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-23, 23:27

duffy munn wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

He's freaking 19 years old and should at least make a middle class living next year. That's around 200k, right ?

Why second-round NBA draft picks might get paid more than first-rounders this year

Jordan Mickey had high hopes for the 2015 NBA draft, but his agent warned him: If you fall outside the top half or so of the first round, you’re better off going in the second round. Teams picking high in the second round offer a better fit and more flexibility.

Mickey heard the message.

He just didn’t care.

“The recognition, guys want to say they were a first-round pick,” Mickey said. “That’s something I wanted.”

“I just felt that, the way I play, I deserve it.”

Mickey slipped out of the first round to the Celtics at No. 37. Like many players, he still carries a grudge for the teams that passed on him.

“It’ll probably be with me until I’m done playing the game,” Mickey said.

What separates Mickey from other second-rounders: He received one of the biggest perks usually afforded only to first-rounders – a higher salary – despite going in the second round.

It’s the product a salary cap increasing higher than ever imagined when this Collective Bargaining Agreement was signed, and this summer’s projected $94 million cap will intensify the effect. Expect several 2016 second-round picks to make more than some of their first-round counterparts next season.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 23:40

LooseGoose wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Why second-round NBA draft picks might get paid more than first-rounders this year

Jordan Mickey had high hopes for the 2015 NBA draft, but his agent warned him: If you fall outside the top half or so of the first round, you’re better off going in the second round. Teams picking high in the second round offer a better fit and more flexibility.

Mickey heard the message.

He just didn’t care.

“The recognition, guys want to say they were a first-round pick,” Mickey said. “That’s something I wanted.”

“I just felt that, the way I play, I deserve it.”

Mickey slipped out of the first round to the Celtics at No. 37. Like many players, he still carries a grudge for the teams that passed on him.

“It’ll probably be with me until I’m done playing the game,” Mickey said.

What separates Mickey from other second-rounders: He received one of the biggest perks usually afforded only to first-rounders – a higher salary – despite going in the second round.

It’s the product a salary cap increasing higher than ever imagined when this Collective Bargaining Agreement was signed, and this summer’s projected $94 million cap will intensify the effect. Expect several 2016 second-round picks to make more than some of their first-round counterparts next season.

Two things and I feel like OTPT here. You guys are making an ass out of Dude. He has blanch level intelligence in regards to sports. We know that and more than once or twice a day, he's made out to be a fucking dumb ass. He doesn't care. He's a fucking idiot that is a meat head

The other thing: He's obviously a Uof M guy. Why do we Even fuck with him? I had my finger over the ban button tonight, but it's just not me. I just started answering every post of his with "Your a fucking dumb ass".

He wants you guys to bite, and I certainly have. Meh, maybe I'll just use my mod tools to fuck with him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-23, 23:48

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 2m2 minutes ago
Vertical Sources: Detroit will select Syracuse's Michael Gbinije with the No. 49 pick in the NBA Draft.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 00:34

D wags is right. Better off not engaging the dude. But do as you please.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-24, 08:11

these are two fine young men, athletes and members of the community. Excellent examples of what Spartans should be. The NBA is fortunate to have them as ambassadors to the game.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-06-24, 08:36

Best of luck to both Valentine and Davis. Hope they succeed. Like to see them blossom into another Steve Smith on and off the court.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-24, 08:38

The Dude is so dumb.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-06-24, 10:53

NigelUno wrote:The Dude is so dumb.

TRying to polish a turd I see...

This was an unmitigated, complete disaster fro Davis. The odds an second round pick ends up having an NBA career is tiny. And teams dont wait around for years for you because you werent a first round pick where they have to wait since they invested a ton in you.

Anyone with a brain knew Davis wasn't ready. Sucks that the leeches around him looking for a pay day might have ruined the kids future.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-24, 11:04

The_Dude wrote:

This was an unmitigated, complete disaster fro Davis. The odds an second round pick ends up having an NBA career is tiny. And teams dont wait around for years for you because you werent a first round pick where they have to wait since they invested a ton in you.

Anyone with a brain knew Davis wasn't ready. Sucks that the leeches around him looking for a pay day might have ruined the kids future.

Did you read the article I linked?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-06-24, 11:19

The_Dude wrote:

Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Goran Dragic and DeAndre Jordan, Mano Ginobili, Mo Williams, Isaiah Thomas, Trevor Ariza, Danny Green, Kyle Korver, Months Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Paul Millsap.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-06-24, 11:44

Honestly you guys are shitting on The_Dude but he isn't completely wrong here. Going in the 2nd round is a huge disappointment for Davis and COULD negatively impact his future earnings potential. Maybe he rises to the occasion, maybe he doesn't, the fact is that he missed out on the guaranteed money and will now have to prove himself on and off the court to have a successful career in the NBA.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 11:53

Valentine is going to be a star.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-06-24, 12:00

kingstonlake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Draymond Green, Goran Dragic and DeAndre Jordan, Mano Ginobili, Mo Williams, Isaiah Thomas, Trevor Ariza, Danny Green, Kyle Korver, Months Ellis, Chandler Parsons, Paul Millsap.

Stop it with your facts. They confused tDude.

Just let him be happy for Levert.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-24, 12:01

David Harns@isportsDave 1m1 minute ago
Matt Costello will sign with the Atlanta Hawks (per Tom Izzo on @timstaudt10's radio show).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-24, 12:01

Floyd Robertson wrote:David Harns@isportsDave 1m1 minute ago
Matt Costello will sign with the Atlanta Hawks (per Tom Izzo on @timstaudt10's radio show).
his aim is true.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 12:16

Who's the dumbfuck that told me Forbes was going to get drafted? Sometimes you blowarz need to chill.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 12:35

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who's the dumbfuck that told me Forbes was going to get drafted? Sometimes you blowarz need to chill.
We need to chill? You're coming on here making accusations towards something that may or may not have even happened here, with a poster that probably doesn't post here. Either way, you can't remember who it is, yet you blame us.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 12:38

InTenSity wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Who's the dumbfuck that told me Forbes was going to get drafted? Sometimes you blowarz need to chill.
We need to chill? You're coming on here making accusations towards something that may or may not have even happened here, with a poster that probably doesn't post here. Either way, you can't remember who it is, yet you blame us.

I blame you intensity. You must be accountable for your words that you may or may not said. It's all your fault.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 12:40

InTenSity wrote:

OTPT is very lonely and angry. Forgive him.

OR ask him to point out a single draft board that had Forbes top 60.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-06-24, 12:43

AnomanderRake wrote:Honestly you guys are shitting on The_Dude but he isn't completely wrong here. Going in the 2nd round is a huge disappointment for Davis and COULD negatively impact his future earnings potential. Maybe he rises to the occasion, maybe he doesn't, the fact is that he missed out on the guaranteed money and will now have to prove himself on and off the court to have a successful career in the NBA.

So, his life is ruined?

Or not?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 12:43

Loose did I bring up a draft board?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 12:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I blame you intensity. You must be accountable for your words that you may or may not said. It's all your fault.
You are so angry lately. You'd think you'd be chill, what with the marijuana and molly and drinkin. BTW be careful mixing the alcohol and the molly.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 12:54

InTenSity wrote:

You are so angry lately. You'd think you'd be chill, what with the marijuana and molly and drinkin. BTW be careful mixing the alcohol and the molly.

I'm chill - I think people take my "dumbfucks" and "fucking" as anger but I cuss a lot in general and even more on here. Just how I post. But you can say I'm tilting if ya want. Either way, it's Friday.

I think it may have been d wags who acted like Forbes could make it in the NBA.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 12:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Loose did I bring up a draft board?

Oh, so in this thread it's not ok to mention something that you hadn't talked about?

The point remains, no one that gave it any deep thought projected Forbes getting drafted.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-06-24, 13:02

Forbes worked out for a few teams, I think. I don't think he's ready, yet, to play in the NBA, but might be one of those that could go to Europe, and come back in a few years. I think he can make $$ playing, though. I doubt I'd ever say he could be drafted though. Maybe I did.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 13:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Loose did I bring up a draft board?

Oh, so in this thread it's not ok to mention something that you hadn't talked about?

The point remains, no one that gave it any deep thought projected Forbes getting drafted.

Are you this.. Dumb?

I said someone said Forbes could get drafted. I said that was dumb. You told me to point out a board that had him in the top 60.

Can someone please help? Fuck.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-24, 13:11

Please stop yelling at me otpt.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-06-24, 13:15

LooseGoose wrote:

Are you this.. Dumb?

I said someone said Forbes could get drafted. I said that was dumb. You told me to point out a board that had him in the top 60.

Can someone please help? Fuck.

You need a better class of weed. The shit you're smoking now isn't improving your mindset.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-24, 13:45

My mind set has nothing to do with you being illogical. Stick your draft board that has no bearing on swill blowarz thinking Forbes is good enough for the NBA up your ass. Good day.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-06-24, 13:49

I think someone's mixed up meth and weed, not good!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-06-24, 13:53

Here OTPT, maybe this will help cheer you up
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-24, 17:44

Forbes to the Spurs per Fife.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next