Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+37
MiamiSpartan
TheReal_LWS
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
aualum06
NigelUno
CheesySpartan
By-Tor
SawGreen
Wally Fairway
Larry Kazamias
Death Roe
Motown Spartan
Jake from State Farm
tanfan!
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
Clarett's Folly
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
Triple Sparty
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dr. Strangelove
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Heat Miser
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
DWags
SpartanInNH
41 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 23:25

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well maybe I'm still a naive asshole. Hope you're right.

You live too close to too many SCummers.

Good call. And thanks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 23:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I see Wags' point and it makes sense but I think there's enough working in the other direction to overcome it. He might be right, we might be right, but hopefully we don't have to find out.

I just want the wicked witches shoes on Saturday night. They ain't doing shit next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-02, 23:27

what the fuck, why is PJ doing situps from a water pipe hanging from the locker room ceiling in FF?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-02, 23:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:what the fuck, why is PJ doing situps from a water pipe hanging from the locker room ceiling in FF?

Because he's a wild man.

Adam Rittenberg ‏@ESPNRittenberg 48m48 minutes ago
I covered P.J. Fleck as a player. Was a wild man at NIU. Never thought he'd achieve so much success so quickly as a coach. Congrats to him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-02, 23:30

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I see Wags' point and it makes sense but I think there's enough working in the other direction to overcome it. He might be right, we might be right, but hopefully we don't have to find out.

I just want the wicked witches shoes on Saturday night. They ain't doing shit next year.

So with you man. 2016 needs to end, post haste.

I try not to succumb to the blue wall shit. Some of it is ludicrous. But truthfully, I'm a proud alum. I wear my shit. I love my school. I met my wife there. I love the people there. Friendliest fucking place I've every been in my life. I don't get in anyone's face about my affiliation, I just display it. When the shoe is on the other foot, you can bet your ass people are getting in our faces every day about it. And yeah it irks me because I don't roll that way. Hell I don't even work in an office M-F. But I still get shade. Fuck you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 23:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

I try not to succumb to the blue wall shit. Some of it is ludicrous. But truthfully, I'm a proud alum. I wear my shit. I love my school. I met my wife there. I love the people there. Friendliest fucking place I've every been in my life. I don't get in anyone's face about my affiliation, I just display it. When the shoe is on the other foot, you can bet your ass people are getting in our faces every day about it. And yeah it irks me because I don't roll that way. Hell I don't even work in an office M-F. But I still get shade. Fuck you.

Same. I hate these fuckers who have made fun of my degree and are macomb grads. My wife has always taught me to bite my tongue. But you live where I do. Fuck them
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-02, 23:41

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
DWags wrote:

Same. I hate these fuckers who have made fun of my degree and are macomb grads. My wife has always taught me to bite my tongue. But you live where I do. Fuck them

Much less stressful living where UM means University of Miami. Nobody here gives a frog's fat ass about SCum.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-02, 23:43

Tradeoffs, though Heat. I would relish that. But I can get to campus in 80 minutes. That's glorious.

Wow what a TD.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-02, 23:45

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

Much less stressful living where UM means University of Miami. Nobody here gives a frog's fat ass about SCum.

And I don't mean to seem like it kills me. I know who I am and what I've done in life. My wife points it out after rough nights of blue wall gatherings. But damn it's just feels so good to look at them and quietly say "good season, maybe next year@ After they've been in your face all season.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-02, 23:50

Looks like U-Dub is in. The 1st domino to making this conversation moot.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-12-02, 23:52

Heat Miser wrote:Looks like U-Dub is in. The 1st domino to making this conversation moot.

Don't jinx it dick
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-02, 23:56

DWags wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

And I don't mean to seem like it kills me. I know who I am and what I've done in life. My wife points it out after rough nights of blue wall gatherings. But damn it's just feels so good to look at them and quietly say "good season, maybe next year@ After they've been in your face all season.

For all their chest-beating, it's a 10-2 3rd place division finish. Yawn. Golf clap. Jesus Hairball is 0 for 2 in conference titles & 1-3 vs. tO$U & MSU.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-02, 23:57

Is 'Bama in even if they lose? I'd say yes.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-02, 23:58

For me, it's very reminiscent of 2006. I may have posted this before, I don't remember. UM was good that year, no doubt. They're good this year, no doubt. They went into that game against OSU as the #2 team in the country. And they lost. It was close, but they lost. Local media spent the next 2 weeks positioning how and why they should still have a chance to get in. Stoney and Wojo were particularly whiny about it. I like Wojo, I don't think he's too biased, he tries to be objective. But he definitely shows his UM roots at times, and that was one.

We all know what happened in 2006. That was the year SECSECSEC came into prominence, due in part to the arrogance of the OSU/UM media. And Wojo was leading the charge in that regard.

10 years later? Guess what's happening? Woj is using his goofy doofus self-deprecating humor to hump the leg of the Angel of the Big House and pimp the same shit he did a decade ago. Don't count Michigan out. They have a better resume. He is ignoring that the rankings for any given week do not account for future scenarios. He took the commentary from Chuck Knobnlauch or whatever his name was and used it to justify why UM should and will get in over the B1G champ if Washington and/or Clemson lose. Everyone is eating it up.

Not blaming Wojo, but he's the voice at the forefront. I believe he's wrong.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-02, 23:58

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

For all their chest-beating, it's a 10-2 3rd place division finish. Yawn. Golf clap. Jesus Hairball is 0 for 2 in conference titles & 1-3 vs. tO$U & MSU.

Achievement Unlocked: Hokey Pokey- match Brady Hoke's progress after two seasons.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 00:06

I am loving it. Now if Clemson can curb stomp Va Tech tomorrow, I will pinch my nipples.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-12-03, 00:10

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

Achievement Unlocked: Hokey Pokey- match Brady Hoke's progress after two seasons.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 502811600
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 00:11

Also, VD Peppers no longer mentioned in Heisman talk! cheers
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-03, 00:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For me, it's very reminiscent of 2006. I may have posted this before, I don't remember. UM was good that year, no doubt. They're good this year, no doubt. They went into that game against OSU as the #2 team in the country. And they lost. It was close, but they lost. Local media spent the next 2 weeks positioning how and why they should still have a chance to get in. Stoney and Wojo were particularly whiny about it. I like Wojo, I don't think he's too biased, he tries to be objective. But he definitely shows his UM roots at times, and that was one.

We all know what happened in 2006. That was the year SECSECSEC came into prominence, due in part to the arrogance of the OSU/UM media. And Wojo was leading the charge in that regard.

10 years later? Guess what's happening? Woj is using his goofy doofus self-deprecating humor to hump the leg of the Angel of the Big House and pimp the same shit he did a decade ago. Don't count Michigan out. They have a better resume. He is ignoring that the rankings for any given week do not account for future scenarios. He took the commentary from Chuck Knobnlauch or whatever his name was and used it to justify why UM should and will get in over the B1G champ if Washington and/or Clemson lose. Everyone is eating it up.

How is losing 2 of your last 3, 1 of which was to unranked Iowa, a "better resume'"?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-03, 00:22

So about that "razor thin" margin between Washington and Michigan...
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 00:24

Clarett's Folly wrote:So about that "razor thin" margin between Washington and Michigan...

More like a safety blade type thing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2016-12-03, 00:25

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:So about that "razor thin" margin between Washington and Michigan...

More like a safety blade type thing.

Hahaha!
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-03, 00:30

Love to see the SCummers get paired up with Western if both make the NY6. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 1494614055
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-12-03, 00:41

That should do it. Bama, Wash, OSU in.....Clemson or BIG winner jumps Mich (yes i know Mich beat both).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2016-12-03, 00:49

Heat Miser wrote:Love to see the SCummers get paired up with Western if both make the NY6. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 1494614055

Row that boat
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 07:09

Nordic wrote:That should do it. Bama, Wash, OSU in.....Clemson or BIG winner jumps Mich (yes i know Mich beat both).

I think I'll be way more comfortable if Clemson wins.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-03, 07:23

Said it before.
Will say it again.

Michigan is not getting in. Period.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 07:25

NigelUno wrote:Said it before.
Will say it again.

Michigan is not getting in. Period.

If Colorado won last night we'd be nervous as hell. I'm thinking we all are Clemson fans today.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-03, 07:59

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Said it before.
Will say it again.

Michigan is not getting in.  Period.  

If Colorado won last night we'd be nervous as hell. I'm thinking we all are Clemson fans today.

I might have a Clemson t shirt.  If not, I could go buy one.

Touch the Rock.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-03, 08:30

Heat Miser wrote:Love to see the SCummers get paired up with Western if both make the NY6. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 19 1494614055

UM would win by 4 TDs
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-03, 08:34

Heat Miser wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For me, it's very reminiscent of 2006. I may have posted this before, I don't remember. UM was good that year, no doubt. They're good this year, no doubt. They went into that game against OSU as the #2 team in the country. And they lost. It was close, but they lost. Local media spent the next 2 weeks positioning how and why they should still have a chance to get in. Stoney and Wojo were particularly whiny about it. I like Wojo, I don't think he's too biased, he tries to be objective. But he definitely shows his UM roots at times, and that was one.

How is losing 2 of your last 3, 1 of which was to unranked Iowa, a "better resume'"?

They are pimping that they are the only team to have 3 wins over top 10 teams. 3-1 against top 10 teams with the only loss being on the road to #2 in OT on a "questionable" call. I stacked it up earlier in this thread or another one vs. PSU and Wiscy. There's a legit argument, depending on how much you want to downplay the Conference Championship aspect vs H2H. Which I don't at all, I think it means a helluva lot and should/would/will vault PSU/Wiscy over them. But that's the tune they've been trumpeting.

It's fucking excuses. When have circumstances ever mattered in CFB rankings? Didn't matter when we lost to Wiscy in the CCG on a soccer play and dropped out of the top 100. Don't seem to matter in Okie lite's case. But around here people seem to think they should matter because Michigan is the Holy Grail of collegiate athletics and Lloyd Schembechler invented the particle accelerator.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-03, 08:38

Regardless, I want Clemson to win and I think it will be very interesting to see the final playoff rankings after this weekend. My guess is (if Clemson wins), UM will be no higher than 6th and likely 7th.

Then again I'm assuming the committee is trying to do this in an equitable fashion, which they probably aren't. In 2014 they were so fucking shady with manipulating the rankings after CCG weekend to get the matchups they wanted in the NY6 bowls.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2016-12-03, 11:57

CheesySpartan wrote:

UM would win by 4 TDs

Irrelevant
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-03, 11:59

Desmond HowTurd just picks Va. Tech because he still believes Michigan gets into the playoffs with a Clemson loss. What a delusional moron.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-03, 12:19

TheReal_LWS wrote:Desmond HowTurd just picks Va. Tech because he still believes Michigan gets into the playoffs with a Clemson loss. What a delusional moron.

He's wrong about the pick. He's correct about what would happen if va tech wins.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-03, 13:31

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Regardless, I want Clemson to win and I think it will be very interesting to see the final playoff rankings after this weekend. My guess is (if Clemson wins), UM will be no higher than 6th and likely 7th.

Then again I'm assuming the committee is trying to do this in an equitable fashion, which they probably aren't. In 2014 they were so fucking shady with manipulating the rankings after CCG weekend to get the matchups they wanted in the NY6 bowls.

That's just it.  It seems they are allowed to manipulate the rankings - even to the point of the order of the top 4.   It seems quite plausible that OSU could drop to 4.  Would they want Bama OSU in the semis?

Outside the top 4, Iowa finished #5 last year ahead of OSU because the Rose Bowl wanted Iowa.  And the year before they swapped MSUs I think because of bowl politics.
So I don’t know that you can put much credibility in the order of teams and that kind of business is enough to make me want Clemson to win for insurance to keep UM out.  But in reality I think UM would have finished behind not only the BTCG winner but Colorado and even the Oklahoma winner.
We will find out the answers to some of these questions if Clemson loses. But it appears we don't have the balls to find out
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-12-05, 21:36

lol so this is really happening.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 3h3 hours ago
Are you kidding me? Jabrill Peppers?

User Actions
Following

Stewart Mandel
‏@slmandel
Heisman finalists: Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Jabrill Peppers, Deshaun Watson and Dede Westbrook (!)
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-05, 21:37

Michigan football people. How long you been on this planet ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-12-05, 21:37

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:lol so this is really happening.

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 3h3 hours ago
Are you kidding me? Jabrill Peppers?

User Actions
Following

Stewart Mandel
‏@slmandel
Heisman finalists: Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, Jabrill Peppers, Deshaun Watson and Dede Westbrook (!)

You forget. He did have an interception. Take off your green glasses.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-05, 21:42

I really am not trying to beat a dead horse but come the fuck on college football
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next