Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year...

+10
StylesGShmooth
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Cameron
The_Dude
Blanch32
Giant Moose
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... Empty Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year...

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Making room for a prized recruit, perhaps?

@joerexrode
Tom Izzo on next season's roster: "A couple guys are gonna have to make some decisions. Some guys didn't play as much."
https://twitter.com/joerexrode/status/712307090564448260
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... Empty Re: Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year...

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:13 pm

Time for Izzo to run Bess and Ellis off the team. Yet somehow the blowars will either blame the player or say it was mutual just like all of Izzo's other transfers, and we've had a lot too...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... Empty Re: Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year...

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:14 pm

..maybe Ellis will stay to provide senior leadership, but that would mean Arhens is out, and I'm cool with that. Wasted scholarship to begin with
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:17 pm

I just hope wherever our players end up that they are allowed a chance to kiss the logo in an opposing uniform while we all celebrate them.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:32 pm

Arhens and Bess likely out.

Ellis has a role next year.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:38 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Time for Izzo to run Bess and Ellis off the team. Yet somehow the blowars will either blame the player or say it was mutual just like all of Izzo's other transfers, and we've had a lot too...

Don't we just need to free up 1 scholarship for Jackson? I don't follow this stuff super closely, so I could be mistaken. If Davis leaves, does that give us the scholarship we need? Or is the 1 scholarship thing I heard assuming Davis stays?

Regardless, I really liked what I saw from Ellis towards the end of the season (particularly his passing), I want him to stick around. There were games where I felt he was a better option than Harris, and even Forbes during Bryn's little cold streak.

I agree on Bess though, I expected more from him this year. I don't really wanna see anyone pushed out against their will (unless they've had disciplinary issues), I don't think that's the spirit of our program. But it might be mutually beneficial for program and player if Javon finished his career elsewhere.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:40 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I just hope wherever our players end up that they are allowed a chance to kiss the logo in an opposing uniform while we all celebrate them.

I hope they also get the chance to fuck your mother and/or significant other.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:39 pm

Cameron wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Time for Izzo to run Bess and Ellis off the team. Yet somehow the blowars will either blame the player or say it was mutual just like all of Izzo's other transfers, and we've had a lot too...

Don't we just need to free up 1 scholarship for Jackson? I don't follow this stuff super closely, so I could be mistaken. If Davis leaves, does that give us the scholarship we need? Or is the 1 scholarship thing I heard assuming Davis stays?

Regardless, I really liked what I saw from Ellis towards the end of the season (particularly his passing), I want him to stick around. There were games where I felt he was a better option than Harris, and even Forbes during Bryn's little cold streak.

I agree on Bess though, I expected more from him this year. I don't really wanna see anyone pushed out against their will (unless they've had disciplinary issues), I don't think that's the spirit of our program. But it might be mutually beneficial for program and player if Javon finished his career elsewhere.

Fwiw, we will need to get a Scholly for goins. Should have offered him over arhens
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:14 pm

Do all new players get an AMC ticket to the movie. One AMC ticket?

Would that be an illegal benefit?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Bess or Ahrens
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Didn't he say something similar to this the other year? No one left.

I just can't picture Izzo running anyone off the team that wants to stay.

I agree with most of the speculations that at least one player declares for the draft or transfers.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:04 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Fwiw, we will need to get a Scholly for goins.

Says who?   You?

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 1966794946 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 1966794946 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 1966794946 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 1966794946
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Isn't goins already on scholly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:31 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Isn't goins already on scholly

For this year. But he came as a walk on and knew the schollie this year was a one time thing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:52 pm

Ahrens had offers from Cincinnati, Dayton, Kent State, Miami, Toledo and Xavier and those were teams just in Ohio. His other Big Ten offers were Iowa and umaa.

He got to campus and decided he didn't want a redshirt this season. But once the season started he didn't see the PT and the longer the season went the less he was on the floor. He burned a year of eligibility. If he decides to transfer or its recommended he transfers sitting out a year might be the best thing for him.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:23 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Ahrens had offers from Cincinnati, Dayton, Kent State, Miami, Toledo and Xavier and those were teams just in Ohio. His other Big Ten offers were Iowa and umaa.

He got to campus and decided he didn't want a redshirt this season. But once the season started he didn't see the PT and the longer the season went the less he was on the floor. He burned a year of eligibility. If he decides to transfer or its recommended he transfers sitting out a year might be the best thing for him.

Such an impressive list. Good thing we picked him over Jackson next year
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Such an impressive list.  Good thing we picked him over Jackson next year

What a tool, you wouldn't get offered by those schools as a urinal cleaner and you show your stupidity by mocking him?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:Such an impressive list.  Good thing we picked him over Jackson next year

What a tool, you wouldn't get offered by those schools as a urinal cleaner and you show your stupidity by mocking him?

Sorry if my decision between Mac level and #1 plaYer next year, and my team is loaded, I go with number one
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:15 pm

I just hope Ahrens or Bess get the Byrd treatment. It wasn't fair to MoJo that he didn't get to kiss the logo.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I just hope Ahrens or Bess get the Byrd treatment. It wasn't fair to MoJo that he didn't get to kiss the logo.

Garrick Sherman should totally tweet about this.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:09 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I just hope Ahrens or Bess get the Byrd treatment. It wasn't fair to MoJo that he didn't get to kiss the logo.

I always liked MoJo. I think it's mostly because of his nickname and the fact that he's Canadian.

Also, fuck you.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Isn't Byrd the only transfer player that had a game here after he transferred kinda the main reason that none of them got to kiss the S.  

BTW, I'm confused too.  If Davis leaves doesn't that free up the one scholly that we need.

Ellis III, who I've been a huge critic of, was pretty damn good down the stretch.  Outplayed Harris a lot.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:31 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:Isn't Byrd the only transfer player that had a game here after he transferred kinda the main reason that none of them got to kiss the S.  

BTW, I'm confused too.  If Davis leaves doesn't that free up the one scholly that we need.

Ellis III, who I've been a huge critic of, was pretty damn good down the stretch.  Outplayed Harris a lot.

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 65203709
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:32 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:Isn't Byrd the only transfer player that had a game here after he transferred kinda the main reason that none of them got to kiss the S.  

Mr. March purposely scheduled the game for Byrd. We don't usually schedule random tiny schools from the West coast for exhibitions. It's interesting that he never did the same for any of his other transfers.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Correct on Davis.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:38 pm

Giant Moose wrote:

Mr. March purposely scheduled the game for Byrd. We don't usually schedule random tiny schools from the West coast for exhibitions. It's interesting that he never did the same for any of his other transfers.

Go fuck yourself.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Giant Moose wrote:

ND would never play us at the Breslin. Too soft like their leader, Garrick Sherman.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 pm

I was talking about MoJo. He's a pretty good assistant in DC for George Washington. I follow him on Twitter. I found it interesting he didn't offer any nice words about MSU after we got upset, but rather just a tweet about general upsets in this tourney.

Sometimes what people don't say about the program is telling. Not everybody is as forward as Sherman.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Giant Moose wrote:I was talking about MoJo. He's a pretty good assistant in DC for George Washington. I follow him on Twitter. I found it interesting he didn't offer any nice words about MSU after we got upset, but rather just a tweet about general upsets in this tourney.

Sometimes what people don't say about the program is telling. Not everybody is as forward as Sherman.

Go to kiddie movies alone: Check
Follows guys who are assistants at also ran schools on twitter: Check
Has a hard on for guys on this board: Check

em, wtf? Time to take a step back and re-evaluate, but hey, that's just me.

Are you running with us in Maryland next November?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:36 pm

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:I was talking about MoJo. He's a pretty good assistant in DC for George Washington. I follow him on Twitter. I found it interesting he didn't offer any nice words about MSU after we got upset, but rather just a tweet about general upsets in this tourney.

Good point. Moose and Blanch32 vs dwags and duffy. This is definitely PPV
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:44 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

I have to go one on one with you first. As much as I'm playing, and it's only been a bit now, I can't go more than 45 minutes. Legs give out, and breath gets real short. I don't think you can overcome that at 54 years, I don't know though. I have zero legs about 20 minutes in, but I can still move. After 45 minutes, fuck me. I have to believe it's old age atrophy. Who knows. I'm not googling it, I'm just going to keep playing see if it gets better. I've been told it will, but there is a wall I hit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

This was OTPT's battle. I am seriously afraid of DWags. He has anger management issues.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

This was OTPT's battle. I am seriously afraid of DWags. He has anger management issues.

Jesus, that was easy and you are revealing more about yourself by each post. Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

We get Izzo to coach us and you guys get Jud.

No sharing needles.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:41 pm

DWags wrote:
Giant Moose wrote:

Jesus, that was easy and you are revealing more about yourself by each post. Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600
Dude, you get mad at some random Maryland fan for saying Go Terps and flipping you off. I have talked about Mr. March's struggles so much that I seriously think you would cheapshot me as I went for a layup. I don't need to go through that.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:54 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Dude, you get mad at some random Maryland fan for saying Go Terps and flipping you off. I have talked about Mr. March's struggles so much that I seriously think you would cheapshot me as I went for a layup. I don't need to go through that.

Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600 Mr. March says some guys are going to have to make decisions about next year... 502811600

Man, I'm learning a shit ton about you today. Movies, twitter, this...... this is great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:10 am

Blanch32 wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Ahrens had offers from Cincinnati, Dayton, Kent State, Miami, Toledo and Xavier and those were teams just in Ohio. His other Big Ten offers were Iowa and umaa.

He got to campus and decided he didn't want a redshirt this season.  But once the season started he didn't see the PT and the longer the season went the less he was on the floor.  He burned a year of eligibility.  If he decides to transfer or its recommended he transfers sitting out a year might be the best thing for him.

Such an impressive list.  Good thing we picked him over Jackson next year

Just a question blanch.  just one.

Have you ever participated in an HS activity, athletics, drama or music where you were the best in your HS, the best in your area much less be rated as one of the top 150 by two national groups?

According to the NCAA 3.4% of about 541,000 boys playing on a HS team will play in college at any level, D1, D2 or D3.  There are only 351 D1 teams.  Ahrens got scholarship offers from twelve of them.  By getting that many offers he's already exceeded any accomplishment you have ever had in excellence even if he would sit on the end of the bench for MSU.

Your arrogance about your alleged basketball knowledge is only exceeded by your stupidity.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 am

Watched talking Spartans on the Freep this morning, all of them expect Davis to come back.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:16 am

steveschneider wrote:Watched talking Spartans on the Freep this morning, all of them expect Davis to come back.

He probably should, but I'm not quite as certain. I hope he talks to Harris and DayDay and gets some perspective on the fact that the NBA isn't all wine and roses. Another year of improving his game, toughening his mind and dealing with the media, etc would probably help the kid. That said none of us know all the family dynamics or what he wants.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:17 am

steveschneider wrote:Watched talking Spartans on the Freep this morning, all of them expect Davis to come back.

Still think he should declare and go to the combine. He can decide in May after that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next