Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year?

+8
tGreenWay
y2kMgrad
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
12 posters

Go down

Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year? Empty Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year?

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-15, 17:24

No poll because no one wants to hear tGreenWay cry.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year? Empty Re: Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-15, 17:31

Is he leaving Bama?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year? Empty Re: Will USC and/or Texas make a run at Saban after this year?

Post by DWags 2016-11-15, 17:42

His wife would go to USC, but he might not have that move left in him.  USC's bag men aren't what they used to be either.  Saban/LSU was a real good mix.  He was willing to cheat here a bit, at LSU I'm assuming they let him cheat a lot.  Bama/Saban is a match made in heaven.  He will never be able to do what he does at Bama in other spots.   he's a perfect fit there.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-11-15, 18:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Is he leaving Bama?

Moot point. The AD has to tell the boosters he's willing to be bold and break the bank. They'll get rebuffed and move on.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-11-15, 18:11

Herman to Texas

LSU sticks with native Cajun Ed Orgeron
USC stays with Helton
WMU's Fleck sits tight after getting a raise to $950K
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-15, 19:06

NigelUno wrote:No poll because no one wants to hear tGreenWay cry.

I want to hear Greenway cry.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-11-15, 19:14

I hope so I'm sick of those rednecks winning every year.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-15, 19:17

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-11-15, 19:18

Turtleneck wrote:

I want to hear Greenway cry.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-15, 20:55

GRR Spartan wrote:Herman to Texas

LSU sticks with native Cajun Ed Orgeron
USC stays with Helton
WMU's Fleck sits tight after getting a raise to $950K

so simpleton
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-15, 21:48

DWags wrote:His wife would go to USC, but he might not have that move left in him.  USC's bag men aren't what they used to be either.  Saban/LSU was a real good mix.  He was willing to cheat here a bit, at LSU I'm assuming they let him cheat a lot.  Bama/Saban is a match made in heaven.  He will never be able to do what he does at Bama in other spots.   he's a perfect fit there.

I think it's his nature to bolt. Rumor was he was interested in the NY Giants job last year (and Texas before).

I think he might leave if he wins another title this year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-11-15, 21:54

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:His wife would go to USC, but he might not have that move left in him.  USC's bag men aren't what they used to be either.  Saban/LSU was a real good mix.  He was willing to cheat here a bit, at LSU I'm assuming they let him cheat a lot.  Bama/Saban is a match made in heaven.  He will never be able to do what he does at Bama in other spots.   he's a perfect fit there.

I think it's his nature to bolt. Rumor was he was interested in the NY Giants job last year (and Texas before).

People say that but, is it? He left msu for what was probably a better opportunity, which considering he won a national championship there is that really arguable? Maybe you could say he would have done that here too, but obviously he didn't think so. He left there for the NFL because he wanted to take a shot there. Then he didn't succeed and he went back to college at the best opportunity available and has been there for a long time. Does that resume really add up to "it's in his nature to bolt?" I don't think so. if he had left Alabama after a couple years, sure. But this isn't exactly Larry brown we're talking about here.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-15, 22:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

People say that but, is it? He left msu for what was probably a better opportunity, which considering he won a national championship there is that really arguable? Maybe you could say he would have done that here too, but obviously he didn't think so. He left there for the NFL because he wanted to take a shot there. Then he didn't succeed and he went back to college at the best opportunity available and has been there for a long time. Does that resume really add up to "it's in his nature to bolt?" I don't think so. if he had left Alabama after a couple years, sure. But this isn't exactly Larry brown we're talking about here.

I think he's already tried to leave Alabama.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-15, 22:11

The best fucking college football coach ever has tried to leave Bama and it didn't work?

But nigel that wasn't really trav's point.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-15, 22:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The best fucking college football coach ever has tried to leave Bama and it didn't work?

But nigel that wasn't really trav's point.

He hasn't left Alabama. That is true.

I think he likes new challenges, and I think he's explored a few while at Alabama. So, I think it's his nature to seek new challenges and more money. And it wouldn't surprise me if he explores new opportunities after this year.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-11-15, 22:26

Saban to UT.

But I'm biased.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-15, 22:42

GreanWeigh
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-11-15, 22:48

id be shocked if Saban did anything but retire.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-15, 23:32

Les Miles to Texas
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-16, 11:09

gHost Spartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I agree with this. Dude was at MSU for a decent number of years, left for what he considered a better opportunity, won a national championship at LSU, then naturally went to the NFL. Didn't work out and he's been at Alabama ever since then.

Check your PMs.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down