Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons

+3
xsanguine
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  Empty Re: Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 9:28 am

meh.. there are a lot of egos tied up in that sort of thing so I'm not surprised that some people are upset about it.

I think I moved past the need to pay money to start a specific event that covers a specific distance at a specific time along with a bunch of other people 15-20 years ago. If people are really competing against themselves, it seems counter-intuitive that someone would participate in such an organized event versus thousands of other people, anyway.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  Empty Re: Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 10:23 am

Lance Armstrong needed to cheat. Thousands of football and baseball players cheat. Guys who I play golf with will drop a ball and not count it as a shot. I don't get it either. I've never cracked 90 on a golf course in my life. The first time I do, I want to be able to say it was legit. I have friends who have actually ranked kids lower than what they should have been because they were "drafting" for either Soccer or Softball and wanted to draft certain kids, so they ranked them a 3 instead of a 1 and took them on the second pick and shit like that. I dont' get it.

As far as competing in a group, I do get those people who like to join the these large races. They use it as motivation and a means to measure themselves. But if they're cutting corners, I don't understand how they can go home and say "I did this time today". WTF?

Meh, I guess we all probably do shit in some manner that makes the task easier.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 11:59 am

DWags wrote:

As far as competing in a group, I do get those people who like to join the these large races. They use it as motivation and a means to measure themselves. But if they're cutting corners, I don't understand how they can go home and say "I did this time today". WTF?

They're not interested in proving anything to themselves. They gain their self worth through validation from others. Therefore they want the others to think they did such and such an activity in such a time. It's an insecurity, desiring validation from others to the extent that they'll lie in order to gain that satisfaction. We're all insecure in some way... But typically those that require validation from others never got satisfactory validation from their parents early in life and are on a life long quest to get validation from others. I'm sure it presents itself in other facets of their lives.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 11:59 am

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

They're not interested in proving anything to themselves. They gain their self worth through validation from others. Therefore they want the others to think they did such and such an activity in such a time. It's an insecurity, desiring validation from others to the extent that they'll lie in order to gain that satisfaction. We're all insecure in some way... But typically those that require validation from others never got satisfactory validation from their parents early in life and are on a life long quest to get validation from others. I'm sure it presents itself in other facets of their lives.
this.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 12:23 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm pretty sure I can think of some examples. Was this girl winning money? Sponsorships? Sometimes people cheat for financial gain, and not for validation. Maybe in this case both, but I dont' follow such things as bike chases and running after each other.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 12:24 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I'm pretty sure I can think of some examples. Was this girl winning money? Sponsorships? Sometimes people cheat for financial gain, and not for validation. Maybe in this case both, but I dont' follow such things as bike chases and running after each other.

Sometimes. But sometimes people strive for financial gains to get validation, also.

In the end that's what it's all about.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 12:37 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Sometimes. But sometimes people strive for financial gains to get validation, also.

a buddy of mine tried to talk me into doing Barry Roubaix this year.. I was like "dude, why would I do that"??

Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 12:48 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

a buddy of mine tried to talk me into doing Barry Roubaix this year.. I was like "dude, why would I do that"??

I had to google that, Bob. (I still don't even own a road bike!)

It's the same as with Tuff Mudder and all those other obstacle courses so people can post pictures of themselves getting dirty on Facebook. I've got a friend, she used to be very unhealthy looking in high school but has gotten into cross fit and weight lifting... And I lift every day and keep tabs on how much I'm lifting and all that... But every post she makes is either a picture of her muscular physique or about her calorie intake or how much weight she cleans, etc.

I usually get my validation for my fitness from all the young ladies that start random conversations in line at the grocery store or their inability to look elsewhere when I approach. Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  Brittish
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 12:49 pm

I've never felt the need to post on Facebook. There's a lot of psycho analyzing that goes on and a lot of self-consciousness also. I don't want pictures of my life in public view or for people to know where I checked in at. That's just asking to have your house robbed by a "friend of a friend"...

Now message boards on the other hand....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 12:52 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:a buddy of mine tried to talk me into doing Barry Roubaix this year.. I was like "dude, why would I do that"??

I had to google that, Bob. (I still don't even own a road bike!)

It's the same as with Tuff Mudder and all those other obstacle courses so people can post pictures of themselves getting dirty on Facebook. I've got a friend, she used to be very unhealthy looking in high school but has gotten into cross fit and weight lifting... And I lift every day and keep tabs on how much I'm lifting and all that... But every post she makes is either a picture of her muscular physique or about her calorie intake or how much weight she cleans, etc.

I usually get my validation for my fitness from all the young ladies that start random conversations in line at the grocery store or their inability to look elsewhere when I approach. Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  Brittish

yeah, it's a bit odd.. and certainly not my scene. Some people, obviously, are into it for a variety of reasons, I'm sure - which is cool. I see the Playmakers folks running around East Lansing, Okemos, etc and I get uncomfortable.. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

of course, a lot of things don't make sense to me.. Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 12:53 pm

xsanguine wrote:I've never felt the need to post on Facebook. There's a lot of psycho analyzing that goes on and a lot of self-consciousness also. I don't want pictures of my life in public view or for people to know where I checked in at. That's just asking to have your house robbed by a "friend of a friend"...

Now message boards on the other hand....
you should see my photo album titled "Loving the Lazy Life Up North" on my Facebook page... it is nothing less than impressive. All of my Facebook friends say so.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic April 12th 2016, 12:56 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Those of us who compete in these types of events don't give a shit really where you finish, it's a battle between you and your body

Artist and a triathlete...is there anything gHost can't do?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 12:56 pm

It probably looks like a Gap ad, I imagine.

Khaki shorts, Birkenstock sandles and silky button ups, amirite?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 12:56 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

so how do we know we're doing some thing that we just want to do and not for validation? This is confusing. Do we have kids for validation? Do we take a shower for validation? I don't want to have to think too deep about this. So, please be brief.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 12:56 pm

Nordic wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:Those of us who compete in these types of events don't give a shit really where you finish, it's a battle between you and your body

Artist and a triathlete...is there anything gHost can't do?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 12:58 pm

xsanguine wrote:It probably looks like a Gap ad, I imagine.

Khaki shorts, Birkenstock sandles and silky button ups, amirite?
this is us last August on one of our many family trips Up North.

Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  Primary-color-clothes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic April 12th 2016, 12:59 pm

xsanguine wrote:It's the same as with Tuff Mudder and all those other obstacle courses so people can post pictures of themselves getting dirty on Facebook.

Don't judge me...suns out guns out
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 1:07 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

so how do we know we're doing some thing that we just want to do and not for validation? This is confusing. Do we have kids for validation? Do we take a shower for validation? I don't want to have to think too deep about this. So, please be brief.

Yes. It's just some people's need for validation presents itself based on what satisfies the individual's insecurities are most prominent.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 1:19 pm

Nordic wrote:
xsanguine wrote:It's the same as with Tuff Mudder and all those other obstacle courses so people can post pictures of themselves getting dirty on Facebook.

Don't judge me...suns out guns out

I know that guy, too.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 1:44 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yes. It's just some people's need for validation presents itself based on what satisfies the individual's insecurities are most prominent.

So, by wanting kids, am I screaming that I feel like I wasn't loved enough by my parents and I need to produce something that I can love to help me cope with that? Why didn't I just keep getting cats?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 1:49 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

So, by wanting kids, am I screaming that I feel like I wasn't loved enough by my parents and I need to produce something that I can love to help me cope with that? Why didn't I just keep getting cats?

I dunno about the kids. There could be other motivations. Do you have an active social media presence where pictures of them are a focal point?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 1:50 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

I dunno about the kids. There could be other motivations. Do you have an active social media presence where pictures of them are a focal point?
hey, don't drag me into this.

(have you checked my Instagram account?? I have some very impressive pictures of my family on there...)

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 2:21 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Damn, so what about the pictures I have in the house of them? Those too? You mean, we've done that because we want everyone who comes over to see that, which will validate us to them? I'm really getting bummed out.

Fuck, i also bought a truck last april. I really didn't need that truck. Seriously. I'm thinking about all the shit in my life now. Fuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk, new golf clubs. Why? My game sucked, but there they are. They won't help my game.

Holy shit, I need to see somebody now. The more I think about this, the more I'm getting creeped out. Fuck you xsan. you've really got me reeling here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 2:58 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Damn, so what about the pictures I have in the house of them? Those too? You mean, we've done that because we want everyone who comes over to see that, which will validate us to them? I'm really getting bummed out.

Fuck, i also bought a truck last april. I really didn't need that truck. Seriously. I'm thinking about all the shit in my life now. Fuuuuuuccccckkkkkkk, new golf clubs. Why? My game sucked, but there they are. They won't help my game.

Holy shit, I need to see somebody now. The more I think about this, the more I'm getting creeped out. Fuck you xsan. you've really got me reeling here.

Are the pictures of your kids just in the foyer and absent the rest of the house? If so, we may want to talk about your relationship with your mother, Dwags...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 3:11 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Are the pictures of your kids just in the foyer and absent the rest of the house? If so, we may want to talk about your relationship with your mother, Dwags...
I would get involved in this discussion but I'm busy registering for a triathlon.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:18 pm

Do your biking tights match your bike frame? And helmet and water bottle and shoes...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 3:20 pm

xsanguine wrote:Do your biking tights match your bike frame? And helmet and water bottle and shoes...

hell no.. in fact, if it looks like I might even be close to approaching the strata of "matching", I change clothes.. can't have any of that going on.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 3:22 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

You know I'm really not joking when I say I've been thinking about the shit I've bought for myself and my house that I just don't fucking need. I'm evaluating why I like to see pictures of ex football players and students on Facebook and their kids too. I feel happy for them because they seem to be having a blast with their kids and never thought they were seeking my validation. I want to somehow say to them they don't need it, but maybe they do. At the same time I don't want to stop enjoying their growth and life. However, that also goes back to whether I need that for my own validation.

This day, along with Davis and Jackson has depressed the shit out of me. Thanks fucker.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 3:26 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You know I'm really not joking when I say I've been thinking about the shit I've bought for myself and my house that I just don't fucking need.  I'm evaluating why I like to see pictures of ex football players and students on Facebook and their kids too. I feel happy for them because they seem to be having a blast with their kids and never thought they were seeking my validation.  I want to somehow say to them they don't need it, but maybe they do. At the same time I don't want to stop enjoying their growth and life. However, that also goes back to whether I need that for my own validation.

This day, along with Davis and Jackson has depressed the shit out of me.  Thanks fucker.
put on an MSU article of clothing... that always restores happiness in my heart.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:28 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You know I'm really not joking when I say I've been thinking about the shit I've bought for myself and my house that I just don't fucking need. I'm evaluating why I like to see pictures of ex football players and students on Facebook and their kids too. I feel happy for them because they seem to be having a blast with their kids and never thought they were seeking my validation. I want to somehow say to them they don't need it, but maybe they do. At the same time I don't want to stop enjoying their growth and life. However, that also goes back to whether I need that for my own validation.

This day, along with Davis and Jackson has depressed the shit out of me. Thanks fucker.

We're pack animals. We all look for validation from others in our own ways. It's what makes us special (snowflakes).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 3:28 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Do your biking tights match your bike frame? And helmet and water bottle and shoes...

hell no.. in fact, if it looks like I might even be close to approaching the strata of "matching", I change clothes.. can't have any of that going on.

Are you saying that to seek xsan's validation?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 3:29 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

We're pack animals. We all look for validation from others in our own ways. It's what makes us special (snowflakes).

Are you trying to make me feel better. I'm really taking stock today in my life.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags April 12th 2016, 3:31 pm

If I seek a divorce this week don't be shocked.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:31 pm

Take a look at me in the political threads. I'm like a Artie Lange-esque mess when it comes to those.

Mommy and daddy must have never listened to my totally awesome ideas when I was little.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:32 pm

DWags wrote:If I seek a divorce this week don't be shocked.

Hahahaha..... Tell your wife you only married her because you sought the validation of your friends through a trophy wife. I'm sure she'll see the compliment buried in there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 3:33 pm

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: Interesting article on a woman who was cheating in the triathlons  502811600

Are you saying that to seek xsan's validation?
no, I'm just saying that I don't wear clothes that match.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:44 pm

I met a guy once at a job and he seemed cool. He was born in the States but was raised in England since he was a young child. He had a very thick southeastern English accent... Always referred to women as "love" and thing that were "bollocks" and all that. The whole 9 yards.

A couple of months later turns out another individual started working for the same company and actually knew this individual from elementary school... Middle school... Even high school. All in Michigan. Weird.

The "British" guy quit one week later.

Imagine the fun a psychiatrist would have with someone like that...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine April 12th 2016, 3:45 pm

Psychologist.... Not psychiatrist. I'm on mobile (autocorrect)....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 12th 2016, 3:48 pm

xsanguine wrote:I met a guy once at a job and he seemed cool. He was born in the States but was raised in England since he was a young child. He had a very thick southeastern English accent... Always referred to women as "love" and thing that were "bollocks" and all that. The whole 9 yards.

A couple of months later turns out another individual started working for the same company and actually knew this individual from elementary school... Middle school... Even high school. All in Michigan. Weird.

The "British" guy quit one week later.

Imagine the fun a psychiatrist would have with someone like that...
he seems like the kind of person who, as an adult, would go out in public dressed up in a super hero costume.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano April 19th 2016, 8:48 am

I think I'm gonna put a 26.2 sticker on my bike to make sure everyone knows I've ran a marathon..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next