Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

+6
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
xsanguine
DWags
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert Empty Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:03 pm

Over three days

Yeah, the wife and I would try to be there.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/bob-dylan-neil-young-paul-mccartney-rolling-stones-talks-mega-concert-73771
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert Empty Re: Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Sounds like a 3 day nap.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert Empty Re: Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:05 pm

xsanguine wrote:Sounds like a 3 day nap.

You quit drugs? Good for you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:12 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Sounds like a 3 day nap.

Are you kidding me? Sobriety sucks.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:21 pm

DWags wrote:Over three days

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/bob-dylan-neil-young-paul-mccartney-rolling-stones-talks-mega-concert-73771

First basketball, now this. Dwags is having a full blown mid life crisis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:30 pm

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:Over three days

The fuck? I need to stop going to concerts?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:34 pm

I like all of those bands/artists mentioned. I've seen Bob Dylan several times but haven't seen a good show since 97. The Stones are alright live still... but seeing elderly people gyrate feels very, very wrong for some reason. Daltry might as well lip-sync now that his voice went to shit and Paul McCartney just sings bed time lullabies now.

Neil Young still rocks, though.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:42 pm

The best bands either break up after 2-3 albums after a dramatic fist fight or the lead singer kills himself at their peak. Once they go beyond that it's just pathetic. I mean, really... really pathetic... it makes me want to put a shotgun in my own mouth seeing some of these reunion tours. Sure, there's anomalies like Pearl Jam.. but that's about it.

Chris Martin should have taken a swan dive off the London wheel after A Rush Of Blood
James Iha should have shot Billy Corgan following Melon Collie.
The Rolling Stones should have broken up on the Exile On Main St. tour after an on-stage brawl in Nebraska.

Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchins... these were all artists who knew when to call it quits and how to call it quits. Everyone else are just a bunch of Streisands...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:53 pm

I think if you go there and expect to relive their peak playing time, you set yourself up for disappointment. I saw a it of the artists decades ago. They were great. Hell we went to the stones twice in 82 because we thought that would be the end.

To me it's just a nostalgic thing. It's like going to see an old timers game at Jenison Field house with Magic. I know what I'm getting. I also have a friend who steadfastly refuses to see old time acts because it "ruins" it for him in regards to when he saw them in the 70's. To each their own.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:55 pm

By the way, i Watched JGeils a couple summers ago warming up Bon Jovi. They still rocked. Bon Jovi sucked and we left early.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:10 pm

xsanguine wrote:The best bands either break up after 2-3 albums after a dramatic fist fight or the lead singer kills himself at their peak. Once they go beyond that it's just pathetic. I mean, really... really pathetic... it makes me want to put a shotgun in my own mouth seeing some of these reunion tours. Sure, there's anomalies like Pearl Jam.. but that's about it.

Chris Martin should have taken a swan dive off the London wheel after A Rush Of Blood
James Iha should have shot Billy Corgan following Melon Collie.
The Rolling Stones should have broken up on the Exile On Main St. tour after an on-stage brawl in Nebraska.

Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchins... these were all artists who knew when to call it quits and how to call it quits. Everyone else are just a bunch of Streisands...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:20 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Are you kidding me? Sobriety sucks.

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:41 pm

DWags wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

The fuck? I need to stop going to concerts?

That's not a concert, that's a festival. Big difference
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:30 pm

DWags wrote:I think if you go there and expect to relive their peak playing time, you set yourself up for disappointment.  

I just want some passion... that artistic fire. You lose that somewhere between your 2nd and 3rd albums. These guys are going through the motions and charging $300 and that's great, good for them. But you're just watching an act at this point... not someone baring their soul and connecting with people on a spiritual level. It's contrived. Like watching a boy band do choreographed dances while they sing. They're collecting a check... and again, good for them. But do you really want to pay that kind of money to watch someone be a shell of themselves in front of 10k+ people?

I mean, watch U2's Rattle & Hum and then watch any show of theirs from the past 20 years..... ugh... you get the same douche chills that you'd get watching Ken Griffey Jr come back. You had a great swing, man... probably the best there ever was... you were the shit, but... it's over, dude. It's over. Get into broadcasting or something but you're just shitting your pants, live in front of the world now. Have some respect for yourselves, ya know?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:41 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:I think if you go there and expect to relive their peak playing time, you set yourself up for disappointment.

I just want some passion... that artistic fire. You lose that somewhere between your 2nd and 3rd albums. These guys are going through the motion and charging $300 and that's great, good for them. But you're just watching an act at this point... not someone baring their soul and connecting with people on a spiritual level.

I mean, watch U2's Rattle & Hum and then watch any show of theirs from the past 20 years..... ugh... you get the same douche chills that you'd get watching Ken Griffey Jr come back. You had a great swing, man... probably the best there ever was... you were the shit, but... it's over, dude. It's over. Get into broadcasting or something but you're just shitting your pants, live in front of the world now. Have some respect for yourselves, ya know?

I also don't think they can play to big arenas. It takes energy. The JGeils band were all very passionate, sitting five rows back you could see it. They still lived to jam and sing, but I don't think it projected out to ford field. I think that passion you speak of is still there in a lot of 60 year old musicians, I just don't think they can project that energy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:44 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

I just want some passion... that artistic fire. You lose that somewhere between your 2nd and 3rd albums. These guys are going through the motion and charging $300 and that's great, good for them. But you're just watching an act at this point... not someone baring their soul and connecting with people on a spiritual level.

I also don't think they can play to big arenas. It takes energy.  The JGeils band were all very passionate, sitting five rows back you could see it. They still lived to jam and sing, but I don't think it projected out to ford field.  I think that passion you speak of is still there in a lot of 60 year old musicians, I just don't think they can project that energy.

There's a difference between being a performer and being a musician.

Mariah Carey is a performer. Warren Zevon was a musician. If you're no longer writing songs that can change the world but performing songs that had a profound effect 40 years ago... what have you become?

Now who would you rather go see... an artist? Or a pretender who used to be an artist?

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:11 pm

Dylan and Young are the only ones worth listening to anymore. Neil Young's song about George Bush and the presentation of it was masterful.

Dylan's last album was good.

The who and the stones are just old men
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:13 pm

Have you seen Dylan live in the past 15 years, Roc?

That guy needs to be put down. He's embarrassing himself out there.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:20 pm

xsanguine wrote:Have you seen Dylan live in the past 15 years, Roc?

That guy needs to be put down. He's embarrassing himself out there.

This is him performing last year or this year, songs from his most recent album.  

I don't think he'sounds any worse than he ever did.  He sounds old, but so does Leonard Cohen, and I love him.

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:32 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

I also don't think they can play to big arenas. It takes energy.  The JGeils band were all very passionate, sitting five rows back you could see it. They still lived to jam and sing, but I don't think it projected out to ford field.  I think that passion you speak of is still there in a lot of 60 year old musicians, I just don't think they can project that energy.

There's a difference between being a performer and being a musician.

Mariah Carey is a performer. Warren Zevon was a musician. If you're no longer writing songs that can change the world but performing songs that had a profound effect 40 years ago... what have you become?

Now who would you rather go see... an artist? Or a pretender who used to be an artist?

Nah, I've read novels more than once. A great message like a great song can still speak to you. Well to me anyway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Old people have their charm, I suppose.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:50 pm

Yeah I think Machiavelli is like 557 years old.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:51 pm

xsanguine wrote:Old people have their charm, I suppose.

No. Old people suck. Old people who have something to say are awesome.

95% have nothing to say beyond bitterness or reminiscent bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:54 pm

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Old people have their charm, I suppose.

Where do you fall in that?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:07 pm

xsanguine wrote:... it makes me want to put a shotgun in my own mouth........Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchins... these were all artists who knew when to call it quits and how to call it quits. Everyone else are just a bunch of Streisands...
So why don't you follow your own advice?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:25 pm

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

No idea. It depends on my mood and who I'm hanging out with. I find myself infinitely interesting, DWags.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

No idea. It depends on my mood and who I'm hanging out with. I find myself infinitely interesting, DWags.

Wanna ask my 19 year old daughter and her friends? Everything is relative. Shit I remember my wife at 45 screaming at my daughters "damn it I'm cool!"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:52 pm

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Wanna ask my 19 year old daughter and her friends? Everything is relative. Shit I remember my wife at 45 screaming at my daughters "damn it I'm cool!"

No because I need a 19 year old's respect like I need a hemorrhoid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:42 pm

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

No because I need a 19 year old's respect like I need a hemorrhoid.

I thought we were just talking interesting, not respect. I hope my kids respect everyone. Even guys they find boring
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm

BleacherSwill wrote:
xsanguine wrote:... it makes me want to put a shotgun in my own mouth........Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Michael Hutchins... these were all artists who knew when to call it quits and how to call it quits. Everyone else are just a bunch of Streisands...

Only support real artists?

I do. Shitting on other people's desire to see legacy acts is just the bonus.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:32 pm

xsanguine wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

i think, you and I, might be going through life not realizing people are giving that little shake of the head at us coupled with a chuckle as we walk away.

Welp.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:35 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

i think, you and I, might be going through life not realizing people are giving that little shake of the head at us coupled with a chuckle as we walk away.

Welp.

Let 'em talk, Dwags. We know, in our hearts, what we stand for.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:43 pm

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:

Welp.

Drugs good sex and a fun college football team?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 pm

DWags wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Drugs good sex and a fun college football team?

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert God_damn_right_breaking_bad
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:51 am

xsanguine wrote:

who would you rather go see... an artist? Or a pretender who used to be an artist?

[/youtube]

Rob Lowe sums it up perfectly....@1:27

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:14 am

Can you sum it up? I'm not watching 3:39 of Rob Lowe whether you thin he's an artist or not.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:36 am

xsanguine wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:

some sweet shows coming through this summer.. Frank Turner and Two Cow Garage in GR, Sturgill in Royal Oak, Lake Street Dive at Meijer Gardens.. OCMS at Meijer Garden, as well. I'm probably forgetting a few.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:06 am

Yeah Ghost, I'm pretty sure I won't seek anyone's approval to any concert venue I seek to buy a ticket to. No matter their taste in music. Enjoy the Cure.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:07 am

DWags wrote:Can you sum it up? I'm not watching 3:39 of Rob Lowe whether you thin he's an artist or not.

It's at 1:27. Then you only have to watch 2:12. If you want to. It's also not Rob Lowe... It's Eddie Nero, played by Rob Lowe.

He used to be a pretender, too. Now he's an artist.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:11 am

Yeah, that's too complicated of a story line for me Xsan. I'd rather re-read Djuana Barnes' Nightwood. Less work.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next