Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

+6
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Robert J Sakimano
Blanch32
xsanguine
DWags
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 09:15

He took a man in his mouth, Dwags. He took a man in his mouth and engineered his orgasm for art. Before that he was just a pretender... Gyrating around on stage like he's a 70 year old Britney Spears or some shit.

It's all about the art.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 Empty Re: Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert

Post by DWags 2016-04-19, 09:18

We are but skin about a wind, with muscles clenched against mortality. We sleep in a long reproachful dust against ourselves. We are full to the gorge with our own names for misery. Life, the pastures in which the night feeds and prunes the cud that nourishes us to despair. Life, the permission to know death. We were created that the earth might be made sensible of her inhuman taste; and love that the body might be so dear that even the earth should roar with it. Yes, we who are full to the gorge with misery should look well around, doubting everything seen, done, spoken, precisely because we have a word for it, and not its alchemy.”
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 09:22

DWags wrote:We are but skin about a wind, with muscles clenched against mortality. We sleep in a long reproachful dust against ourselves. We are full to the gorge with our own names for misery. Life, the pastures in which the night feeds and prunes the cud that nourishes us to despair. Life, the permission to know death. We were created that the earth might be made sensible of her inhuman taste; and love that the body might be so dear that even the earth should roar with it. Yes, we who are full to the gorge with misery should look well around, doubting everything seen, done, spoken, precisely because we have a word for it, and not its alchemy.”

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... And they're like, it's better than yaws. I could teach you, but I'd have to charge
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 09:26

xsanguine wrote:
DWags wrote:We are but skin about a wind, with muscles clenched against mortality. We sleep in a long reproachful dust against ourselves. We are full to the gorge with our own names for misery. Life, the pastures in which the night feeds and prunes the cud that nourishes us to despair. Life, the permission to know death. We were created that the earth might be made sensible of her inhuman taste; and love that the body might be so dear that even the earth should roar with it. Yes, we who are full to the gorge with misery should look well around, doubting everything seen, done, spoken, precisely because we have a word for it, and not its alchemy.”

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard... And they're like, it's better than yaws. I could teach you, but I'd have to charge
Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 B04e9c1dbd18bacd839dc50c7b8ef9e7
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-19, 09:58

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

No because I need a 19 year old's respect like I need a hemorrhoid.

I thought we were just talking interesting, not respect. I hope my kids respect everyone. Even guys they find boring

Your daughter and her friends are probably not the best barometer for what's cool and interesting, is all in saying.

Think about you at 19. I'm sure you were the epitome of cool.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 10:01

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

I thought we were just talking interesting, not respect. I hope my kids respect everyone. Even guys they find boring

Your daughter and her friends are probably not the best barometer for what's cool and interesting, is all in saying.

Think about you at 19. I'm sure you were the epitome of cool.
you mean I shouldn't listen to 19 year olds when they're fawning over Taylor Swift?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-19, 10:05

I'm sure tickets for "Old-fellas" will ne similar to Coachella. $499 for a GA three day pass. That's just the get in price - they have lots of upsell opportunities plus camping, parking and concessions.

Seen four of the six:

Dylan (2) - first time was incredible and second one was gawdawful.
The Who (5) - great show / never disappoints
Neil Young (7) - He's going to be backed by The Promise of the Real so expect long jams and some bustouts.
Roger Waters (5) - always a great show and will be interested in what he plays.

Never saw Macca and wouldn't mind seeing him.

My mom wouldn't let me see The Stones in 81 even though the scalpers were only asking $5 on a $15 ticket since they added a second Silverdome show late. It was a school night and I was in 9th grade. By the time they came back in 89 I wasn't that big of fan and time isn't on their side. That being said I'd see a solo Keef show in a heartbeat.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-19, 10:11

Roc, it just comes down to what you find interesting. Like I say, it's all relative. I like the fact my kids have "My music" on in their rooms or on their radios, or I see "A confederacy of dunces" on my kids dresser in her room, or whatever, but I don't expect my interests to mesh with theirs, and that's the best part. Their world is so different than mine 80% of the time. Would we really want it to be the same?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 10:19

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I'm sure tickets for "Old-fellas" will ne similar to Coachella. $499 for a GA three day pass. That's just the get in price - they have lots of upsell opportunities plus camping, parking and concessions.

Seen four of the six:

Dylan (2) - first time was incredible and second one was gawdawful.
The Who (5) - great show / never disappoints
Neil Young (7) - He's going to be backed by The Promise of the Real so expect long jams and some bustouts.
Roger Waters (5) - always a great show and will be interested in what he plays.

Never saw Macca and wouldn't mind seeing him.

My mom wouldn't let me see The Stones in 81 even though the scalpers were only asking $5 on a $15 ticket since they added a second Silverdome show late. It was a school night and I was in 9th grade. By the time they came back in 89 I wasn't that big of fan and time isn't on their side. That being said I'd see a solo Keef show in a heartbeat.
sounds like your Mom was more responsible than mine.. I saw KISS in 1976.

I was 7 - Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 502811600 Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-19, 10:20

Wags. No. The older you get until you're in like your mid 30s, you can't look back and seriously think you had a fucking clue. Therefore, anyone under that age, with very few exceptions, has opinions that just don't matter. They are people that are still forming. Giving a shit about what they thought would be pointless. They'll be someone else in 2 years. Life experience is what makes people interesting. It also can make them bitter, or stupidly nostalgic, but those people serve no purpose either. People I can't stand talking to for more that 10 min: anyone between the age of 3-22, or old people that just talk about the past.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 10:24

I saw Skrillex once.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 10:27

xsanguine wrote:I saw Skrillex once.
were you 19?

if so, tell me more.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-04-19, 10:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I saw Skrillex once.
were you 19?

if so, tell me more.

I must confess I lied. I probably would have had to be younger... Wasn't he a late 90's guy?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-04-19, 10:35

Roc, I guess I've been lucky to be around a lot of different stories as a h.s. administrators for a couple of decades and then through other organizations. Some are boring and predictable, but some are pretty cool. I've also been around a shit load of neighbors and friends in the 25-60 year old range. Some are boring and predictable and some aren't .

I dont' know exactly what you mean about "having a clue", but I wouldn't put any age group in a box. By and large, I get what you're saying, different generations are going to bore the shit out of the one you currently exist in. It's going to remain that way too I'm guessing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 11:06

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:were you 19?

if so, tell me more.

I must confess I lied. I probably would have had to be younger... Wasn't he a late 90's guy?
maybe, I don't really know. I'm not sure I could pick him out in a crowd of two.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-04-19, 11:07

Wagamuffin, By "having a clue" I mean your life experience has not caught up with your intellect until you're in your 30s generally. With a few exceptions.

Of course there are also people whose life experience outpaces their intellect. They are generally the bitter and/or nostalgic people I mentioned.

But I agree with you. Most people are interesting... For a while. I disagree that it's a generational thing though. Except in that kids don't know shit about anything beyond their feelings, and if you listen to them, you should kick yourself in the taint.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-04-19, 12:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote: sounds like your Mom was more responsible than mine.. I saw KISS in 1976.

I was 7 - Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 502811600 Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 3493939353

She did let me see The Who / Clash / Eddie Money Silverdome show less than a year later.

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 3493939353
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-04-19, 12:16

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: sounds like your Mom was more responsible than mine.. I saw KISS in 1976.

She did let me see The Who / Clash / Eddie Money Silverdome show less than a year later.

Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 3493939353
awesome.. Dylan Neil Young The Who Mccartney the Stones all in a mega concert - Page 2 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-06-21, 08:04

Robert Plant is a dick and has hated Led Zeppelin for 40 years.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/06/16/exclusive-led-zeppelin-nixed-14-mil-offer-for-oldchella-shows-same-amount-mccartney-stones-et-al-are-getting

Led Zeppelin turned down $14 million to play the “Oldchella” Desert Trip shows this fall with Paul McCartney, the Stones, Neil Young, the Who, Roger Waters and Bob Dylan.

My sources say that Jimmy Page was all for it, but Robert Plant wouldn’t agree to any kind of reunion. “Jimmy went crazy,” one source told me. “He really wanted to do it.”

All the acts, I’m told, are being paid $7 million per weekend. The shows run the two middle weekends of October in Indio, California.

The $7 million doesn’t include merchandise cuts, which will be huge.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-21, 08:16

DWags wrote:Yeah Ghost, I'm pretty sure I won't seek anyone's approval to any concert venue I seek to buy a ticket to. No matter their taste in music. Enjoy the Cure.

Lol. Fwags on tilt.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-06-21, 08:18

I have cinnamon girl on my drive playlist.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-21, 08:20

Good for you, Matlock.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-06-21, 19:07

Rocinante wrote:
xsanguine wrote:Old people have their charm, I suppose.

No. Old people suck. Old people who have something to say are awesome.

95% have nothing to say beyond bitterness or reminiscent bullshit.

More than 95% of your milquetoast generation is content trying to sound, look, and think like each other.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-06-21, 20:11

Okay pops. I'm probably about the same age as you.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2