Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

+29
RQA
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
TrapperGus
AvgMSUJoe
Heat Miser
xsanguine
Rocinante
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
Cameron
tGreenWay
DWags
I.B. Fine
Triple Sparty
Death Roe
Cym Jim
CheesySpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Blanch32
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
33 posters

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Guest 2016-11-01, 10:18

Robert J Sakimano wrote:hey Goose - look.. that mean 'ol librul media has your hero winning..

Keep repeating the big lie and somehow you think you'll convince someone other than Turtle it's true.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 Empty Re: Never any media bias - well maybe just a little. All the time.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 10:56

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:hey Goose - look.. that mean 'ol librul media has your hero winning..

Keep repeating the big lie and somehow you think you'll convince someone other than Turtle it's true.
Make America White Again.. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-01, 11:10

LooseGoose wrote:

I independently reached that conclusion. In fact, I was the first poster to pick up on your closet turn toward Trump.

Loose says he despises both Clinton and Trump, but a recent textual analysis of Loose's posts since the end of the D convention show he has made 417 negative posts about Clinton compared to one negative post about Trump.

In total he has made 615 posts about the election and 522 about the candidates. In the analysis, 104 posts were coded as neutral or about another candidate, compared to 418 that took a position on Clinton or Trump. Of the 418 that took a position, 99.8% were negative posts about Clinton. There were no positive posts about Clinton. While there were no positive posts about Trump, only the remaining .2% were negative. In this case the relative absence of negative suggests a positive.. It could not be more transparent.

For every post that Loose mentioned supporting Castle, he failed to articulate a reason or show any knowledge of the candidate. This was interpreted as a deflection tactic.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 11:14

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I independently reached that conclusion. In fact, I was the first poster to pick up on your closet turn toward Trump.

Loose says he despises both Clinton and Trump, but a recent textual analysis of Loose's posts since the end of the D convention show he has made 417 negative posts about Clinton compared to one negative post about Trump.

In total he has made 615 posts about the election and 522 about the candidates. In the analysis, 104 posts were coded as neutral or about another candidate, compared to 418 that took a position on Clinton or Trump. Of the 418 that took a position, 99.8% were negative posts about Clinton. There were no positive posts about Clinton. While there were no positive posts about Trump, only the remaining .2% were negative. In this case the relative absence of negative suggests a positive.. It could not be more transparent.

For every post that Loose mentioned supporting Castle, he failed to articulate a reason or show any knowledge of the candidate. This was interpreted as a deflection tactic.
I think you lost Goose when you brought up the basic 3rd grade math.

otherwise, solid work. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-01, 11:36

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

lol, bullshit. But you and your twin carry on supporting your felon.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 11:38

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

lol, bullshit. But you and your twin carry on supporting your felon.

to be someone who (I presume) is a big fan of the Constitution, you sure don't believe in due process.

of course, I'm not exactly shocked by your willingness to be morally selective about what constitutes a "crime".
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-01, 11:42

Goose is voting for Trump. lol.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 11:50

Rocinante wrote:Goose is voting for Trump. lol.
NO HE'S NOT!!!

HOW CAN YOU SAY SUCH A THING?!?!?!

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-01, 11:55

it's amusing how all the felon supporters are trying to project their guilt on others. I'm voting for Darrell Castle. Shall I take a picture and break MI law to prove it? If so, I'll expect pics from all of you supporting Hills as she tries to become the 1st PResident to be impeached before she's sworn in.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-01, 11:56

Goose is not a republican.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 11:59

LooseGoose wrote:it's amusing how all the felon supporters are trying to project their guilt on others.   I'm voting for Darrell Castle.   Shall I take a picture and break MI law to prove it?   If so, I'll expect pics from all of you supporting Hills as she tries to become the 1st PResident to be impeached before she's sworn in.
no need to worry - she's probably not even gonna get elected.

America is dumb enough to elect Trump - a racist, bigot, misogynist and admitted sexual predator. Maybe he'll nominate you as part of his cabinet..

you could be, like, I don't know - the Secretary of Square Dance or something..  Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 2599972566

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 Elderly-couples-square-dancing-picture-id86514548?k=6&m=86514548&s=170667a&w=0&h=SfCMCzFS6ve7_mqqpHZoFHKuoU5XxuXG_s8w4Im__tI=
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-01, 12:09

LooseGoose wrote:it's amusing how all the felon supporters are trying to project their guilt on others. I'm voting for Darrell Castle. Shall I take a picture and break MI law to prove it? If so, I'll expect pics from all of you supporting Hills as she tries to become the 1st PResident to be impeached before she's sworn in.

To put the analysis in proper context, through the primaries Loose was equally negative about both Trump and Clinton. Like the post-convention results of our study, through the primaries Loose had nothing positive to say about Clinton or Trump and was relatively equal in his negative remarks about the two candidates.

Between the end of the primaries and the conventions, the absence of positive remarks held true but a gap between negative remarks about Clinton and Trump emerged. Loose was willing to be far more critical of Clinton than Trump. After the conventions, the number of negative posts about Clinton actually increased while the number of negative posts about Trump dropped below 1%.

So, it is not that Loose always supported Trump. Clearly this was not the case. However, at some point, there was a shift that has been accounted for in this study.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-01, 12:11

lol Trump voter.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 12:13

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:it's amusing how all the felon supporters are trying to project their guilt on others.   I'm voting for Darrell Castle.   Shall I take a picture and break MI law to prove it?   If so, I'll expect pics from all of you supporting Hills as she tries to become the 1st PResident to be impeached before she's sworn in.

To put the analysis in proper context, through the primaries Loose was equally negative about both Trump and Clinton. Like the post-convention results of our study, through the primaries Loose had nothing positive to say about Clinton or Trump and was relatively equal in his negative remarks about the two candidates.

Between the end of the primaries and the conventions, the absence of positive remarks held true but a gap between negative remarks about Clinton and Trump emerged. Loose was willing to be far more critical of Clinton than Trump. After the conventions, the number of negative posts about Clinton actually increased while the number of negative posts about Trump dropped below 1%.

So, it is not that Loose always supported Trump. Clearly this was not the case. However, at some point, there was a shift that has been accounted for in this study.

dude, that is a lot of polysyllabic words.

or.. to break it down for some people, words with a lot of syllables.

or.. to even break it down further. Long words that some folks might not know the meaning of.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-11-01, 12:14

Rocinante wrote:lol Trump voter.

One wonders if this has something to do with Loose's love of the game euchre, or that he is a trumpet player in a Mio jazz band.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-01, 12:14

Turtleneck wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:it's amusing how all the felon supporters are trying to project their guilt on others. I'm voting for Darrell Castle. Shall I take a picture and break MI law to prove it? If so, I'll expect pics from all of you supporting Hills as she tries to become the 1st PResident to be impeached before she's sworn in.

Goose is not republican.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-01, 12:15

OTPT is not an entitled millennial.

.... See? Saying something doesn't make it true.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 12:16

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:lol Trump voter.

One wonders if this has something to do with Loose's love of the game euchre, or that he is a trumpet player in a Mio jazz band.
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-01, 12:16

Rocinante wrote:OTPT is not an entitled millennial.

.... See?  Saying something doesn't make it true.
Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-01, 12:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Goose is not a republican.

Thanks OTPT - you're right, I'm a Conservative. Republicans haven't been a Conservative party for 30+ years and Trump is a flat out liberal.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-01, 12:25

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 Pie-chart-10-90-gif
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-11-01, 12:29

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 Pie-chart-10-90-gif

NICE throwback, kiddo!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-04, 20:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:bump..

Hey Goose - let me know when the liberal media covers your hero's impending hearing on a child rape charge.

"impending hearing" becomes - she dropped her civil lawsuit today.

So no criminal hearings at all, in fact no court appearances at all. Just the smear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-07, 09:27

Turtleneck, im curious about something. I dont have a follow up to whatever your answer might be and the question is not a product of my usual attempt at trolling/fighting....

Do the recent offerings from Wikileaks regarding CNN being the PR arm of the DNC alter your stance even slightly regarding media bias? I know you put a lot of stock into the peer reviewed studies you presented (for good reason) but these latest releases seem to shock even someone like me who figured it was just the culture within the company, not the outright, intentional colluding that Wikileaks seems to reveal.

Like i said, i dont even have a follow up or angle, just a natural curiousity on your thoughts.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-07, 09:28

LooseGoose wrote:

Hey Goose - let me know when the liberal media covers your hero's impending hearing on a child rape charge.

"impending hearing" becomes - she dropped her civil lawsuit today.

So no criminal hearings at all, in fact no court appearances at all.   Just the smear.
Kinda like Crooked Hillary's email account?

got it. I'm glad the mainstream media never covered it.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-11-07, 09:30; edited 2 times in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-07, 09:29

I dont even see anything about them in this thread, which is strange.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-07, 11:10

xsanguine wrote:I dont even see anything about them in this thread, which is strange.

I'm waiting for CNN to cover CNN emailing Hill's campaign to ask for questions to use in their Trump and Cruz interviews. I imagine they do that for all candidates.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-09, 14:01

Watch closely.

Beginning as early as today, but definitely by January 20, 2017, the mainstream media will discover a host of problems, dangers, failures, troubles, mistakes, and catastrophes that somehow escaped their attention, or were considered unimportant, during the last eight years under Obama.

For example, When jobs numbers come out, nothing less than 250,000 full-time jobs will be considered ”strong.” A 4.9 percent unemployment rate will be considered almost as disastrous as the 4.2 percent rate under Bush in 2006. “Real” unemployment will be adjusted once again by the labor force participation rate and will be found to be 9.5 percent, not 4.9 percent.

Crises in the Middle East will be attributed to American bellicosity and maladroit U.S. policy. When Iran acquires a nuclear weapon, it will be because of then-current foreign policy failures.

Adding even twelve cents to the current $20 trillion national debt will be “unpatriotic” and a fiscal catastrophe in the making.

The worst race relations in 50 years will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican control of the White House and Congress.

Public outrage over health insurance will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican failure to fix the health care system. Last year.

We will learn that 13 million more people than in, oh, 2008, have instantly descended into poverty. Anything less than 3 percent growth in any quarter will be due to abysmal administration failures.

The Justice Department will be found to have been horribly politicized. By Republicans. There will be alarm over the derogation of the rule of law.

The ranks of racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and bigots of every stripe will have swelled tenfold.

Actual instances of government incompetence will be uncovered after eight years of astonishing bureaucratic perfection.

Welcome back mainstream media. Your eight -year vacation from reality is over.

From National REview.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-09, 14:08

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch closely.

Beginning as early as today, but definitely by January 20, 2017, the mainstream media will discover a host of problems, dangers, failures, troubles, mistakes, and catastrophes that somehow escaped their attention, or were considered unimportant, during the last eight years under Obama.

For example, When jobs numbers come out, nothing less than 250,000 full-time jobs will be considered ”strong.” A 4.9 percent unemployment rate will be considered almost as disastrous as the 4.2 percent rate under Bush in 2006. “Real” unemployment will be adjusted once again by the labor force participation rate and will be found to be 9.5 percent, not 4.9 percent.

Crises in the Middle East will be attributed to American bellicosity and maladroit U.S. policy. When Iran acquires a nuclear weapon, it will be because of then-current foreign policy failures.

Adding even twelve cents to the current $20 trillion national debt will be “unpatriotic” and a fiscal catastrophe in the making.

The worst race relations in 50 years will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican control of the White House and Congress.

Public outrage over health insurance will have commenced with, and will be due to, Republican failure to fix the health care system. Last year.

We will learn that 13 million more people than in, oh, 2008, have instantly descended into poverty. Anything less than 3 percent growth in any quarter will be due to abysmal administration failures.

The Justice Department will be found to have been horribly politicized. By Republicans. There will be alarm over the derogation of the rule of law.

The ranks of racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and bigots of every stripe will have swelled tenfold.

Actual instances of government incompetence will be uncovered after eight years of astonishing bureaucratic perfection.

Welcome back mainstream media. Your eight -year vacation from reality is over.

From National REview.

In a thread about media bias that YOU started, you just linked something from the National Review?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-11-09, 14:55

FTR, I see a lot of people in this thread who are arrogantly disregarding the type of person that siad "fuck you, I'm tired of being disregarded and made fun of".   

Somehow the Democratic party has to figure out where they became so elite and arrogant and forgot about rural poverty in favor of urban poverty. Going to West Virginia and sayign shit reverbated to every rural town in America.   Having  Obama, his wife and Bill up on stage along with a rocker from the 70's and 80's to close out your campaign, sent a stron message that things indeed weren't ever going to change.  

I didn't vote for Trump.  I have voted democratic most of my life, but somehow we have to stop being this arrogant smartest guy in the room.   Self reflection needs to be done, I'm not so sure Trump didn't just change the electoral college map all over America.   Why did so many states abandon the same old same old.  Lets try figuring that out instead of arguing about the media and putting down those who are sick of it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-11-09, 15:04

Dwags, youre a pretty smart dude. (been in wv for work for the last 4 weeks and hol-ee-shit... Figured this only existed in alabama and old burt reynolds movies).
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-10, 07:36

bump..

the mainstream media, as I predicted, got the candidate they wanted.. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-11-10, 08:27

the mainstream media, as I predicted, got the candidate they wanted.. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 969504605

Lmfao...We'll if Bob says it, it must be true.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-10, 08:35

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

From National REview.

In a thread about media bias that YOU started, you just linked something from the National Review?

Even as I type this I know you're probably too fucking stupid to understand the difference but I'll try anyway.

National Review doesn't fucking pretend to be unbiased you dolt. That's a HUGE difference.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-10, 08:37

CheesySpartan wrote:

Lmfao...We'll if Bob says it, it must be true.
I usually am. afro
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-11-10, 08:38

DWags wrote:FTR, I see a lot of people in this thread who are arrogantly disregarding the type of person that siad "fuck you, I'm tired of being disregarded and made fun of".   

Somehow the Democratic party has to figure out where they became so elite and arrogant and forgot about rural poverty in favor of urban poverty. Going to West Virginia and sayign shit reverbated to every rural town in America.   Having  Obama, his wife and Bill up on stage along with a rocker from the 70's and 80's to close out your campaign, sent a stron message that things indeed weren't ever going to change.  

I didn't vote for Trump.  I have voted democratic most of my life, but somehow we have to stop being this arrogant smartest guy in the room.   Self reflection needs to be done, I'm not so sure Trump didn't just change the electoral college map all over America.   Why did so many states abandon the same old same old.  Lets try figuring that out instead of arguing about the media and putting down those who are sick of it.

70% Trump votes in many rural counties in Michigan.

Yet most Hills supporters here would have you believe all of those people only voted that way because they're ignorant, racist and misogynists.

The refusal to accept that they have legitimate grievances is the 1st mistake.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-11-10, 08:40

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:FTR, I see a lot of people in this thread who are arrogantly disregarding the type of person that siad "fuck you, I'm tired of being disregarded and made fun of".   

Yet most Hills supporters here would have you believe all of those people only voted that way because they're ignorant, racist and misogynists.  

well, they did support a candidate who is an admitted sexual predator and was endorsed by the KKK.

(you don't have to like it but it doesn't make it any less true)

but.. emails. Never any media bias - well maybe just a little.   All the time. - Page 10 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-10, 08:57

LooseGoose wrote:

Maybe those people voted that way because they didn't realize he's an asshole (like you said)?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-11-10, 09:03

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Even as I type this I know you're probably too fucking stupid to understand the difference but I'll try anyway.

National Review doesn't fucking pretend to be unbiased you dolt. That's a HUGE difference.

Oh. Huh.

My guess is their "bias" is centered around telling the "truth" and not actually admitting being biased.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 26  Next