Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,

5 posters

Go down

Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,  Empty Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,

Post by DWags 2016-06-08, 08:25

Amazing. You guys who are numbers guys just blow me away. Algorithms actuaries, engineers, well fucking done. This is some crazy shit.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/08/technology/online-searches-can-identify-cancer-victims-study-finds.html?_r=0
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,  Empty Re: Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-08, 08:29

kinda makes sense.. in an era of self-diagnosis, the farce that is WebMD, etc. it seems like most people would start Googling symptoms, etc - prior to diagnosis.

it's entirely possible that I'm oversimplifying, though - I'm not terribly bright and prefer to look at things on a 3rd grade level.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,  Empty Re: Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-08, 08:31

Well, if the person googled "do I have pancreatic cancer" it's a pretty easy way to narrow it down a lot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-06-08, 08:33

Get those queries to Google and you'll have something. No one uses Bing.

I'm sure Homeland Security is already doing this to track terrorists.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-06-08, 08:38

Google/Bing are now also able to predict which internet users create the longest thread titles.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-08, 08:48

Microsoft scientists have demonstrated that by analyzing large samples of search engine queries they may in some cases be able to identify internet users who are suffering from pancreatic cancer,  502811600 Floyd, I just copied and pasted because I didn't know how to spell pancreatic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down