Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Riley at Oregon State, an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.

+4
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
8 posters

Go down

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  Empty Mike Riley at Oregon State, an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 09:17

Pretty powerful story. She dropped the charges after death threats. Riley suspends two suspected players for one game. She claims she hated Riley more than her rapists. He invites her to tell her story to his Nebraska team.

Riley invites a rape victim from 18 years ago while he was at OSU to talk to his Nebraska team.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  Empty Re: Mike Riley at Oregon State, an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 09:22

powerful story, indeed. Read something about that yesterday.

on a similar note, countdown 'til one of our esteemed tSwill regulars say that she deserved it.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  Empty Re: Mike Riley at Oregon State, an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.

Post by kingstonlake 2016-06-23, 09:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:powerful story, indeed. Read something about that yesterday.

on a similar note, countdown 'til one of our esteemed tSwill regulars say that she deserved it.

You won you're own contest. Cheater.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-23, 09:29

That is a really good story
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 09:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:powerful story, indeed. Read something about that yesterday.

Had they just done it with fingers, we'd have a couple of guys saying that it wasn't even an assault.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 09:31

DWags wrote:

Had they just done it with fingers, we'd have a couple of guys saying that it wasn't even an assault.
"it was just fingers"..."did anyone mention how she was dressed"?..."wonder how much she had to drink"??

disgusting.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 09:41

Good story. Riley stepped up. Seems like a good person to be coaching a college football team. Will probably be fired for not winning enough games.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 09:46

Turtleneck wrote:Good story. Riley stepped up. Seems like a good person to be coaching a college football team. Will probably be fired for not winning enough games.
wins > everything else.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 09:56

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Good story. Riley stepped up. Seems like a good person to be coaching a college football team. Will probably be fired for not winning enough games.
wins > everything else.

College sports suck. 6th year players (really wtf?) 2.6 billion dollar contracts that the kids who bring it in get nothing of, 4 year players playing at one school, then deciding, what the hell, I'll play at another school now. Manipulation of rules to get kids in to a university that would never have them as a regular student.

I hate everything about it.

But you bet your ass I'm hoping MSU kicks ass every saturday and wins championships. I'm as hypocritical as they come. Just win baby. Goooooooooooooooo. Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeennnnnnn!!!!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 10:00

Exactly. Sounds like he was part of that problem but has since realized there is more at stake with his job.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 10:20

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:wins > everything else.

College sports suck. 6th year players (really wtf?) 2.6 billion dollar contracts that the kids who bring it in get nothing of, 4 year players playing at one school, then deciding, what the hell, I'll play at another school now. Manipulation of rules to get kids in to a university that would never have them as a regular student.

I hate everything about it.

But you bet your ass I'm hoping MSU kicks ass every saturday and wins championships. I'm as hypocritical as they come. Just win baby. Goooooooooooooooo. Grrrrrrrreeeeeeeennnnnnn!!!!
my MSU clothing selection > vapid morality of college sports
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-06-23, 10:31

Pretty interesting story. Have an increased respect for the Nebraska football coach after reading that.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 10:35

SeeRockCity wrote:Pretty interesting story. Have an increased respect for the Nebraska football coach after reading that.
meh.. they suck. And cheat.

GO GREEN!

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-06-23, 10:35

Kudos to Riley. Our education or consent and sexual assault in this country is broken.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2016-06-23, 10:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
SeeRockCity wrote:Pretty interesting story. Have an increased respect for the Nebraska football coach after reading that.
meh.. they suck. And cheat.

GO GREEN!

Thanks Bob, your contributions to this forum are hard to quantify.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-06-23, 10:40

Nordic wrote:

Kudos to Riley. Our education or consent and sexual assault in this country is broken.

You mean like some fuck I met who actually said "it's time we address the actual problem" and referred to girls getting too drunk? Reminded me of loose.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 10:42

SeeRockCity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. they suck. And cheat.

GO GREEN!

Thanks Bob, your contributions to this forum are hard to quantify.
it's my pleasure to be here. Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  969504605

GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-23, 10:42

GO WHITE!!!!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 10:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:GO WHITE!!!!
come kiss me with that mouth...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-06-23, 10:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:GO WHITE!!!!
come kiss me with that mouth...

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  1f444 Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  1f618
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 10:54

Here's my question, If every college only took in athletes that qualified academically as a regular student to get into your college, do you believe that some of the bullshit associated with college football teams would go down, or is it a society thing and it doesn't matter? We see what appears to be a well educated kid at Stanford (in academics anyway) sexually assaulting a female and his father plays it off like it's no big deal. I come down on the side it's our overall ignorance in society and attitude, and it permeates every social class and every education level. It's a problem that is huge throughout our country and it's our ignorance that keeps it that way.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-06-23, 11:04

DWags wrote:Here's my question, If every college only took in athletes that qualified academically as a regular student to get into your college, do you believe that some of the bullshit associated with college football teams would go down, or is it a society thing and it doesn't matter? We see what appears to be a well educated kid at Stanford (in academics anyway) sexually assaulting a female and his father plays it off like it's no big deal. I come down on the side it's our overall ignorance in society and attitude, and it permeates every social class and every education level. It's a problem that is huge throughout our country and it's our ignorance that keeps it that way.

I doubt it. Many of these athletes are taught that consequences and accountability don't apply to them because of how high they jump or can throw a football. A 4.0 GPA doesn't change that.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-06-23, 11:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

"it was just fingers"..."did anyone mention how she was dressed"?..."wonder how much she had to drink"??

disgusting.

Nope, just you.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 11:08

DWags wrote:Here's my question, If every college only took in athletes that qualified academically as a regular student to get into your college, do you believe that some of the bullshit associated with college football teams would go down, or is it a society thing and it doesn't matter? We see what appears to be a well educated kid at Stanford (in academics anyway) sexually assaulting a female and his father plays it off like it's no big deal. I come down on the side it's our overall ignorance in society and attitude, and it permeates every social class and every education level. It's a problem that is huge throughout our country and it's our ignorance that keeps it that way.

I think assault stems from people with a predatory psychology independent of academic success or failure.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 11:08

kingstonlake wrote:

I doubt it. Many of these athletes are taught that consequences and accountability don't apply to them because of how high they jump or can throw a football. A 4.0 GPA doesn't change that.

Pretty much. It's why when a Kirk Cousins comes along, you marvel at how humble he can be.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 11:26

DWags wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Pretty much. It's why when a Kirk Cousins comes along, you marvel at how humble he can be.
he's an amazing young man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 12:32

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

he's an amazing young man.

And people like you who have a need to run good examples of people down through sarcasm are as bad as people who dig their heels in about ar15's.

It's where we're at. Clinton Trump. We all created this. Both sides.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 12:34

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:he's an amazing young man.

And people like you who have a need to run good examples of people down through sarcasm are as bad as people who dig their heels in about ar15's.  

It's where we're at.  Clinton Trump.  We all created this.  Both sides.  
I'm sorry that my posts make you sad.

is there a list somewhere of things we can't say and people we can't say anything about?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-06-23, 12:39

DWags wrote:

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  1966794946 Let's not be overly dramatic, DWags.

It's where we're at. Clinton Trump. We all created this. Both sides.

I did not help create any of this. Heck, I spend every day trying to prevent it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 12:41

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

is there a list somewhere of things we can't say and people we can't say anything about?

Nah, just surprised by the amount of assholes who are on both sides.

I'm actually excited to see the 2028 election. It's gonna be chaos.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 12:45

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Nah, just surprised by the amount of assholes who are on both sides.

I'm actually excited to see the 2028 election. It's gonna be chaos.
Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 12:46

DWags wrote:

Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  1966794946 Let's not be overly dramatic, DWags.

wait a second.. my goofy, silly commentary is just as bad as people demanding that we all need assault rifles.  Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 12:51

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Nope. And there never has been one. In the past, we could certainly say anything, but we chose words which were more likely to persuade. Now we choose words that are more likely to piss people off because they either see it our way or they're assholes.

When will we see the first full fledge brawl in the house or senate.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-06-23, 12:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

wait a second.. my goofy, silly commentary is just as bad as people demanding that we all need assault rifles.  Mike Riley at Oregon State,  an alleged rape victim is invited to talk to the Nebraska team about how Riley did nothing.  502811600

No Bob, you're right they're wrong.

You put an iron maiden picture up in regards to our basketball coach it's not mysoginistic, it's funny. I thought we covered it.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-06-23, 13:02

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

No Bob, you're right they're wrong.

You put an iron maiden picture up in regards to our basketball coach it's not mysoginistic, it's funny. I thought we covered it.

to be fair, it's not Iron Maiden. It's Eddie.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down