Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 6/28/2016, 4:18 pm

Also will one of you righties explain how making abortion illegal and at the same time cutting gov programs is logical?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Empty Re: Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..

Post by Tim Wakefield 6/28/2016, 4:20 pm

Agree with you DWags. But people act like it's impossible to get them. It isn't
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 4:20 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:
DWags wrote:I understand why some people in this country are against abortion. It's a belief that life is happening and life shouldn't be stopped. While we can argue that till the cows some home, in science in morals, in ethics, that would take till we all die to come to an agreement. However, I know of some people who are against abortion, but refuse any effort to educate many people on the options of birth control. They don't believe the government should be involved in it at all, yet they have to understand that the government will be very involved in taking care of unwanted babies for the rest of their life. It just seems so out of wack to me.

How fucking hard is it to buy a box of condoms? Gimme a break.

I'm against abortion when people use it as a convenience thing. If you get pregnant and have a healthy kid in there, at least give it a shot. Put it up for adoption or something. If the mother's life is in danger or its rape or another similar circumstance, then sure get an abortion. But if you accidentally get someone pregnant don't look for the easy way out by just offing it. JMO

At the very least, wait it out and then you have somebody to clean the house, mow the lawn, get you another beer, etc.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 6/28/2016, 4:22 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also will one of you righties explain how making abortion illegal and at the same time cutting gov programs is logical?

I don't think it should be illegal. Women should be able to choose, even though I'm strongly against the idea. In most cases, they should give the kid a shot though
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 6/28/2016, 4:26 pm

Honestly wake it's irresponsible for our generation to reproduce like the past generations. Be responsible. Wrap up. Don't have children. Live happy.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 6/28/2016, 4:29 pm

That's what I said!

But if it breaks and/or shit happens and someone ends up pregnant, own the mistake and have the kid. I'd hate to have an abortion and regret it.

Edit: Bad wording. I would not be the one having the abortion. That'd be the girl. FYI
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 6/28/2016, 4:43 pm

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Ab10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2016, 4:50 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Also will one of you righties explain how making abortion illegal and at the same time cutting gov programs is logical?

What government programs? Do you mean like WIC and SNAP? If not those what programs?

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 1452437061

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Food_stamps_2000-2013
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 6/28/2016, 5:53 pm

Nice charts goose. Good to see those two budgets grow. Put $ where it matters.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2016, 5:58 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Nice charts goose. Good to see those two budgets grow. Put $ where it matters.

I know there have been some attempts to cut the rate of growth, but of course those aren't real cuts except to a politician.

I firmly believe that if you support a pro life position that you must do every thing you can to help that mother birth a healthy baby, then the family (whatever the family is) raise and educate them. That may not seem like a majority opinion but I think that's because of press coverage not reality.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 6/28/2016, 5:58 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

What government programs?   Do you mean like WIC and SNAP?  If not those what programs?

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 1452437061

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Food_stamps_2000-2013

Both of these are needed and farmers and farmers markets benefit from them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 6/28/2016, 8:49 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Agree with you DWags. But people act like it's impossible to get them. It isn't

But.... They.... Don't....

So, what are you going to do about it if you want to limit abortions? Making it illegal is a fools errand at this point. Not even a realistic option. The only realistic way is to make condoms and birth control not only free but readily available to anyone anywhere they want it. Hell, give them out at McDonald's for all I care.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 8:50 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:Agree with you DWags. But people act like it's impossible to get them. It isn't

So, what are you going to do about it if you want to limit abortions? Making it illegal is a fools errand at this point. Not even a realistic option. The only realistic way is to make condoms and birth control not only free but readily available to anyone anywhere they want it. Hell, give them out at McDonald's for all I care.

Who's going to pay for those condoms, Travis?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 8:57 pm

xsanguine wrote:

All of us...with violence and putting people in cages.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 6/28/2016, 9:00 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

This
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:01 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

The only good cage is an empty cage, TN. So free your mind.

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 8611e199fc6bd3917d6f0ce6d2cf513c
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:02 pm

I figured we'd just force Trojan to make and then give away those condoms.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:03 pm

Turtleneck wrote:

This

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o91ujxDqlh1s17k0c_1280
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 9:04 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Librul/Activist SCOTUS Strikes Down Texas Abortion Law..  - Page 2 8611e199fc6bd3917d6f0ce6d2cf513c

I have the freest mind of them all...
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:05 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Maybe in the Jesse Ventura type of way.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 6/28/2016, 9:07 pm

xsanguine wrote:I figured we'd just force Trojan to make and then give away those condoms.

I never go this way in these conversations, because I know that people often say it in jest, but I really mean this question... Have you ever considered that you just live in the wrong country and that maybe you'd be happier somewhere else?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 9:17 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

You're the guy who supports his arguments with links to Info Wars and some pro wrestler's podcasts.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:20 pm

xsanguine wrote:I figured we'd just force Trojan to make and then give away those condoms.

I never go this way in these conversations, because I know that people often say it in jest, but I really mean this question... Have you ever considered that you just live in the wrong country and that maybe you'd be happier somewhere else?

I'm pretty happy, Travis. Arguing on the internet is just a hobby for me... it's not some release of angst or anger, it's fun to me. I get it bothers others but to be honest I'm probably never going to run into any of you in real life so I just exaggerate my views and maybe troll a little bit for personal lulz. It's not something I get to do in real life because it's socially unacceptable to debate just about anything. You're suppose to be polite and all that stuff. So I usually just talk about geothermal greenhouses or the best size for a pontoon boat or whatever vibe I get from someone.

I had someone try to talk about politics with me today and I just acted like I don't pay attention to the news. I know how those conversations go.

But having said all of that... that comment was meant to be taken light hearted. You're taking it more seriously than it was intended to be.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:22 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

You're the guy who supports his arguments with links to Info Wars and some pro wrestler's podcasts.

That was one cell phone video hosted by Info Wars, Turtlestuff. Are we still talking about Jesse Ventura when we talk about pro wrestler? I'm trying to remember if I ever posted Jesse's podcast or if you're talking about someone else.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 9:24 pm

xsanguine wrote:

I'm pretty happy, Travis. Arguing on the internet is just a hobby for me... it's not some release of angst or anger, it's fun to me. I get it bothers others but to be honest I'm probably never going to run into any of you in real life so I just exaggerate my views and maybe troll a little bit for personal lulz. It's not something I get to do in real life because it's socially unacceptable to debate just about anything. You're suppose to be polite and all that stuff. So I usually just talk about geothermal greenhouses or the best size for a pontoon boat or whatever vibe I get from someone.

I had someone try to talk about politics with me today and I just acted like I don't pay attention to the news. I know how those conversations go.

But having said all of that... that comment was meant to be taken light hearted. You're taking it more seriously than it was intended to be.

Not in my world. Well, you're still polite but debate is common.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 9:27 pm

xsanguine wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That was one cell phone video hosted by Info Wars, Turtlestuff. Are we still talking about Jesse Ventura when we talk about pro wrestler? I'm trying to remember if I ever posted Jesse's podcast or if you're talking about someone else.

Maybe he's not a wrestler. It's the guy that hosts the monkey brain eating show.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 6/28/2016, 9:29 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Well, when you say he same things 5743 times then people will sort of start to think that maybe you actually think those things for some reason. I'm sorry for my silly silly mistake. :(
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:29 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Not in my world. Well, you're still polite but debate is common.

Depends on the vibe you get. Most people that bring up politics in casual conversation with strangers are looking to vent. Amongst friends or colleagues whom you've already vetted their reactions to certain things, then sure.

I'm not looking to get into an argument with a client or a guy in line at the gas station.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:31 pm

xsanguine wrote:

Well, when you say he same things 5743 times then people will sort of start to think that maybe you actually think those things for some reason. I'm sorry for my silly silly mistake. :(

I certainly believe some of it but I like to test out certain opinions that I want to learn about, too. It's fun to me. Just something I enjoy doing. I'm just saying it's weird to put someone in this angry place when all they're doing is tapping away at a keyboard while watching the Joe Rogan Experience on Skype with Turtleneck.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:32 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Maybe he's not a wrestler. It's the guy that hosts the monkey brain eating show.

You ever watch Off The Grid? Jesse's podcast from his solar powered bunker in a desert in Mexico? Pretty hilarious stuff.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 6/28/2016, 9:36 pm

No. I missed that one.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 9:39 pm

You're missing out, man.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 6/28/2016, 9:54 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

BaaaaHaaaa!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 6/28/2016, 10:17 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

BaaaaHaaaa!

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2