Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

+20
xsanguine
Blanch32
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
CheesySpartan
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Death Roe
The_Dude
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Vlad
Dr. Strangelove
kingstonlake
DWags
24 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:21

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:those are big words. I'm not sure I understand them.

However, you do embody them. Well done.
again, thank you. I'm proud to have watched you walk by me on that unforgettable evening at El Azteco.

GO GREEN!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 Empty Re: Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:24

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I watched Fox News this morning blame it all on President Obama.. seriously. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600  Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Uh huh, I'm sure.

And liberals never ever blamed Bush for anything...

Your problem is you act like only one side finger points and act as if 'your side' isn't a bunch of fucking whackjobs too.
did you see the video of bu$h dancing at the memorial service for the Dallas police officers last week?

if you haven't seen it, check it out - it is truly something to behold. He was either drunk or coked out. I've never seen someone so happy about being at a memorial service.  Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-07-18, 10:25; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:24

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Agreed

Agreed

Nobody is suggesting more guns will correct the issue.  Not one single person.  Guns and mental health issues have nothing in common and a persons mental health issues are not affected negatively by anyones right to own them.

That's patently false.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein

That was a favorite quote of Alan Cropsey's during his time spent in the Michigan legislature. I hear it from family who are members of the NRA. It's lunacy.

And I don't want your guns. I want you to keep them home, where they belong.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......

So in that quote it certainly doesn't say more guns means less gun crime.

If we look at statistic there's a direct correlation between the dramatic rise in guns and the dramatic decrease in crime.

Not I'm not actually saying that was the case. But the quote you're trying to pin on what was said doesn't exactly match up. I see stretching it to make it fit, definitely.... but at that point it's just dishonesty
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:29

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's patently false.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein

That was a favorite quote of Alan Cropsey's during his time spent in the Michigan legislature. I hear it from family who are members of the NRA. It's lunacy.

If we look at statistic there's a direct correlation between the dramatic rise in guns and the dramatic decrease in crime.

Not I'm not actually saying that was the case. But the quote you're trying to pin on what was said doesn't exactly match up. I see stretching it to make it fit, definitely.... but at that point it's just dishonesty
so, as I said, more guns is the answer.

Thanks. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 10:30

Here's where I stand on cops shooting unarmed black men:

1. The vast, vast majority of cops are "good guys" and I respect the service they provide for very little pay. Of course there are a few bad apples, but that's just human nature. There are bad apples in any segment of the population.

2. Do cops target/profile black people? Maybe, but how can you not?? The statistics speak for themselves. It's not even a matter of right/wrong for me - it's just reality.

3. In the past, we didn't have video evidence to see this type of stuff happen, but of course it happend. Seeing in on video just makes it feel worse, but we need to understand that this is not something new. It was always there. Yes we need to limit how often it happens, but there will always be such cases given that we're dealing with human behavious in very stressful situations.

Bottom line: I don't envy the job of a police officer these days. With so many people carrying guns, just a simple traffic stop is a scary thing. I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I also recognize that there are some bad actors (and some bad judgment) in difficult situations.

Last edited by Vlad on 2016-07-18, 10:37; edited 1 time in total
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 10:32

xsanguine wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I watched Fox News this morning blame it all on President Obama.. seriously. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600 Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Exactly. It's all a fucking dick show.

I would never present news media as a target for a terrorist attack. But I'm not sure I'd shed many (if any tears) in the macro sense of things. Certainly the Starbucks Barista on the 32nd St side I'd feel bad for.

The rest.... we're overpopulated.

And I would never suggest you're coming across as an emotionally out of control whack job, but if you walked into CNN with an AR, it wouldn't surprise me.

See? Everyone can play that word game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:34

Vlad wrote:Here's where I stand on cops shooting unarmed black men:

1. The vast, vast majority of cops are "good guys" and I respect the service they provide for very little pay. Of course there are a few bad apples, but that's just human nature. There are bad apples in any segment of the population.

2. Do cops target/profile black people? Maybe, but how can you not?? The statistics speak for themselves. It's not even a matter of right/wrong for me - it's just reality.

3. In the past, we didn't have video evidence to see this type of stuff happen, but of course it happend. Seeing in on video just makes it feel worse, but we need to understand that this is not something new. It was always there. Yes we need to limit how often it happens, but there will always be such cases given that we're dealing with human behavious in very stressful situations.

Bottom line: I don't envy the job of a police offer these days. With so many people carrying guns, just a simple traffic stop is a scary thing. I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I also recognize that there are some bad actors (and some bad judgment) in difficult situations.
this is all correct.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 10:40

xsanguine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

That's patently false.
Robert A. Heinlein

Uh, that's exactly[ what he's saying. But keep being conveniently obtuse to fit your narrative.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 10:46

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Ive recently observed how you and another poster have called cops that shoot unarmed black guys the "good guys". I'm really confused by that.

Nobody as smart as you or Vlad would ever believe all cops are good or all cops are bad, so it's just a bit confusing. Unless you use hyperbolic statements to try to be a contrarian.

To be honest with you, I'm totally lost as to where we are in this conversation. Did someone suggest that "all" cops are good or bad??

I'm so confused...

So am I. Let me ask you: the cops that were shit and killed in Dallas and Baton Rouge, were they the good guys protecting us, or were they the bad guys who shoot unarmed black guys. It seems we have posters on this board who like to put all under one blanket to help pursue an argument. It's my point that debate in the subject would be more interesting if we kept such hyperbole out. However, I know that won't happen.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 10:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:did you see the video of President Bush dancing at the memorial service for the Dallas police officers last week?

if you haven't seen it, check it out - it is truly something to behold. He was either drunk or coked out. I've never seen someone so happy about being at a memorial service.  Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Actually Bobby he's a very religious man swaying to a hymn, the same type of behavior you see often in churches - especially black churches. Of course I'm aware you wouldn't know about that since you avoid churches, especially the black ones.

PS - Nice to see you revealing the source of your information - the Russia Times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 10:50

Let me get this straight: Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
But when cops murder unarmed black people, including children, and then a movement like BLM arises, and some whackjob black guys murder police officers simply for wearing blue uniforms, it's the fault of the news media? Blame Don Lemon and the news media? Is that how it is?
Some of you idiots truly are the color of consistency.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-18, 10:54

Haven't heard much from the NRA in the last two weeks
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-18, 10:56

The_Dude wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I watched Fox News this morning blame it all on President Obama.. seriously. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600 Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Uh huh, I'm sure.

And liberals never ever blamed Bush for anything...

Your problem is you act like only one side finger points and act as if 'your side' isn't a bunch of fucking whackjobs too.

You're a fucking idiot.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2016-07-18, 10:57

kingstonlake wrote:
no, removing guns from society does not create a magical utopia.

Agreed

we also need to value life while creating an environment where those that are suffering from the mental health issues you describe have access to professional help via funding of such and de-stigmatizing the need for it.

Agreed
or, as republicans insist on, we could just keep giving everyone unlimited access to guns, sit back and see how peaceful our society can become.

Nobody is suggesting more guns will correct the issue.  Not one single person.  Guns and mental health issues have nothing in common and a persons mental health issues are not affected negatively by anyones right to own them.

That is just absolutely not true. When the NRA advocates teachers carry guns in the classroom, volunteer to arm them, and have their NRA members patrol the hallways - that isn't more guns, it's something else?
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-18, 10:57

GRR Spartan wrote:Haven't heard much from the NRA in the last two weeks

Do you talk to the NRA often ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 11:02

they're kinda stuck in a little situation of their own making.. they say that if everyone had guns, we would all be much safer. That's been proven to be untrue.

And then a gang of protesters are interested in participating in their god-given 2nd Amendment right in Cleveland - Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

it's not been a good few weeks for our favorite patriotic gun enthusiasts.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-07-18, 11:03; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 11:03

Why would you? Did you hear from AAA after Nice?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 11:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
they're kinda stuck in a little situation of their own making.. they say that if everyone had guns, we would all be much safer. That's been proven to be untrue.

And then a gang of protesters are interested in participating in their god-given 2nd Amendment right in Cleveland - Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 502811600

Amazing how Black Lives Matter protesters have been advocating killing cops yet it's the NRA's fault when it happens. More tortured logic from your fevered mind.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 11:04

LooseGoose wrote:

Why would you?   Did you hear from AAA after Nice?
Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 4113017228  - the "AAA" is the American Automobile Association.. and Nice is in France.

And France isn't in America, thereby neither is Nice.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2016-07-18, 11:05; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 11:04

DWags wrote:
Vlad wrote:

To be honest with you, I'm totally lost as to where we are in this conversation. Did someone suggest that "all" cops are good or bad??

I'm so confused...

So am I. Let me ask you: the cops that were shit and killed in Dallas and Baton Rouge, were they the good guys protecting us, or were they the bad guys who shoot unarmed black guys. It seems we have posters on this board who like to put all under one blanket to help pursue an argument. It's my point that debate in the subject would be more interesting if we kept such hyperbole out. However, I know that won't happen.

See my post above regarding cops. Hopefully that answers your question. But just to be very clear, in no way were the officers in Dallas (or BR) "bad guys". They were good guys, as the vast majority of cops are.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Amazing how Black Lives Matter protesters have been advocating killing cops yet it's the NRA's fault when it happens. More tortured logic from your fevered mind.
more guns will show them Black Lives Matter people who's in charge.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 11:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why would you?   Did you hear from AAA after Nice?
Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 4113017228  - the "AAA" is the American Automobile Association.. and Nice is in France.

Wow....thanks Bobby. That wasn't the point but I'm happy to give you a platform to display your vast knowledge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 11:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Wow....thanks Bobby. That wasn't the point but I'm happy to give you a platform to display your vast knowledge.
you're welcome.. this is for future reference. It's a ways from Mio.. you would need a plane to get there, as it's across the ocean.

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 4 World-map

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-18, 11:22

Vlad wrote:Here's where I stand on cops shooting unarmed black men:

Bottom line: I don't envy the job of a police officer these days. With so many people carrying guns, just a simple traffic stop is a scary thing. I give them the benefit of the doubt, but I also recognize that there are some bad actors (and some bad judgment) in difficult situations.

Well put.

Cops are underpaid, but I'm not sure that I buy the argument I've heard since the Dallas incident that better compensation plans for cops will attract better cops. My guess is that takes certain mentality to be a cop, and whether their compensation amounts to $15/hour or $30/hour I don't see the quality of employed officers changing much.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 11:42

Well according to our Dear Leader the coppers only need to admit their bias and faults and all will be well.

"There are legitimate issues that have been raised, and there’s data and evidence to back up the concerns that are being expressed by these protesters.

"And if police organizations and departments acknowledge that there’s a problem and there’s an issue, then that, too, is going to contribute to real solutions. And, as I said yesterday, that is what’s going to ultimately help make the job of being a cop a lot safer. It is in the interest of police officers that their communities trust them and that the kind of rancor and suspicion that exists right now is alleviated."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-18, 11:52

Can our resident righties please at least acknowledge that these two incidents were both lone gunmen, and that their talk about mental health whenever there's a white dude that shoots at an abortion clinic or invades a college campus should also fit in this situation and blaming the national conversation on black lives would be admitting that anti-abortion or racist rhetoric can be at least partially to blame for things like Colorado Springs or Charleston?

Can't have it both ways. Talk can lead to violence. The stokers of the flames need to be held to account for their hatred, in all situations.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 12:00

Rocinante wrote:Can our resident righties please at least acknowledge that these two incidents were both lone gunmen, and that their talk about mental health whenever there's a white dude that shoots at an abortion clinic or invades a college campus should also fit in this situation and blaming the national conversation on black lives would be admitting that anti-abortion or racist rhetoric can be at least partially to blame for things like Colorado Springs or Charleston?

Can't have it both ways. Talk can lead to violence. The stokers of the flames need to be held to account for their hatred, in all situations.

I think I agree with your point, but I'm not sure. To me, if you're going to blame the BLM movement for the Dallas and BR police shootings, then you have to blame the "Pro Life" people for any abortion clinic shooting. In both cases, the "movements" didn't directly call for the shooting, but in both cases a few twisted minds took inspiration from those movements.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 12:04

LooseGoose wrote:Well according to our Dear Leader the coppers only need to admit their bias and faults and all will be well.

"There are legitimate issues that have been raised, and there’s data and evidence to back up the concerns that are being expressed by these protesters.

"And if police organizations and departments acknowledge that there’s a problem and there’s an issue, then that, too, is going to contribute to real solutions. And, as I said yesterday, that is what’s going to ultimately help make the job of being a cop a lot safer. It is in the interest of police officers that their communities trust them and that the kind of rancor and suspicion that exists right now is alleviated."

Good that he mentioned it. Like the saying goes, the first step to correcting a problem is admitting you have one.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-07-18, 12:05

Vlad wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Can our resident righties please at least acknowledge that these two incidents were both lone gunmen, and that their talk about mental health whenever there's a white dude that shoots at an abortion clinic or invades a college campus should also fit in this situation and blaming the national conversation on black lives would be admitting that anti-abortion or racist rhetoric can be at least partially to blame for things like Colorado Springs or Charleston?

I think I agree with your point, but I'm not sure. To me, if you're going to blame the BLM movement for the Dallas and BR police shootings, then you have to blame the "Pro Life" people for any abortion clinic shooting. In both cases, the "movements" didn't directly call for the shooting, but in both cases a few twisted minds took inspiration from those movements.

That's exactly what I'm saying. And it's not necessarily the BLM or Anti-abortion movements themselves, but some of the people that spring up on the fringes of those movements that incite violence. vitriolic rhetoric that finds root in social media will fan the flames perpetually. Especially when social media is now so efficient at providing an echo chamber for sick minds to get sicker and sicker. "media" of all sorts is no longer provided in the common interest, but is a clickbait machine that feeds opinions with reflections of themselves to the point where moderate and thoughtful are the exception and the rule is extremism.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 12:05

That's exactly what they want and expect to have.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-18, 12:21

tGreenWay wrote:Let me get this straight: Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
But when cops murder unarmed black people, including children, and then a movement like BLM arises, and some whackjob black guys murder police officers simply for wearing blue uniforms, it's the fault of the news media? Blame Don Lemon and the news media? Is that how it is?

Roasted.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by P Rob 2016-07-18, 12:37

This thread makes Gawker seem more normal by comparison. JFC.
P Rob
P Rob
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-07-18, 12:40

P Rob wrote:This thread makes Gawker seem more normal by comparison. JFC.

We are a F'd up bunch....lol!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 12:52

tGreenWay wrote:Let me get this straight:  Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
Guns don't kill people*.

Sincerely,

Republican Gun Nuts

* but Black Lives Matter, President Obama, the mainstream media, Rev. Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, et al. do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 12:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Let me get this straight: Guns don't kill people; people kill people.

Roasted.

It's one of those inconvenient truths they hope will go away if they just ignore it. Kind of like how the_douche hasn't answered my question from yesterday when I pointed out the fallacy of his statement. RWNJs hate the truth because it leaves them exposed with no possible logical, rational response, so instead they fall back on old chestnuts like blaming the media.

Rob Corddry was spot on when he said that facts have a well-known liberal bias.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-18, 12:58

To me both gunmrn represent how we have disgustingly failed to take care of our veterans when they get back home moreso than 'BLM'.

Both were vets who became mentally unhinged because the VA system is a fucking joke.

America 2016..where Dems would rather take care of illegal aliens than veterans.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-18, 12:58

tGreenWay wrote:

Roasted.

It's one of those inconvenient truths they hope will go away if they just ignore it. Kind of like how the_douche hasn't answered my question from yesterday when I pointed out the fallacy of his statement. RWNJs hate the truth because it leaves them exposed with no possible logical, rational response, so instead they fall back on old chestnuts like blaming the media.

Here are some links that show you why it's the poor and the blacks fault.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 12:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Let me get this straight:  Guns don't kill people; people kill people.
Guns don't kill people*.

Sincerely,

Republican Gun Nuts

* but Black Lives Matter, President Obama, the mainstream media, Rev. Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, et al. do.

And Cliven Bundy and his supporters and then the Oregon occupiers were just standing up to Big Government. BLM ain't nothing but murderous thugs.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 12:59

tGreenWay wrote:

Roasted.

remember when republicans called themselves the "Party of Personal Responsibility"?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 13:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Guns don't kill people*.

Sincerely,

Republican Gun Nuts

And Cliven Bundy and his supporters and then the Oregon occupiers were just standing up to Big Government. BLM ain't nothing but murderous thugs.  
but republican attacks on Black Lives Matter isn't racist..

In fact, if you don't believe me.. just ask them. They'll tell you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next