Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

+20
xsanguine
Blanch32
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
SpartanInNH
CheesySpartan
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Death Roe
The_Dude
Nordic
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Vlad
Dr. Strangelove
kingstonlake
DWags
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:18

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so, once again, good guys with guns couldn't stop a bad guy with a gun?

the NRA might want to revise their mission statement.

Without getting into the gun debate, the bad guy is dead.
and so are a handful of good guys.

someone should probably explain to the gun nuts that a 1 dead bad guy to 3 dead good guys isn't a positive ratio.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 Empty Re: Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 08:28

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:
someone should probably explain to the gun nuts that a 1 dead bad guy to 3 dead good guys isn't a positive ratio.

Or someone could explain to the stupid ass that thinks that.......in the context of an ambush that's not bad.

And interesting that you refer to "gun nuts" while not questioning the mental issues of the shooter. Or the progressives that have pushed this BLM narrative since Michael Brown for votes - the country is reaping what those fucking nuts have spent years sowing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:34

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and so are a handful of good guys.

Or someone could explain to the stupid ass that thinks that.......in the context of an ambush that's not bad.

And interesting that you refer to "gun nuts" while not questioning the mental issues of the shooter. Or the progressives that have pushed this BLM narrative since Michael Brown for votes - the country is reaping what those fucking nuts have spent years sowing.
agree completely.

When you devalue human life, defund access to mental healthcare and demonize education... while flooding the streets with guns, bad things are likely to happen.

oh - and you seem angry.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-18, 08:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

agree completely.

When you devalue human life, defund access to mental healthcare and demonize education... while flooding the streets with guns, bad things are likely to happen.

oh - and you seem angry.

Good to see you agree with the Progressives culpability in this. And yes, I am angry at those that would advocate ambushing police officers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-18, 08:42

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I'm not getting into the debate, Bob. I'm a political atheist.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 08:55

LooseGoose wrote:
someone should probably
explain to the gun nuts that a 1 dead bad guy to 3 dead good guys isn't a positive ratio.

Yes all of the "nuts". On both sides here. We've become a country that has no compromise because our side is right and fuck you.

Country was partially founded on something called the great compromise. Now we just look at each other and are flabbergasted that the other side can't see how right and righteous I am.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-07-18, 08:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

My understanding is that he was stopped. We both have fists. If you roll up and sucker punch me and I then knock you out because of it, its doesnt mean I didn't stop you. You were just an idiot with issues who reacted outside of society norms.
I think we need more guns. That'll work, right?

For the sake of argument lets remove every single gun from society. Now......does it affect a mentally unstable persons ability to become mentally stable in a positive or negative way?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:agree completely.

oh - and you seem angry.

Good to see you agree with the Progressives culpability in this. And yes, I am angry at those that would advocate ambushing police officers.
+1

now join me in being just as upset as officers who murder unarmed black people.

Unless, of course, you have no problem with that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:55

duffy munn wrote:

I'm not getting into the debate, Bob. I'm a political atheist.
and you're also a great American and a damn fine Spartan.

Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:56

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yes all of the "nuts". On both sides here. We've become a country that has no compromise because our side is right and fuck you.

Country was partially founded on something called the great compromise. Now we just look at each other and are flabbergasted that the other side can't see how right and righteous I am.
true.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:59

kingstonlake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I think we need more guns. That'll work, right?

For the sake of argument lets remove every single gun from society. Now......does it affect a mentally unstable persons ability to become mentally stable in a positive or negative way?
no, removing guns from society does not create a magical utopia.

we also need to value life while creating an environment where those that are suffering from the mental health issues you describe have access to professional help via funding of such and de-stigmatizing the need for it.

or, as republicans insist on, we could just keep giving everyone unlimited access to guns, sit back and see how peaceful our society can become.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-07-18, 09:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

When compared to 20 to 1, I would take it in a heart beat. The 0 to 0 ratio simply isn't possible with humanity
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2016-07-18, 09:19

Agreed

we also need to value life while creating an environment where those that are suffering from the mental health issues you describe have access to professional help via funding of such and de-stigmatizing the need for it.

Agreed
or, as republicans insist on, we could just keep giving everyone unlimited access to guns, sit back and see how peaceful our society can become.

Nobody is suggesting more guns will correct the issue.  Not one single person.  Guns and mental health issues have nothing in common and a persons mental health issues are not affected negatively by anyones right to own them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 09:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Wait, are the good guys the ones that shoot unarmed black guys? I get confused reading Bob's stuff.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:23

kingstonlake wrote:

Agreed

Agreed

Nobody is suggesting more guns will correct the issue.  Not one single person.  Guns and mental health issues have nothing in common and a persons mental health issues are not affected negatively by anyones right to own them.
I disagree with you on that... I'd say a majority of the republican party does, too.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:25

DWags wrote:

Wait, are the good guys the ones that shoot unarmed black guys?  I get confused reading Bob's stuff.  
you should try being me sometimes. It can get downright frightening.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 09:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wait, are the good guys the ones that shoot unarmed black guys?  I get confused reading Bob's stuff.  

I couldn't imagine what it would be like thinking I'm the smartest man in the room constantly. It would really put me on edge.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:40

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I couldn't imagine what it would be like thinking I'm the smartest man in the room constantly. It would really put me on edge.
you would be impressed with the flawless nature in which I pull it off.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 09:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

you would be impressed with the flawless nature in which I pull it off.

I'm more impressed by your ability to believe you pull it off. That's something not too many people are capable of.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 09:48

LooseGoose wrote:

Or someone could just explain to you that NO ONE is against the police (the "good guys" in this scenario) having guns. Logic fail.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 09:50

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you would be impressed with the flawless nature in which I pull it off.

I'm more impressed by your ability to believe you pull it off. That's something not too many people are capable of.

Actually, he really is one of the smartest posters here. So...there's that.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-07-18, 09:51

Coming from one of the dumbest posters isn't saying much, though.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 09:51

Vlad wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Or someone could just explain to you that NO ONE is against the police (the "good guys" in this scenario) having guns. Logic fail.

I don't know, I've just read in this thread that cops shoot unarmed black men. If those are good guys, well shit, that's gonna be tough to decide which side my family and I should join when the apocalypse starts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:51

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

Actually, he really is one of the smartest posters here. So...there's that.
Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 502811600

thanks, man.. but being one of the smartest posters here is sort of like being the tallest guy at the midget convention.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:51

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you would be impressed with the flawless nature in which I pull it off.

thanks, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 09:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

thanks, man.

Hey, no need, I'm just observing.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:57

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:thanks, man.

you're a great American, a damn fine Spartan and your observational skills rank very high on the Robert J Sakimano Scale of Observational Skills.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 10:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

you're a great American, a damn fine Spartan and your observational skills rank very high on the Robert J Sakimano Scale of Observational Skills.

Ive recently observed how you and another poster have called cops that shoot unarmed black guys the "good guys". I'm really confused by that.

Nobody as smart as you or Vlad would ever believe all cops are good or all cops are bad, so it's just a bit confusing. Unless you use hyperbolic statements to try to be a contrarian.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:07

LooseGoose wrote:Hope the media is proud of sensationalizing the "cop killings".......and creating Black Lives Matter.

Jon Solomon ‏@JonSolomonCBS
CNN reports at least 7 police officers are shot in Baton Rouge: 3 dead, 4 in critical condition. America is so depressing far too often.

Yeah, so what?

I thought the narrative was that cops just drove around killing unarmed black kids with were doing absolutely nothing.

Don't around with me with your bullshit fake crocodile tears ass clown, void of any emotion, canned response. What a piece of shit of a network. Unless your the type to suck dick for a promotion, why woulld you work for news agency, let alone one that tires "appear" centrist but in between all the lines is leftist messages.

You sold your sou. Rot in hell, CNN executives, same with Fox News and MSNBC. I hope you smell extra fatty as your tissue boils off.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:11

If we had to make a deal with ISIS. Look, we'll leave you alone entirely, but you must be give important individuals who at least partly determine policy.

CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, NPR.... strip down naked and get in that motherfucking cage. You're getting dropped in water. (or set on fire... depends how saucy I'm feeling). I'll watch every second of it.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:13

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're a great American, a damn fine Spartan and your observational skills rank very high on the Robert J Sakimano Scale of Observational Skills.

Ive recently observed how you and another poster have called cops that shoot unarmed black guys the "good guys". I'm really confused by that.

Nobody as smart as you or Vlad would ever believe all cops are good or all cops are bad, so it's just a bit confusing. Unless you use hyperbolic statements to try to be a contrarian.
those are big words. I'm not sure I understand them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:13

News media is suppose to be impartial. I don't give a fuck how you feel, Don Lemon, you suburban piece of shit. Just tell me who, how many, suspects, etc. I don't need your fake emotion.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:14

xsanguine wrote:If we had to make a deal with ISIS. Look, we'll leave you alone entirely, but you must be give important individuals who at least partly determine policy.

CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, NPR.... strip down naked and get in that motherfucking cage. You're getting dropped in water. (or set on fire... depends how saucy I'm feeling). I'll watch every second of it.
I'm on record here - multiple times - saying that the biggest issue our country faces is the mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 10:14

xsanguine wrote:News media is suppose to be impartial. I don't give a fuck how you feel, Don Lemon, you suburban piece of shit. Just tell me who, how many, suspects, etc. I don't need your fake emotion.
I watched Fox News this morning blame it all on President Obama.. seriously. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 502811600 Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 10:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

those are big words. I'm not sure I understand them.

However, you do embody them. Well done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
xsanguine wrote:News media is suppose to be impartial. I don't give a fuck how you feel, Don Lemon, you suburban piece of shit. Just tell me who, how many, suspects, etc. I don't need your fake emotion.
I watched Fox News this morning blame it all on President Obama.. seriously. Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 502811600 Multiple police officers shot in Baton Rouge - Page 3 502811600

Exactly. It's all a fucking dick show.

I would never present news media as a target for a terrorist attack. But I'm not sure I'd shed many (if any tears) in the macro sense of things. Certainly the Starbucks Barista on the 32nd St side I'd feel bad for.

The rest.... we're overpopulated.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2016-07-18, 10:20

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:you're a great American, a damn fine Spartan and your observational skills rank very high on the Robert J Sakimano Scale of Observational Skills.

To be honest with you, I'm totally lost as to where we are in this conversation. Did someone suggest that "all" cops are good or bad??

I'm so confused...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-18, 10:20

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Uh huh, I'm sure.

And liberals never ever blamed Bush for anything...

Your problem is you act like only one side finger points and act as if 'your side' isn't a bunch of fucking whackjobs too.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-18, 10:20

kingstonlake wrote:

Agreed

Agreed

That's patently false.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert A. Heinlein

That was a favorite quote of Alan Cropsey's during his time spent in the Michigan legislature. I hear it from family who are members of the NRA. It's lunacy.

And I don't want your guns. I want you to keep them home, where they belong.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-07-18, 10:21

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next