Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?

+10
Herbie Green
Nordic
duffy munn
y2kMgrad
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
14 posters

Go down

Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?  Empty Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?

Post by DWags 2016-07-17, 18:34

Maybe in my 20's. Doubtful though.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?  Empty Re: Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-17, 18:38

I would jump but pencil diving for sure. Have a buddy who will flip gainer and shit. He's quite the adrenaline junkie. Jumping off the pier in GH in high school was common. Jumped off 30 foot one on a lake.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?  Empty Re: Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?

Post by DWags 2016-07-17, 18:41

30 ft would be way pushing my limit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-17, 18:54

I've gone skydiving but I won't ever touch cliffdiving. I do not want to hit water at that speed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-17, 19:06

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've gone skydiving but I won't ever touch cliffdiving. I do not want to hit water at that speed.

O.K., that's a bucket list thing. However, I wan't a 100 percent guarantee that my shoot opens. Does that require some expert going down with me on my back like he's butt fucking me all the way? I really want to try that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-17, 19:10

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've gone skydiving but I won't ever touch cliffdiving. I do not want to hit water at that speed.

O.K., that's a bucket list thing. However, I wan't a 100 percent guarantee that my shoot opens. Does that require some expert going down with me on my back like he's butt fucking me all the way? I really want to try that.

Yeah, I had a big Australian dude strapped on my back. You can solo jump with enough training. I did it out in Vegas. Landed in the desert. It was a hell of a rush.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-07-17, 19:44

Doesn't the good Bush do that every year on his birthday? Jump out of perfectly good airplanes and that kind of stuff? I'd do the skydiving stuff, maybe even the cliff diving. There's some crazy bastards that do the cliff diving into near freezing water and then come back annually and do it again.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2016-07-17, 19:46

DWags wrote:Maybe in my 20's. Doubtful though.
Watching the Red Bull series?

Went off the 10 meter platform at the IM pool a couple times. Probably would have not done it except for being pleasantly drunk at the time.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-07-17, 19:58

Now? No.
In my 20s? No.

Or maybe. I don't know. My 20s were a long time ago and I forget how stupid I was compared with how stupid I am now.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-17, 20:01

tGreenWay wrote:

Now? No.
In my 20s? No.

Or maybe. I don't know. My 20s were a long time ago and I forget how stupid I was compared with how stupid I am now.

Preach.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2016-07-17, 21:15

Hell no.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-17, 22:47

I've retired from cliff diving.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-07-17, 23:46

My buddy just cliff dived off some place near Portland. Major props. Not something I would do.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-07-18, 00:07

I am afraid of heights yet always feel safer over water.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 08:21

Herbie Green wrote:I am afraid of heights yet always feel safer over water.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-18, 08:27

DWags wrote:30 ft would be way pushing my limit.

You never jumped off the 10 meter platform at the IM West Outdoor Pool?

That's almost 33 feet.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-18, 08:29

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:30 ft would be way pushing my limit.  

That's almost 33 feet.  

Yeah, and that' was pushing it in my early 20's. Now? I don't know
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-07-18, 08:30

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's almost 33 feet.

Yeah, and that's pushing it.

Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?  502811600

Yeah...not sure I'd go much higher than that.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-07-18, 08:45

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's almost 33 feet.  

Yeah, and that' was pushing it in my early 20's. Now? I don't know

Are you saying getting five drunk dudes on the platform and trying to throw each other off is a bad idea ?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-07-18, 09:33

I went a couple of times when I lived in Utah. It was kinda funny, I took some water shoes that I had as part of a wetsuit. I was happy I did, because the next day I could walk and I didn't have bruises on teh bottom of my feet. I'm not sure how far the drop was, counted to 3 before hitting water. The next time we went, we didn't realize the water was lower. I jumped off the high one again, and when I counted to 3 and didn't touch water, I had enough time to go 'oh fuck', then I hit it. It was probably about 5-7 feet more. I didn't go head first though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2016-07-18, 09:42

I grew up near a camp in Metro Detroit that was on their own private lake with a 10 meter wooden platform. Jumped off of that thing hundreds of times over the years, as recently as last summer.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-18, 09:59

we used to jump off of this bluff at a lake when I was a kid. Like most things when you're a kid, everything seems so much bigger, so much higher, etc - I would've sworn then it was probably 20-25 feet.

Now, I'll run on a trail by the very same bluff, stop and look down.. it still seems quite high (for someone who isn't a big fan of heights) - but I'd say it's closer to 12-15 feet. Would any of you crazy assholes even jump from where cliff divers are doing flips and diving?  502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down