Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melania Trumps speech.

+9
The_Dude
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
DWags
13 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Melania Trumps speech.  - Page 4 Empty Re: Melania Trumps speech.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-20, 23:25

DWags wrote:So, did Ted Cruise basically shut the door on any possible 2020 run?

http://abcn.ws/2avUAHV

Booooooo!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-20, 23:28

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
DWags wrote:So, did Ted Cruise basically shut the door on any possible 2020 run?

Booooooo!

Lololol
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-20, 23:30

I could see Cruz continuing a a US Senator until Jim DeMint retires and Cruz follows DeMint in resigning to become the next Heritage Foundation president.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-20, 23:35

I feel like anyone who is level headed/logical does not give an actual fuck about this whole speech thing. Am I wrong?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-20, 23:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I feel like anyone who is level headed/logical does not give an actual fuck about this whole speech thing. Am I wrong?

Yeah, who cares really. But it's interesting to see how they reacted to it. All these speeches are bullshit. Always have been. I think the reaction is more interesting.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-21, 06:14

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Booooooo!

Good for Lyin' Ted.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-21, 07:58

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Booooooo!

Good for Lyin' Ted.

It was a very politically safe move for Cruz. He'll probably be re-elected in 2018. He'll be 46 in December. Worst case scenario for Ted is he fails to get the nomination in 2020 and he continues as a senator or does what DeMint did.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-21, 08:38

GRR Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Good for Lyin' Ted.

It was a very politically safe move for Cruz.  He'll probably be re-elected in 2018.  He'll be 46 in December.  Worst case scenario for Ted  is he fails to get the nomination in 2020 and he continues as a senator  or does what DeMint did.

Yep. Basically Cruz is betting the Don't Pass line (craps reference), and that Trump is going to crash and burn so hard that he'll look like the smartest guy in the room after the general election.

I'm actually surprised they allowed him to speak, knowing that what he did last night was a possibility.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-21, 10:08

He thinks he opened it. Methinks he closed it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-21, 10:20

LooseGoose wrote:

He thinks he opened it. Methinks he closed it.
ya think?

Cruz is kind of a polarizing sort of guy anyway - always has been. I'm not sure he could ever win a national election to begin with - even his own party is quite disgusted with him (for reasons other than the Trump thing).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-21, 10:41

LooseGoose wrote:

He thinks he opened it.   Methinks he closed it.  

I kind of disagree.  When Trump flames out in November, I think GOP voters are going to wonder "what if we didn't fuck up and went with Cruz instead".  I think the closer we get to 2020 GOP voters' memories are going to get shorter. Cruz would have every right to say "I told you so", but he's smart enough not to use it. 

Whether or not he's a front-runner in 2020 depends a lot on the strength of the field four years from now.  At this point, I'd consider him a front-runner.  Not saying I'd ever vote for him, but he'll be there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-07-21, 10:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He thinks he opened it.   Methinks he closed it.  

I kind of disagree.  When Trump flames out in November, I think GOP voters are going to wonder "what if we didn't fuck up and went with Cruz instead".  I think the closer we get to 2020 GOP voters' memories are going to get shorter. Cruz would have every right to say "I told you so", but he's smart enough not to use it. 

Whether or not he's a front-runner in 2020 depends a lot on the strength of the field four years from now.  At this point, I'd consider him a front-runner.  Not saying I'd ever vote for him, but he'll be there.
the only thing more screwed up than the Democrat party is the Republican party. I think that the Republicans, though, created this mess themselves - so it's fun to sit back and watch the fallout.

I like Hillary but, obviously, she's a flawed candidate, though not as flawed as the right and the mainstream media make her out to be. The Dems should be leading 60%-40% or even more.. it's all one big indication of how screwed up they both are and we usually get what we deserve. And this is what we deserve.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-26, 09:12

I'm thinking obamas speech last night was her own.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-26, 09:17

DWags wrote:I'm thinking obamas speech last night was her own.

Yep - she thinks the country is in great shape unlike Bernie, Liz and Hills. Amazing how they seem to have opposing viewpoints.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-26, 09:19

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:I'm thinking obamas speech last night was her own.

Yep - she thinks the country is in great shape unlike Bernie, Liz and Hills. Amazing how they seem to have opposing viewpoints.

No, she said America is great. Big difference.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-26, 09:38

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

So it's not in great shape? Damn. If we'd only had a President she could support for the last 8 years. ;-)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-26, 09:51

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

So it's not in great shape? Damn. If we'd only had a President she could support for the last 8 years. ;-)

Seriously, if anybody has ever left office and been able to say all is well, I'd like to know who? Truman? It's a never ending process, and here's the part so many crumdongeons do t get, it's what makes America great. The constitution and our ability to amend it made America great. Economic debate and social debate will last forever, but to say America isn't great appeals only to the terminally frightened and angry.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-26, 09:53

Politicians and the people that surround them act like the country needs them to improve. For more shocking developments, stay tuned.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-26, 10:38

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Seriously, if anybody has ever left office and been able to say all is well, I'd like to know who? Truman? It's a never ending process, and here's the part so many crumdongeons do t get, it's what makes America great. The constitution and our ability to amend it made America great. Economic debate and social debate will last forever, but to say America isn't great appeals only to the terminally frightened and angry.

I know Wags.....I enjoy needling at times. Listening to the Dems last night was funny in that they were criticizing the hell out of Trump last week for painting a dark picture of America - then they did the same thing. Congress and the President can only set a general outline, what happens to the economy is 92% or more out of their hands.

Anybody that really believes electing either one or the other will make a huge difference is naive. It'll make a small difference at the margins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-26, 11:06

Goose I don't think it's accurate to say the Democrats "painted a dark picture of America". Bernie and the others pretty clearly commended Obama's presidency and accomplishments, while acknowledging there is still work to be done. It was not all doom and gloom, America is falling apart at the hinges like at the RNC.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-07-26, 11:12

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know Wags.....I enjoy needling at times. Listening to the Dems last night was funny in that they were criticizing the hell out of Trump last week for painting a dark picture of America - then they did the same thing. Congress and the President can only set a general outline, what happens to the economy is 92% or more out of their hands.

Anybody that really believes electing either one or the other will make a huge difference is naive. It'll make a small difference at the margins.

Yeah, Snyder will be given credit for a Michigan comeback and yet Obama will be blamed for continued problems. Or vice versa. Heads of state get way too much credit and way too much blame. Their policies do guide us and make some difference but Wall Street will forever pull the strings.

I'm still sick about both these candidates. As of now, I'm still not voting for either.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-26, 11:32

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah, Snyder will be given credit for a Michigan comeback and yet Obama will be blamed for continued problems. Or vice versa. Heads of state get way too much credit and way too much blame. Their policies do guide us and make some difference but Wall Street will forever pull the strings.

I'm still sick about both these candidates. As of now, I'm still not voting for either.

I'm in the Jill Stein camp right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-26, 13:49

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Well, thats the problem wags. The politicians shit on the Constitution and the left has been attacking free speech for years now. Obama refuses to even enforce federal law and has illegally bypasses Congress innumerable times.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-26, 13:51

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Well, uh, thats because Snyder has actually done things, you know, actionable things that we can all see instead of being another all talk, do nothing, mick the can politician.

Thats why Trump will probably be the next potus. He actually puts is money where his mouth is and accomplishes things. People are tired of the all talk politicians.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-26, 13:51

The_Dude wrote:
DWags wrote:

Well, thats the problem wags. The politicians shit on the Constitution and the left has been attacking free speech for years now. Obama refuses to even enforce federal law and has illegally bypasses Congress innumerable times.

Can you provide an example of when the left attacked free speech or when Obama illegally bypassed Congress? I'm legitimately curious.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-07-26, 13:59

AnomanderRake wrote:
The_Dude wrote:

Can you provide an example of when the left attacked free speech or when Obama illegally bypassed Congress? I'm legitimately curious.

Do you, um, live under a rock by chance?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-07-26, 14:01

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

Quick! Go to the viral conservative Facebook page and grab something! Anything!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2016-07-26, 16:39

The_Dude wrote:
AnomanderRake wrote:

So not a single example then? I have a hunch you're referring to the Obama administration's unwillingness to work with Fox News. I would hardly call that an assault on free speech.

If you were referring to the Obama Administration's actions towards whistleblowers, I would say that national security is not an excuse that should be tossed around lightly to silence/attempt to jail whistleblowers, and I adamantly believe we need immunity laws for whistleblowers.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-28, 11:56

Melanie Trump's website has left the building.

For whatever reasons Melania Trump's website has disappeared a few days after her RNC speech.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-28, 12:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Melanie Trump's website has left the building.

For whatever reasons Melania Trump's website has disappeared a few days after her RNC speech.

Theory I heard about 8 hours ago on the overnight news was that it had to do with the claim she had degrees as a designer and architect.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-28, 12:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Melanie Trump's website has left the building.

Theory I heard about 8 hours ago on the overnight news was that it had to do with the claim she had degrees as a designer and architect.

Good thing she's not running so it doesn't matter.

Strange that we never saw this kind of scrutiny on other candidate's wives. R or D. Kitty Dukakis? McCain's wife? Mondale's wife?
Romney's wife?

Might be that the new polls are driving them to desperation?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-28, 13:08

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Good thing she's not running so it doesn't matter.

Strange that we never saw this kind of scrutiny on other candidate's wives. R or D. Kitty Dukakis? McCain's wife? Mondale's wife?
Romney's wife?

Might be that the new polls are driving them to desperation?

Maybe spouses are now fair game in light of Bill's public past?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-28, 14:12

When does hunting for media victims season end in Mio?

It's a slippery slope.  We knew what schools all attended.  We knew the HS, colleges, grad school in at least HRC's case.  Knew their majors, if they were in sororities, which ones etc.

All was public info and was easily verified.  Hell we knew McCain's wife was the daughter of one of the biggest beer distributorship owners  in AZ, she went to USC, was a USC "sweater girl" cheerleader and got a degree from USC.

Once the speech was made it made for some questions.  Given Mrs Trump's timeline from university student to full time model, some questioned how she could acquire 2 degrees as her website stated.

I don't blame her.  She's been tossed into a spot light she never expected and people n the Trump organization (not the campaign) gilded the lily to make her academic accomplishments more than they were.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-07-28, 17:07

GRR Spartan wrote:It's a slippery slope.  We knew what schools all attended.  We knew the HS, colleges, grad school in at least HRC's case.  Knew their majors, if they were in sororities, which ones etc.

We did? Good lord I'm a political junkie and have been since the '68 election and I couldn't tell you that information on most of them.

Hills yes. Maybe Laura Bush because of the car accident. But the others I'd be drawing a blank.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-07-28, 17:56

Betty Ford was a model
Roselyn Carter married Jimmy after HS and was a homemaker
Kitty Dukakis has a masters from BU
Nancy Reagan was a trained actress
Ann Romney went to BYU and graduated majoring in French
Laura Bush has an elementary Ed degree and a grad degree in library science
Tipper Gore is a BU grad

That's just what I remembered.  Every one of those women had their biography out there.  Reporters knew them and campaigns vetted them before releasing them.  

Plus we are in an Internet age.  It doesn't take a lot of time to fact check anything.  

All Trump employees had to do was tell the truth.  She graduated from the equivalent of HS, started modeling.  Started university to study design and architecture but the modeling career took off.

Instead someone decided it needed to look better.

I see it as another example of a rookie mistake by Trump trying to campaign with a skeleton staff
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4