Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting

3 posters

Go down

Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting Empty Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-07-21, 16:08

Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting

DETROIT (AP) - A judge on Thursday blocked Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting, saying it's a direct strike on the rights of blacks in big cities who tend to vote for Democrats with a single mark on the ballot.

U.S. District Judge Gershwin Drain signed an injunction, a week after hearing arguments. He says the law would place a "disproportionate burden" on blacks in the fall election, the first election that would be affected.

A disproportionate burden is filling in a bunch of circles or punching a bunch of chads?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting Empty Re: Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-07-21, 16:20

My voting station uses the ballots where I have to fill in the arrows.

Do a lot of people vote straight tickets these days?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting Empty Re: Federal judge blocks Michigan's new ban on straight-party voting

Post by DWags 2016-07-21, 16:35

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:My voting station uses the ballots where I have to fill in the arrows.

Do a lot of people vote straight tickets these days?

Where I do, the sheep are all over the place and yes they do.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down