Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out

+11
Travis of the Cosmos
Herbie Green
xsanguine
tanfan!
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
The_Dude
TheReal_LWS
NigelUno
15 posters

Go down

OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out Empty OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-04, 11:00

Nike to Stop Making Golf Equipment in Latest Blow to the Sport

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/nike-to-stop-making-golf-equipment-in-latest-blow-to-the-sport/ar-BBvdyAY?ocid=ansmsnmoney11
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out Empty Re: OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-04, 11:10

Who gives a fuck. No one in my gold leagues uses Nike clubs and gold was great before Nike made clubs.

Also, there are too many people that play golf as is. Great to see the # of golfers in decline.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out Empty Re: OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-04, 11:10

Golf is a good walk spoiled. -Mark Twain
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-04, 11:11

The_Dude wrote:Who gives a fuck. No one in my gold leagues uses Nike clubs and gold was great before Nike made clubs.

Also, there are too many people that play golf as is. Great to see the # of golfers in decline.

Plus golf courses are bad for the environment. We should riot like we are in Baltimore!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-04, 11:28

There are courses closing down in Miami and Broward because there aren't enough golfers. Granted, paying $50 to play a shitty course might be scaring people away as well.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-08-04, 11:33

InTenSity wrote:There are courses closing down in Miami and Broward because there aren't enough golfers. Granted, paying $50 to play a shitty course might be scaring people away as well.

Golfing hit a major boom in the 90s especially with the rise of Tiger Woods.

Now the water is starting to even out a bit. There were too many courses built.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-04, 11:33

InTenSity wrote:There are courses closing down in Miami and Broward because there aren't enough golfers. Granted, paying $50 to play a shitty course might be scaring people away as well.

Golf courses in the midwest are being converted back into farmland. In the era of subsidized ethanol and high corn prices the land is worth more as corn ground.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-04, 11:34

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Who gives a fuck. No one in my gold leagues uses Nike clubs and gold was great before Nike made clubs.

Plus golf courses are bad for the environment. We should riot like we are in Baltimore!

What the fuck ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-04, 12:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

What the -beep- ?

Golf Lives Matter
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-04, 12:08

TheReal_LWS wrote:

What the -beep- ?

Golf Lives Matter

you used to be a better poster LWS. :(

Stop trying so hard. You'll get back in the co9 in no time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-08-04, 12:09

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Golf Lives Matter

you used to be a better poster LWS. :(

Stop trying so hard. You'll get back in the co9 in no time.

Sorry to disappoint. No really, I am.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-04, 12:10

I don't know.. I don't think even millennials could negatively impact my love of golf.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-04, 13:12

I'm so disappointed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-08-04, 13:14

I believe they are just getting out of the hardware business. Their clothing is still going to be around.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-08-04, 13:17

this news might impact our family attire in this year's Christmas card.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-08-04, 13:23

InTenSity wrote:I believe they are just getting out of the hardware business. Their clothing is still going to be around.

Thank the Lord. There's nothing sexier than golfing attire. I'd hate for that to disappear.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-04, 13:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:this news might impact our family attire in this year's Christmas card.

L o l
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-08-04, 15:03

They'd rather play video games and Instagram each other whilst sitting in their bedrooms all day long.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-08-04, 15:21

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Who gives a fuck.  No one in my gold leagues uses Nike clubs and gold was great before Nike made clubs.

Also, there are too many people that play golf as is.  Great to see the # of golfers in decline.

Habitat destruction via mowing of laws (required through threat of force in most locales) has been a new "crazy ideas for society" of X's. You'll have people out protesting fracking and waste and pollution (all equally valid complaints) returning from their protests to their 5+ mowed acres and the most they do is sit on their porch on the weekend and if they're lucky maybe water a few ferns on the side of their house.

I've seen stats that put the amount of habitat destruction in North American being directly attributed to mowing at 95%. Even if it's half of that.... seems quite substantial.

X's 2 crypto-cents on it. I wish I had an opinion on golf to offer but, meh.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-04, 15:23

I have noticed a few times driving by golf courses that are completely empty. And that is on a sunny saturday in West Michigan
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-08-04, 15:36

Herbie Green wrote:I have noticed a few times driving by golf courses that are completely empty. And that is on a sunny saturday in West Michigan

You should tell me where these courses are when you find them so that I can go play. I mean, ideally not in western Michigan but still.

Unless they're way too shitty. But I've only played one course in my life that I truly wouldn't go back to if it was open
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-08-04, 16:54

Nike is barely a step up, quality-wise, from the Powerbilt/Dunlop/Golden Bear sets.

Cobra is making quite the comeback.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-08-04, 17:04

I thought we were changing our millennials out. WTF?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-08-04, 17:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:I have noticed a few times driving by golf courses that are completely empty. And that is on a sunny saturday in West Michigan

You should tell me where these courses are when you find them so that I can go play. I mean, ideally not in western Michigan but still.

Unless they're way too shitty. But I've only played one course in my life that I truly wouldn't go back to if it was open

They are close to Lake Michigan between Montague and Ludington. And they look nice enough. I figure people aren't going to go to the lake to spend their time and money golfing
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-08-04, 17:42

I'm about to rage hard tonight if that does anything for you guys.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2016-08-04, 17:42

Went golfing a couple times and got bored silly. Then I saw people watching golf on TV and was WTF?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-08-04, 18:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm about to rage hard tonight if that does anything for you guys.

Gosh. Don't rage too hard. We don't want you to get hurt.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-08-04, 19:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I'm about to rage hard tonight if that does anything for you guys.

OTPT (Millenials) killing golf - Nike getting out Party-Hard-Dance-GIF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-08-31, 10:06

Golf equipment might not be the only thing that Nike stops making.

Nike layoffs: Nervous employees await dreaded HR email

Nike Inc. implemented the second phase of its downsizing Wednesday, notifying hundreds of employees they were being let go.

The athletic footwear giant faces an increasingly difficult market environment and announced in June it would lay off about 2 percent of its workforce. That equates to about 1,400 employees.

The first cuts came in June -- most of them in the product development and technology side of the company. Many more, from operations, sales support and customer service and other units, got the bad news this week.

Phil Gold worked for the company for 15 years, most of them in IT roles. He was one of hundreds of technology workers laid off in June. He said veteran employees who commanded higher salaries felt the brunt of the layoffs.

“They definitely targeted tenured, experienced employees as a money-saving thing with very little regard for how the work is going too get done,” Gold said. “It wasn’t about performance.”
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-31, 10:11

I'm not sure what Nike expects when they are selling apparel for about $10-15% higher than UA for basically the same clothes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-08-31, 10:16

If golf wasn't full of frat boys I may be more likely to get out there and play.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-31, 10:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:If golf wasn't full of frat boys I may be more likely to get out there and play.

You don't really see the people that aren't in your group otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down