Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

+23
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
tanfan!
The Pantry
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
Toe
Code_Warrior
Rocinante
InTenSity
The_Dude
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
xsanguine
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
Ass Dan
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
27 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials Empty General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-21, 22:24

From the old people on tSwill.

The best piece of advice I could give any of you guys, and I want you to hold this near and dear to your heart.

Spoiler:
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-02-21, 22:29

Inspiring advice General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 969504605
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials Empty Re: General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials

Post by Guest 2016-02-21, 22:32

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:From the old people on tSwill.

The best piece of advice I could give any of you guys, and I want you to hold this near and dear to your heart.

Spoiler:

Disagree. Blanch is a hard working man who puts a roof over his head and provides for himself.  That is something all millennial's should aspire to achieve in life (Many will never achieve his status, including on here). .  He isn't buried in student loan debt and I think swillsters should admire his hard work ethic and desire to be great.

-SD265 OUT

-Respect For Blanch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-02-21, 22:56

WBH delivers. Always.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-21, 22:58

Ass Dan wrote:WBH delivers. Always.

I try bruh. I'll keep it coming. I know this is gold.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-21, 23:01

Smoke as much weed as possible.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-21, 23:06

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

Spoiler:

Disagree. Blanch is a hard working man who puts a roof over his head and provides for himself.  That is something all millennial's should aspire to achieve in life (Many will never achieve his status, including on here). .  He isn't buried in student loan debt and I think swillsters should admire his hard work ethic and desire to be great.

-SD265 OUT

-Respect For Blanch

Good case study right here. SD offers nothing to society. He'll be on welfare after he runs through mommy and daddy's money. Don't be like SD.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-21, 23:08

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

-SD265 OUT

-Respect For Blanch

Good case study right here. SD offers nothing to society. He'll be on welfare after he runs through mommy and daddy's money. Don't be like SD.

I stimulate the economy in more ways than one. Razz
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-02-21, 23:12

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Is... Is "the economy" your butthole
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-21, 23:12

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You tickle the economy's balls?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:19

DWags wrote:Smoke as much weed as possible.

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials Nhh2nvO
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-21, 23:21

What does blanch say about first days?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-21, 23:22

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What does blanch say about first days?

Don't tuck your shirt into your underwear.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-21, 23:23

Don't eye fuck any new babes for longer than 10 seconds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2016-02-21, 23:25

Have someone take you out for a beer
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-21, 23:26

Don't masturbate in the stall closest to the door.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-21, 23:43

For realz, OTPT, don't stress about tomorrow. It's no big deal.

Remember that this is not the grown up job you are going to have for the rest of your life. I mean unless you're .0001% that's not going to happen. So don't put too much stress on yourself.

But - don't pull a Brennan and Dale either.

Don't worry too much about what they're going to teach you tomorrow. You're going to have the opportunity to ask questions as you learn on the job.

But - don't clam up, either. Serious here - be a Spartan. If MSU taught you anything, it's how to be social, talk to people. How to get along with people. Be conversational. Be relevant. Don't be a nervous stiff too scared to talk. Don't go hogwild asking how to tie your shoelaces.

Use common sense. You're a smart lad. Be you. You'll be fine. They hired you for a reason. They like you. Remember that. Don't give them a reason to change their opinion and that stance is unlikely to change. This ain't life or death. You're going to do great man.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-02-21, 23:46

Ask nedgo (sp?) for his MSU suit. You should probably forget the wrestling mask though
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-21, 23:47

OTPT (and Wake) tomorrow:

https://youtu.be/0EjqOCpM7d8?t=14s
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-21, 23:49

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 3493939353

WBH is the man. #SpartansWill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-21, 23:50

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:For realz, OTPT, don't stress about tomorrow. It's no big deal.

Remember that this is not the grown up job you are going to have for the rest of your life. I mean unless you're .0001% that's not going to happen. So don't put too much stress on yourself.

But - don't pull a Brennan and Dale either.

Don't worry too much about what they're going to teach you tomorrow. You're going to have the opportunity to ask questions as you learn on the job.

But - don't clam up, either. Serious here - be a Spartan. If MSU taught you anything, it's how to be social, talk to people. How to get along with people. Be conversational. Be relevant. Don't be a nervous stiff too scared to talk. Don't go hogwild asking how to tie your shoelaces.

Use common sense. You're a smart lad. Be you. You'll be fine. They hired you for a reason. They like you. Remember that. Don't give them a reason to change their opinion and that stance is unlikely to change. This ain't life or death. You're going to do great man.

None of this dumb advice matters since he is not going. Nice try though.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-21, 23:51

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 502811600 Damnit Turtleneck it is crunch time!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-02-21, 23:54

Don't get into any fights your first day.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-22, 00:02

One last thing before I go to bed. If you get the sense that whoever is showing you the ropes tomorrow might have a good sense of humor... By all means throw in some kind of crack against the blacks and/or the Jews. Best icebreaker ever.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-22, 00:10

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 502811600 Damnit Turtleneck it is crunch time!

If you go, you will never be the same.

Sure, they may seem nice. They might give you bonuses or other material rewards that make you feel appreciated. The office space might seem hip and trendy, and people might say "this is a great place to work," but it is all a facade. In return they will ask you to shed your skin for them. They will ask you to conform. They will ask that you trade your humanity for circuitry, your soul for a battery. You will be reprogrammed, OTPT. And it all begins tomorrow...if you go.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-02-22, 06:37

Fuck, be yourself. That ain't what they want, move the fuck on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 07:51

Spoiler:

Yea don't listen to me if you want to bang strange well into your thirtys. Instead, Listen to the green seat mafia and you'll be home depoting home improvement projects at 24 whole your wife is bitching about you being the reason they are late for some 9 am toddler birthday party filled with people you can't stand in button downs and kakhis
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 07:55

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

Spoiler:

-SD265 OUT

-Respect For Blanch

Speaking of which I hear savannaHS st patricks day fest is redic. Plus it's the actual day so i can still do the charlotte bar crawl too. Who's down? No need to decide now you have until the 15th.

Also, anyone down for the Kentucky derby? Hear the infield is a blast. Ground hogs day next year?

See, these are all things married people cannot nor will not do. Getting some of them to admit it is another matter
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 07:58

Don't do what my Wolverine buddy's brother did, and take job interview calls on the way back from lunch with the new coworkers. I am not joking about this either. That's the Michigan difference
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2016-02-22, 08:00

Tim Wakefield wrote:Ask nedgo (sp?) for his MSU suit. You should probably forget the wrestling mask though

General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 1966794946 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 1966794946 General advice for OTPT, Ass Dan, Wake, Millenials 1966794946 Jeezus Christ, I'd have paid him $500 to go to work in that on the 1st day.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-22, 08:06

How the first day? Please respond here often. You'll really impress your boss if he always sees you typing something into your phone.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 08:52

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How the first day? Please respond here often. You'll really impress your boss if he always sees you typing something into your phone.

This is a good point too. Only read the Swill on mobile at the office. Never use the work computer. Pretty sure I was being monitored at my last job and others have been flat out fires for it. Not worth the risk. Do like me and bs while on the work shitter, just like right now
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-22, 08:59

SEIZE THE DAY

ALL DAY

EVERY DAY

(This could be interpreted differently for different people...for blanch, it means pooping and message boarding...for others it could be more profound.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-22, 08:59

NigelUno wrote:SEIZE THE DAY

ALL DAY

EVERY DAY

(This could be interpreted differently for different people...for blanch, it means pooping and message boarding...for others it could be more profound.)

Flagged for repetitive posting.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-22, 09:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
NigelUno wrote:SEIZE THE DAY

ALL DAY

EVERY DAY

I guess that would be a minor flaw for that general advice...it probably needs to be repeated every 24 hours.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-02-22, 09:22

NigelUno wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I guess that would be a minor flaw for that general advice...it probably needs to be repeated every 24 hours.

Shocking you left the "tapping strange" part out.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-02-22, 09:45

Blanch32 wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Shocking you left the "tapping strange" part out.

SEIZE THE DAY

TAKE THE FISH PILLS

(24 hour repetitive general advice)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-02-22, 09:53

Fuck this fucking clown suit
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-02-22, 09:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck this fucking clown suit
I wear jeans a t-shirt to work most days..

of course, that's one benefit of working in the kitchen where customers can't see you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-02-22, 09:59

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck this fucking clown suit

i thought you were working for a college? Is it a clown college?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next